21 yz250f

Related:
Create New Tag

8/31/2020 10:26 PM

Anybody hear anything from someone whose got their hands on one yet? Haven’t seen or heard anything.. look to have some good changes for 21 curious how they will stack up!

|

9/1/2020 2:38 AM

They're not in dealers yet, the distributors are saying later in September for delivery to dealers.

|

9/1/2020 2:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2020 2:11 PM

If you don't have a deposit you will most likely not get one until after the New Year. They are going to be scarce for a while thanks to Covid and everyone I have talked to is asking full retail or close to it.

If it's a shootout winner they will be even harder to find!

|

9/12/2020 3:03 AM

First of the media tests seem to be happening or about to happen. I think these bikes are going to be in very high demand. Some great improvements on paper over the 20.

|

November 13th, Forever in our memories !!

9/12/2020 6:10 AM

They have launched for the Aussie's. Not a huge fan of their testing because it's WWE style. Seems like the new frame is a winner and they found some more over-rev, firmed the suspenders a bit.

|

9/12/2020 7:14 AM

LKHill wrote:

They have launched for the Aussie's. Not a huge fan of their testing because it's WWE style. Seems like the new frame is a ...more

Do you have a link for the review ? Thx

Keefer or ML, if you come by, what’s the date for the first ride review of the new 250 yami ?

|

9/12/2020 7:28 AM

Baton Rouge wrote:

Keefer or ML, if you come by, what’s the date for the first ride review of the new ...more

This is the test MotoHead did. Test was in Germany.

|

9/12/2020 11:59 AM

SwapperMX wrote:

Thanks for the link ! Man i’m really torn between 250 KX or YZF 2021 ! Can’t wait for the shootout, it will be the deciding factor for me as i can’t try them both.

Here is the resume of the first impressions of the journalist on the video for the new 250 yamaha:

- “ Mid to Top seems to stretch out a lot more.
- Unlike the 2020 it doesn’t sign off too early.
- Improved balance and stability

Overall after 5 sessions, massive improvements compared to the previous one (power and handling) “

So if this guy is true, this bike seems really improved.

|

9/12/2020 12:42 PM

Sexy looking bike!

|

9/12/2020 4:46 PM

I'd go kx and you won't have that annoying as fuck intake sound but I have a 19 kx450 so a little biased

|

9/12/2020 5:42 PM

MX558 wrote:

I'd go kx and you won't have that annoying as fuck intake sound but I have a 19 kx450 so a little biased

I noticed the sound for about half a lap I think

|

9/12/2020 6:11 PM

Yeah I had 2 yz450s but now after 2 years on a regular bike whenever I ride a yz it's irritating as hell

|

9/12/2020 9:05 PM

Baton Rouge wrote:

Keefer or ML, if you come by, what’s the date for the first ride review of the new ...more

SwapperMX wrote:

Baton Rouge wrote:

Thanks for the link ! Man i’m really torn between 250 KX or YZF 2021 ! Can’t wait for the shootout, it will be the deciding ...more

Hard to say, but the bikes they were riding in this test appeared to have the GYTR head and other GYTR goodies. If that's the case, not sure if it is a true representation of the stock bike that will be sold. Perhaps difference EU to USA?

|

Powerband in every gear !

9/12/2020 10:19 PM

SwapperMX wrote:

Baton Rouge wrote:

Thanks for the link ! Man i’m really torn between 250 KX or YZF 2021 ! Can’t wait for the shootout, it will be the deciding ...more

FGR01 wrote:

Hard to say, but the bikes they were riding in this test appeared to have the GYTR head and other GYTR goodies. If that's the ...more

There were 2 GYTR bikes on display at the end of the line for photos it seemed. The bikes they were riding and talking about were standard production '21s. Should be awesome if it is better than my '19.

|

9/14/2020 4:01 AM

Hi, Would anyone know if 2020 and this new 2021 model have same exhaust system? I want to buy an exhaust system to put on straight away before riding 2021 bike

|

9/14/2020 6:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2020 6:34 AM

snape99 wrote:

