21 crf 450 has anyone have the Dan Crower cam ?

Bogett287
I have a 21 crf 450 honda and would like to know of anyone has a Dan Crower cam. I don’t like how the new bike signs off to early doesn’t seem to rev out like my 18. I have a remapped vortex from twisted devolpement and it helped hit just not what I like . So I’m curious if anyone had tried Dan’s came he said more top end . Would like to get little info on this thank you
|
Ryan625
4/4/2021 4:35pm
I don't know about the new 450, but Crower knows how to build a motor. We used to have him build my mod bikes for amateur nationals and they ripped! I had an 08 CRF250 that I holeshot the kids on PC rides with more than once
RCMXracing
4/4/2021 5:07pm
Bogett287 wrote:
I have a 21 crf 450 honda and would like to know of anyone has a Dan Crower cam. I don’t like how the new bike...
I have a 21 crf 450 honda and would like to know of anyone has a Dan Crower cam. I don’t like how the new bike signs off to early doesn’t seem to rev out like my 18. I have a remapped vortex from twisted devolpement and it helped hit just not what I like . So I’m curious if anyone had tried Dan’s came he said more top end . Would like to get little info on this thank you
Following... What exhaust are you running? Two things I did to mine is the Yosh exhaust and running the mellower #2 map, pulls further IMHO. (I’m also up a tooth in the rear because 2nd to 3rd is gappy, so would pull on top better w/stock gearing)

If you’ve already gone the Vortex route you clearly know what you are after. For me, this engine is the best 450 engine I’ve ever ridden, so interesting you’re looking for more top. Running tighter arena type tracks where you need to stay in second?
Bogett287
4/4/2021 5:27pm
Ye so have the vortex it helped but it seems to sign off way to early . I do have the full yoshi the tracks we ride I could always run 3rd gear everywhere with 13/49 gearing on my 2018 crf 450. I don’t understand how same bikes can be that different on top . Or it’s how they designed the head not sure
Meister
4/4/2021 6:27pm
I like high rpms and have been very happy with my tdr Motorsports map 3. However, just yesterday I felt that in between feeling for the first time. It was a double double wall section and after the wall you could triple (very easily) or quad, but the quad was another 40' or so.. the wall was big so it killed all momentum. I felt like 2nd signed off to much to wing it in 2nd but I felt like I couldn't get to where I needed to be after the wall to stay in 3rd. Wasn't comfortable going for a quick shift in the short distance, so I never jumped the quad (I'm washed up and didn't really care of need to hit it anyway lol).. I'm 1 up in the rear for the record..

Rcmx, me and map 2 dont get along. It kills the bottom I crave. It's very clean but for me it wasn't fitting.

The Shop

Kris Keefer
4/4/2021 7:58pm
You can always ask Jamie to remap your ECU for more top end pulling power. You should have ten pre-programmed maps on your ECU. This would be the cheapest/most reliable way for more top. 👍🏻
Bogett287
4/4/2021 8:14pm
Yes I asked for more top end and explained it signed off way to quick. They remapped it somewhat better burn or what I want . That’s why I guess cam is next way to go . Hard to Believe have to do a cam to add more top end .
Meister
4/6/2021 5:56pm
A little off topic, but if any one is looking for a crf, j&j cycles in massillon ohio has a 22 on the floor. Ask for jesse. I have no real affiliation with the store but I do know jesse and he's a good dude.

Post a reply to: 21 crf 450 has anyone have the Dan Crower cam ?

The Latest