22 yz450s throwing rods?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/18/2022 2:57 PM

Just got a new 2022 yz450 and I’ve been told by multiple people they’ve been throwing rods pretty regularly. Anyone else hear about this?

|

5/18/2022 3:14 PM

No

|

5/18/2022 3:19 PM

Shuffy wrote:

Just got a new 2022 yz450 and I’ve been told by multiple people they’ve been throwing rods pretty regularly. Anyone else hear ...more

I’ve seen one locally and heard of one when it happened to a buddy.

|

5/18/2022 3:21 PM

There 250fs are throwing rods.

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

5/18/2022 3:37 PM

God that shit is so stupid...

|

5/18/2022 3:55 PM

Markee wrote:

Steve?

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

5/18/2022 4:02 PM

Never understood Blowing up bikes

|

5/18/2022 4:14 PM

2021’s did. 2022 heat treatment process on the 450 rod is diff. 22 YZ450 rods are “usually” reliable.

|

5/18/2022 4:25 PM

I don't know about YZ 450 rods but I'm on my 3rd transmission out of two KTM 65s. This is the 2nd time in just under 80hrs on our 2021... "Ready to race!"

Photo

|

5/18/2022 4:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2022 4:34 PM

Motodave15 wrote:

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Main Event Moto ...more

This is like walking Rich Strike over behind the stables after it’s Derby win and putting a bullet in its head for the laughs. So fucking stupid.

I wish I was wealthy enough to own a team because you can bet your ass anyone did this to my equipment they would be fired.

|

5/18/2022 4:37 PM

slipdog wrote:

I don't know about YZ 450 rods but I'm on my 3rd transmission out of two KTM 65s. This is the 2nd time in just under 80hrs on ...more

“Ready to Replace!”

|

5/18/2022 4:54 PM

Jeremy Macduff wrote:

This is like walking Rich Strike over behind the stables after it’s Derby win and putting a bullet in its head for the laughs. ...more

True. This is pretty much the same.

I mean, we all know they completely tear down and rebuild Rich Strike with all new components every 5 hours like a factory race motor.

|

5/18/2022 5:11 PM

Motodave15 wrote:

Jeremy Macduff wrote:

This is like walking Rich Strike over behind the stables after it’s Derby win and putting a bullet in its head for the laughs. ...more

Dirty Points wrote:

I mean, we all know they completely tear down and rebuild Rich Strike with all new ...more

I would assume that motor is getting crushed anyway, right? So why not?

|

5/18/2022 6:31 PM

2020 YZ450. My rod went around 36 hours.
Slow Pro speed.
Don't change oil every ride, but not negligent either.

|

5/18/2022 7:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2022 7:33 PM

davis224 wrote:

My father taught me to respect tools and machinery and to treat them with the care and dignity they deserve.

That machine won a championship. It should be respected. This is the polar opposite of that.

For once I would love to see a championship winning pro give his winning bike a hug and a kiss and then walk the bike into his house and leave it on permanent display for eternity.

Championship winning bikes are never ridden again. They should be memorialized from their final moment of competition.

It's an attitude thing. What I see when assholes purposefully blow up their bike is a lack of respect for the machine that helped them win a championship.

|

5/18/2022 8:05 PM

Shuffy wrote:

Just got a new 2022 yz450 and I’ve been told by multiple people they’ve been throwing rods pretty regularly. Anyone else hear ...more

You must’ve misheard. What they’re actually saying is you get a throbbing rod after riding one.

|

5/18/2022 9:49 PM

Shuffy wrote:

WhatsStoppingU wrote:

You must’ve misheard. What they’re actually saying is you get a throbbing rod after riding one.

Or they actually said you’ll be throwing your rod around after riding one. Chicks dig YZ450s laughing

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

Thanks to : Factory Effex, Simi Valley Cycles, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, Mika Metals

5/18/2022 9:55 PM

Motodave15 wrote:

That was a water pump failure not a rod on their 250

|

5/18/2022 10:18 PM

At what point is the bike they "won the championship with" the same bike they started the season with? After a new frame? New cases? Replacing the clutch ok? I'm confused

|

5/18/2022 11:36 PM

zehn wrote:

At what point is the bike they "won the championship with" the same bike they started the season with? After a new frame? New ...more

‘Trigger’s broom’.

(You won’t understand, it’s a British culture thing that we’ll never stop laughing about!)

|

A grown-up who will NEVER down-vote you, no matter what you say.

Go on- show the world you're a powerful S.O.B and hit that downvote button! You're such a badass! :-)

5/18/2022 11:58 PM

zehn wrote:

At what point is the bike they "won the championship with" the same bike they started the season with? After a new frame? New ...more

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

‘Trigger’s broom’.

(You won’t understand, it’s a British culture thing that we’ll never stop laughing about!)

It's exactly what I thought about when reading Zehns post.

|

5/19/2022 12:08 AM

Motodave15 wrote:

watson90 wrote:

That was a water pump failure not a rod on their 250

Definitely an electrical problem

|

5/19/2022 12:48 AM

zehn wrote:

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

‘Trigger’s broom’.

Grandads Axe?

|

5/19/2022 3:39 AM

Dirty Points wrote:

I mean, we all know they completely tear down and rebuild Rich Strike with all new ...more

davis224 wrote:

Jeremy Macduff wrote:

My father taught me to respect tools and machinery and to treat them with the care and dignity they deserve.

That machine ...more

I would probably do what you described, if they would let me keep the bike. (Not many get to keep their bike as far as I know)

But it's the team's bike, and if that's the way they choose to celebrate, who are we to say otherwise? If that brought them more joy, more power to them.

|

5/19/2022 4:12 AM

Jeremy Macduff wrote:

That machine ...more

I don't really care either way, but at the Honda championship afterparty Jett wasn't keen on it at all, and was even getting a bit pissed at his dad who wanted to.

|

5/19/2022 8:20 AM

Dirty Points wrote:

davis224 wrote:

Jeremy Macduff wrote:

That machine ...more

Championship-winning machines do not belong to the rider; they belong to the factory. Many times they are crushed and in rare cases, they get parted out by the mechanic. It's very likely somebody's friend is going to end up with some basic parts that were once part of Christian Craig's championship-winning YZ250F. (Just not any motor or trick suspension parts. You might find a "works" handlebar or clutch perch that came from a vendor on Joe Blow, friend of a friend of the mechanic's bike.)
I know Yamaha donated Jimmy Button's YZ426 to him as a display piece. They gave him one caveat: do not ever ride it.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

5/19/2022 8:28 AM

Markee wrote:

I used to think that blowing up championship bikes was the dumbest thing in moto until I saw the practice of sucking down champagne laced exhaust.

|

5/19/2022 8:30 AM

slipdog wrote:

I don't know about YZ 450 rods but I'm on my 3rd transmission out of two KTM 65s. This is the 2nd time in just under 80hrs on ...more

What brand of gear oil are you using?

|

5/19/2022 9:17 AM

slipdog wrote:

Damn! But looks similar to lots of yz250 gears pinch

|

5/19/2022 9:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2022 9:30 AM

limepandanz wrote:

I don't really care either way, but at the Honda championship afterparty Jett wasn't keen on it at all, and was even getting a ...more

That sure as hell wasn't the case at Hangtown last year. The Hunter boys came back into the pits in the evening, drifting their Challenger SRTs, and then abused some motors. Looked like a fun time was had by all.

I never abuse my stuff, but it's my money and it's not unlimited.

|