2022 CRF250R

dfr136
Fantasy
921st
9/23/2021 11:19am
I did my linkage after first ride, it was greased pretty good from factory. Definitely tighten up the steering it was super loose.
sandtrack315
9/23/2021 1:52pm
Works Connection hour meter was a breeze to install. Honestly, I never messed with the mapping on my Yamaha, and this is easier to use, so not really missing the power tuner app. D'Cor graphics were super easy to install.

9/23/2021 8:57pm
soggy wrote:
I’m kinda surprised by the lack of media testing on this bike other then the Honda intro day. Perhaps I’ve just missed it but haven’t seen...
I’m kinda surprised by the lack of media testing on this bike other then the Honda intro day. Perhaps I’ve just missed it but haven’t seen much other then from that day.
Its cause its the same ole underpowered red bike its always been, they copied the austrian bikes looks in order to sell it. Same movie differnt screen bro.
9/24/2021 6:06am Edited Date/Time 9/24/2021 7:44am
Its cause its the same ole underpowered red bike its always been, they copied the austrian bikes looks in order to sell it. Same movie differnt...
Its cause its the same ole underpowered red bike its always been, they copied the austrian bikes looks in order to sell it. Same movie differnt screen bro.
Can a thread answer be sent to the dumbgeon alone?

The Shop

hubbardmx50
9/24/2021 12:25pm
soggy wrote:
I’m kinda surprised by the lack of media testing on this bike other then the Honda intro day. Perhaps I’ve just missed it but haven’t seen...
I’m kinda surprised by the lack of media testing on this bike other then the Honda intro day. Perhaps I’ve just missed it but haven’t seen much other then from that day.
Its cause its the same ole underpowered red bike its always been, they copied the austrian bikes looks in order to sell it. Same movie differnt...
When did you test the bike?
9/25/2021 3:31pm
7.1 hours on the bike and already leaking oil by the clutch lifter seal, never had this issue before, weird.

Otherwise, the bike is a blast to ride, I feel like I am a bit faster lap time-wise.
Subotai
9/26/2021 6:54am
soggy wrote:
When did you test the bike?
Checkmate goes to Hubbard.
sandtrack315
9/26/2021 7:36am
fredmotokx wrote:
7.1 hours on the bike and already leaking oil by the clutch lifter seal, never had this issue before, weird. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/09/25/511923/s1200_20210925_132544.jpg[/img] Otherwise, the bike is a...
7.1 hours on the bike and already leaking oil by the clutch lifter seal, never had this issue before, weird.

Otherwise, the bike is a blast to ride, I feel like I am a bit faster lap time-wise.
Is that seal easy to replace?
RCMXracing
9/26/2021 9:09am
fredmotokx wrote:
7.1 hours on the bike and already leaking oil by the clutch lifter seal, never had this issue before, weird. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/09/25/511923/s1200_20210925_132544.jpg[/img] Otherwise, the bike is a...

Is that truly a leak? Oil running out? Seals need some lubrication or they would dry out, become brittle and fail completely right?
Spraying my bike with SC1 collects more dirt than that.
J2s
9/26/2021 9:23am
RCMXracing wrote:
Is that truly a leak? Oil running out? Seals need some lubrication or they would dry out, become brittle and fail completely right? Spraying my bike...
Is that truly a leak? Oil running out? Seals need some lubrication or they would dry out, become brittle and fail completely right?
If you zoom in you can see oil leaking by
9/26/2021 3:14pm
fredmotokx wrote:

RCMXracing wrote:
Is that truly a leak? Oil running out? Seals need some lubrication or they would dry out, become brittle and fail completely right? Spraying my bike...
Yeah definitively a leak, there was a small puddle of oil on my stand.

It should be a simple job, just a bummer I have to do it on a brand new bike.
Moto520
9/26/2021 3:17pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2021 3:40pm
fredmotokx wrote:
Yeah definitively a leak, there was a small puddle of oil on my stand. It should be a simple job, just a bummer I have to...

I would at least talk to your dealer and see if they will help at all! Easy to fix but I agree….it kind of blows to have to deal with it
sandtrack315
9/27/2021 4:03am
fredmotokx wrote:
Yeah definitively a leak, there was a small puddle of oil on my stand. It should be a simple job, just a bummer I have to...

