2021 or 2022 SX schedule

langhammx
Fantasy
455th
Edited Date/Time 7/10/2019 5:26am
So now that everyone is trying to digest the 2020 SX schedule, let’s adress the rumors going around about the SX races that are being discussed for the near future.

There were lots of talk about SX adding rounds to the schedule and even the nationals going away all together. I believe DC commented on these rumors and there was “some” truth to them.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on the reality of the SX series racing in another country. It’s obviously not very convenient, but I suppose there’s money involved to make it an option for Feld ? But it’s going to keep the privateers from competing, for the most part. Let’s hear it... who’s got the “real story” on this ??
|
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
7/9/2019 3:12pm
Why don't you start by sharing the "rumors going around", and then we can discuss. Not everyone listens to podcasts.
DC
7/9/2019 3:32pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2019 3:33pm
langhammx wrote:
So now that everyone is trying to digest the 2020 SX schedule, let’s adress the rumors going around about the SX races that are being discussed...
So now that everyone is trying to digest the 2020 SX schedule, let’s adress the rumors going around about the SX races that are being discussed for the near future.

There were lots of talk about SX adding rounds to the schedule and even the nationals going away all together. I believe DC commented on these rumors and there was “some” truth to them.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on the reality of the SX series racing in another country. It’s obviously not very convenient, but I suppose there’s money involved to make it an option for Feld ? But it’s going to keep the privateers from competing, for the most part. Let’s hear it... who’s got the “real story” on this ??
No, there was no truth to any rumor that the nationals were going away. There was some talk of supercross expansion, but that faded away when it became apparent that the OEM teams will only do 29 races between the two series, and their budgets are to race within the U.S. I think 17 SX rounds and 12 MX rounds works out well and will continue to so long as we are all able to all put on quality events.

As for as SX goes, I know it's very complicated for them to weigh stadium availability with weather and travel patterns, as well as costs, plus traditional dates like Anaheim, Daytona and Las Vegas. I am excited about some of the changes they made for 2020.

DC
Racer X

SlowestLapper
Fantasy
737th
7/9/2019 3:47pm
langhammx wrote:
So now that everyone is trying to digest the 2020 SX schedule, let’s adress the rumors going around about the SX races that are being discussed...

DC wrote:
No, there was no truth to any rumor that the nationals were going away. There was some talk of supercross expansion, but that faded away when...
No, there was no truth to any rumor that the nationals were going away. There was some talk of supercross expansion, but that faded away when it became apparent that the OEM teams will only do 29 races between the two series, and their budgets are to race within the U.S. I think 17 SX rounds and 12 MX rounds works out well and will continue to so long as we are all able to all put on quality events.

As for as SX goes, I know it's very complicated for them to weigh stadium availability with weather and travel patterns, as well as costs, plus traditional dates like Anaheim, Daytona and Las Vegas. I am excited about some of the changes they made for 2020.

DC
Racer X

DC
What changes exactly are you excited about?
tp4
7/9/2019 3:48pm
DC your schedule for the nationals is foolish ..you zigzag these riders across the country like gas is 50 cents a gallon..
how about start Washougal...then go south and across..or better yet start east and go west...its mind boggling it continues!

The Shop

DC
7/9/2019 4:00pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2019 4:02pm
tp4 wrote:
DC your schedule for the nationals is foolish ..you zigzag these riders across the country like gas is 50 cents a gallon.. how about start Washougal...then...
DC your schedule for the nationals is foolish ..you zigzag these riders across the country like gas is 50 cents a gallon..
how about start Washougal...then go south and across..or better yet start east and go west...its mind boggling it continues!
Washougal doesn't want to go first, it wants to stay on it's traditional date, and they have issues with permitting on other parts of the calendar. Hangtown is first and can't really go on Memorial Day because it has to be free and open Memorial Day Weekend as a California State Park, and then afterwards it's too dry to stick them anywhere else. RedBud is July Fourth weekend and has been successful for a very long time. So are other tracks on other traditional dates...

We try to go west to east -- CA, CA, CO and then east -- because the teams are all based out there, and supercross ends out there. But there is nothing you can do about Washougal being way up there by itself and in late July.

Every event has local competition on the calendar, whether it's a music festival, car race, football game... The schedule we have is the best balance we could come up with for 2019. The record rider turnout we've had, as well as the crowds, have been very good.

DC
Racer X
peltier626
7/9/2019 4:11pm
I propose 12 rounds of sx and 12 rounds outdoors with numerous breaks throughout each series and one month between sx and mx. I think that would result in a healthier and longer career for these riders and the sport.But I'm just a casual fan not someone who actually matters and it's just my perceptual opinion.
DC
7/9/2019 4:17pm
langhammx wrote:

DC wrote:
No, there was no truth to any rumor that the nationals were going away. There was some talk of supercross expansion, but that faded away when...

