2022 Supercross Broadcast Schedule

Related:
Create New Tag

11/18/2021 10:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/18/2021 10:26 AM

Stamford, Connecticut – NBC Sports and Feld Motor Sports have announced the 2022 Monster Energy AMA Supercross telecast schedule, featuring a record three live races and 13 total hours of coverage on NBC. All 17 Supercross races, highlighted by exclusive live coverage of heats, qualifiers and Main Event races, will be presented across NBC, CNBC, USA Network, Peacock and NBC Sports digital platforms.

NBC Sports’ 2022 Supercross race action begins with the season opener from Angel Stadium in Anaheim, Calif., live on Saturday, Jan. 8, at 10 p.m. ET on CNBC, marking a return to the state where the series has begun the season 24 of the past 25 years after beginning last season in Texas.

The 2022 season culminates with the season finale from Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City, Utah, on Saturday, May 7, at 8 p.m. ET on CNBC, with an encore presentation airing on Sunday, May 8, at 1 p.m. ET on NBC.

The 2022 Supercross one-hour preview special airs Saturday, Dec. 25, at 2 p.m. ET on NBC, featuring appearances from reigning Supercross champion Cooper Webb, 2020 Supercross champion Eli Tomac, Ken Roczen, Justin Barcia and 2018 Supercross champion Jason Anderson, as they prepare for the gate to drop in Anaheim. An encore presentation of the program will be presented on Sunday, Jan. 2, at 4 p.m. ET on NBC.

All televised coverage across NBC, CNBC and USA Network streams on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app. Click here for more information about USA Network’s extensive sports programming beginning on Jan. 1, 2022.

Peacock exclusively streams a Supercross race for the first time in 2022 from Angel Stadium on Sat., Feb. 12. All Supercross heats, qualifiers and live and on-demand replays of races will be available on Peacock.

Veteran NBC Sports motorsports commentators Leigh Diffey and Todd Harris will handle play-by-play duties for Supercross coverage in 2022. They’ll be joined by five-time Supercross champion and seven-time premiere class Motocross champion Ricky Carmichael as analyst, and reporters Daniel Blair and Will Christien. Blair will serve as the play-by-play commentator for a select number of races.

Below is the complete 2022 Monster Energy Supercross telecast schedule:

Photo

Supercross Video Pass and international streaming details of the 2022 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship will be forthcoming in December.
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

11/18/2021 10:33 AM

Before everyone starts bitching peacock is $5 a month.

|

11/18/2021 10:48 AM

LouisianaMotocross wrote:

LOL!! Let the bitching begin in 3….2….1….

|

“I’m not Swap…”

11/18/2021 11:07 AM

And if you pay for the whole year it’s only $4 a month!

|

11/18/2021 11:17 AM

jtmaster wrote:

And it you don't want ads it's $10 a month. Plus you can watch The Office.

|

11/18/2021 11:30 AM

Canadian's still going to be expected to take it dry with the Supercross video pass

|

11/18/2021 12:33 PM

I'm confused - no surprise. I bought Peacock last season to catch all live SX/MX. It isn't clear to me that I'll get the same this season.

Do I or not? Help an older guy out trying to understand...

|

2019 KTM 350 XC-F
Apollo Motorcycle Club
Daytona Dirt Riders (DDR)
Floridatrailriders.org (FTR)

11/18/2021 12:46 PM

EastFlorida wrote:

I'm confused - no surprise. I bought Peacock last season to catch all live SX/MX. It isn't clear to me that I'll get the same ...more

"Supercross heats, qualifiers and live and on-demand replays of races will be available on Peacock"
Yes same as last year on Peacock. Just that 1 race is only live on Peacock.

|

11/18/2021 12:47 PM

EastFlorida wrote:

I'm confused - no surprise. I bought Peacock last season to catch all live SX/MX. It isn't clear to me that I'll get the same ...more

mx_579 wrote:

"Supercross heats, qualifiers and live and on-demand replays of races will be available on Peacock"
Yes same as last year on ...more

Thanks for clarifying!

|

2019 KTM 350 XC-F
Apollo Motorcycle Club
Daytona Dirt Riders (DDR)
Floridatrailriders.org (FTR)

11/18/2021 12:52 PM

Well its blocked outside of USA.

|

11/18/2021 2:17 PM

tek14 wrote:

Well its blocked outside of USA.

