250 East and Forkner

Related:
Create New Tag

4/12/2019 5:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2019 5:35 AM

Matthes is saying that he heard Forkner injured both his ACL and Meniscus last weekend. I’ve only ever injured my meniscus and know that it’s the lesser of the two, but there’s no way I would’ve ridden with it. Do we even see him line up the rest of the year or is Sexton sitting in the hot seat now?

Any insiders know if Forkner plans to line up at all?

|

4/12/2019 5:38 AM

They still have another week to do rehab and acquire an industrial-sized pile of athletic tape.

Here’s hoping that he can make it to the gate, but that the attempt doesn’t make it worse.

|

4/12/2019 6:18 AM

ACL sucks, but he will not be the first to race with a torn one and wont be the last. If they can manage the swelling and popping out it might be ok. Mine exploded and was very painful, that I remember.

|

kcco

4/12/2019 6:22 AM

3 weeks off of a partial tear of the acl is no problem. He’ll feel good, but will have to keep that leg off the ground. That’s my experience and I hope that is the case for him.

|

4/12/2019 6:22 AM

My bet is he is going for it.

|

4/12/2019 6:29 AM

I’m sure he has his surgeon on speed dial. The call will be coming.

|

4/12/2019 6:38 AM

At this point, outdoors is over.....

I’ve done my ACL twice and had a “bucket handle” tear on my meniscus that had to be removed.

With the ACL - I tore it all the way through. Once the swelling went down, it was just unstable. I could have rode 2 weeks after. Probably not well, but 80%.

With the meniscus - the bucket handle tear flipped over on itself and restricted any movement in the knee. To me, that’s what it looked like last weekend with AF. The meniscus tore/flipped in a way that locked his knee and prevented any movement. It hurts like a bitch too. Funny part about that for me was, I tore the meniscus years after my first ACL reconstruction and got it to flip back over - so for the better part of 6 months it would flip and I would work my knee in a circle and get it to flip back.... until one day it wouldn't go back. I broke down and have surgery the next week.

I think best case scenario is he rides 80% and puts up a fight the last few rounds - knowing there is likely to be no more damage done, and has it fixed during outdoors.

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

4/12/2019 6:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2019 6:53 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to wrap up the SX championship, but I don't think it will happen. Really hoping he does, though.

|

4/12/2019 6:54 AM

hope he can finish this year out and maybe the ACL isn't fully torn. But I suspect if he only had a menicus injury and just needed a piece clipped out they would have done surgery right away and he'd be doing pretty good by the next race. Such a bummer, kid was in a league of his own this year.

|

4/12/2019 7:29 AM

I'm going to be the lone guy who will say this, but I think Cooper will win and clinch it. It's pretty much a home town race for him in Jersey and if he can get a start over sexton in vegas and podium he's got it. The only wildcard is if CC is back strong enough to be a contender in Jersey, could make it interesting....

|

4/12/2019 7:30 AM

Wins Title

Gets knee fixed

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

4/12/2019 8:32 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

Wins Title

Gets knee fixed

I hope !

|

4/12/2019 8:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2019 11:04 AM

I tore my acl/meniscus in Nov of 2017. By three weeks later I was moving around decently, although somewhat gingerly.

By Jan 2018, my doctor suggested I forgo surgery and live with both tears, since I was moving okay. Six months later, I tore additional ligaments and wadded the meniscus locking the knee hard, and finally requiring ligament replacement and menisectomy if I were to walk again.

