250/450C class Vs. 250/450 B class

TSCHAM101
Why is there such a huge gap in speed between these 2 classes?
|
romain524
8/4/2021 12:22pm
It’s because you’re only allowed to race C class at Loretta’s if you never been to Loretta’s on minibikes. So it’s like a 1st year class with less experienced racers.
The B class are usually kids that raced at Loretta’s on minibikes in the past, the good classes like supermini, schoolboy1,…so they are better racer. Supermini is a tough class to qualify. There is usually a lot of competition.
JohnnyD13
8/4/2021 4:23pm
Usually the B classes are filled with kids that are too young to go pro. But B and A are a lot closer for that reason
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
8/4/2021 4:47pm Edited Date/Time 8/4/2021 4:50pm
romain524 wrote:
It’s because you’re only allowed to race C class at Loretta’s if you never been to Loretta’s on minibikes. So it’s like a 1st year class...
It’s because you’re only allowed to race C class at Loretta’s if you never been to Loretta’s on minibikes. So it’s like a 1st year class with less experienced racers.
The B class are usually kids that raced at Loretta’s on minibikes in the past, the good classes like supermini, schoolboy1,…so they are better racer. Supermini is a tough class to qualify. There is usually a lot of competition.
I’m not sure if they have changed the rules, but it used to be that you were not allowed to race the C class, if you’ve been racing longer than 2 years. Nothing to do with Lorettas, nor mini bikes. But that could’ve been modified by now, this was in ‘07.
They have not enforced this very well, that’s for sure. But if brought to the attention of AMA, they will send you a letter when someone has brought it to their attention. Usually it’s a couple days before you are getting ready to leave to drive across the country. Sometimes not until you get there.
Don’t ask me how I know this….

But either way, the C class top 10 guys are usually pretty good riders, some slip through the cracks, some get called out. It’s a shity rule that many don’t even know it exists !
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
8/4/2021 4:50pm
JohnnyD13 wrote:
Usually the B classes are filled with kids that are too young to go pro. But B and A are a lot closer for that reason
Did they create an age limit to race the A class ? You can still sight up to race AMA SX or MX at 16, I believe. I haven’t heard of any age minimums for the Amateurs.

The Shop

MotoChris
8/4/2021 5:08pm
romain524 wrote:
It’s because you’re only allowed to race C class at Loretta’s if you never been to Loretta’s on minibikes. So it’s like a 1st year class...
langhammx wrote:
I’m not sure if they have changed the rules, but it used to be that you were not allowed to race the C class, if you’ve...
I’m not sure if they have changed the rules, but it used to be that you were not allowed to race the C class, if you’ve been racing longer than 2 years. Nothing to do with Lorettas, nor mini bikes. But that could’ve been modified by now, this was in ‘07.
They have not enforced this very well, that’s for sure. But if brought to the attention of AMA, they will send you a letter when someone has brought it to their attention. Usually it’s a couple days before you are getting ready to leave to drive across the country. Sometimes not until you get there.

But either way, the C class top 10 guys are usually pretty good riders, some slip through the cracks, some get called out. It’s a shity rule that many don’t even know it exists !
The AMA amended the rule for C class that you were not eligible for the class if you have ever raced LL in any class. They now allow it if you previously raced only the 4-6 class. I would think that if they amended that rule to allow this then they would assume that the Rider had raced more than 2 years between.
ElliotB16
8/4/2021 5:10pm
Jett Lawrence was 15 in A class.

Too much emphasis is put on making Loretta’s for amateurs. Way too many good riders stay back in C class just to race Loretta’s. B class and A class is best of the best.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
8/4/2021 6:21pm
romain524 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
I’m not sure if they have changed the rules, but it used to be that you were not allowed to race the C class, if you’ve...

MotoChris wrote:
The AMA amended the rule for C class that you were not eligible for the class if you have ever raced LL in any class. They...
The AMA amended the rule for C class that you were not eligible for the class if you have ever raced LL in any class. They now allow it if you previously raced only the 4-6 class. I would think that if they amended that rule to allow this then they would assume that the Rider had raced more than 2 years between.
Good to know. I haven’t kept up with any of that stuff…
Tracktor
8/5/2021 12:10pm
romain524 wrote:
langhammx wrote:

Unless you suck the right person off then you can race B for a couple years, ride a 125 All-Stars race then drop down to C class & go to Lorettas like Dakota bender did..........
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
8/5/2021 12:23pm
Tracktor wrote:
Unless you suck the right person off then you can race B for a couple years, ride a 125 All-Stars race then drop down to C...
Unless you suck the right person off then you can race B for a couple years, ride a 125 All-Stars race then drop down to C class & go to Lorettas like Dakota bender did..........
If that’s all real, he’s gotta be on the top of the sandbaggers list !
TSCHAM101
8/5/2021 12:52pm
Tracktor wrote:
Unless you suck the right person off then you can race B for a couple years, ride a 125 All-Stars race then drop down to C...
langhammx wrote:
If that’s all real, he’s gotta be on the top of the sandbaggers list !
He was battling Cancer(if its the kid im thinking of that Rode Hondas last year with Aiden Keefer).. if you want to knock on that kid.. shame on you...

Is there not a better system to come up with?

Its night and day difference in speeds between the 2 classes... or maybe create more classes?

They can almost fit 2 more classes in between C and B classes... look at lap times... I can ride with alot of the Lorettas C class kids, but B class kids (romano, Jett Reynolds, Levi Kitchen) blow the doors off me when im there... i can keep em in sight for about half a lap at Perris.

We cant do any better than that?

Post a reply to: 250/450C class Vs. 250/450 B class

The Latest