25 vs 2 what happened?

8/21/2017 8:22am Edited Date/Time 8/21/2017 8:24am
BobPA wrote:
Funny I only ever hear about his cross jumping and blocking from guys who have never shared a starting gate with him. He mopped the floor...
Funny I only ever hear about his cross jumping and blocking from guys who have never shared a starting gate with him. He mopped the floor with Webb all year, not sure why he even gives him the time of day.
I've heard it from guys who share a gate with him.
Yes me too, from Webb when he got beat by Marvin. Whining like a little bitch about Musquin cross jumping. Thought he was going to start crying on the podium. Then, when he (Webb) won the second moto, he decided that things weren't so bad. Marvin needs to hit Webb right in the mouth once and put him in his place.
jeffro503
8/21/2017 8:55am
Hut wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/08/20/210791/s1200_feelings.jpg[/img]

Haha holy shit! I just spit my coffee up.
8/21/2017 8:58am
BobPA wrote:
Funny I only ever hear about his cross jumping and blocking from guys who have never shared a starting gate with him. He mopped the floor...
Funny I only ever hear about his cross jumping and blocking from guys who have never shared a starting gate with him. He mopped the floor with Webb all year, not sure why he even gives him the time of day.
Yes me too, from Webb when he got beat by Marvin. Whining like a little bitch about Musquin cross jumping. Thought he was going to start...
Yes me too, from Webb when he got beat by Marvin. Whining like a little bitch about Musquin cross jumping. Thought he was going to start crying on the podium. Then, when he (Webb) won the second moto, he decided that things weren't so bad. Marvin needs to hit Webb right in the mouth once and put him in his place.
Yeah, I was actually thinking about this when I first saw this thread. You have to remember that these guys are off the bike for seconds before giving these interviews and that they always seem to see things a bit differently when they win. Had Marvin charged through the field in the second moto and won I doubt he'd have even made mention of Webb.

The Shop

8/21/2017 9:55am
BobPA wrote:
Yes me too, from Webb when he got beat by Marvin. Whining like a little bitch about Musquin cross jumping. Thought he was going to start...
True. They are both whiners except one actually cries.
CalRMX
8/21/2017 10:01am
H4L wrote:
Don't take it personal it's just one persons statement. Who are you to question my statement on this forum ?
So says Mr 160 posts
tcallahan707
8/21/2017 10:04am
Who are you to judge what someone should and shouldn't cry over? I would venture to guess winning races is 2nd on his list behind Mathilde...
Who are you to judge what someone should and shouldn't cry over? I would venture to guess winning races is 2nd on his list behind Mathilde. Those two things are 98% of his world. The dude left everything behind outside of Mathilde in order to try and win races at the highest level. I completely understand why his emotions were through the roof at Southwick. Good for him for having a passion for this sport.

Winning races may not be 2nd on your list, and that's totally fine, but don't judge someone else for being emotionally invested in their dream. Seriously, take a minute and try to put yourself in Marvin's boots.

When did J Mart lose a title he was battling for? And you didn't see Eli cry about it because if I remember correctly, he wasn't on the podium in NJ and went straight to the pits so there was no press conference or interviews. I believe you saw a bit of how he would react in Las Vegas, both pre race and post. Different than Marvin but they are different personalities.
tickleme20 wrote:
This is the most reasonable comment on this post. I was at the race and didn't see what happened, if anything happened at all. But in...
This is the most reasonable comment on this post. I was at the race and didn't see what happened, if anything happened at all. But in addition to the observations here, we also have to consider these guys literally roll RIGHT from the finish line to the podium. Blood and adrenaline is pumping. They literally havent caught their breath before a mic is shoved under their noses.

Marv's second moto was disappointing for him. He pushed hard but didn't make the progress he wanted. So he was upset and wasn't able to calm down enough to deliver the canned soundbites people apparently prefer.

