2022 SUPERCROSS INTERNATIONAL STREAMING SERVICE: $129.95 (ONE-YEAR SUBSCRIPTION)

Mit12
12/29/2021 10:45pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2022 1:57pm
Rant alert! What is up with Feld and MX Sports and going to streaming? It seems like greed to me? DC you can give your reasoning any time as why you chose to change? Is it all about money or does the networks don’t want to cover motorsports? Does FELD and MX Sports get a better deal with streaming vs network programing? There must be some reason why they are opting to go with streaming vs network tv. We will be getting screwed because of these changes. Peacock is $5 a month now but wait until it is gone from the networks it will go way up. Remember when cable came out it was inexpensive as was satellite tv until they took over the market and now look what they charge! The hook is out just waiting for you to take it. Im sorry but I am not playing this game again, if SX and MX go full streaming I will be done watching it! I had a good run I went to the first SX race at the LA Colosseum in 1972 and the first SX race held in Anahein stadium in 1976 when Marty Smith rode his works 125 against the 250s. I pay way to much for tv to spend more money to stream racing! End of rant!
|
Tonynz
12/29/2021 11:07pm
Not sure what you are ranting about, it is us overseas viewers that are paying the $129.95 to watch the races.
12/29/2021 11:44pm
MotoworldTV has worked well for me in the past as an international viewer.

Supercross only - $47 USD / $65 AUD

Supercross, Outdoors, MXdN, Loretta Lynns - $88 USD / $120 AUD

No ads and archived for later viewing.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
12/30/2021 3:53am
If you're not in the US just get a VPN and Peacock, still about 1/4 of the price of the subscription for international viewers
12/30/2021 4:10am
crusty_xx wrote:
If you're not in the US just get a VPN and Peacock, still about 1/4 of the price of the subscription for international viewers
Yes, that's the cheapest (depending on VPN you choose if you don't have one already) option.

But for me, having the MXdN included as well as next year's outdoors in one package is still good value for $120.

It annoys me paying for something that I used to watch on an already paid for subscription (Foxtel), but I've come to the realisation that I couldn't be stuffed trying to chase up streams or buying one-off services to watch and rather pay for it all with no dramas.

The Shop

mh226
12/30/2021 4:29am
crusty_xx wrote:
The issue is Peacock wont take a non US credit card. The international fans are getting hosed yet again...
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
12/30/2021 4:33am
crusty_xx wrote:
mh226 wrote:
The issue is Peacock wont take a non US credit card. The international fans are getting hosed yet again...
I don't have a US credit card. Can't really remember how I paid for that last year but I'm pretty sure there's a way around that.
Maybe try to buy a visa gift card or something
BS12
12/30/2021 4:57am
crusty_xx wrote:
mh226 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
I don't have a US credit card. Can't really remember how I paid for that last year but I'm pretty sure there's a way around that...
I don't have a US credit card. Can't really remember how I paid for that last year but I'm pretty sure there's a way around that.
Why does it have to be this difficult /expensive to take the traditional route though? Year after year, same arguments. (Obviously not a dig at you).
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
12/30/2021 5:26am
Mit12 wrote:
Rant alert! What is up with Feld and MX Sports and going to streaming? It seems like greed to me? DC you can give your reasoning...
Rant alert! What is up with Feld and MX Sports and going to streaming? It seems like greed to me? DC you can give your reasoning any time as why you chose to change? Is it all about money or does the networks don’t want to cover motorsports? Does FELD and MX Sports get a better deal with streaming vs network programing? There must be some reason why they are opting to go with streaming vs network tv. We will be getting screwed because of these changes. Peacock is $5 a month now but wait until it is gone from the networks it will go way up. Remember when cable came out it was inexpensive as was satellite tv until they took over the market and now look what they charge! The hook is out just waiting for you to take it. Im sorry but I am not playing this game again, if SX and MX go full streaming I will be done watching it! I had a good run I went to the first SX race at the LA Colosseum in 1972 and the first SX race held in Anahein stadium in 1976 when Marty Smith rode his works 125 against the 250s. I pay way to much for tv to spend more money to stream racing! End of rant!
It's still on network television...
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
12/30/2021 5:29am
mh226 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
I don't have a US credit card. Can't really remember how I paid for that last year but I'm pretty sure there's a way around that...
BS12 wrote:
Why does it have to be this difficult /expensive to take the traditional route though? Year after year, same arguments. (Obviously not a dig at you).
No idea. I have zero problem paying $130 and have done it for years. But if US viewers can watch the same thing for 25 bucks I'm not really willing to pay 5 times the amount...
DC
12/30/2021 5:34am
Mit12 wrote:
Rant alert! What is up with Feld and MX Sports and going to streaming? It seems like greed to me? DC you can give your reasoning...
I can't speak for supercross and their streaming services, but I do know that our previous TV home--NBC Sports--is off-line, and there aren't a lot of other options to ensure that the fans that want to see it on network get to see it, though Feld has certainly been trying (that's why the races will jump around on multiple NBC-affiliated channels in '22).

The TV/streaming landscape is in a huge transition right now, as every network and sport are trying to get fans to sign up for their streaming services and subscriptions.

Then there is the demographic shift: For example, I have two kids (19 and 14) and they haven't watched network TV at appointed times and channels in years, with the exception of the occasional live race or WVU game. Like it or not, the future has been here for awhile and every series/league/network/movie producer is trying to navigate it...

In an ideal world, we would have both network and streaming, but with NBC Sports no longer around, it's not ideal right now.

