2022 Kawasaki KX450SR (KYB suspension, and more...)

stax199
3/21/2022 5:53pm
Well after attempting to adjust bar position on my new unridden SR….. I could not get the xtrig bar clamps lower silver bars that slide out to “slide out”. The part that covers the bolt which holds the phds clamps to the top triple clamp The dealer tightened the phds bar clamp so much they bent ever so slightly and had to be tapped out with small flathead screw driver, then I placed the silver bar clamps upside down and tightened to re straighten. Only after staring at the bike while doin this i noticed the horrible weld job of the left neck on the frame. What do I do?? Is this frame in jeopardy of cracking? Collecting water and dirt?

kawasa84
3/22/2022 2:55am
Wow!! There is definitely some porosity at the front edge of that weld. Not to mention it just doesn't look like it penetrated the parent material enough either. I'm no expert though, but I've seen welds that look a lot better than this.
I can understand your concern.
Anaxdlere
3/22/2022 2:30pm
I took a picture of my weld on my new unridden SR. Here it is just for comparison to yours.

The Shop

stax199
3/22/2022 3:33pm
Anaxdlere wrote:
I took a picture of my weld on my new unridden SR. Here it is just for comparison to yours. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/03/22/539559/s1200_IMG_8014.jpg[/img]
I took a picture of my weld on my new unridden SR. Here it is just for comparison to yours.

Congrats on your bike! Ty for sharing looks like it has just a little of what my weld shows. My SR seems to look “worse” than yours. I lucked out with a corporate kawi service manager happening to visit my local KX dealer so they’ll inspect tomorrow and tell me if it’s normal or whatever the case may be…
Brosho
3/25/2022 9:42pm
Anaxdlere wrote:
I took a picture of my weld on my new unridden SR. Here it is just for comparison to yours. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/03/22/539559/s1200_IMG_8014.jpg[/img]

stax199 wrote:
Congrats on your bike! Ty for sharing looks like it has just a little of what my weld shows. My SR seems to look “worse” than...
Congrats on your bike! Ty for sharing looks like it has just a little of what my weld shows. My SR seems to look “worse” than yours. I lucked out with a corporate kawi service manager happening to visit my local KX dealer so they’ll inspect tomorrow and tell me if it’s normal or whatever the case may be…
I finally grabbed a flashlight to take indoor photos of those welds on my bike for you. Sorry it took so long. My Dog will be 19 if she makes it to May and the other day she had a seizure for the first time that I know of. It was scary. So I have been focused on her.

Here are photos of both sides.

Brosho
3/25/2022 9:45pm
As you can see I also took 1 pictures without a lot of lighting and the shadows in that area makes the weld look bad.
stax199
3/28/2022 1:26pm
Brosho wrote:
As you can see I also took 1 pictures without a lot of lighting and the shadows in that area makes the weld look bad.
thanks again.. i took a bright light and mine looks a lot better without shadow. The holes were more of a discoloration..
joeteamevo
3/29/2022 6:25am Edited Date/Time 3/29/2022 6:29am
My advice would be to take your steering stem and linkage apart to grease it. Kawasaki like most other brands are very light on the grease. These are photos of my SR with 3.3 hrs of run time on it. And of course use the best grease on the market Bel-Ray.

Brosho
3/29/2022 3:35pm
Brosho wrote:
stax199 wrote:
thanks again.. i took a bright light and mine looks a lot better without shadow. The holes were more of a discoloration..
Exactly I think what you saw that looked like a crack was the black residue from the welding process. It’s especially prominent from those welding machine robots.

Post a reply to: 2022 Kawasaki KX450SR (KYB suspension, and more...)

The Latest