2022 RedBud MXoN?

3/4/2020 7:03am
Not sure what every ones love fest is with Red Bud. The facility is good. The track is over rated in my opinion, and they have trucked in way too much sand in the last 10 years. The track was better in the 90s in my opinion.

Put it at Millville or Ironman perhaps.
AgentOrange
Fantasy
1106th
3/4/2020 7:39am
As much as I love Millville, and it's my home track, I doubt the facility could handle MXoN. It's still pretty primitive.
ga_pike
3/4/2020 7:47am
Go back to Unadilla and leave the grass on the track...

The Shop

Mr. Info
3/4/2020 7:52am
No news here. It’s a tough sell knowing you can’t recoup on your investments when the weather does not always cooperate. My opinion is ticket cost are too high for any event but they have to try and recover.
lumpy790
3/4/2020 9:27am
USA has had 4 MXoN’s.
Unadilla, Budds Creek, Thunder Valley and Red Bud....... Which on drew in huge numbers of spectators?
McG194
3/4/2020 9:45am
McG194 wrote:
Actually the people saying WW Ranch do have a few things in their favor. Florida generally has good weather at that time not too hot and...
Actually the people saying WW Ranch do have a few things in their favor.

Florida generally has good weather at that time not too hot and it's one of the drier months.

WW has shown the ability to put on a good event and invest in the facility. A couple years from now will only be better.

Close to home base for a lot of US riders.

Not to be overlooked early October is when Biketoberfest is going on an hour down the road and a good chunk of the motorcycle industry is in Florida at that time.

I have personally seen with my own two eyes that local cameramen at the Tampa Supercross do own and know how to use a towel to wipe the camera lens.

SWOHIO GUY wrote:
From a true motocross track point of view. How much different is Daytona than WW Ranch? While WW Ranch is a great facility, it’s no entrenched...
From a true motocross track point of view. How much different is Daytona than WW Ranch? While WW Ranch is a great facility, it’s no entrenched in the fabric of American Motocross quite like Daytona. Imagine Moto 3 under the lights to decide the winner of Motocross of Nations in front of 100,000 fans!
If they could have it at the "Cathedral" last year with a shit track I'm sure Daytona could at least get a better track.

Bonus, I will put Daytona meth up against anyone in the world. hahaha

(actually Daytona is cleaning up quite a bit and there are some nice places now)
MX114
3/4/2020 9:55am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2020 10:00am
Unadilla would be just as epic as red bud but with even more of an international vibe to it. There’s so much history in those hills. I’m sure the euro fans would soak that up and enjoy an event there as well if they never been. Theres plenty of parking and facilities especially if they utilize the amateur pits since there will be no amateur racing like at the National. Syracuse is a international airport just over an hour away so flight from Europe won’t be too much of a hassle. Dilla would be rowdy and such a historic event
gantry25
3/4/2020 10:08am
MX114 wrote:
Unadilla would be just as epic as red bud but with even more of an international vibe to it. There’s so much history in those hills...
Unadilla would be just as epic as red bud but with even more of an international vibe to it. There’s so much history in those hills. I’m sure the euro fans would soak that up and enjoy an event there as well if they never been. Theres plenty of parking and facilities especially if they utilize the amateur pits since there will be no amateur racing like at the National. Syracuse is a international airport just over an hour away so flight from Europe won’t be too much of a hassle. Dilla would be rowdy and such a historic event
Your right. It really was a great mud race last time. Everyone loves standing out in the rain watching a mud race.
MX114
3/4/2020 10:41am
Huh? Last time I went...this years national... it was a perfect day out with great racing