Yeah ,that really piss me off .I travel a lot to Bulgaria and I can't watch out side of US. That sucks big time.Did't have that problem with NBC Gold.

|

11/18/2021 2:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/18/2021 2:48 PM

Seems like a great broadcast schedule, only sad that the last race is taped on American TV.

|

11/18/2021 2:54 PM

Peacock app is the chit. besides SX/mx there is lots of other racing and general content

|

11/18/2021 2:56 PM

jtmaster wrote:

skeef wrote:

And the first 3 seasons of Yellowstone.

|

11/18/2021 2:59 PM

MXMattii wrote:

Seems like a great broadcast schedule, only sad that the last race is taped on American TV.

The last race is live on Saturday night, then rebroadcast on Sunday.

|

11/18/2021 3:36 PM

jtmaster wrote:

skeef wrote:

Actually for SX/MX there aren’t any ads at the cheaper price…now if you watch all the other programming and want bypass the ads then yes, but most live sports on Peacock are ad free

|

“I’m not Swap…”

11/18/2021 3:55 PM

Odd that so many (or any) races are on CNBC?

Isn't that their financial news network? Don't think I have ever seen any sports on CNBC. Just stock market news.

But at least it is a major network and available across most of the US. Just thought it was a strange mix to have sports on a financial news channel.

|

11/18/2021 3:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/18/2021 4:00 PM

Does this mean it will be Leigh and Todd both in the booth all year, or one of them plus Ricky in the booth depending on their schedules? I know I'd much prefer the latter, it's incredible how Ricky can predict moves half a lap in advance, great insight to have.

|

11/18/2021 4:04 PM

AZ35 wrote:

Isn't that their financial news network? Don't think I have ever seen any ...more

They discontinued nbc sports so they are shuffling sports programming around various other channels they own. At least cnbc is standard with just about every cable package.

|

11/18/2021 4:10 PM

AZ35 wrote:

Isn't that their financial news network? Don't think I have ever seen any ...more

Typically CNBC mostly broadcasts pre-recorded shows on the weekends, so bumping some of that for sports is not a big deal for NBC.

The Olympics will often spill over to CNBC. And more recently, NHL, NASCAR, PGA and Premier League sometimes spill over to CNBC when NBC doesn't have enough bandwidth.

|

11/18/2021 4:15 PM

Why are they bringing back Todd Harris? He's literally the worst commentator I've ever seen/heard

|

11/18/2021 5:29 PM

limepandanz wrote:

Does this mean it will be Leigh and Todd both in the booth all year, or one of them plus Ricky in the booth depending on their ...more

Just like this year. They'll alternate races with RC being in the booth at each race.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

11/18/2021 5:59 PM

limepandanz wrote:

Does this mean it will be Leigh and Todd both in the booth all year, or one of them plus Ricky in the booth depending on their ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Just like this year. They'll alternate races with RC being in the booth at each race.

Hopefully there will be at least a couple of races this year where neither of them can make it, and we'll get DB in the main seat again.

|

11/19/2021 8:54 AM

limepandanz wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Sully wrote:

Hopefully there will be at least a couple of races this year where neither of them can make it, and we'll get DB in the main ...more

You will see Blair do more than one this year….

|

“I’m not Swap…”

11/19/2021 9:15 AM

I have Directv and will not pay for streaming. If it is no linger on regular channels I will not be watching. I am done paying more to watch TV. I will be going back to the 80s and getting my coverage by magazines.

|

11/19/2021 9:19 AM

After getting to watch both the SX and MX seasons in their entirety, I'm a permanent Peacock subscriber as long as it stays semi-affordable. Its really the only thing I watch on it, but its still worth it if you want to try to stay connected to each series. As an east-coast guy, the replay's make watching those late night rounds the next morning soo much better.

|

11/19/2021 9:49 AM

Some of these posters need to buy better helmets

|

11/19/2021 10:08 AM

early wrote:

Some of these posters need to buy better helmets

they cant, they spent too much money on cable/direct tv

|

11/19/2021 11:47 AM

https://www.supercrosslive.tv/viewplans
Content available to ONLY outside USA