21 Gas Gas Release

Edited Date/Time 1/19/2021 10:39am
Any word on when they will hit the showroom? Can we expect a MC350 also?
|
agn5009
8/3/2020 6:28pm
I don't know the answers to your questions but that is such a nice looking bike.
bvm111
8/3/2020 6:37pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2020 6:37pm
i dig the silver rims!
aeffertz
8/3/2020 6:48pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2020 6:48pm
Hypothetically if KTM made a bike of every color, would you guys even care? I admire them sinking money into the sport but I don't understand the overwhelming 'want' for a 2021 GasGas when it will be identical to a KTM. It just kinda starts to scream NASCAR when there's an entire field of bikes with different names but they're the same bike.

People are saying they "can't wait for the new GasGas bikes" knowing they could have a GasGas right now with Orange plastic. So are people buying things without caring about the performance and just buying things for looks and clout? I thought that was frowned upon here?

The Shop

stillwelding
8/3/2020 7:12pm
aeffertz wrote:
Hypothetically if KTM made a bike of every color, would you guys even care? I admire them sinking money into the sport but I don't understand...
Hypothetically if KTM made a bike of every color, would you guys even care? I admire them sinking money into the sport but I don't understand the overwhelming 'want' for a 2021 GasGas when it will be identical to a KTM. It just kinda starts to scream NASCAR when there's an entire field of bikes with different names but they're the same bike.

People are saying they "can't wait for the new GasGas bikes" knowing they could have a GasGas right now with Orange plastic. So are people buying things without caring about the performance and just buying things for looks and clout? I thought that was frowned upon here?
It’s NASCAR already. A few guys who win, others.....? I’m waiting for CZ, Maico, Bultaco, Ossa, Montesa, etc. Maybe I can make body kits and stickers kits to convert KTzm’s. 👍
Johnny Ringo
8/3/2020 7:19pm
aeffertz wrote:
Hypothetically if KTM made a bike of every color, would you guys even care? I admire them sinking money into the sport but I don't understand...

I’m with you. Prepare for the downvotes haha.

aeffertz
8/3/2020 7:32pm
aeffertz wrote:

I don't care about downvotes. I just wish the people's feelings I hurt would respond with their reasoning but I understand it's easier to say "fuck you" than to debate.

I only say this because there's an overwhelming "I can't wait for the new GasGas" but we all know it's just an appearance thing for now. I try to just point out the hypocrisy.
chasetwo79
8/3/2020 7:36pm
If all the bikes they go to market with are still ahead of the Japanese bike with most aspects of technology, why does it matter how many they release? It’s still another bike that’s doing things the Japanese manufactures will do in 2-3 years down the line. Be glad that KTM group advanced bike tech the last 10-15 years, even if you choose to ride a Japanese bike because everyone is benefiting off the massive amount of R&D and money they are dumping into the sport.
Johnny Ringo
8/3/2020 7:37pm
aeffertz wrote:

aeffertz wrote:
I don't care about downvotes. I just wish the people's feelings I hurt would respond with their reasoning but I understand it's easier to say "fuck...
I don't care about downvotes. I just wish the people's feelings I hurt would respond with their reasoning but I understand it's easier to say "fuck you" than to debate.

I only say this because there's an overwhelming "I can't wait for the new GasGas" but we all know it's just an appearance thing for now. I try to just point out the hypocrisy.
It’s like reasoning with the Rajneesh. Hard to sway them from their leader.
agn5009
8/3/2020 7:38pm
aeffertz wrote:

aeffertz wrote:
I don't care about downvotes. I just wish the people's feelings I hurt would respond with their reasoning but I understand it's easier to say "fuck...

