2022 rmz's

Related:
Create New Tag

4/21/2021 3:06 PM

Any word if Suzuki is updating the 2022' rmz's with electric start or is it gonna be bng's and the same old same old ?

|

im not the dude in my avatar....its the man...

4/21/2021 3:16 PM

I seriously doubt it, they don't seem to have any desire to update the RMZ's. Its too bad because I've always really liked Suzuki's. Still way more bike than I could ever hope to ride to it's full potential.

|

'20 FC450...'19 TC125

4/21/2021 5:48 PM

A friend of mine recently bought a bunch of JGR's unused stock of parts and Ti pieces. According to him, in his conversation with JGR staff, the year 2025 came up as the update year. Sounds ridiculous but I'm just passing along what they told him.

|

Name withheld... Esquire

4/21/2021 6:18 PM

Here we go again

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

4/21/2021 9:17 PM

Silver wheels back for 2022 Photo

|

4/21/2021 9:36 PM

Not a pretty bike.....you sure that isnt a 2001 model ?

|

4/21/2021 9:54 PM

don't get your hopes up for any updates in the near future from Suzuki.
they disbanded SRF this year... which was their last little glimpse of Motocrossness in Japan

|

4/21/2021 10:22 PM

The funny thing about Suzuki is.... their bikes are plenty good enough for the majority of riders out there.

There are very few that can ride any of these bikes to their full potential.

But if buying a KTM, Honda or whatever makes you feel better about yourself... good for you. It's your money, spend it as you see fit...don't knock others for their choice.

(BTW - I've always been a YZ guy....but if I were in the market for an MX bike....I'd find myself in a Zook dealership.)

It never ceases to amaze me how supposed "fans" of this sport tear down the companies, magazines, etc that support it...

|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

4/21/2021 11:32 PM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

The funny thing about Suzuki is.... their bikes are plenty good enough for the majority of riders out there.

There are very ...more

What if you can get a up to date KX for almost the same price as the Suzuki? You still think the Suzuki is the bargain or what?

And then there is the factor that people might not want to buy a bike from a company that invests significantly less into the sport compared to the other bike manufacturers.

But you're right with that most people can't ride a 2021 RM-Z 450 to its full potential. Same thing applies to a 2016 KTM SXF 450, so maybe everyone except pros should just stop buying new bikes?

|

4/22/2021 12:39 AM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

There are very ...more

10000% true.... At least there's a budget option.

|

4/22/2021 12:41 AM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

There are very ...more

Motofinne wrote:

What if you can get a up to date KX for almost the same price as the Suzuki? You still think the Suzuki is the bargain or ...more

i agree and i think it's also a case of if you're parting with your hard earned, why wouldn't you want the most up to date? So then zook doesn't keep up and slows advancement and you've got a case of a snake eating it's own tail. It's a shame....i really like zooks and i used to love their factory efforts. I just wish they kept up so then you'd see more of them.

|

4/22/2021 3:01 AM

I’m sure 99% of us would be just as quick on a 10-15 year old bike. However If we’re all honest with ourselves for most of us half the fun of Mx is the new bikes and new gear and new aftermarket parts and we all want the newest best we can afford because were all posers deep down inside.

|

4/22/2021 3:05 AM

i have a 7 year old bike, cus why would i buy a new 2 stroke when they haven't really changed that much in the last 15 years? But i do have new kit :D haha

|

4/22/2021 8:34 AM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

There are very ...more

Agreed. I have a 2014 and with good suspension, it gets around the track just fine for someone that just rides a handful of times a year for fun. There are times where it would be nice to have electric start though...

Cripes, I saw a guy last weekend on a 1996 cr 125 blowing by guys on brand new 450’s. i know there’s more layers to that, but just saying

|

4/22/2021 8:36 AM

drummer dude wrote:

Any word if Suzuki is updating the 2022' rmz's with electric start or is it gonna be bng's and the same old same old ?

They only sell outboard motors now. You get the memo?

|

4/22/2021 8:47 AM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

There are very ...more

Motofinne wrote:

What if you can get a up to date KX for almost the same price as the Suzuki? You still think the Suzuki is the bargain or ...more

There was a $550 difference when it was all said and done between my 21 YZ250F and the 21 RMZ250 next to it. Not nearly enough difference to sway me toward the Suzuki. Now had it been $1500+, then yeah I probably would have gotten the RMZ and not the YZF.

|

4/22/2021 9:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/23/2021 4:54 AM

Hi Side wrote:

I seriously doubt it, they don't seem to have any desire to update the RMZ's. Its too bad because I've always really liked ...more

You really like them and could never ride it to it's potential but wouldn't buy one because they didn't update it?

