2022 RedBud MXoN?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/3/2020 9:55 AM

DC hinted at the next US based MXoN being at RedBud again on last nights Pulp MX show. What year do we think it’ll return to the US?

Would be awesome to have it at RedBud again. They did an awesome job hosting, even despite the weather.

|

3/3/2020 10:01 AM

Yes that would be awesome if it returned to RedBud. I was there and you're right, despite the weather is was a Super Cool Event.

|

Current rides-
1988 RM250
2019 KX450

3/3/2020 10:04 AM

How is it decided when the races are hosted? I would think Belgium or Germany would want it to come back soon.

|

3/3/2020 10:10 AM

I think that is dumb. Have it in the U.S. that's great, but Red Bud shouldn't have it for at least 10 years after the last one. Give it to someone else.

|

3/3/2020 10:19 AM

mx 219 wrote:

I think that is dumb. Have it in the U.S. that's great, but Red Bud shouldn't have it for at least 10 years after the last one. Give it to someone else.

Agreed, Millville, budds, lakewood all would be good choices that haven't had it just a year or two ago.

|

3/3/2020 10:22 AM

mx 219 wrote:

I think that is dumb. Have it in the U.S. that's great, but Red Bud shouldn't have it for at least 10 years after the last one. Give it to someone else.

I would think the organizers enjoy the familiarity and were impressed with the venue and how they were accommodating to the changes they requested. Also knowing the event was successful at that location is probably another favorable factor. I wouldn’t mind seeing it at another track either but someone has to have the facility and willingness.

I seem to remember reading somewhere they wanted to have a US based MXoN every X amount of years, I just can’t remember the number. 2022 would be 4 years.

|

3/3/2020 10:22 AM

You've got to consider the investment in an event to be able to host one of that scale. I.e. what money did RedBud spend to make the venue ready. What money might they spend if they knew they had the option to host more than one year.

Asking a different venue to host it is a lot. Perhaps its about establishing a place willing to host, able to host etc and the logic that RedBud every 3 - 5 years is better than no US round?

|

3/3/2020 10:24 AM

According to Rogers logic that’s gonna cost every team 300,000 USD to go to redbud bar the host.

|

3/3/2020 10:24 AM

Hell yeah! I hope the do it at redbud again. Even with the weather it was still awesome and Id like to see our guys get another crack at it there with better conditions.

|

3/3/2020 10:24 AM

I was at Red Bud and it was awesome because it was MXON but the track was so different that I think it’d be nice to have it there again hoping the weather will cooperate.

|

3/3/2020 10:34 AM

I am in Michigan and don't think it should be at Red Bud unless no other track wants it. An MXGP there would be awesome though.....July 4th weekend. I know the National is tradition but that would be so cool just once.

|

3/3/2020 10:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2020 5:46 PM

Would make sense, the des nations has not been a truly international event for well over a decade. Might as well go to the same 4-5 tracks over and over again.

|

3/3/2020 10:41 AM

DC's hint dropping is next level.

|

3/3/2020 11:56 AM

Glen Helen👍

|

“If you don’t crash alot, you just ain’t going fast enough” Chandler

3/3/2020 12:04 PM

aeffertz wrote:

DC hinted at the next US based MXoN being at RedBud again on last nights Pulp MX show. What year do we think it’ll return to the US?

Would be awesome to have it at RedBud again. They did an awesome job hosting, even despite the weather.

I was there, please not again. The promoters did what they could but it was a muddy shit show. Florida, Texas or California. Why host it at a facility that has such a high likely hood of the race being a mudder. Mud racing sucks for the riders and spectators.

|

3/3/2020 12:05 PM

As much as it would be nice to have it at a different US venue, Red Bud was perfect really. Pretty close to a major international airport, lots of places close by the track to stay. I’m sure it’s not the only US track that matches those criteria, but it’s already shown it can host the event

|

3/3/2020 12:05 PM

Pick somewhere with better more stable sept/oct weather.

|

3/3/2020 12:17 PM

I thought RedBud did a great job considering the muddy mess, but I'd rather see it go somewhere else.
I still have nightmares about people screaming "RED BUD"! Boy that got old FAST.

|

3/3/2020 12:18 PM

gantry25 wrote:

I was there, please not again. The promoters did what they could but it was a muddy shit show. Florida, Texas or California. Why host it at a facility that has such a high likely hood of the race being a mudder. Mud racing sucks for the riders and spectators.