Whats hypocritical about it? You do realize that just because you saw a few people post certain things it doesn't mean thats how the majority feels, right? I swear guys around here read a few opinions made by a few people and all of a sudden that means thats how most feel.
agn5009
8/3/2020 7:41pm
aeffertz wrote:

I buy them because they're the best bikes made for what I do. Try finding a bike from any other manufacturer (minus maybe sherco and beta) who offer a great offroad/extreme Enduro bike. The KTM/Husky is literally the only bike made that I can go race the Tenessee knockout this weekend and ride moto next with a few adjustments.
aeffertz
8/3/2020 7:45pm
Most of my comments are made referencing the VMX public opinion. Of course there will be people that disagree and agree. If my comment has 90% downvotes I will try to explain or defend myself a little bit in that thread.
kiwifan
8/3/2020 8:13pm
aeffertz wrote:

I do agree, I do wonder what the difference is between a KTM (and a Husky) compared to the Gas GAS MC range....aside from graphics/colours Note: yes I know the KTM and Husky are slightly different but basically come from the same base.

I also wonder what the pricing will be (if it has been stated, I have missed it).

It is a interesting question too, so what if Montessa (owned by Honda) made a Cota 450R based on the CRF450R with just banging graphics + colours and maybe a few settings differences, what would that do?
endurox
8/3/2020 8:58pm
I would buy another GG again just because of the silver rims.
RalphS
8/3/2020 9:36pm
aeffertz wrote:

It's like buying different color sets of the same gear dude, it feels different. Plus you're not on the well-known, almighty boring-name KTM that everyone has, you're on a Gas gas which is new, different and more fun despite being the same. It's about sensation, identity and style, adding something different. The same shit when riding tho.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
8/3/2020 10:08pm
aeffertz wrote:

kiwifan wrote:
I do agree, I do wonder what the difference is between a KTM (and a Husky) compared to the Gas GAS MC range....aside from graphics/colours Note...
I do agree, I do wonder what the difference is between a KTM (and a Husky) compared to the Gas GAS MC range....aside from graphics/colours Note: yes I know the KTM and Husky are slightly different but basically come from the same base.

I also wonder what the pricing will be (if it has been stated, I have missed it).

It is a interesting question too, so what if Montessa (owned by Honda) made a Cota 450R based on the CRF450R with just banging graphics + colours and maybe a few settings differences, what would that do?
Pricing-
GasGas will be cheaper than KTM and of course Husky, which is already more expensive than KTM.
chasetwo79
8/3/2020 10:13pm
aeffertz wrote:

kiwifan wrote:
I do agree, I do wonder what the difference is between a KTM (and a Husky) compared to the Gas GAS MC range....aside from graphics/colours Note...

I’m sure it’d be a good thing as long as they pay Contingency for that brand the same way KTM group pays for both Husky and KTM and I’m sure will for GG. Also if they provide new teams and rider slots at the highest levels, I can’t see how more brands pumping more money in sponsorship and contingency could be a bad thing at all.

We could probably argue about diminishing returns at some point but I don’t think we’re there yet. I also thInk most people are weary about new brands because the average rider is super brand loyal. Only a small amount of riders routinely bounce around brands from year to year. You find what you like, you stick with it. There’s plenty of good bikes out there (yes, even the RMs, in before the comments), people should be open to trying and riding more.

Plus the red and silver does look pretty sick and that’s not a stock option currently so even if it’s the same platform by and large, you still have a new aesthetic option to choose from. More options equals win for the rider.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
8/4/2020 12:18am
Why no airbox vents? The vents look horrible with numbers. Did they just run the solid plate for pics or did they actually sort something out?
Snapper
8/4/2020 1:56am
Why no airbox vents? The vents look horrible with numbers. Did they just run the solid plate for pics or did they actually sort something out?
No vents on Glenn's bike from the race last weekend. I don't think factory KTM use vents either, it's probably cause every normal consumer drills them out so they decided to make a nicer/cleaner option.
Ray_MXS
8/4/2020 2:21am
aeffertz wrote:

I would buy one. Its a way better looking KTM thats also cheaper. Husky took a step back with their look last update IMO and KTM hasnt gotten prettier. Since they are almost the same bike, looks are all that we looking for here and Gas Gas is by far the best looking KTM.

If I wanted to change my KTM to look like this I would not only have to get a hold of the Gas Gas plastics, wouldnt I have to also change the tank, airbox and possibly subframe?