|

4/22/2021 9:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2021 9:32 AM

The funny thing about suzukis, is that the majority of people that claim the bike is good enough for rhe majority of people actually ride a different brand.

|

4/22/2021 9:23 AM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

There are very ...more

Yeah but why buy the Suzuki OVER the other brands? The bikes are very good....no doubt about that. Reliability is amazing on the Suzuki RMZ450. But....unless you are saving a ton of money....why not just get an updated bike that won't be obsolete in a couple years? The other brands certainly aren't worse than the Suzuki (i know this is debatable) What happens if Suzuki stops making bikes and the parts availability dries up? They have to show us SOMETHING sometime soon to get consumer confidence back with the brand.

|

4/22/2021 9:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2021 9:55 AM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

There are very ...more

Motofinne wrote:

JBecker 72 wrote:

There was a $550 difference when it was all said and done between my 21 YZ250F and the 21 RMZ250 next to it. Not nearly enough ...more

The straight ticket-line price difference is $1050 on a 2021 250F. The Suzuki is $550 lower MSRP+ dest and has $500 factory cash back on purchase (or $1000 cash back if you can still find an identical 2020).

Prior to the COVID bike-boom, the Suzuki rebate offer was up to $1500 on select models. So over a $2000 difference with the rebate and lower MSRP. That's prior to any dealer discount which have been at times, significant.

|

4/22/2021 9:32 AM

Bruce372 wrote:

The funny thing about suzukis, is that the majority of people that claim the bike is good enough for rhe majority of people ...more

Full disclosure... I don't own any MX bike. My moto'ing days are long gone. I ride an ADV bike.

|

4/22/2021 9:33 AM

Outdated, overweight, and no E-start.....doesn't bother me as Suzukis are still my favorite bikes and if I was buying a new 450 I would buy yellow because they handle like a dream and a kickstarter has never bothered me in 30 years.

It doesn't get any sexier than yellow but the new hondas are a close second place:

Photo

|

4/22/2021 9:35 AM

JGR zooks ^^^^^^ Pure sex.

|

4/22/2021 9:38 AM

Bruce372 wrote:

The funny thing about suzukis, is that the majority of people that claim the bike is good enough for rhe majority of people ...more

ShawdowGlen wrote:

Full disclosure... I don't own any MX bike. My moto'ing days are long gone. I ride an ADV bike.

Full disclosure, there are people that have owned many suzukis and now own different brands. Quite often, these people can be rational and objective about how their old RMZ/RM falls short of the experience they are currently enjoying with a different brand.

It's also ironic that many of the people insisting others buy suzukis have either never owned one, or have only ever owned them and aren't able to be objective.

Btw. All the suzukis I owned were great bikes.

|

4/22/2021 9:38 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Believe you have missed my points.

1.) Buy what you want. don't trash others for their choice.
2.) Stop ripping companies, magazines, etc who support this sport

|

4/22/2021 9:51 AM

Outboard motors and Streetbikes. Revision on the Hayabusa this year, V-storm & Katana was last year, and I believe GSXR could be next year. They won motogp last year and just extended their contract to participate through 2025. RMZ is on back burner.

|

4/22/2021 9:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2021 9:52 AM

I wish there was a way to do a blind test of all the bikes and make it completely unknown which bike is which. Grab 100 average riders to have them ride each bike and pick a favorite at the end of the day. I’d put money on a bigger chunk of riders picking the Suzuki than most Vitards would think. Granted this has a 0% chance of happening, but it is something I’d love to see if it were possible.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

4/22/2021 10:19 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I wish there was a way to do a blind test of all the bikes and make it completely unknown which bike is which. Grab 100 ...more

Somebody would have to start them for the "blinded" riders. Hard to get around that kick-starter.w00t

BTW - Kickstarters are for REAL men. cool

I always loved kicking over a bike. (but I never owned a 500, if I did, I may feel different...lol)

|

4/22/2021 10:33 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I wish there was a way to do a blind test of all the bikes and make it completely unknown which bike is which. Grab 100 ...more

ShawdowGlen wrote:

Somebody would have to start them for the "blinded" riders. Hard to get around that kick-starter.w00t

BTW - Kickstarters are for ...more

Haha part of why I said no chance. But if they did make them e-start or find a way to add e-start that would eliminate that problem haha.

The RMZ is by far the easiest 4 stroke to kick start though. It’s was bit surprising at first coming from a 2014 YZ450

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

4/22/2021 10:53 AM

Do you guys ever think color has something to do with the decline of suzuki sales even before they stopped updating? I personally have always loved the way a Suzuki looks but have always pondered on if your general, non race watching consumer finds yellow was less enticing.

|