Hi, Would anyone know if 2020 and this new 2021 model have same exhaust system? I want to buy an exhaust system to put on ...more

Looking at part numbers, the header pipes are the same, and the muffler goes to a -20-00 from a -10-00, so likely minimal changes to the muffler from the 2020 model. So in my experience I would be confident in saying that a 2020 exhaust will fit the new bike.

|

9/14/2020 7:08 AM

snape99 wrote:

Hi, Would anyone know if 2020 and this new 2021 model have same exhaust system? I want to buy an exhaust system to put on ...more

SwapperMX wrote:

Looking at part numbers, the header pipes are the same, and the muffler goes to a -20-00 from a -10-00, so likely minimal ...more

Ok cheers mate for reply. Looking at akropovic Ti system for it.

|

9/14/2020 7:08 AM

snape99 wrote:

SwapperMX wrote:

Looking at part numbers, the header pipes are the same, and the muffler goes to a -20-00 from a -10-00, so likely minimal ...more

That is a lot of cabbage to lay out to gamble on if the muffler mounts the same. Maybe get it right from the horses mouth (mfg) first.

|

9/14/2020 7:22 AM

snape99 wrote:

SwapperMX wrote:

LKHill wrote:

That is a lot of cabbage to lay out to gamble on if the muffler mounts the same. Maybe get it right from the horses mouth ...more

Yeah true, I am looking for the part numbers now, they weren’t available a few days back.

|

9/14/2020 7:34 AM

LKHill wrote:

That is a lot of cabbage to lay out to gamble on if the muffler mounts the same. Maybe get it right from the horses mouth ...more

I worked for Yamaha for 10 years. If the exhaust mounted differently there would be a significant change to the part number. With just the two digits changing that indicates a change, but something small. And you likely won't get a straight answer out of Yamaha anyway, especially until the bikes get here, and even then it can be difficult unless you know somebody.

|

9/14/2020 8:01 AM

SwapperMX wrote:

I worked for Yamaha for 10 years. If the exhaust mounted differently there would be a significant change to the part number. ...more

I was speaking to him contacting the exhaust mfg directly.

|

9/14/2020 8:42 AM

LKHill wrote:

SwapperMX wrote:

I worked for Yamaha for 10 years. If the exhaust mounted differently there would be a significant change to the part number. ...more

LKHill wrote:

With different cams and head specs why would you even want an exhaust designed around the older engine?

Stock will likely work better than an exhaust developed for the older specs.

|

9/14/2020 8:46 AM

SwapperMX wrote:

LKHill wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

With different cams and head specs why would you even want an exhaust designed around the older engine?

Stock will likely ...more

Good call . I didn’t really think about that.
I’ll wait for them to release a system design for 21 model.
Cheers

|

9/14/2020 9:03 AM

LKHill wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

snape99 wrote:

Cheers

I would just run the stock exhaust, it works great and is free with the bike!

|

9/14/2020 9:40 AM

Timo_2824 wrote:

It works great for about 10 hours, then it starts to sound insane.

|

9/14/2020 10:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2020 10:10 AM

yz133rider wrote:

That not how a 4 stoke exhaust works. A 2 stroke is another story. The man already said the headpipe was the same. The only change is the shorter muffler that likely contributes to the increased over-rev of the '21. IF the mounts are the same my guess is the aftermarket will remain unchanged for '21

|

9/14/2020 5:52 PM

snape99 wrote:

Cheers

Timo_2824 wrote:

sandtrack315 wrote:

It works great for about 10 hours, then it starts to sound insane.

Mine sounds just fine at 50 hours, but I did add a sparkarrestor so maybe it helps.

|

9/22/2020 1:57 AM

|

9/22/2020 2:33 AM

|

9/22/2020 6:08 AM

Watching these video's I can't help but notice the engine character does not appear to look or sound changed significantly. Kind of like the new CRF450R, a better version of YZ250F but no change in pecking order. Still looks like it flattens out on top.

|