DC
Racer X

DC
Big fan of Detroit as a destination, intrigued by a new closing round (even if it is in the opposite mold as Sin City) and I've never been to Gillette Stadium, so I will take this chance to head to New England... Not sure about STL second, and I loved my visit to Nashville last year, so I wish it were back, but will replace that with going to the Denver SX for the first time ever.

DC
Racer X
BAD10
7/9/2019 4:32pm
What about that rumored SX round on Mars in 2030?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/9/2019 4:33pm
When in St. Louis, visit Pappy’s Smokehouse. You can thank me later.
ledger
7/9/2019 4:41pm
DC wrote:
Big fan of Detroit as a destination, intrigued by a new closing round (even if it is in the opposite mold as Sin City) and I've...
Big fan of Detroit as a destination, intrigued by a new closing round (even if it is in the opposite mold as Sin City) and I've never been to Gillette Stadium, so I will take this chance to head to New England... Not sure about STL second, and I loved my visit to Nashville last year, so I wish it were back, but will replace that with going to the Denver SX for the first time ever.

DC
Racer X
DC, any particular reason why Nashville backed out ? The attendance looked good and the racing was good as well.
mxtech1
7/9/2019 7:19pm
Im sure Feld negotiated a hell of a discount on the Dome in St Louis now that the Rams are out. There are few major events that utilize the dome like a pro sporting event throughout the year. At this point, it's probably just a huge cost burden and I'm sure they were willing to deeply negotiate costs. It would be interesting to see how much cheaper Feld gets the rent for the week compared to several years ago.

Too bad they wouldn't profit share increased revenue with their "rider-contractors"
MotoMo165
7/9/2019 7:25pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X

DC
DC wrote:
Big fan of Detroit as a destination, intrigued by a new closing round (even if it is in the opposite mold as Sin City) and I've...

DC
Racer X
Do you know the spectator count at redbud? I was there and it seemed like a pretty good amount.
dirtdog36
7/9/2019 7:29pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
ledger wrote:
DC, any particular reason why Nashville backed out ? The attendance looked good and the racing was good as well.
Would love to know this too. Seemed like everyone loved that round...
Dcope17
7/9/2019 7:33pm
Supercross back to STL... awesome!
Crush
7/9/2019 7:42pm
There's loads of factors in these schedules but damn every time they're released I feel bad for the teams and truck drivers.

Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
7/9/2019 7:45pm
GuyB wrote:
While that sounds great for those able to visit. I am thinking the privateers won't have the money to spare to visit Pappy's because they have to save for fuel costs in going across the nation three times.

SO? Is what is not being said that the promoters are going to pay the riders more money in winnings upcoming? Because that could be the only thing that would make sense here. Are contingencies increasing as much as the cost of gas at the pump?

OR they are just so tired of running the show that the current promoters want to intentionally torpedo the show so that someone steps up and starts another series that doesn't bend over for WADA, FIM and the AMA?

This whole schedule seems like a RED idea.

Dcope17
7/9/2019 7:47pm
Crush wrote:
There's loads of factors in these schedules but damn every time they're released I feel bad for the teams and truck drivers.

I agree there, Anaheim, STL then back to Anaheim? I didn't believe it when my wife text me the schedule at work.
Meister
7/9/2019 8:22pm
I think its shitty. Also blows that the sx futures events aren't in Indy, ATL, or Atlanta.
Brett_Clark
7/9/2019 9:00pm
GuyB wrote:
Tiki wrote:
While that sounds great for those able to visit. I am thinking the privateers won't have the money to spare to visit Pappy's because they have...
While that sounds great for those able to visit. I am thinking the privateers won't have the money to spare to visit Pappy's because they have to save for fuel costs in going across the nation three times.

SO? Is what is not being said that the promoters are going to pay the riders more money in winnings upcoming? Because that could be the only thing that would make sense here. Are contingencies increasing as much as the cost of gas at the pump?

OR they are just so tired of running the show that the current promoters want to intentionally torpedo the show so that someone steps up and starts another series that doesn't bend over for WADA, FIM and the AMA?

Doing some basic math and estimating these guys moto rigs getting an avg 15 mpg at 3.00 per gallon it would cost them 375 to 400 one way. So 800 total for just fuel, throw in a hotel for some, race fuel, fees, food and beverages and you're looking at a 1200 to 1500 weekend to race st Louis.
8tensolutions
7/9/2019 9:33pm
GuyB wrote:
Tiki wrote:
While that sounds great for those able to visit. I am thinking the privateers won't have the money to spare to visit Pappy's because they have...