NY has its share of mud races throughout the year and it certainly could be rainy for a mxon at any point of the season. But generally speaking Sept and early Oct are nice days most of the time. That’s why it’s “wedding season” here around that time. Temps and humidity are pleasant, leaves are changing, and it’s our driest time of year I’d say. Mostly good weather
Huckster
3/4/2020 11:17am
JMFNB wrote:
Unadilla! American grass roots MX at its finest. The other side sucks, Boob Inspector, Gravity Cavity, Screw-U, there is plenty of parking, spectators can see for...
Unadilla! American grass roots MX at its finest. The other side sucks, Boob Inspector, Gravity Cavity, Screw-U, there is plenty of parking, spectators can see for what seems like miles and Cooperstown is right down the road.
RG1 wrote:
Cooperstown is the only place to stay, it’s in the middle of nowhere and it’s like 4 hours from the nearest international airport. The track is...
Cooperstown is the only place to stay, it’s in the middle of nowhere and it’s like 4 hours from the nearest international airport. The track is fine but everything else about it can’t handle the magnitude of the event
mx 219 wrote:
Utica is 38 minutes away and at least in the early 2000s is where more of the pros stayed.
Plenty of places to stay. Oneonta isnt far either. ‘Dilla would be epic. Place would be packed!
gantry25
3/4/2020 11:57am
MX114 wrote:
Huh? Last time I went...this years national... it was a perfect day out with great racing [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/04/408387/s1200_6EFB3F08_642D_4B78_B263_54AECB87F73B.jpg[/img] NY has its share of mud races throughout the...
Huh? Last time I went...this years national... it was a perfect day out with great racing

NY has its share of mud races throughout the year and it certainly could be rainy for a mxon at any point of the season. But generally speaking Sept and early Oct are nice days most of the time. That’s why it’s “wedding season” here around that time. Temps and humidity are pleasant, leaves are changing, and it’s our driest time of year I’d say. Mostly good weather
I was referring to the last MXDN that was held at Unadilla. The outdoor national was held in August, much less chance of rain than October.
I'm only pointing out that the last three MXDN's have been mud races. Enough. Hold it in a location that has less likely hood of rain in October. Now if the race were held in August, Unadilla, Redbud, Budds Creek, really any of the midwest,east coast tracks would be my favorite place to hold it.
3/4/2020 12:23pm
For the people complaining about the weather at redbud for MXdN, I was in a wheelchair and had to trudge through that shit. Get over it. I was blown away by the atmosphere of that race. Been there multiple times for the National, and as fun as those are, MXdN was by far one of the greatest memories I’ll ever have. Listening to the whole entire place yell when team USA went by gave me goosebumps. The international fans that came were some of the coolest I’ve ever met (even though the Swedes got crazy with the chain saws). If it didn’t rain in 2018 and the race was dry, I guarantee everyone would say how great the event was. I think RedBud is America’s premier motocross facility. Close to town, plenty of parking, elevation, plenty of viewing spots, infrastructure. Name one track that checks all of those off.
gantry25
3/4/2020 12:35pm
HandicapMX wrote:
For the people complaining about the weather at redbud for MXdN, I was in a wheelchair and had to trudge through that shit. Get over it...
For the people complaining about the weather at redbud for MXdN, I was in a wheelchair and had to trudge through that shit. Get over it. I was blown away by the atmosphere of that race. Been there multiple times for the National, and as fun as those are, MXdN was by far one of the greatest memories I’ll ever have. Listening to the whole entire place yell when team USA went by gave me goosebumps. The international fans that came were some of the coolest I’ve ever met (even though the Swedes got crazy with the chain saws). If it didn’t rain in 2018 and the race was dry, I guarantee everyone would say how great the event was. I think RedBud is America’s premier motocross facility. Close to town, plenty of parking, elevation, plenty of viewing spots, infrastructure. Name one track that checks all of those off.
If we can hold it at a facility that has much less chance of rain, why not do that? I get that you enjoyed yourself but wouldn't it have been better if the race would have been held at a track like Glen Helen (if that were possible) that same weekend? It was beautiful weather that weekend in California. You would have had all the same goosebumps and met all of the same fans but you wouldn't have been getting rained on or freezing your ass off. I just don't get what is wrong with moving it to a track that has less likelihood of bad weather?

I bought the VIP passes at RedBud and am glad I did. It was a mess.

ThatOneKid
3/4/2020 12:38pm
Rebuild Steel City and have it there, close to the Pittsburgh Airport, and arguably the most spectator friendly track Wink

One can dream.
9mileroad$
3/4/2020 12:58pm
I’d love for it to be at Red Bud again! It’s only 30 min from my house.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/4/2020 1:01pm
ThatOneKid wrote:
Rebuild Steel City and have it there, close to the Pittsburgh Airport, and arguably the most spectator friendly track Wink

