250 SX East

mxjon454
2/13/2020 12:27am
BS12 wrote:
The McElrath "sore back"/avoiding pointing out then switching teams rubs me the wrong way. Go J-Mart! Would be over the moon to see him riding at...
The McElrath "sore back"/avoiding pointing out then switching teams rubs me the wrong way.

Go J-Mart! Would be over the moon to see him riding at the levels he was getting to in 2018 SX.
mxjon454 wrote:
Or point out a hope he can find a somewhat decent 450 ride and if he does he’d probably be riding for free? I think he...
Or point out a hope he can find a somewhat decent 450 ride and if he does he’d probably be riding for free? I think he made the right choice by choosing a factory ride and a salary.
BS12 wrote:
Sorry I may not have worded it as well as I should. I'm more alluding to the fact that TLD KTM pulled him/covered for him with...
Sorry I may not have worded it as well as I should. I'm more alluding to the fact that TLD KTM pulled him/covered for him with the back issue as he was sliding out of the title fight (likely with a genuine back issue), so as to give him another shot at the title next year, for them. Instead, he's jumped ship to Star.
Ohh ok gotcha. Yaa I think that is kinda jacked up too. I wonder if McElrath and TLD KTM has some sort of verbal agreement like “ok we’ll sit you out so you don’t point out of the class so that we (as in him and TLD for 2020) can get that title next year) and then he ended up going to Star. If that was the case that’d be pretty messed up to do after riding for them for what 5 years? I understand him maybe wanting to start fresh and those Star Yamahas are unbelievable, but I don’t think TLD KTM are that far off of the bike, I think it’s probably the rider not really knowing what they want and not guiding TLD in the right direction. Throw Ferrandis on that bike and he will on it. Maybe this deal works out for Yamaha and KTM in the end tho. If Yamaha and AP or Barcia split and McElrath does good maybe McElrath goes to the factory team on a 450 and Ferrandis goes to KTM on a 450? I talked to Forkner at Elsinore SX track before the 2019 season and he said that Star had already approached him to ride for them this year (2020) because his contract was up last year, and he had said that he didn’t want to burn a bridge at Kawi by signing with Star. He said he didnt want to ride the Yamaha 450 when he moved up, but maybe this deal will work out for a 450 ride for McElrath.
mxjon454
2/13/2020 12:29am
Sexton got lucky as hell to miss 250 West. With as weak a field as he’ll be facing in the East, he ought to dominate this...
Sexton got lucky as hell to miss 250 West. With as weak a field as he’ll be facing in the East, he ought to dominate this series with ease. Even with years of experience, none of his competitors has ever been thought of as a legit title contender in the past.
East is more stacked then West this year IMO.
rhargrave431
2/13/2020 6:34am
Hasnt every one of the "top" contenders been injured in this offseason except for Shane? J mart, Hampshire, Sexton, Smith, Nichols. Sounds to me like whoever is most prepared, will have a huge advantage.

The Shop

Post a reply to: 250 SX East

The Latest