Really? - It's rain calm down.


I'll take red bud mudder every time over west coast dirt - dusty hard pack bullshit dirt.


Florida probably rains more than michigan, texas doesn't have a national track, and cali dirt sucks.

|

3/3/2020 12:23 PM

they had their turn and shouldn't get another one for a while

|

3/3/2020 12:26 PM

danman wrote:

I thought RedBud did a great job considering the muddy mess, but I'd rather see it go somewhere else.
I still have nightmares about people screaming "RED BUD"! Boy that got old FAST.

I was over that ‘Red Buuud’ chant by about 4pm on Friday

|

3/3/2020 12:30 PM

bierbower105 wrote:

Really? - It's rain calm down.


I'll take red bud mudder every time over west coast dirt - dusty hard pack bullshit dirt.


Florida probably rains more than michigan, texas doesn't have a national track, and cali dirt sucks.

Just stating an opinion, didn't think I was getting excited. The rain leads to mud, mud racing sucks. You seriously would rather watch a mudder at RedBud than a dry race at say Freestone, Glen Helen, or Hangtown? California dirt doesn't suck nearly as bad as the mud at RedBud.

|

3/3/2020 12:30 PM

im fine with redbud, but they need to move the race earlier into september to have a decent shot at good weather.

What about WW ranch? didnt they have a GP there just a couple years ago? my only issue with that track (ive never been) would be that it doesnt have a great history, but obviously youthstream doesnt care about that. (ie Assen last year)

|

3/3/2020 12:49 PM

gantry25 wrote:

I was there, please not again. The promoters did what they could but it was a muddy shit show. Florida, Texas or California. Why host it at a facility that has such a high likely hood of the race being a mudder. Mud racing sucks for the riders and spectators.

bierbower105 wrote:

Really? - It's rain calm down.


I'll take red bud mudder every time over west coast dirt - dusty hard pack bullshit dirt.


Florida probably rains more than michigan, texas doesn't have a national track, and cali dirt sucks.

gantry25 wrote:

Just stating an opinion, didn't think I was getting excited. The rain leads to mud, mud racing sucks. You seriously would rather watch a mudder at RedBud than a dry race at say Freestone, Glen Helen, or Hangtown? California dirt doesn't suck nearly as bad as the mud at RedBud.

My point was more that it rains everywhere.We can't control that.


Hangtown has some famous mudders.


but yes I'm east coast dirt bias.


|

3/3/2020 1:10 PM

mx 219 wrote:

I think that is dumb. Have it in the U.S. that's great, but Red Bud shouldn't have it for at least 10 years after the last one. Give it to someone else.

aeffertz wrote:

I would think the organizers enjoy the familiarity and were impressed with the venue and how they were accommodating to the changes they requested. Also knowing the event was successful at that location is probably another favorable factor. I wouldn’t mind seeing it at another track either but someone has to have the facility and willingness.

I seem to remember reading somewhere they wanted to have a US based MXoN every X amount of years, I just can’t remember the number. 2022 would be 4 years.

Assuming a track had the infrastructure to handle the event what track operator in their right mind would turn down MXoN?

|

3/3/2020 2:11 PM

RedBud is cool... But.

I was there and that mud was a fucking shit show. I'd like to see somewhere else get a shot.

Could Washougal handle it? I would like to see it at Glen Helen myself, but there are still plenty of options.

However, if it goes back to RedBud, I'll probably be there again....

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

3/3/2020 2:18 PM

I would like to see RedBud get another shot and hopefully dry.

I'm not opposed to anywhere else either, I would love to go anyways.

I would hope that people would still come out to watch if they get a seconder.

|

3/3/2020 3:46 PM

mx 219 wrote:

I think that is dumb. Have it in the U.S. that's great, but Red Bud shouldn't have it for at least 10 years after the last one. Give it to someone else.

You mean let someone else pay to have it

|

3/3/2020 4:04 PM

I saw 5 gravel trains leaving Croom loaded with sand today that said "Red Bud or Bust" so I think they get another sooner rather than later.

|

3/3/2020 4:09 PM

Glen Helen for the US Team's best chances. It's windy and 104 degrees in San Bernardino in Sept/Oct. Mike Alessi, Blake Baggett and Josh Grant could win the whole thing. wink

|

Braaapin' aint easy.