Summarily, in my experience:

• Yes, you may be able to still function on even on a fully ruptured ACL if you can mitigate the pain/swelling.
  • Yes, you are at significantly greater risk for larger long-term damage if you choose to do so.
  • That choice would obviously be what Austin has to gauge
|

4/12/2019 9:11 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

Wins Title

Gets knee fixed

This would make for a heck of a storyline!

|

4/12/2019 9:12 AM

Lining up to score a point or two is reasonable. Seems very ureasonable to think he can beat Sexton and Cooper. Doesn’t he need to finish ahead of them? That’s not happening.

|

4/12/2019 9:16 AM

Am I the only one who doesn't like Forkner? Obviously I hope the guys okay and isn't to seriously hurt, but if he didn't win this title I wouldn't mind one bit.

|

4/12/2019 9:29 AM

His mother messaged me for four days straight on Instagram and sent me about 60 messages in a lunatic rage over a comment I made about him being dramatic. Well anyway, in one of those very very ungodly messages she said he’s racing.

|

4/12/2019 9:32 AM

Nesc39 wrote:

His mother messaged me for four days straight on Instagram and sent me about 60 messages in a lunatic rage over a comment I ...more

Lol.

Sounds like she resolutely cleared up that there is no drama there at all.

|

4/12/2019 9:35 AM

RonJon wrote:

I'm going to be the lone guy who will say this, but I think Cooper will win and clinch it. It's pretty much a home town race ...more

Nope. He had an opportunity to make that possible last weekend and threw it away. Sexton is the better man right now. Sexton will take it.

|

4/12/2019 9:35 AM

Man I hope he can somehow bring this one home. I know its all part of racing but he has been the class of the field all season. I'd love to see that hard work rewarded.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

4/12/2019 9:48 AM

Nesc39 wrote:

His mother messaged me for four days straight on Instagram and sent me about 60 messages in a lunatic rage over a comment I ...more

Screenshots? laughing laughing laughing laughing

|

4/12/2019 9:52 AM

I sprained my knee 3 weeks ago and it's still sore. Sore enough I can't run...I can't even kick start a bike let alone ride one. 3 weeks after a tear seems impossible for how my knee feels these past 3 weeks. I hope he can pull it off though!

|

4/12/2019 10:00 AM

Sleapy wrote:

Am I the only one who doesn't like Forkner? Obviously I hope the guys okay and isn't to seriously hurt, but if he didn't win ...more

Yes, you are the only one.

|

4/12/2019 10:00 AM

Dirty Points wrote:

I tore my acl/meniscus in Nov of 2017. By three weeks later I was moving around decently, although somewhat gingerly.

By Jan ...more

I basically had the same experience- I put off having my ACL repaired and ended up doing even further damage and then my knee lock up when the torn part of the ACL got stuck between the bones. Needless to say I had surgery the next day. Due to this decision to put off the surgery back in the day 80% of my meniscus is gone and I will eventually need a new knee.

Anyways, I think he lines up and wins the title then has it repaired.

|

4/12/2019 10:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2019 10:20 AM

Dirty Points wrote:

By Jan ...more

Brad460 wrote:

I basically had the same experience- I put off having my ACL repaired and ended up doing even further damage and then my knee ...more

FWIW, Both of my parents had their meniscus removed in the 60s prior to arthroscopic surgery/repair using the old cut it out with a scalpel method.

Now both are in their mid 70s, retired with their original arthritic, wonky knees. My father still races moto, and my mother is cycling across Europe right now.

|

4/12/2019 10:29 AM

Nesc39 wrote:

Your post on his Instagram was over the line, hence the 200 or so replies to it

|

Moto Crazy

4/12/2019 10:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2019 10:50 AM

I think he comes back and races the last two races, but Sexton wins the title. It is too bad too, because Forkner won every East coast round.

|

4/12/2019 11:04 AM

Nesc39 wrote:

You mean your stupid idiotic post. Definition of keyboard warrior. Here’s your post about him being “dramatic” Photo

|

4/12/2019 11:06 AM

Dirty Points wrote:

By Jan ...more

Brad460 wrote:

I basically had the same experience- I put off having my ACL repaired and ended up doing even further damage and then my knee ...more

Dirty Points wrote:

FWIW, Both of my parents had their meniscus removed in the 60s prior to arthroscopic surgery/repair using the old cut it out ...more

You have some bad ass parents,good for them! I hope I can be that active if I'm alive at that age.

|

4/12/2019 11:45 AM

Nesc39 wrote:

So you're one of those....

|

“I’m not Swap…”