Easier and cheaper just to buy a Gas Gas.

KTM is great, but the orange and the white one has been a bit fugly lately so I´m excited to see a real beauty.

If they were all the exact same, plastics and everything, I would agree with you. But they arent.

There´s also some slight difference in handling at least between the Husky and the KTM and people usually prefers one or the other. Maybe its the same here.

In 2020/2021 all bikes are very good so a lot of the time its a matter of preference, looks and price.
MZ193
8/4/2020 2:27am
To be honest it will be different to the ktm.
The husqy is different from the ktm.
I better like the feeling/handling of the husqy over the ktm.
The gasgas will be different in some way.
navalseabee
8/4/2020 2:35am
If your bitching about more brands and more options god help you.
Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
8/4/2020 3:01am
aeffertz wrote:

Yes, the GasGas will be a red KTM. But I think at the end of the day, it comes down to looks of the bike, price and just overall, a new brand. I personally like the look of the 21 GasGas more than the KTM.
agn5009
8/4/2020 3:31am
aeffertz wrote:

RalphS wrote:
It's like buying different color sets of the same gear dude, it feels different. Plus you're not on the well-known, almighty boring-name KTM that everyone has...
It's like buying different color sets of the same gear dude, it feels different. Plus you're not on the well-known, almighty boring-name KTM that everyone has, you're on a Gas gas which is new, different and more fun despite being the same. It's about sensation, identity and style, adding something different. The same shit when riding tho.
Yep. No one would ever complain when Shoei releases the same helmet in 10 different colors. Why can't KTM release essentially the same bike in 10 different colors? If people buy them and they make money, that's all that matters.
Sc2
8/4/2020 4:09am
Looks v nice , but am surprised for the love of silver rims , am I in the minority that thinks black rims would look much better
Johnny Ringo
8/4/2020 4:25am Edited Date/Time 8/4/2020 4:27am
aeffertz wrote:

RalphS wrote:
It's like buying different color sets of the same gear dude, it feels different. Plus you're not on the well-known, almighty boring-name KTM that everyone has...
agn5009 wrote:
Yep. No one would ever complain when Shoei releases the same helmet in 10 different colors. Why can't KTM release essentially the same bike in 10...
Yep. No one would ever complain when Shoei releases the same helmet in 10 different colors. Why can't KTM release essentially the same bike in 10 different colors? If people buy them and they make money, that's all that matters.
Because shoei isn’t calling it a different brand name and pretending it’s totally different than a regular shoei.

I’d be ok if KTM just called it “the red edition” but don’t piss on me and tell me it’s raining.
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
8/4/2020 4:42am
RalphS wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Yep. No one would ever complain when Shoei releases the same helmet in 10 different colors. Why can't KTM release essentially the same bike in 10...
Because shoei isn’t calling it a different brand name and pretending it’s totally different than a regular shoei. I’d be ok if KTM just called it...
Because shoei isn’t calling it a different brand name and pretending it’s totally different than a regular shoei.

I’d be ok if KTM just called it “the red edition” but don’t piss on me and tell me it’s raining.
Luxottica owns or controls 80% of the sunglasses market. It’s a somewhat similar situation.

General Motors and the Chevrolet/GMC thing.

Dodge/Chrysler/(formerly)Plymouth is the same thing as well.
yz133rider
8/4/2020 5:00am
RalphS wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Because shoei isn’t calling it a different brand name and pretending it’s totally different than a regular shoei. I’d be ok if KTM just called it...

Honda - Acura
Toyota - Lexus
Nissan - Infiniti
Fiat - Ferrari, Alfa, Maserati
Gm - Chevy GMC

Many dozens other examples.

I love what ktm is doing compared to let’s say Yamaha with a 15 year old 2 stroke for $7500 with an engine from 1999.

Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
8/4/2020 5:19am
I am personally looking forward to the 21 Husaberg release... ohhhh...

Post a reply to: 21 Gas Gas Release

The Latest