250 East and Forkner

observeroffacts
Fantasy
3725th
Edited Date/Time 4/13/2019 3:37am
Matthes is saying that he heard Forkner injured both his ACL and Meniscus last weekend. I’ve only ever injured my meniscus and know that it’s the lesser of the two, but there’s no way I would’ve ridden with it. Do we even see him line up the rest of the year or is Sexton sitting in the hot seat now?

Any insiders know if Forkner plans to line up at all?
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/12/2019 5:38am
They still have another week to do rehab and acquire an industrial-sized pile of athletic tape.

Here’s hoping that he can make it to the gate, but that the attempt doesn’t make it worse.
dl117
Fantasy
2587th
4/12/2019 6:18am
ACL sucks, but he will not be the first to race with a torn one and wont be the last. If they can manage the swelling and popping out it might be ok. Mine exploded and was very painful, that I remember.
swtwtwtw
4/12/2019 6:22am
3 weeks off of a partial tear of the acl is no problem. He’ll feel good, but will have to keep that leg off the ground. That’s my experience and I hope that is the case for him.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
4/12/2019 6:22am
My bet is he is going for it.

The Shop

Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
4/12/2019 6:29am
I’m sure he has his surgeon on speed dial. The call will be coming.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
4/12/2019 6:38am
At this point, outdoors is over.....

I’ve done my ACL twice and had a “bucket handle” tear on my meniscus that had to be removed.

With the ACL - I tore it all the way through. Once the swelling went down, it was just unstable. I could have rode 2 weeks after. Probably not well, but 80%.

With the meniscus - the bucket handle tear flipped over on itself and restricted any movement in the knee. To me, that’s what it looked like last weekend with AF. The meniscus tore/flipped in a way that locked his knee and prevented any movement. It hurts like a bitch too. Funny part about that for me was, I tore the meniscus years after my first ACL reconstruction and got it to flip back over - so for the better part of 6 months it would flip and I would work my knee in a circle and get it to flip back.... until one day it wouldn't go back. I broke down and have surgery the next week.

I think best case scenario is he rides 80% and puts up a fight the last few rounds - knowing there is likely to be no more damage done, and has it fixed during outdoors.
4/12/2019 6:52am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2019 6:53am
I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to wrap up the SX championship, but I don't think it will happen. Really hoping he does, though.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
4/12/2019 6:54am
hope he can finish this year out and maybe the ACL isn't fully torn. But I suspect if he only had a menicus injury and just needed a piece clipped out they would have done surgery right away and he'd be doing pretty good by the next race. Such a bummer, kid was in a league of his own this year.
RonJon
4/12/2019 7:29am
I'm going to be the lone guy who will say this, but I think Cooper will win and clinch it. It's pretty much a home town race for him in Jersey and if he can get a start over sexton in vegas and podium he's got it. The only wildcard is if CC is back strong enough to be a contender in Jersey, could make it interesting....
4/12/2019 8:51am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2019 11:04am
I tore my acl/meniscus in Nov of 2017. By three weeks later I was moving around decently, although somewhat gingerly.

By Jan 2018, my doctor suggested I forgo surgery and live with both tears, since I was moving okay. Six months later, I tore additional ligaments and wadded the meniscus locking the knee hard, and finally requiring ligament replacement and menisectomy if I were to walk again.

Summarily, in my experience:
[List][*]Yes, you may be able to still function on even on a fully ruptured ACL if you can mitigate the pain/swelling.
[*]Yes, you are at significantly greater risk for larger long-term damage if you choose to do so.
[*]That choice would obviously be what Austin has to gauge[/list]
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
4/12/2019 9:11am
TeamGreen wrote:
Wins Title

Gets knee fixed
This would make for a heck of a storyline!
TXDirt
4/12/2019 9:12am
Lining up to score a point or two is reasonable. Seems very ureasonable to think he can beat Sexton and Cooper. Doesn’t he need to finish ahead of them? That’s not happening.
Sleapy
4/12/2019 9:16am
Am I the only one who doesn't like Forkner? Obviously I hope the guys okay and isn't to seriously hurt, but if he didn't win this title I wouldn't mind one bit.
Nesc39
4/12/2019 9:29am
His mother messaged me for four days straight on Instagram and sent me about 60 messages in a lunatic rage over a comment I made about him being dramatic. Well anyway, in one of those very very ungodly messages she said he’s racing.
4/12/2019 9:32am
Nesc39 wrote:
His mother messaged me for four days straight on Instagram and sent me about 60 messages in a lunatic rage over a comment I made about...
His mother messaged me for four days straight on Instagram and sent me about 60 messages in a lunatic rage over a comment I made about him being dramatic. Well anyway, in one of those very very ungodly messages she said he’s racing.
Lol.