DC
Racer X
Mr. Info
12/30/2021 7:20am
Mit12 why ask a question you answered for yourself.
lestat
12/30/2021 7:43am
Mit12 wrote:
Ditch tv and keep the racing .
mx_phreek
Fantasy
242nd
12/30/2021 10:56am
I just wonder why there's such a big difference in price for you vs us, its doesn't matter where we're. Still just connecting via Internet like I am now to this site from UK. I'd pay the $130 no issue if that's what it is for everyone, and I did pay that the second year of it being available. Last couple years I just did the combo deal of nbcsports gold using a VPN. And this /last year on peacock. But I had to get a friend to sign up to it from me from the US as it wouldn't accept payment from here. I'll use peacock again for coming season too instead. It was on offer to for half price but it has just ended when I looked other day.

MXMattii
12/30/2021 3:18pm
DC wrote:
I can't speak for supercross and their streaming services, but I do know that our previous TV home--NBC Sports--is off-line, and there aren't a lot of...
I can't speak for supercross and their streaming services, but I do know that our previous TV home--NBC Sports--is off-line, and there aren't a lot of other options to ensure that the fans that want to see it on network get to see it, though Feld has certainly been trying (that's why the races will jump around on multiple NBC-affiliated channels in '22).

The TV/streaming landscape is in a huge transition right now, as every network and sport are trying to get fans to sign up for their streaming services and subscriptions.

Then there is the demographic shift: For example, I have two kids (19 and 14) and they haven't watched network TV at appointed times and channels in years, with the exception of the occasional live race or WVU game. Like it or not, the future has been here for awhile and every series/league/network/movie producer is trying to navigate it...

In an ideal world, we would have both network and streaming, but with NBC Sports no longer around, it's not ideal right now.

DC
Racer X
Are you able to sell the TV-rights separately from the online-rights or is that difficult?
Mit12
12/30/2021 4:07pm
Mit12 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
All tee rounds are not on network tv. One is only on peacock. I hope that the ratings fall way under the network covered rounds. NBC knows that people want NBC on network tv and will continue to pay for their service. It’s greed! They want to make racing viewers pay for a separate plan like peacock. They aren’t doing this as a favor they are doing this for the money!
SPYGUY
Fantasy
885th
12/30/2021 5:43pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2021 5:45pm
Mit12 wrote:
All tee rounds are not on network tv. One is only on peacock. I hope that the ratings fall way under the network covered rounds. NBC...
All tee rounds are not on network tv. One is only on peacock. I hope that the ratings fall way under the network covered rounds. NBC knows that people want NBC on network tv and will continue to pay for their service. It’s greed! They want to make racing viewers pay for a separate plan like peacock. They aren’t doing this as a favor they are doing this for the money!
Your takes are so terrible that they should honestly just be ignored.

But if you think NBC is sitting around scheming on how to rake in the profits, it's not SX & MX that they are giving much (any) thought to.

Peacock being the primary home for moto is likely because NBC would rather show other things on their "real" channels at those times.

The convenience of Peacock has been awesome and I've paid for it even though I still have a cable package. I worry about what will happen in 2023 when the NBC deals run out and moto goes elsewhere.
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
12/30/2021 6:18pm
Dc. Can we get an international pay service that works for the nationals too please
8tensolutions
12/30/2021 6:40pm
The fact that so many complain about having 100% live coverage including practice.....and it's archived if you can't watch live....and its HD and can be watched on any device.....and it's $5 per month....is mind blowing. Those out of the country complaining need to look at every moto event in your country that US fans cannot watch or have to find some third party swap meet website to see it. I am sorry you don't live here and it's more expensive due to that. The same applies for what we would like to watch/buy when the table is reversed.

12/30/2021 9:03pm
Mit12 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Mit12 wrote:
All tee rounds are not on network tv. One is only on peacock. I hope that the ratings fall way under the network covered rounds. NBC...
When all the racing I watched was available to stream I was able to drop my top tier satellite package that was costing $216 a month. Now I get MotoGP, MotoAmerica, and Peacock in addition to netflix and I'm a happy guy for way less money and way better coverage than was available just a few years ago.
DC
12/31/2021 5:09am
scott_nz wrote:
Dc. Can we get an international pay service that works for the nationals too please
Working on it. It was a big point of contention between the series and the network last year because we told them they are many, many fans in Australia and New Zealand, especially with the Lawrence brothers here now, and that they needed to either find a network partner down under or at least make the live-stream available. By the time they got it sorted the series was over. It will be a priority moving forward.

Happy New Year.

DC
Racer X
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
12/31/2021 10:10am
Mit12 wrote:
No shit, of course they do it for the money and that's how the world works so grow the hell up.
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
12/31/2021 10:25am
scott_nz wrote:
DC wrote:
Working on it. It was a big point of contention between the series and the network last year because we told them they are many, many...
Working on it. It was a big point of contention between the series and the network last year because we told them they are many, many fans in Australia and New Zealand, especially with the Lawrence brothers here now, and that they needed to either find a network partner down under or at least make the live-stream available. By the time they got it sorted the series was over. It will be a priority moving forward.

Happy New Year.

DC
Racer X
Awesome. Good to hear
jeffro503
12/31/2021 10:46am
Lots of things being thrown around in here. So if I want the whole sx / mx package , do I renew through Peacock?
konarider94
Fantasy
3098th
1/4/2022 7:15am
crusty_xx wrote:
mh226 wrote:
I thought they had a paypal option. Maybe that would work.
debun
Fantasy
32nd
1/4/2022 1:51pm
crusty_xx wrote:
mh226 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
Never tried it but you can check out https://privacy.com/pricing. You can create virtual credit cards.

Post a reply to: 2022 SUPERCROSS INTERNATIONAL STREAMING SERVICE: $129.95 (ONE-YEAR SUBSCRIPTION)

The Latest