2023 KTM 350 SX-F

adams189
Edited Date/Time 11/27/2022 10:25am
Anyone in California receive theirs yet, or know when they will be in dealerships?
|
Ryan625
6/24/2022 11:35pm
Try again closer to thanksgiving
adams189
6/25/2022 8:21am
Dang. I thought I was originally told the first ones would be here in June. I know my local dealer has a 250 SX-F on the floor already.
JF953
6/25/2022 8:56am
adams189 wrote:
Dang. I thought I was originally told the first ones would be here in June. I know my local dealer has a 250 SX-F on the...
Dang. I thought I was originally told the first ones would be here in June. I know my local dealer has a 250 SX-F on the floor already.
Some dealers already have them.

The Shop

JkopMx
6/26/2022 9:44am
350s are arriving here in TX. should have ours picked up this week. Excited to ride it and give some reviews out to the curious minds!
adams189
6/26/2022 1:38pm
JkopMx wrote:
350s are arriving here in TX. should have ours picked up this week. Excited to ride it and give some reviews out to the curious minds!
Waiting (not so patiently) on mine in SoCal. Was told June but looks like maybe July now. One dealership told me KTM shipped them without some parts but that doesn’t make any since to me. Who knows. Hope you get yours this week.
MXBen711
6/26/2022 1:45pm
JkopMx wrote:
adams189 wrote:
Waiting (not so patiently) on mine in SoCal. Was told June but looks like maybe July now. One dealership told me KTM shipped them without some...
Waiting (not so patiently) on mine in SoCal. Was told June but looks like maybe July now. One dealership told me KTM shipped them without some parts but that doesn’t make any since to me. Who knows. Hope you get yours this week.
I heard they’ve been shipping them without footpegs. The ones I’ve seen for sale in the U.K. all have raptor pegs as they got no stock ones
adams189
6/26/2022 1:58pm
JkopMx wrote:
adams189 wrote:
Waiting (not so patiently) on mine in SoCal. Was told June but looks like maybe July now. One dealership told me KTM shipped them without some...
MXBen711 wrote:
I heard they’ve been shipping them without footpegs. The ones I’ve seen for sale in the U.K. all have raptor pegs as they got no stock...
I heard they’ve been shipping them without footpegs. The ones I’ve seen for sale in the U.K. all have raptor pegs as they got no stock ones
I would be good with that.
JkopMx
6/26/2022 2:11pm
JkopMx wrote:
adams189 wrote:
Yes sir some are not arriving with parts but a very minor part . aftermarket part will be on them. It arrived Friday, plan is to pick up Tuesday/ wed ! This one isn’t even my personal bike and I’m still excited !
tek14
6/26/2022 11:21pm
Here in EU people been racing with them couple weeks but just handfull of bikes are coming in.
Public testing will be august i been told.
Motofinne
6/26/2022 11:51pm Edited Date/Time 6/27/2022 2:34am
JkopMx wrote:
adams189 wrote:
MXBen711 wrote:
I heard they’ve been shipping them without footpegs. The ones I’ve seen for sale in the U.K. all have raptor pegs as they got no stock...
Yep no footpegs on some bikes here in Europe. Kinda nuts to be fair, doesn't really sit well with the reputation that KTM has (deservedly) developed as a premium brand.

cwel11
6/27/2022 2:28am
adams189 wrote:
MXBen711 wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
Yep no footpegs on some bikes here in Europe. Kinda nuts to be fair, doesn't really sit well with the reputation that KTM has (deservedly) developed...
Yep no footpegs on some bikes here in Europe. Kinda nuts to be fair, doesn't really sit well with the reputation that KTM has (deservedly) developed as a premium brand.