Not to defend what he said, again, I don't know how true it is or isn't. But it helps to see where he comes from.
Trying to see where people are coming from is an increasingly rare ability. We'd all be better off if we took this approach in life. We are all a lot more similar than we are different.

Your podium comments are spot on. People are quick to judge but I can guarantee we would all have a few idiotic soundbites if we were interviewed right after a moto, even at a local race. I know I would and I pride myself on being fairly level headed.
H4L
8/21/2017 6:08pm
CalRMX wrote:
So says Mr 160 posts
Lame...
H4L
8/21/2017 6:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2017 7:11pm
A lot of the top guys get a mic put in front of their face. You get to see the guys who can actually hold their composure & the ones who can't.
CalRMX
8/23/2017 11:50am
CalRMX wrote:
So says Mr 160 posts
H4L wrote:
Lame...
Mr 163 posts

Why are you so special that somebody can't question your posts? Did I miss something?
H4L
8/23/2017 6:09pm
CalRMX wrote:
Mr 163 posts

Why are you so special that somebody can't question your posts? Did I miss something?
Mr 94 posts. I'm not a keyboard warrior if you want to discuss this in person let me know...
tickleme20
8/23/2017 8:33pm
H4L wrote:
A lot of the top guys get a mic put in front of their face. You get to see the guys who can actually hold their...
A lot of the top guys get a mic put in front of their face. You get to see the guys who can actually hold their composure & the ones who can't.
Right, but it's not like he gets that upset after every race. A lot was at stake, he fumbled, so adrenaline and emotions got the best of him.

And it happens even to the best. Remember how Dungey went off about "cheap shots" right after winning the SX championship by a hair in Vegas this past spring? He probably wouldn't have said that if he got even 5-10 minutes to calm down. It wasn't the wisest thing to broadcast to the entire stadium, even if it was true.

Bottom line, everyone's just human.
FI2T
8/23/2017 8:36pm
sgrimmxdad wrote:
To bad we can't see what he was talking about. Every time I start to like Marvin he does some crap like this. He seems to...
To bad we can't see what he was talking about. Every time I start to like Marvin he does some crap like this. He seems to be able to dish it out but not take it. I guess Cooper was supposed to pull over and let him by....
Sideways wrote:
This comment is stupid. I mean really stupid. If no one except MM and Webb knows what happened why the hell are you blaming MM for...
This comment is stupid. I mean really stupid.

If no one except MM and Webb knows what happened why the hell are you blaming MM for being in the wrong. For all we know, webb could have gone kamikaze on MM..
This is kind of the problem with our sport. Nobody knows!
I get it could've been a heat of the moment thing. Maybe it wasn't that big of deal but he said Webb was trying to KILL him.... How can we possibly get to the next round almost and know absolutely nothing?

Other sports thrive on this kind of stuff. MX is missing a good rivalry.
tickleme20
8/23/2017 8:41pm
Trying to see where people are coming from is an increasingly rare ability. We'd all be better off if we took this approach in life. We...
Trying to see where people are coming from is an increasingly rare ability. We'd all be better off if we took this approach in life. We are all a lot more similar than we are different.

Your podium comments are spot on. People are quick to judge but I can guarantee we would all have a few idiotic soundbites if we were interviewed right after a moto, even at a local race. I know I would and I pride myself on being fairly level headed.
Exactly. I don't even really understand why people would rather their favorite athletes be boring robots, anyway. Huh

And it's sad how resistant people are to seeing anything from someone else's point of view, yet they get SO UPSET if you don't see the world from theirs!

H4L
8/23/2017 8:53pm
tickleme20 wrote:
Right, but it's not like he gets that upset after every race. A lot was at stake, he fumbled, so adrenaline and emotions got the best...
Right, but it's not like he gets that upset after every race. A lot was at stake, he fumbled, so adrenaline and emotions got the best of him.