One can dream.
Keep dreaming. But I don’t think that’s happening anytime so...er, ever.
RG1
3/4/2020 1:21pm
RG1 wrote:
Cooperstown is the only place to stay, it’s in the middle of nowhere and it’s like 4 hours from the nearest international airport. The track is...
Cooperstown is the only place to stay, it’s in the middle of nowhere and it’s like 4 hours from the nearest international airport. The track is fine but everything else about it can’t handle the magnitude of the event
mx 219 wrote:
Utica is 38 minutes away and at least in the early 2000s is where more of the pros stayed.
Huckster wrote:
Plenty of places to stay. Oneonta isnt far either. ‘Dilla would be epic. Place would be packed!
It’s an absolute nightmare to get to for international fans
cdm806
Fantasy
1404th
3/4/2020 1:41pm
lumpy790 wrote:
USA has had 4 MXoN’s.
Unadilla, Budds Creek, Thunder Valley and Red Bud....... Which on drew in huge numbers of spectators?
I've been to all of them.. All of them have been packed to the gills.
Nighttrain
3/4/2020 1:44pm
Daytona, please:
* Easy access for international travelers
* Plenty of hotels
* The facility will have no problem accommodating a large crowd
* Lots of area attractions for visitors
* There’s plenty of sand to build an interesting track to make up for the lack of elevation changes
* Sunny Florida
3/4/2020 1:48pm
Glen Helen for me , then I could combine it with a trip to Las Vegas and the Monster Energy cup the weekend after!
Whistling
lumpy790
3/4/2020 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2020 1:56pm
lumpy790 wrote:
USA has had 4 MXoN’s.
cdm806 wrote:
I was also at all 4 and Buds Creek number blows all the rest away.

IMO at Budds Creek the people coming in became DC tourists for a couple days so they got a lot more that just the race.

A MXoN in California would be good idea.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
3/4/2020 3:43pm
It would be cool to see Ironman get it, but do they have the infrastructure? I'd also love to see Redbud get another crack at it in the dry, but I'd be cool with Glen Helen. I was at the 2015 GP and seeing Jessy Nelson lay waste to the 250s was amazing, plus a lot of the GP riders will have ridden there a few times by now to make it more fair. I'd also be interested to see what they could do with Daytona of given enough dirt and room. Basically I'm cool with dirt bike races in general.
motogrady
3/4/2020 3:58pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2020 4:03pm
lumpy790 wrote:
USA has had 4 MXoN’s.
cdm806 wrote:
lumpy790 wrote:
I was also at all 4 and Buds Creek number blows all the rest away. IMO at Budds Creek the people coming in became DC tourists...
I was also at all 4 and Buds Creek number blows all the rest away.

IMO at Budds Creek the people coming in became DC tourists for a couple days so they got a lot more that just the race.

A MXoN in California would be good idea.
I was at that one, and really, it’s almost unrealistic to expect another like that. It’s like the stars aligned or something. The weather was great, the fans, all of them were cool, the track, the party/camping, the drag races next door, the riders and the results, for us anyway, couldn’t have been better.

Yes, it’s a shame with the Glen Helen thing.
IMO, that’s one place where it could happen again.
If the juju was right, if somehow a wave
of good karma swept in, I’d book a flight for that one.
Racerman967
3/4/2020 4:14pm
Well we won at Thunder Valley, just saying. The fact that it is only 30 minutes from my house has no basis on my decision😂😉
WFO72
3/4/2020 5:46pm
Gatorback! Since the snafu has been resolved with the land owner since that GP mistake a few years back. Florida in late September or October would be good weather wise too.
ShipLap
3/4/2020 6:00pm
The weather was awful. If there is a next time, hopefully it will be better--much better.
Tbteam
3/4/2020 6:57pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
Your welcome for this guy asking DC the question. I would love it at Daytona myself but DC brought up some great points. I do agree...
Your welcome for this guy asking DC the question. I would love it at Daytona myself but DC brought up some great points. I do agree that Red Bud deserves another chance. Was at MXofN and at the national and the national proved to me there is no better facility on the schedule. I was at Thunder Valley, High Point, Red Bud and Ironman. All are great tracks!
I live 10 minutes from Daytona, and I wouldn’t want it in Daytona.
FlaNard
3/5/2020 1:16am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2020 1:16am
Haha I'm all in for Glen Helen. That style of track with the potential for absurd heat may be our only shot at winning one of these things. Evil

Post a reply to: 2022 RedBud MXoN?

The Latest