My thoughts as well. Don’t release a bike without all the parts lol. My 22 fc350 was missing an exhaust spring, gas tank grommet and bolt. Small things, and I suspect they may have been there from factory and the dealer robbed them for another customer. Who knows. I guess it’s just where we stand these days. Crazy
6/27/2022 2:55am
MXBen711 wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
Yep no footpegs on some bikes here in Europe. Kinda nuts to be fair, doesn't really sit well with the reputation that KTM has (deservedly) developed...

cwel11 wrote:
My thoughts as well. Don’t release a bike without all the parts lol. My 22 fc350 was missing an exhaust spring, gas tank grommet and bolt...
My thoughts as well. Don’t release a bike without all the parts lol. My 22 fc350 was missing an exhaust spring, gas tank grommet and bolt. Small things, and I suspect they may have been there from factory and the dealer robbed them for another customer. Who knows. I guess it’s just where we stand these days. Crazy
I've bought mine on the 21st of May from a dealership IN AUSTRIA without footpegs. Angry

Every bike sold in EU in the last month were without footpegs and KTM started delivering them last week.
(KTM's excuse was "sorry, our supplier ran out of material")

also, I'm still waiting for the air filter cover, ordered in May, that should arrived in the next couple of weeks Dizzy

AND...it's confirmed that no aftermarket company is allowed to make the KTM/husky plastic kit this year, you can only buy them from KTM
Richy
6/27/2022 4:33am Edited Date/Time 6/27/2022 4:35am
Saw one in the UK this weekend, again with aftermarket pegs as a few people have mentioned, very strange. You'd assume they'd have the clout to just buy some alternatives or upgrade material type to something available or similar?

First '23 I've seen in person though, I wasn't sold going by pictures, but they do look pretty sweet in person.
6/27/2022 5:10am
Motofinne wrote:

cwel11 wrote:
My thoughts as well. Don’t release a bike without all the parts lol. My 22 fc350 was missing an exhaust spring, gas tank grommet and bolt...
I've bought mine on the 21st of May from a dealership [u]IN AUSTRIA[/u] without footpegs. :angry: Every bike sold in EU in the last month were...
I've bought mine on the 21st of May from a dealership IN AUSTRIA without footpegs. Angry

Every bike sold in EU in the last month were without footpegs and KTM started delivering them last week.

also, I'm still waiting for the air filter cover, ordered in May, that should arrived in the next couple of weeks Dizzy

AND...it's confirmed that no aftermarket company is allowed to make the KTM/husky plastic kit this year, you can only buy them from KTM
Do companies need ktm’s permission to make aftermarket plastics?
mxengineer1
6/27/2022 5:49am
Saw a new '23 FC350 in the crate this past Saturday at Wheelsports in Columbus, Ohio....shipped without footpegs which are shipping separately and supposed to arrive soon.....

wrc777
Fantasy
587th
6/27/2022 5:52am Edited Date/Time 6/27/2022 5:53am
A local dealer in Indiana received a 2023 250 XC-F last week also without foot pegs...I can see why KTM would do this. Air shipping a few boxes of foot pegs out is definitely easier than holding all the bikes in Austria for weeks and then sea shipping. It seems like they might have wanted to hold them at US distribution until pegs were in hand though?
ThatOneKid
6/27/2022 7:57am
wrc777 wrote:
A local dealer in Indiana received a 2023 250 XC-F last week also without foot pegs...I can see why KTM would do this. Air shipping a...
A local dealer in Indiana received a 2023 250 XC-F last week also without foot pegs...I can see why KTM would do this. Air shipping a few boxes of foot pegs out is definitely easier than holding all the bikes in Austria for weeks and then sea shipping. It seems like they might have wanted to hold them at US distribution until pegs were in hand though?
I've been waiting for a 22.5 250 FE for months now, purely to get a bike on the new platform as quick as I could. Originally was told it would get here in May, then June, and now it's out to July. If a 23 250f shows up first I'll be grabbing that instead.

Does anyone know if you can get away with the previous generation pegs as a band aid fix just to be able to ride if my bike shows up with nothing? I know they moved the mounts inboard, but if they could still accept the older pegs I would use the ones I have on my 17 and just deal with them not sticking out as far until I could get the 23 pegs.
wrc777
Fantasy
587th
6/27/2022 8:43am
wrc777 wrote:
A local dealer in Indiana received a 2023 250 XC-F last week also without foot pegs...I can see why KTM would do this. Air shipping a...
ThatOneKid wrote:
I've been waiting for a 22.5 250 FE for months now, purely to get a bike on the new platform as quick as I could. Originally...
I've been waiting for a 22.5 250 FE for months now, purely to get a bike on the new platform as quick as I could. Originally was told it would get here in May, then June, and now it's out to July. If a 23 250f shows up first I'll be grabbing that instead.

