2022 A1 Start Loop and Holeshot Jump Section

tmphotoart
Fantasy
1144th
Edited Date/Time 1/4/2022 7:05pm
The 2022 A1 Start Loop will help cut down on the mayhem at the starts by opening up the field before they hit a rhythm section but what about that Holeshot Line \ Double Jump Section?

It's going to be a bigger game of chicken than a normal first turn as the top starters are going for the holeshot and hitting the angled jump side-by-side. I can see guys colliding or just fly off track with that odd angle.

Why don't they put the Holeshot Line after the sweeper, midway from the jump so the guys don't kill each other blitzing at full speed to that odd jump section? Or just take out the double?

|
Ryan625
1/3/2022 9:49pm
Should be pretty interesting. I predict some crashes and onely the top 3-5 jump is clean off the start
mx313
1/3/2022 10:01pm
Meh. It looks tiny. Only issue it's on a small angle.
Inside will have a massive advantage on that turn. U don't want to be wide or your night could be done easily.
I think it's more odd to have a tunnel jump straight up especially if the riders have to check up to not over jump. The 10th places guys could be hitting back wheels very easily
RalphS
1/4/2022 12:13am
They'll adjust that once or twice before the night show. It won't be like in the pic.

The Shop

Freddy
1/4/2022 4:22am
Putting that holeshot line anywhere else wont change anything because there is no money or points awarded. Guys Will Still be going for position over that jump anyway.
SFellure33
1/4/2022 4:27am
Im sure they will adjust it 2-3 times throughout the day and by the night show it will be just fine.

And, I dont see that being much different than any other Holeshot/Jump section. These guys are the best in the world, they will figure it out.

Does anyone remeber the first turn double at Indy 2009? Chad Reed launched it at the start of the race, which ultimately lead to him winning the race. If you start at the 20 minute mark, you can see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikn-pZGw6GM
CPR
1/4/2022 5:33am
SFellure33 wrote:
Im sure they will adjust it 2-3 times throughout the day and by the night show it will be just fine. And, I dont see that...
Im sure they will adjust it 2-3 times throughout the day and by the night show it will be just fine.

And, I dont see that being much different than any other Holeshot/Jump section. These guys are the best in the world, they will figure it out.

Does anyone remeber the first turn double at Indy 2009? Chad Reed launched it at the start of the race, which ultimately lead to him winning the race. If you start at the 20 minute mark, you can see it here:

Forgot about that, was nearly a Stew like move.
1/4/2022 5:49am
I notice a few things on track maps every year that I know won't be the same. I know they aren't exact, but why even put that in the track map when everyone knows it won't be a little jump there come night show.
cdoggy81
1/4/2022 5:51am
SFellure33 wrote:
Im sure they will adjust it 2-3 times throughout the day and by the night show it will be just fine. And, I dont see that...

That & the gift of Stewart falling over with 4 laps to go... 😂
RG1
1/4/2022 6:26am
It doesn’t make any difference where you put the holeshot line, guys just want to lead the race, they don’t give a shit about the holeshot award
CPR
1/4/2022 4:42pm
SFellure33 wrote:

cdoggy81 wrote:
If you mean losing the front trying to run the pace required, sure! 😂
cdoggy81
1/4/2022 5:42pm
SFellure33 wrote:

cdoggy81 wrote:
CPR wrote:
If you mean losing the front trying to run the pace required, sure! 😂
Some say six, some say half dozen.... 😎😆
TeamGreen
1/4/2022 6:09pm
Huh? I look at that start and I'm thinking Barcia is STOKED!

Post a reply to: 2022 A1 Start Loop and Holeshot Jump Section

The Latest