250 LCQ Daytona Start Crash / Lane Shaw

Related:
Create New Tag

3/10/2019 11:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2019 11:15 AM

Hate seeing riders go down, but that is some great exposure for Fly with their new helmet. If you watched the slow-mo replay of Shaw going down that helmet did exactly what it was suppose to do.

|

3/10/2019 11:30 AM

I missed the LCQ, but I heard someone got KO'd and it was red flagged? Who was it?

|

3/10/2019 11:34 AM

Black Diesel Bomber wrote:

I missed the LCQ, but I heard someone got KO'd and it was red flagged? Who was it?

Check the thread title boss hoss

|

3/10/2019 11:39 AM

That was UGLY, almost looked like he could've gotten decapitated from a front wheel.

|

3/10/2019 11:44 AM

Yeah that was nasty

|

3/10/2019 11:44 AM

Glad he's ok and walked away. Probably good thing he was knocked out so he could just bend and flex like a drunk in a car crash. Could have gone the other way real easy.

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

3/10/2019 11:49 AM

foreman52 wrote:

Hate seeing riders go down, but that is some great exposure for Fly with their new helmet. If you watched the slow-mo replay of Shaw going down that helmet did exactly what it was suppose to do.

Is there a video of the crash online anywhere?

|

3/10/2019 11:53 AM

Black Diesel Bomber wrote:

Is there a video of the crash online anywhere?

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
|

3/10/2019 11:57 AM

I was legit scared. When he wasn't moving, I was expecting the worse. When the crowd cheered, that was HUGE relief. Glad those kids are ok..

|

3/10/2019 12:35 PM

That was bad!! So glad he got up and walked away.

|

3/11/2019 7:05 AM

^^^Excellent first post!

|

3/11/2019 7:18 AM

Photo
|

3/11/2019 7:44 AM

I watched it in real time, looked at my wife, and said I think I just watched someone die. I prayed like hell for him, especially when I saw him laying motionless on the ground. How anyone can walk away from that, without injury just shows someone was looking out for him.

|

3/11/2019 7:53 AM

Really been pulling for this kid! He’s been getting beat up this year, and it’s all been some terrible luck (i.e., people bouncing into him and he getting worst of it). Hopefully, he can put it in the Main and start a good luck streak

|

3/11/2019 8:09 AM

Don't want to be too morbid, but it happened right in front of me and the gf. She instantly started to get panicky and started to tear up, the thought of someone being killed right in front of you was something that never crossed her mind. I stood up right away and was motioning for the red.

Him going limp sent me right back to British supersport rider Craig Jones and MotoGP rider Marco Simoncelli. Both had get offs and the slightest hit to the head from a real wheel ended up killing them. The also immediately went limp and I knew those outcomes beforehand.

scary as shit, and Lane survived the LCQ in Minneapolis after being run over two times. Dude is tough.

|

3/11/2019 8:20 AM

That last pic in the sequence... Ugh..

|

Name withheld... Esquire


3/11/2019 8:49 AM

He seems like a Super cool kid , for anyone that hasn't listened to the pulp privateer island podcast, that Steve Did with him, i cant see how anyone could listen to that and Not become a fan, just super Genuine and appreciative of where he is at and the help he Gets.
Here is a Link Race Tech/FXR Racing: Privateer Island Life #66- Lane Shaw by The Steve Matthes Show on RacerX
https://player.fm/1tZWRC #nowplaying

|

3/11/2019 9:01 AM

The first turn layout was to blame here. Totally sketchy.

|

THERE IS NO SECOND MOTO IN LIFE!

3/11/2019 9:14 AM

I am glad he is doing as well as he is, plus the racer who landed on the pavement (as best I could tell).

|

3/11/2019 9:15 AM

This is awesome!

|

My bikes:

KTM duke 790
KTM 250 Sx
Thumpstar TSR 190

3/11/2019 9:38 AM

KDXGarage wrote:

I am glad he is doing as well as he is, plus the racer who landed on the pavement (as best I could tell).

I was watching on TV and was happy to see Lane was ok. His crash was so bad I didn't notice in the first viewing that my kid (#81) hit the pavement, then the wall at the tail-end of that crazy crash. They held up the 2nd start of the LCQ for him because they didn't think he was going to line up for the race. Once the medic director saw him on the line they brought the mechanics back out and he had a conversation with him and then decided to carry on. He got a lot of TV time, but not the kind he wanted

He saw his doctor this morning and everything checked out ok. He's just bruised and sore.



Joey


Photo



|

3/11/2019 9:44 AM

I Think Lane will make a main this year as long as he is ok, he has been getting closer and closer

|

3/11/2019 10:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2019 10:22 AM

JAC wrote:

I was watching on TV and was happy to see Lane was ok. His crash was so bad I didn't notice in the first viewing that my kid (#81) hit the pavement, then the wall at the tail-end of that crazy crash. They held up the 2nd start of the LCQ for him because they didn't think he was going to line up for the race. Once the medic director saw him on the line they brought the mechanics back out and he had a conversation with him and then decided to carry on. He got a lot of TV time, but not the kind he wanted

He saw his doctor this morning and everything checked out ok. He's just bruised and sore.



Joey


Photo



His truck for a college kid is something else. Being a privateer or in the cpu business pays good. Glad he was able to remount and make the gate.

|

3/11/2019 5:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2019 5:59 PM


excuse my first post. Wasnt aware i couldn't post video, had to be an embedded link.


https://www.instagram.com/p/Buz3GXNgZGQ/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
|

3/11/2019 6:00 PM

floridaforest wrote:
excuse my first post. Wasnt aware i couldn't post video, had to be an embedded link.


https://www.instagram.com/p/Buz3GXNgZGQ/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

View this post on Instagram

#daytonasx #crash @laneshaw86 @jcartwright_81

A post shared by Forest Leeper ?? (@floridaforest827) on

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/11/2019 6:28 PM

KDXGarage wrote:

I am glad he is doing as well as he is, plus the racer who landed on the pavement (as best I could tell).

JAC wrote:

I was watching on TV and was happy to see Lane was ok. His crash was so bad I didn't notice in the first viewing that my kid (#81) hit the pavement, then the wall at the tail-end of that crazy crash. They held up the 2nd start of the LCQ for him because they didn't think he was going to line up for the race. Once the medic director saw him on the line they brought the mechanics back out and he had a conversation with him and then decided to carry on. He got a lot of TV time, but not the kind he wanted

He saw his doctor this morning and everything checked out ok. He's just bruised and sore.



Joey


Photo



So I’m taking it that you are Josh’s Father ?

If so... congrats on his success in racing, while going to college. Not an easy task by any means !!

Not sure if you’ve seen this video yet, ( or if you even want to), but it wasn’t very apparent that he was also laid out in that crash.
https://www.facebook.com/svcsabe24/posts/2113092798807772

I’m glad that he was OK and seemed to be able to continue with the restart. After seeing that video, I’m actually very surprised that they let him line up.

|

3/11/2019 6:56 PM



Pardon the sound... lol
|

3/11/2019 7:28 PM

When they picked him up and he was limp
I thought that was not cool, not sure why they did that.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly