2022 CRF250R

sandtrack315
10/3/2022 3:20pm
Collin197 wrote:
Anyone on here have any leads on a rear subframe? Bent mine up pretty good but from what I can tell you can’t find them anywhere.
Ryan.Forbes@motosport.com

Tell him Max Bertolero referred you. He will get it as soon as anyone can…
Collin197
10/3/2022 3:26pm
Collin197 wrote:
Anyone on here have any leads on a rear subframe? Bent mine up pretty good but from what I can tell you can’t find them anywhere.
Ryan.Forbes@motosport.com

Tell him Max Bertolero referred you. He will get it as soon as anyone can…
I will email him! I appreciate it!
Collin197
10/4/2022 6:26am
Does anyone know what parts off the 450 fit the 250? Looking specifically at radiators. The part numbers are slightly different but I was under the assumption that all the chassis stuff was identical.
sandtrack315
10/4/2022 6:33am
Collin197 wrote:
Does anyone know what parts off the 450 fit the 250? Looking specifically at radiators. The part numbers are slightly different but I was under the...
Does anyone know what parts off the 450 fit the 250? Looking specifically at radiators. The part numbers are slightly different but I was under the assumption that all the chassis stuff was identical.
Ryan is super helpful with that kind of stuff too!

The Shop

fourfourone
10/4/2022 7:34am
Got back on the bike a few weeks ago after breaking my shoulder in the spring.

Got my sag set at 104-105 and the forks are 5mm up in the clamps(190 lbs). This is my first honda but damn its finicky with front end traction. If my body position is just a hair off it either bites to hard into the corners or it plows. I'm riding slower that usual right now because i'm still rehabbing my shoulder but any idea on how to make the front end less sensitive if that makes sense? Or is this just how the Honda chassis are?(my first honda)

wojo108
10/4/2022 8:10am
Got back on the bike a few weeks ago after breaking my shoulder in the spring. Got my sag set at 104-105 and the forks are...

Got my sag set at 104-105 and the forks are 5mm up in the clamps(190 lbs). This is my first honda but damn its finicky with front end traction. If my body position is just a hair off it either bites to hard into the corners or it plows. I'm riding slower that usual right now because i'm still rehabbing my shoulder but any idea on how to make the front end less sensitive if that makes sense? Or is this just how the Honda chassis are?(my first honda)

3mm fork height. 106 sag. If the chain moves the sag needs to be readjusted. It’s very important to keep the sag correct on a Honda. I can feel when mine gets off as much as 1mm. Once dialed it handles so good though.
wrc777
Fantasy
783rd
10/4/2022 8:14am
Got back on the bike a few weeks ago after breaking my shoulder in the spring. Got my sag set at 104-105 and the forks are...

I found moving the forks down can help with stability but you lose that super steering. In fact it feels like it pushes if you drop the forks very far from stock and you don’t gain that much traction. Stiffer springs might help make it less sensitive to your weight transfer.
fourfourone
10/4/2022 8:17am

wrc777 wrote:
I found moving the forks down can help with stability but you lose that super steering. In fact it feels like it pushes if you drop...
I found moving the forks down can help with stability but you lose that super steering. In fact it feels like it pushes if you drop the forks very far from stock and you don’t gain that much traction. Stiffer springs might help make it less sensitive to your weight transfer.
I deff know I'm on the cusp for weight being 190.

My normal weight is about 175-180 but I put on a few LBS sitting on the couch with this shattered shoulder lol.
MotoX 174
10/4/2022 9:16am
Collin197 wrote:
Does anyone know what parts off the 450 fit the 250? Looking specifically at radiators. The part numbers are slightly different but I was under the...
The rear wheel setup from the 450 fits, 2.15 rear rim on 450 better fit for a 110 rear tire for the 250.
fourfourone
10/4/2022 10:55am
When taking fork heights on the showa forks. When starting at 0mm to get the starting point do you use where the top cap meets the fork tube and set that flush with the clamps? I'm having a major brain fart right now haha.
10/4/2022 11:42am
When taking fork heights on the showa forks. When starting at 0mm to get the starting point do you use where the top cap meets the...
When taking fork heights on the showa forks. When starting at 0mm to get the starting point do you use where the top cap meets the fork tube and set that flush with the clamps? I'm having a major brain fart right now haha.
Yes. Set it level. I have the 450 and it calmed it down a lot for me. Also swapped to Pirrelli MX32mid soft. Haven't touched it since but I did get some tank slap hammering down a very bumpy hill into a berm last week end that worked my sphincter muscle pretty hard
sandtrack315
10/4/2022 5:51pm
When taking fork heights on the showa forks. When starting at 0mm to get the starting point do you use where the top cap meets the...
Yup, when the gold part is hidden, that’s 0mm. I’m at 1mm

I think it comes with the front end way too heavy and the forks too soft. Stiffer spring, 1 mm fork height, stiffer rear spring, and 108 sag. I have the FC revalve as well though. 165 pounds, decent speed.

To me it turns on a dime, the chassis is insanely predictable and planted in turns, and I only get a bit of head shake coming off throttle in super fast and rough sections. This is compared to the Yamaha, which had a vague front end, the chassis would get upset when getting in the throttle, but she was as stable as hell at speeds.
mike44
10/12/2022 1:49am
Seems there is no doubt that the Honda corner better than the yami....does anyone have already comparing the honda or even the yamaha to the KTM in this domain ?
Mikerides33
10/12/2022 3:35am Edited Date/Time 10/12/2022 4:17am
I owned a 21 yzf250. 6’ 175lb. Decent speed. I did raptor pegs (-7mm down) and taller seat. The yzf was great and I got it feeling really good. It’s stable. Like stated above that bike is as stable as they come. It’s not as nimble as a Honda-it doesn’t feel like a 125 like the Honda does . I own a 22crf 250 now and the bike feels like a mtn bike…..and you can wok with it and get it stable. The transmission is as smooth as silk and the controls are right there. The bike feels a little more flickable but since it steers in the front end you can really corner the shit out of it w confidence. The Yamaha is a more neutral chassis so you have to kinda just learn the front- trust that she is doing her thing even though you don’t feel it as much.
We sold my sons 85 ….he turned 13 yesterday. I would have never let him ride my yzf at the track- he should not be on anything but a 125 for a couple years but we are waiting till spring to purchase. That said he rode the crf250 beautifully all day yesterday at the track. Just smooth and beautiful in the corners. Food for thought. Kid weighs 118lbs. Nice chassis.
sam83
10/14/2022 2:08pm
Has anyone played with engine mount torque specs? What’s everyone running?
sam83
10/14/2022 2:52pm
jnelson397 wrote:
Have not played with torque specs however I did loosen all engine mount bolts/hangers along with swingarm nut and lifted engine up and back to take...
Have not played with torque specs however I did loosen all engine mount bolts/hangers along with swingarm nut and lifted engine up and back to take out slop in mounts and torqued to specs in manual. To me I can feel less vibration through pegs and bars.

https://www.dirtrider.com/story/racing/off-road-racebikes-ben-nelko-202…
Thanks. I did notice some vibration and wondered if it was linked to the torque specs
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
10/14/2022 3:14pm
jnelson397 wrote:
Have not played with torque specs however I did loosen all engine mount bolts/hangers along with swingarm nut and lifted engine up and back to take...
Have not played with torque specs however I did loosen all engine mount bolts/hangers along with swingarm nut and lifted engine up and back to take out slop in mounts and torqued to specs in manual. To me I can feel less vibration through pegs and bars.

Do you think it stays there or does it settle back in to where it was?
jnelson397
10/14/2022 3:28pm
jnelson397 wrote:

soggy wrote:
Do you think it stays there or does it settle back in to where it was?
Did this in June. Rechecked everything end of September and had not moved.
sam83
10/15/2022 8:13am
jnelson397 wrote:

Working on this now. How exactly did you go about tilting the engine, I’m having a hard time telling if it’s moving to where it should be or not. I know one degree isn’t much of a change visually. Lol

Also what torque specs are you using for the lower engine mount, the bolt/nut that attaches the bottom engine cases to the bottom of the frame. I can’t find any information on that spec. Thanks!
jnelson397
10/15/2022 8:34am
jnelson397 wrote:

sam83 wrote:
Working on this now. How exactly did you go about tilting the engine, I’m having a hard time telling if it’s moving to where it should...
Working on this now. How exactly did you go about tilting the engine, I’m having a hard time telling if it’s moving to where it should be or not. I know one degree isn’t much of a change visually. Lol

Also what torque specs are you using for the lower engine mount, the bolt/nut that attaches the bottom engine cases to the bottom of the frame. I can’t find any information on that spec. Thanks!
Once everything is loose take a pry bar or broom handle and rest on frame rails below engine right in front of lower engine mount bolt. Lift up until engine does not move up anymore. (Doesn’t take much at all).
Then while holding in position tighten hanger plate bolts to hold in place then torque to specs.

Swingarm nut: 65 ft pounds

Lower engine mount bot nut: 40 ft pounds

Front engine to frame plate bolts(4): 19 ft pounds

Front engine mount bolt nut: 40 ft pounds

Cylinder plate to frame bolts(4): 24 ft pounds

Cylinder plate to cylinder head bolts(2): 40 ft pounds

http://pulpmx.com/2021/03/30/mods-that-will-make-you-love-your-2021-hon…
sam83
10/15/2022 8:51am
Thanks man. Looking forward to see if it’ll make the chassis a bit more forgiving
Wolfey
10/15/2022 10:21am
Yup, when the gold part is hidden, that’s 0mm. I’m at 1mm I think it comes with the front end way too heavy and the forks...
Yup, when the gold part is hidden, that’s 0mm. I’m at 1mm

I think it comes with the front end way too heavy and the forks too soft. Stiffer spring, 1 mm fork height, stiffer rear spring, and 108 sag. I have the FC revalve as well though. 165 pounds, decent speed.

To me it turns on a dime, the chassis is insanely predictable and planted in turns, and I only get a bit of head shake coming off throttle in super fast and rough sections. This is compared to the Yamaha, which had a vague front end, the chassis would get upset when getting in the throttle, but she was as stable as hell at speeds.
Mine came back from FC and they recommended 2.5 mm . Suggested sag is 105-110. Sandtrack I believe we spoke here earlier in the year about our settings. Mine is set for a 170 lbs vet. I’m going to try your 1mm height on the forks and 108 sag.. I’ve had mine at 3mm and 106 sag. Appreciate the settings. I’m also going to try the engine mount torque procedure.
mxaniac
10/15/2022 12:27pm

I'm not positive but I think it's got 22mm offset triple clamps, 24mm would help with that. You can also adjust fork rebound. I run forks on my 450 flush with the top.
sandtrack315
10/15/2022 1:57pm
FC makes a linkage rod that is supposed to help with the rigidity a bit.
SoCalMX70
10/15/2022 2:12pm
Single biggest difference in "feel" of my '22 450 was through the 23.5mm Ride Engineering clamps. Made the front much more compliant and "plush". After that, proper suspension setup, which.... These bikes are very sensitive to tiny changes. It's magic once it's dialed.
Bert266
1/13/2023 5:53pm
COAL-TRAIN wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/10/31/516747/s1200_1018211753a.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/10/31/516746/s1200_1018211753.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/10/31/516748/s1200_1018211753d.jpg[/img]

How do i go about getting one of these?!!!!

bd
1/14/2023 5:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2023 5:08pm

Mine is all but finished - I want the electronic water pump!

2022 CRF 250R

- FC Shock and Forks Mods (Revalve & DCL)

- Engine by XPR (Port, CAM, Piston, Springs, etc)

- Vortex ECU with XPR mapping (Pro 6 Fuel)

- Hinson Cluth

- TI Exhaust by Yosh

- MotoStuff o/s rotor and 

- DID Rims and Talon Hubs

- TI & Carbon goodies

By far the baddest bike I've ridden.  It barks!  Special thanks to Tony B for doing the work!

2022 CRF250R 01.jpg?VersionId=eZsVp6ZQte6pBwS4WWg

sandtrack315
1/14/2023 5:38pm
bd wrote:
Mine is all but finished - I want the electronic water pump! 2022 CRF 250R - FC Shock and Forks Mods (Revalve & DCL) - Engine...

2022 CRF 250R

- Hinson Cluth

- TI Exhaust by Yosh

- TI & Carbon goodies

By far the baddest bike I've ridden.  It barks!  Special thanks to Tony B for doing the work!

That’s a killer set up. Why didn’t you go for the FC pull rod? Stock springs?

bd
1/14/2023 5:47pm
bd wrote:
Mine is all but finished - I want the electronic water pump! 2022 CRF 250R - FC Shock and Forks Mods (Revalve & DCL) - Engine...

2022 CRF 250R

- Hinson Cluth

- TI Exhaust by Yosh

- TI & Carbon goodies

That’s a killer set up. Why didn’t you go for the FC pull rod? Stock springs?

FC kept the stock rear spring.  I just emailed FC to see if they have the pull rods in stock.  

Post a reply to: 2022 CRF250R

The Latest