250 Foxboro Main no announcers on Peacock!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/23/2022 6:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/23/2022 6:25 PM

WhipMeister wrote:

Audio was normal on NBC. Somebody forgot to hit the Peacock switch.

If they made the mains without announcers on Peacock I would pay double for the subscription. Peacock is such a good deal. I can watch SNL live but on Hulu you have to wait until the next day unless you shell out the money for Hulu Live, If the races weren't on Peacock I wouldn't have subscribed but I'm glad I joined. With the libary they have, it's a no brainer to shell out six bucks a month or twelve without announcers and input from track reporters for the main events. :-)

|

4/23/2022 6:39 PM

Was surprisingly awful without announcers….

|

4/23/2022 9:41 PM

Brad460 wrote:

Was surprisingly awful without announcers….

You’re insane. Was awesome.

|

4/23/2022 10:14 PM

I enjoyed it, felt more like I was there at the race.

|

4/23/2022 10:32 PM

I don’t really have a preference either way, I usually tune the commentary out. But I had myself wondering how this could be happening at a stadium where one of the biggest football teams plays. You’d think the media stuff would be about as “plug and play” as you could get at Gillette.

|

4/23/2022 11:01 PM

That's a bummer on the audio... I was hoping to hear how Jet Lawrence was doing.

|

4/23/2022 11:22 PM

It's pretty funny how some people are clueless when the announcers aren't there to hold their hand through the race.

|

4/24/2022 12:10 AM

devindavisphoto wrote:

It's pretty funny how some people are clueless when the announcers aren't there to hold their hand through the race.

I prefer it with the announcers, it just adds to the hype and excitement a little. I like hearing about lap times etc too..

|

4/24/2022 12:57 AM

I enjoyed it, I played commentator today

|

4/24/2022 1:29 AM

Gotta be honest. Even though it was totally unprofessional thing to have happen...and embarrassing for our sport, it was nice to just listen to the racing without the bullshit.

Especially since we didn't have to listen to Screetch with "I spoke to......................................................."

|

I may not be an insider but I have loved this sport since the 70's. 2-smokers forever!

4/24/2022 4:16 AM

blockhead17 wrote:

I prefer it with the announcers, it just adds to the hype and excitement a little. I like hearing about lap times etc too..

You can have Live Timing up to keep track of lap times. And like Magoofan said no Screetch was a plus. Last night was a gift.

|

4/24/2022 4:51 AM

Photo

Peacock sound engineer
|

4/24/2022 5:04 AM

I really do think they should have the option of buying a tv package like that. It was like being at the races and was the most enjoyable race I’ve watched this year. Honestly what would it hurt to have the option of just hearing the bikes?

|

4/24/2022 5:28 AM

I've said it for years that it should be two volume slides on a stream. Race volume and announcing volume.

They won't do it because they got to tell you what grocery store you can buy monster at.

|

4/24/2022 5:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2022 5:57 AM

It would be nice if "we" as fans of the sport could vote in the crew for the season.
My picks for the booth would be Blair and someone else, His talent is being wasted on the floor!
RC would be ok ...be awesome to get JT though and put RC back on the floor.
Shit can Will and bring in someone that actually knows the sport and maybe road a dirt bike once in their life.
Why not Steve Matthas? Osborne needs more time and training behind the mike, but he has a good eye and take on everything track side.
And keep that Rutletge moron far, far away from anything to do with SX, I can't FF fast enough!
Some one put it about as good as I could ever and he said...
" I'd rather watch 2 monkeys high on pcp skull fu#k a dead squirrel than watch Rutletge

|

4/24/2022 6:13 AM

Unpopular opinion: Ruttlage did ok this year..
But what if you’re wrong?

|

4/24/2022 3:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2022 3:31 PM

I would never bash the announcing crew. Their jobs are far more complex than people realize. However, no broadcast announcing was awesome! The only mistake was not cranking the sound up of the crowed and engines. It felt like being there in persons imo.

|

"I believe that large bulge in the pipe is a sign from God we should all go back to 2-strokes." -Fouled Plug

4/24/2022 4:09 PM

I’m not all that fond of the announcing but hearing the bikes and crowd more clearly doesn’t really add anything to the broadcast IMO

|

4/24/2022 5:24 PM

Was friggin awesome. Felt like I was there.

Before that both the Diff and RC had screwed the pooch a couple times.

Outside of that, in the places I have worked, when we had a major goings on we would always have an “after action review” or a “Learning From Incident”. Basically a forum to air out “what went well and what didn’t”. Thought all professional organizations did these but seems loke the broadcast team are not up to modern times.

You can take the sport out the backwoods, but you can’t take the backwoods out the sport.

|

4/25/2022 8:33 AM

It was a nice change

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

4/26/2022 9:20 AM

It was like being there. Loved it.
yes that should be an option.
Best commentary of the season so far.

|