250 SX East

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2020 11:23 AM

Very stoked to watch the new guys out there! Everyone's thoughts on championship contenders? Being from Utah I will rooting for Pierce Brown and Garret Marchbanks. Bought tickets and booked flights to go to Atlanta to catch an East coast round. Also think it's interesting their round 2 at Arlington will be a triple crown.

|

2/10/2020 11:36 AM

McElrath and the Star Racing Yamaha should be upfront and contending for the title.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/10/2020 11:40 AM

J-Mart or Jordan Smith. McElrath will flame out like he has the last 4 years.

|

2/10/2020 11:44 AM

I dont't think they will be much slower indoors. Some like McElrath, Smith and Lawrence should be quite as fast, although i think the top outdoor contenders are on the west.
|

2/10/2020 11:50 AM

I think J Smith will be up front with Sexton.

|

2/10/2020 11:52 AM

Would be cool to see Jmart get some wins. Is Colt Nichols in?

|

2/10/2020 11:53 AM

McElrath title to loose with the other 2 top dogs on the west.

How fit is Nichols right now? Coming back from injury right? He should mix it up with Martin,Smith and Hampshire.

|

2/10/2020 11:55 AM

Should be the jordan smith show.

|

2/10/2020 11:58 AM

Rooting for RJ to come out swinging, especially as Tampa is his home race.

|

2/10/2020 12:03 PM

Jordon Smith or RJ Hampshire

|

2/10/2020 12:06 PM

brapgod69 wrote:

Would be cool to see Jmart get some wins. Is Colt Nichols in?

Heard he will miss the first couple of rounds

|

2/10/2020 12:07 PM

Photo
|

2/10/2020 12:36 PM

I have heard Nichols and Lawrence are gonna miss some rounds. Any confirmation?

|

2/10/2020 12:45 PM

I’m curious how the east rounds will be. Last year Sexton was gapping the field, and Forkner was gapping Sexton (until he got injured)
I think the west is the more competitive division with DF, JC and AF

|

2/10/2020 4:36 PM

917 wrote:

I have heard Nichols and Lawrence are gonna miss some rounds. Any confirmation?

Apparently Lawrence is out until the nationals, according to Jett on the pulp show

|

2/10/2020 4:46 PM

blockhead17 wrote:

Apparently Lawrence is out until the nationals, according to Jett on the pulp show

Damn that bums me out.

|

2/10/2020 4:47 PM

Heard Marchbanks is on the gas.

|

2/10/2020 5:14 PM

There is good depth in the 250 East but apart from Sexton most of the contenders have a history of not quite closing a series out.

McElrath - Star bike will help, but let's be honest in 2017 and 2018 he had a good factory KTM when he was in the title hunt too. Should have pointed out last year, pulled up lame in Seattle to avoid it.

Hampshire - Announced on RacerX podcast last week he will be racing with a torn ACL, done in December. He's been training at Baker's which makes me rate him highly but even though he says he's OK, that knee could be an issue.

Jordan Smith - 3rd factory team in 250s. Was close in 2017, but very injury prone. Sounds like his off-season was also beset with injuries. If he can manage 9 healthy races he's as good a bet as anyone.

J-Mart - man, I'm just happy to see him back on the gate. I still remember the sick feeling in my stomach when he was laying on the ground at Muddy Creek. But let's be honest, Jeremy's SX career has been littered with hits and misses. Almost fitting that he and Tomac train together as they both seem to have a similar profile.

Nichols - rumour has it he is not even back on the bike after needing a significant shoulder surgery last fall. So fast, but again like the rest of them here also very injury prone.

Marchbanks - one podium in the mud in his rookie SX year. Not really a title threat but lots of "flying at the test track" stories out there right now. A great season for him is more podiums and consistency.

In light of all of this, I think Sexton has to be the favourite. He does have a title. He was great in his rookie year in 2018, in a stacked west coast. Forkner had him covered in 2019, but I felt like Sexton was getting closer to him before the AF knee injury in Nashville.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

2/10/2020 6:52 PM

Prediction....The fat, drunk, mouth-breathing "team amurica" attendees will still be booing Ferrandis

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

2/10/2020 7:01 PM

root'n for joey crown. may turn some heads this season.

|

2/10/2020 7:12 PM

BEING FORM TEXAS I WANT TO CHEER FOR JOHN SHORT EVEN IF HE DIND STOP TO RIDE SUSZUKI

|

suszuki rm85

2/10/2020 9:13 PM

tylermx967 wrote:

BEING FORM TEXAS I WANT TO CHEER FOR JOHN SHORT EVEN IF HE DIND STOP TO RIDE SUSZUKI

Hey Tieler:
https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/NOS-96-RM-250-on-ebay,1371721

|

2/10/2020 9:26 PM

Ill be rooting for Joey Crown here too. Ive raced a few RC Car races with him when he was hurt last year. Seemed like a pretty cool kid and has really good speed.

|

2/10/2020 9:33 PM

tylermx967 wrote:

Hmm, caps lock for what, 10 years or so?
Not one small case letter. That takes discipline. Good job.

|

2/10/2020 10:22 PM

I was hoping to see Lawrence go for some wins

|

2/10/2020 10:29 PM

The McElrath "sore back"/avoiding pointing out then switching teams rubs me the wrong way.

Go J-Mart! Would be over the moon to see him riding at the levels he was getting to in 2018 SX.

|

2/10/2020 11:30 PM

It'll be Sexton or Jmart, both have looked pretty sharp on insta.

|

James = #7. Malcolm = #27
7/27=0.259259259259259259259
Stewart return confirmed!

2/10/2020 11:37 PM

BS12 wrote:

The McElrath "sore back"/avoiding pointing out then switching teams rubs me the wrong way.

Go J-Mart! Would be over the moon to see him riding at the levels he was getting to in 2018 SX.

Or point out a hope he can find a somewhat decent 450 ride and if he does he’d probably be riding for free? I think he made the right choice by choosing a factory ride and a salary.

|

2/10/2020 11:59 PM

hamncheeze wrote:

There is good depth in the 250 East but apart from Sexton most of the contenders have a history of not quite closing a series out.

McElrath - Star bike will help, but let's be honest in 2017 and 2018 he had a good factory KTM when he was in the title hunt too. Should have pointed out last year, pulled up lame in Seattle to avoid it.

Hampshire - Announced on RacerX podcast last week he will be racing with a torn ACL, done in December. He's been training at Baker's which makes me rate him highly but even though he says he's OK, that knee could be an issue.

Jordan Smith - 3rd factory team in 250s. Was close in 2017, but very injury prone. Sounds like his off-season was also beset with injuries. If he can manage 9 healthy races he's as good a bet as anyone.

J-Mart - man, I'm just happy to see him back on the gate. I still remember the sick feeling in my stomach when he was laying on the ground at Muddy Creek. But let's be honest, Jeremy's SX career has been littered with hits and misses. Almost fitting that he and Tomac train together as they both seem to have a similar profile.

Nichols - rumour has it he is not even back on the bike after needing a significant shoulder surgery last fall. So fast, but again like the rest of them here also very injury prone.

Marchbanks - one podium in the mud in his rookie SX year. Not really a title threat but lots of "flying at the test track" stories out there right now. A great season for him is more podiums and consistency.

In light of all of this, I think Sexton has to be the favourite. He does have a title. He was great in his rookie year in 2018, in a stacked west coast. Forkner had him covered in 2019, but I felt like Sexton was getting closer to him before the AF knee injury in Nashville.

He kinda lost a title due to the DNF on said KTM if I remember correctly.

|

2/11/2020 12:05 AM

Brian Moreau, rookie for TLD, has a lot of potential but I don't think he can be a threat for the title

|