Sounds like she resolutely cleared up that there is no drama there at all.
4/12/2019 9:35am
RonJon wrote:
I'm going to be the lone guy who will say this, but I think Cooper will win and clinch it. It's pretty much a home town...
I'm going to be the lone guy who will say this, but I think Cooper will win and clinch it. It's pretty much a home town race for him in Jersey and if he can get a start over sexton in vegas and podium he's got it. The only wildcard is if CC is back strong enough to be a contender in Jersey, could make it interesting....
Nope. He had an opportunity to make that possible last weekend and threw it away. Sexton is the better man right now. Sexton will take it.
FlaNard
4/12/2019 9:35am
Man I hope he can somehow bring this one home. I know its all part of racing but he has been the class of the field all season. I'd love to see that hard work rewarded.
Sleapy
4/12/2019 9:48am
Nesc39 wrote:
His mother messaged me for four days straight on Instagram and sent me about 60 messages in a lunatic rage over a comment I made about...
Screenshots? LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
kNewc
4/12/2019 9:52am
I sprained my knee 3 weeks ago and it's still sore. Sore enough I can't run...I can't even kick start a bike let alone ride one. 3 weeks after a tear seems impossible for how my knee feels these past 3 weeks. I hope he can pull it off though!
WW444
4/12/2019 10:00am
Sleapy wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't like Forkner? Obviously I hope the guys okay and isn't to seriously hurt, but if he didn't win this...
Am I the only one who doesn't like Forkner? Obviously I hope the guys okay and isn't to seriously hurt, but if he didn't win this title I wouldn't mind one bit.
Yes, you are the only one.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
4/12/2019 10:00am
I tore my acl/meniscus in Nov of 2017. By three weeks later I was moving around decently, although somewhat gingerly. By Jan 2018, my doctor suggested...
I tore my acl/meniscus in Nov of 2017. By three weeks later I was moving around decently, although somewhat gingerly.

By Jan 2018, my doctor suggested I forgo surgery and live with both tears, since I was moving okay. Six months later, I tore additional ligaments and wadded the meniscus locking the knee hard, and finally requiring ligament replacement and menisectomy if I were to walk again.

[List][*]Yes, you may be able to still function on even on a fully ruptured ACL if you can mitigate the pain/swelling.
[*]Yes, you are at significantly greater risk for larger long-term damage if you choose to do so.
I basically had the same experience- I put off having my ACL repaired and ended up doing even further damage and then my knee lock up when the torn part of the ACL got stuck between the bones. Needless to say I had surgery the next day. Due to this decision to put off the surgery back in the day 80% of my meniscus is gone and I will eventually need a new knee.

Anyways, I think he lines up and wins the title then has it repaired.
4/12/2019 10:12am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2019 10:20am
I tore my acl/meniscus in Nov of 2017. By three weeks later I was moving around decently, although somewhat gingerly. By Jan 2018, my doctor suggested...

Brad460 wrote:
I basically had the same experience- I put off having my ACL repaired and ended up doing even further damage and then my knee lock up...
I basically had the same experience- I put off having my ACL repaired and ended up doing even further damage and then my knee lock up when the torn part of the ACL got stuck between the bones. Needless to say I had surgery the next day. Due to this decision to put off the surgery back in the day 80% of my meniscus is gone and I will eventually need a new knee.

FWIW, Both of my parents had their meniscus removed in the 60s prior to arthroscopic surgery/repair using the old cut it out with a scalpel method.

Now both are in their mid 70s, retired with their original arthritic, wonky knees. My father still races moto, and my mother is cycling across Europe right now.
pops
4/12/2019 10:29am
Nesc39 wrote:
Your post on his Instagram was over the line, hence the 200 or so replies to it
BobKerr
4/12/2019 10:49am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2019 10:50am
I think he comes back and races the last two races, but Sexton wins the title. It is too bad too, because Forkner won every East coast round.
C.Worthy
4/12/2019 11:04am
Nesc39 wrote:
You mean your stupid idiotic post. Definition of keyboard warrior. Here’s your post about him being “dramatic”
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
4/12/2019 11:06am

Brad460 wrote:
I basically had the same experience- I put off having my ACL repaired and ended up doing even further damage and then my knee lock up...

FWIW, Both of my parents had their meniscus removed in the 60s prior to arthroscopic surgery/repair using the old cut it out with a scalpel method...
FWIW, Both of my parents had their meniscus removed in the 60s prior to arthroscopic surgery/repair using the old cut it out with a scalpel method.

Now both are in their mid 70s, retired with their original arthritic, wonky knees. My father still races moto, and my mother is cycling across Europe right now.
You have some bad ass parents,good for them! I hope I can be that active if I'm alive at that age.
DonM
4/12/2019 11:45am
Nesc39 wrote:
So you're one of those....
Casting
4/12/2019 11:55am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2019 7:34pm
What Nesc posted was messed up but he is not the first to trash forkner or call him out on stuff people think is drama.

Forkner took a lot of flack from peopl on here for the incident at Southwick as well, seeming to feign being knocked out on the track, or whatever it was people were saying.

Hard to fault him for pounding on the ground though, that could have been more due to frustration rather than pain.

Personally, I wouldn't have made that instagram comment, but then again I don't use instagram...

Post a reply to: 250 East and Forkner

The Latest