Doing some basic math and estimating these guys moto rigs getting an avg 15 mpg at 3.00 per gallon it would cost them 375 to 400...
Doing some basic math and estimating these guys moto rigs getting an avg 15 mpg at 3.00 per gallon it would cost them 375 to 400 one way. So 800 total for just fuel, throw in a hotel for some, race fuel, fees, food and beverages and you're looking at a 1200 to 1500 weekend to race st Louis.
This is the highest level of MX competition in the world, If the PROFESSIONAL does not have the support or means to effectively travel and maintain themselves and the equipment, they shouldn't be there. May not be popular, but you don't see Billy load up his Impala and head to the Daytona 500.
mysterion117
7/9/2019 10:11pm
Probably not likely but a race in Chicago at Soldier Field would be awesome. It’d have to be later April though, since there’s no roof
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
7/9/2019 11:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2019 11:22pm
This is the highest level of MX competition in the world, If the PROFESSIONAL does not have the support or means to effectively travel and maintain...
This is the highest level of MX competition in the world, If the PROFESSIONAL does not have the support or means to effectively travel and maintain themselves and the equipment, they shouldn't be there. May not be popular, but you don't see Billy load up his Impala and head to the Daytona 500.
^^^ He isn't wrong.

EDIT: The first 3 rounds are beyond assinine IMHO.
Brett_Clark
7/10/2019 12:49am
This is the highest level of MX competition in the world, If the PROFESSIONAL does not have the support or means to effectively travel and maintain...
avidchimp wrote:
^^^ He isn't wrong.

EDIT: The first 3 rounds are beyond assinine IMHO.
This sport isnt even close to being professional. We cant even have consistent penalties for off track excursions, drug testing, rough riding etc. Also billy does show up on subpar equipment with minimal support at Daytona all the time. They just dont make the race. But to expect any rider or team to run that schedule is bullshit if you ask me
chrisg19
Fantasy
4437th
7/10/2019 5:26am
peltier626 wrote:
I propose 12 rounds of sx and 12 rounds outdoors with numerous breaks throughout each series and one month between sx and mx. I think that...
I propose 12 rounds of sx and 12 rounds outdoors with numerous breaks throughout each series and one month between sx and mx. I think that would result in a healthier and longer career for these riders and the sport.But I'm just a casual fan not someone who actually matters and it's just my perceptual opinion.
I like the idea of a shorter SX season. 12 races is plenty. Would love to see your 12 and 12, while bringing back a short Trans-AMA in the fall. I know it would never happen, but I used to like when some of the top Euros would come over and compete after the main series were over. Just wouldn’t want to see it in some stadium, it would have to be outdoors.
7/10/2019 6:12am
peltier626 wrote:
I propose 12 rounds of sx and 12 rounds outdoors with numerous breaks throughout each series and one month between sx and mx. I think that...
chrisg19 wrote:
I like the idea of a shorter SX season. 12 races is plenty. Would love to see your 12 and 12, while bringing back a short...
I like the idea of a shorter SX season. 12 races is plenty. Would love to see your 12 and 12, while bringing back a short Trans-AMA in the fall. I know it would never happen, but I used to like when some of the top Euros would come over and compete after the main series were over. Just wouldn’t want to see it in some stadium, it would have to be outdoors.
I would love to see the both series even also !

The best would be 14 SX Races and 14 MX Races.

And you add the MXON early September and move the MEC to the end of October.

Like that every one is happy and the riders get some time off between the MXON and MEC.

On the MXGP side, Luongo should start the calendaar begining of February and end it on the same weekend the nationals end. Like that nobody has the edge on the calendaar for the MXON.

That would be a perfect world for our sport but it will never happen
Racerman967
7/10/2019 9:18am
Oh you will get the factory teams, But don't be surprised when you have 25 250's and 30 450's show up. If you aren't running for a championship why spend 1500 for a chance to win 700? when you can take a week off and spend that on the next 3 rounds combined.

If St Louis is WC round you will have very low rider attendance IMO
Dcope17
7/10/2019 7:56pm
Oh you will get the factory teams, But don't be surprised when you have 25 250's and 30 450's show up. If you aren't running for...
Oh you will get the factory teams, But don't be surprised when you have 25 250's and 30 450's show up. If you aren't running for a championship why spend 1500 for a chance to win 700? when you can take a week off and spend that on the next 3 rounds combined.

If St Louis is WC round you will have very low rider attendance IMO
STL has been East coast if I remember right. Also was thinking they might be wanting the start both the east and west rather than waiting like 6 weeks for the first east coast SX. I can't say as to why they would want to do that... just sayin' though.

Post a reply to: 2021 or 2022 SX schedule

The Latest