2023 KTM models?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/24/2021 4:34 AM

Just seen these images pop up courtesy of LivingFortheWeekend.
Photo

Photo

What do you think?

|

6/24/2021 4:46 AM

Fucking ugly personally

|

6/24/2021 4:48 AM

Looks like KTM's finally have some proper sized air vents for letting the engine breathe freely

|

6/24/2021 4:56 AM

I had read/heard that the current WP Pro components aren't expected to work with the new bike. I'm curious what could be so different. I was going to buy a 22 with Cone Valves and Trax but am holding off until I can confirm that. I will be buying a 23 for sure and don't want to have components I cannot transfer over.

|

Shout out to: Fly Racing, X Brand Goggles, Kenda Tire, Nuetech Nitromousse, ProTune Suspension, Motool, Sunstar Sprockets, and Rehmerts Kawasaki KTM

Instagram: WoodsRacer126

6/24/2021 4:56 AM

luke11 wrote:

Fucking ugly personally

Have to agree, plastic looks like pointier version of the husky but uglier. Wonder if there's any new tech coming

|

6/24/2021 5:28 AM

Is it just me or the radiator shroud...

Photo

Also, side number plate are uglier than ever IMO. Exhaust side is 🤢

|

6/24/2021 5:35 AM

If they make that bike smaller than it already is, im out after 8 years of new KTM. Has to be a freaking midget to race it.

|

6/24/2021 5:41 AM

aees wrote:

If they make that bike smaller than it already is, im out after 8 years of new KTM. Has to be a freaking midget to race it.

Horses for courses, as they say. Some people want their bike to feel like a four-door SUV, and others (like me, for example), want it to feel like a sports car.

|

6/24/2021 5:47 AM

WDSRCR wrote:

I had read/heard that the current WP Pro components aren't expected to work with the new bike. I'm curious what could be so ...more

The forks will transfer over but the shock will not.

|

6/24/2021 5:49 AM

Wish we could see the shock

|

6/24/2021 6:37 AM

WDSRCR wrote:

I had read/heard that the current WP Pro components aren't expected to work with the new bike. I'm curious what could be so ...more

Could just be that they are shortening them, like Husky. I know a guy that had a Cone-valve/Trax set-up on his 18.5 RE and it wouldn't work on the 21 450 (supposedly.) So just throwing that out as a possibility?

|

6/24/2021 6:58 AM

I believe that large bulge in the pipe is a sign from God that we should all go back to 2-strokes.

|

6/24/2021 7:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2021 7:21 AM

Fouled Plug wrote:

I believe that large bulge in the pipe is a sign from God that we should all go back to 2-strokes.

+1. 22’ GasGas MC250 2stroke on its way

|

Current rides-
1988 RM250
2019 KX450

6/24/2021 7:23 AM

First pic is ugly, second looks ok. Needs graphics and what not before fully judging the looks

|

6/24/2021 7:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2021 3:00 PM

aees wrote:

Silas444 wrote:

Horses for courses, as they say. Some people want their bike to feel like a four-door SUV, and others (like me, for example), ...more

The new bike seems to fit Kurt Nicol just fine…& he’s not a small guy.

Also, the new shock looks entirely different. The forks “look” like the current fork; but, I don’t know if they’re dimensionally the same.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

6/24/2021 7:30 AM

It looks smaller then the current bikes , I never understood having super pointy radiator shrouds I feel like the could cut you pretty good in a crash , and I noticed either its a bolt or a button at the front of the seat.

|

6/24/2021 7:35 AM

Is the clutch-perch Watch/Heart Monitor a standard feature?
grin

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

6/24/2021 7:39 AM

aees wrote:

😂Are you 7 feet tall?

|

6/24/2021 7:44 AM

Fouled Plug wrote:

Superdave19 wrote:

+1. 22’ GasGas MC250 2stroke on its way

Great choice!

|

6/24/2021 7:52 AM

Remember when bikes had number plates? Back in the 80s/90s we used 8" numbers...lol

|

6/24/2021 8:15 AM

Maybe more upright cyl/head?
Wonder what cc that is....low valve train as on the bigger bikes

|

6/24/2021 8:16 AM

yamaha450mx wrote:

It looks smaller then the current bikes , I never understood having super pointy radiator shrouds I feel like the could cut ...more

I noticed that bolt also. It may slide forward like the Honda to remove it.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

6/24/2021 8:27 AM

The text on the crossbar pad reads "cry" in German. Maybe in context it means "describe" or "tell all." Don't hold back criticisms, in other words.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

6/24/2021 8:55 AM

Falcon wrote:

The text on the crossbar pad reads "cry" in German. Maybe in context it means "describe" or "tell all." Don't hold back ...more

i just assumed it was this guy; who seems to work closely with KTM...

https://www.facebook.com/Hanson112/
https://www.facebook.com/hanson.schruf

|

6/24/2021 9:07 AM

aees wrote:

Silas444 wrote:

Horses for courses, as they say. Some people want their bike to feel like a four-door SUV, and others (like me, for example), ...more

TeamGreen wrote:

Also, the new shock looks entirely different. The ...more

Let's assume that means you have seen Kurt on the proto's?

|

6/24/2021 9:25 AM

Silas444 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Also, the new shock looks entirely different. The ...more

Johnny Depp wrote:

Let's assume that means you have seen Kurt on the proto's?

Yup

They've got plenty of hours testing with him and playing w/ chassis set-up (Suspension)/chassis feel/motor mts and the like.

|

6/24/2021 9:38 AM

That bike is going to look great with graphics. Will the husky be an all new design in '23 as well?

|

6/24/2021 9:40 AM

JMX82 wrote:

Looks like KTM's finally have some proper sized air vents for letting the engine breathe freely

...And looks like a workable hand hold.

|

6/24/2021 9:41 AM

Black Diesel Bomber wrote:

That bike is going to look great with graphics. Will the husky be an all new design in '23 as well?

Sure, as in the past, likely Gas Gas too.

|

6/24/2021 9:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2021 9:48 AM

Black Diesel Bomber wrote:

Johnny Depp wrote:

Sure, as in the past, likely Gas Gas too.

I could see where they could have had a production pipeline that pushed previous model parts and tooling to the cheaper Gas Gas, but given their production shortages for 20/21, that probably wouldn't be a workable business model for this cycle.

|