Moto520 wrote:
I would at least talk to your dealer and see if they will help at all! Easy to fix but I agree….it kind of blows to...
I would at least talk to your dealer and see if they will help at all! Easy to fix but I agree….it kind of blows to have to deal with it
Agreed, I’d at least pay full for the parts and hope they do the job for free / at a discount.
9/27/2021 7:13am
TwinAir power flow kit installed. Was a bit trickier to install than on my Yamaha, but damn it looks good and I know the performance (both...
TwinAir power flow kit installed. Was a bit trickier to install than on my Yamaha, but damn it looks good and I know the performance (both filtration and HP) are optimal.
Any idea of of the weight difference between the oem and powerflow setups? I'm keen to pull the trigger but not much info out there yet... How much/many oem parts had to be removed?
sandtrack315
9/27/2021 7:35am
Charles222 wrote:
Any idea of of the weight difference between the oem and powerflow setups? I'm keen to pull the trigger but not much info out there yet...
Any idea of of the weight difference between the oem and powerflow setups? I'm keen to pull the trigger but not much info out there yet... How much/many oem parts had to be removed?
OEM backfire screen is removed, as well as the filter, filter cage, and the wire clamp. I would guess the TwinAir setup shaves off maybe 3-4 ounces at most?
sandtrack315
9/27/2021 7:38am
grunkster wrote:
what is wrong with OEM?
Nothing really. With the TwinAir power flow kit, you get a tighter seal, increased airflow, and the ability to shove some towels in your airbox and really seal the wash cover on with a screw instead of the clip thing.

You could always just remove the screen, but only the TwinAir filters that comes with the power flow kit are flame retardant on the inside, so you'd have the small small chance of catching your bike on fire.
sandtrack315
9/27/2021 10:32am
Anyone else find the chain slack drawing and specs in the manual odd? Before riding at all, I measure 70mm at the back of the chain guide (this is where I am used to measuring, the thick arrow). However, if I look at where the drawing suggests to measure (the two thinner arrows), it is almost 90. Did they mess this up in the manual?
wrc777
Fantasy
783rd
9/27/2021 10:52am
If you follow the manual as shown in your picture the chain is way too tight.
9/27/2021 11:35am
Sorry guys im an idiot and the bike is really awesome just rode mine today, picked it up and rode it and all i can say is its awesome.

🍑🔫
RGaede
9/27/2021 11:44am
Anyone else find the chain slack drawing and specs in the manual odd? Before riding at all, I measure 70mm at the back of the chain...
Anyone else find the chain slack drawing and specs in the manual odd? Before riding at all, I measure 70mm at the back of the chain guide (this is where I am used to measuring, the thick arrow). However, if I look at where the drawing suggests to measure (the two thinner arrows), it is almost 90. Did they mess this up in the manual?
The small arrows have extension lines going back to where the thick arrow is. You measure at the thick arrow for chain adjustment.
9/27/2021 11:58am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2021 12:02pm
RGaede wrote:
The small arrows have extension lines going back to where the thick arrow is. You measure at the thick arrow for chain adjustment.
I don't think this is what they meant, I think they want us to push at the thick arrow and measure at the small arrow or anywhere along the line. Problem is the chain is never parallel to the swingarm as in the drawing and measurement vary very much. I explained it better in the thread I linked and the method doesn't make sense.

I use the past gen method, 35-45mm delta at the end of the chain slider.
wrc777
Fantasy
783rd
9/27/2021 2:18pm
Sorry guys im an idiot and the bike is really awesome just rode mine today, picked it up and rode it and all i can say...
Sorry guys im an idiot and the bike is really awesome just rode mine today, picked it up and rode it and all i can say is its awesome.

🍑🔫
So you bought one after assuming it is the same old slow Honda?
Mx451
9/27/2021 7:27pm
Sorry guys im an idiot and the bike is really awesome just rode mine today, picked it up and rode it and all i can say...

🍑🔫
wrc777 wrote:
Yeah I'm kinda lost on that one too....?
22Ryann
Fantasy
4080th
9/27/2021 7:49pm
Anyone else find the chain slack drawing and specs in the manual odd? Before riding at all, I measure 70mm at the back of the chain...
The thin arrows are showing the fact the chain should be parallel with the swingarm.
kiwifan
9/27/2021 8:23pm

🍑🔫
wrc777 wrote:
Mx451 wrote:
Yeah I'm kinda lost on that one too....?
and to be fair the 2021 wasnt exactly that slow, certainly it was very well suspended and handled very well....but down on low end power compared to one or two other brands
9/28/2021 1:49pm
Yea man its an awesome bike a whole lot better than the ktms, i mean dude the bike has so much power i didnt realize they changed it so much in the motor, i mean they really changed a lot, they changed the looks, the power, and it doesnt look made in china any longer. Its a real work of fart.

Post a reply to: 2022 CRF250R

The Latest