And it happens even to the best. Remember how Dungey went off about "cheap shots" right after winning the SX championship by a hair in Vegas this past spring? He probably wouldn't have said that if he got even 5-10 minutes to calm down. It wasn't the wisest thing to broadcast to the entire stadium, even if it was true.

If you want to keep defending MM25's emotions on the podium carry on. It is what it is.
8/23/2017 9:05pm
tickleme20 wrote:
Right, but it's not like he gets that upset after every race. A lot was at stake, he fumbled, so adrenaline and emotions got the best...

H4L wrote:
If you want to keep defending MM25's emotions on the podium carry on. It is what it is.
JMart and Tomac give a different interview. They are far from robots. Playing the blame game is different and does not get points for originality.
H4L
8/23/2017 9:15pm
JMart and Tomac give a different interview. They are far from robots. Playing the blame game is different and does not get points for originality.
Yup. BB4 also had a lot invested & was leading the points in the series in the beginning of the season. After busting up his thumb he seems to be in good spirits when being interviewed even though the championship is slipping away. He had every reason to get emotional, but hasn't. He has stayed calm since injuring his thumb.
Hut
8/23/2017 9:16pm
H4L wrote:
Yup. BB4 also had a lot invested & was leading the points in the series in the beginning of the season. After busting up his thumb...
Yup. BB4 also had a lot invested & was leading the points in the series in the beginning of the season. After busting up his thumb he seems to be in good spirits when being interviewed even though the championship is slipping away. He had every reason to get emotional, but hasn't. He has stayed calm since injuring his thumb.
Probably a relief to have an excuse after his boastful claims
H4L
8/23/2017 9:19pm
Hut wrote:
Probably a relief to have an excuse after his boastful claims
Could be. He's still within striking distance if Tomac has a mishap going into the last round. May the best man win.
CalRMX
8/23/2017 10:45pm
H4L wrote:
Mr 94 posts. I'm not a keyboard warrior if you want to discuss this in person let me know...
No thanks, not going to meet you at some bar in West Hollywood you frequent
gt80rider
8/24/2017 5:23am
CalRMX wrote:
So says Mr 160 posts
I haven't seen anyone say that for over a decade... Reminds me of the forum wars back in the 90s back when everyone was a noobie on the net...
H4L
8/24/2017 6:02am
CalRMX wrote:
No thanks, not going to meet you at some bar in West Hollywood you frequent
You confirmed what I suspected. Your a spineless troll that hides behind a keyboard & monitor...

This is from your own pie hole...

"I've been banned from posting on thumpertalk till the 17th (2nd time this year), I think I might show some class on my return with an apology for my behaviour, but I don't think I'm ever going back".....

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Apologies-to-the-board-he…

I'm not surprised that you were banned not once, but twice on TT...
8/24/2017 8:26am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
To bad we can't see what he was talking about. Every time I start to like Marvin he does some crap like this. He seems to...
To bad we can't see what he was talking about. Every time I start to like Marvin he does some crap like this. He seems to be able to dish it out but not take it. I guess Cooper was supposed to pull over and let him by....
"Too bad we can't see what he was talking about"

so we can draw conclusions based on whatever we like and call it an opinion on the internet. genius
CalRMX
8/25/2017 11:42am
H4L wrote:
You confirmed what I suspected. Your a spineless troll that hides behind a keyboard & monitor... This is from your own pie hole... "I've been banned...
You confirmed what I suspected. Your a spineless troll that hides behind a keyboard & monitor...

This is from your own pie hole...

"I've been banned from posting on thumpertalk till the 17th (2nd time this year), I think I might show some class on my return with an apology for my behaviour, but I don't think I'm ever going back".....

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Apologies-to-the-board-he…

I'm not surprised that you were banned not once, but twice on TT...
I'm impressed you'd even spend 2 seconds looking at my previous posts, dig a little deeper there's some pictures of me and one of your hairy female relatives somewhere, sister, wife? Can't remember.

Post a reply to: 25 vs 2 what happened?

The Latest