Does anyone know if you can get away with the previous generation pegs as a band aid fix just to be able to ride if my bike shows up with nothing? I know they moved the mounts inboard, but if they could still accept the older pegs I would use the ones I have on my 17 and just deal with them not sticking out as far until I could get the 23 pegs.
Spykes has a rockstar fc250 on the floor. You might want to grab that if Lafayette, In is not too far of a drive for you. The local dealer here supposedly had a 250 fe coming in May, then June, and now they don’t think they are getting one at all. On the other hand you can probably get a standard 2023 250f any day now.
Books
6/27/2022 9:02am
Ridiculous when you pay almost a 12K for a bike and it’s not even complete Unsure
ThatOneKid
6/27/2022 9:08am
wrc777 wrote:
ThatOneKid wrote:
I've been waiting for a 22.5 250 FE for months now, purely to get a bike on the new platform as quick as I could. Originally...

wrc777 wrote:
Spykes has a rockstar fc250 on the floor. You might want to grab that if Lafayette, In is not too far of a drive for you...
Spykes has a rockstar fc250 on the floor. You might want to grab that if Lafayette, In is not too far of a drive for you. The local dealer here supposedly had a 250 fe coming in May, then June, and now they don’t think they are getting one at all. On the other hand you can probably get a standard 2023 250f any day now.
I've got my name down and a deposit for the FE 250, and I'm first on the list for a 23 250f so whichever shows up first is mine, just hope now it has foot pegs. Also hoping that "July" will be early July.

Do you know if that dealer ever got an FE 450? Supposedly my dealer is still waiting on both their 250 and 450 FEs.
wrc777
Fantasy
587th
6/27/2022 9:29am
Books wrote:
Ridiculous when you pay almost a 12K for a bike and it’s not even complete Unsure
I don’t think they actually sell them without foot pegs on them.
Lynch
6/27/2022 10:02am
Books wrote:
wrc777 wrote:
I don’t think they actually sell them without foot pegs on them.
They do Grinning
HusqFan3
6/27/2022 4:53pm
cwel11 wrote:
I've bought mine on the 21st of May from a dealership [u]IN AUSTRIA[/u] without footpegs. :angry: Every bike sold in EU in the last month were...

That was my first thought as well... What possible leverage or legal mechanism would KTM have to be able to tell an aftermarket company what and when they're allowed to develop a part? Answer.... None
wrc777
Fantasy
587th
6/27/2022 6:17pm

HusqFan3 wrote:
That was my first thought as well... What possible leverage or legal mechanism would KTM have to be able to tell an aftermarket company what and...
That was my first thought as well... What possible leverage or legal mechanism would KTM have to be able to tell an aftermarket company what and when they're allowed to develop a part? Answer.... None
A patent can stop other companies from selling knock offs. It is possible they have patented the mounting scheme. Ktm plastic kits for the new bikes (no graphics) are listed at the same retail price as acerbis so at least for now there is not really a good reason to use aftermarket plastic.
adams189
6/27/2022 6:19pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
That was my first thought as well... What possible leverage or legal mechanism would KTM have to be able to tell an aftermarket company what and...
wrc777 wrote:
A patent can stop other companies from selling knock offs. It is possible they have patented the mounting scheme. Ktm plastic kits for the new bikes...
A patent can stop other companies from selling knock offs. It is possible they have patented the mounting scheme. Ktm plastic kits for the new bikes (no graphics) are listed at the same retail price as acerbis so at least for now there is not really a good reason to use aftermarket plastic.
Unless you wanted to change the color scheme.
adams189
6/27/2022 6:19pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
wrc777 wrote:
A patent can stop other companies from selling knock offs. It is possible they have patented the mounting scheme. Ktm plastic kits for the new bikes...
wrc777
Fantasy
587th
6/27/2022 6:25pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
wrc777 wrote:
adams189 wrote:
Well they have four different colors. How many does the aftermarket usually have?
HusqFan3
6/27/2022 7:29pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
wrc777 wrote:
I'm sorry but no... There's nothing about the plastics that would qualify for a patent including the "mounting scheme". It would take a patent office between 6-8sec to reject such a silly submission.

Post a reply to: 2023 KTM 350 SX-F

The Latest