2021 ktm or gasgas 450?

greg570
Which one to get?? Only 200 difference in price... I like the red frame but do not know if the gasgas gets the new improved 21 forks and shock...
|
PTshox
10/19/2020 11:14am
Personally - I like the red color. But is it spec'd the same??
Johnny Ringo
10/19/2020 11:16am
What color do you like?

I have the same problem picking out bell peppers at the grocery store
tek14
10/19/2020 11:18am
Gasgas have cheaper spec parts like wheels and so on. Price difference should be around 10% not 200e.

The Shop

MZ193
10/19/2020 11:29am
If the difference is 200€ i'd pick the ktm.
If the difference will be 800€ i'd pick the gasgas.
Bambam
LungButter
10/19/2020 2:50pm
tek14 wrote:
Gasgas have cheaper spec parts like wheels and so on. Price difference should be around 10% not 200e.
I hope you're right.
nskerb
10/19/2020 2:59pm
What color do you like?

I get one of each. Red, orange yellow. But the green ones are really bad. I don’t know if it’s a mind thing, but I think they taste like wood.
ZOBITO
10/19/2020 3:03pm
greg570 wrote:
Which one to get?? Only 200 difference in price... I like the red frame but do not know if the gasgas gets the new improved 21...
Which one to get?? Only 200 difference in price... I like the red frame but do not know if the gasgas gets the new improved 21 forks and shock...
From what I see on euro websites, it's more like 900$ over there...
philG
10/19/2020 3:11pm
What color do you like?

Thats funny as fuck.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/19/2020 3:16pm
What color do you like?

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
That was a good one!
Brent
10/19/2020 4:59pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2020 5:06pm
The KTM has a much better stock exhaust. and better wheels, if they are producing the pre production model they showed in their intro video. Also I don't think the GasGas has the handlebar map switch, traction control, or start mode, but Im not certain - they don't have the map switch on the pre production bike photos anyway.

I have the 21 KTM 450 SXF and its a very good motorcycle...
TeamGreen
10/19/2020 5:34pm
Brent wrote:
The KTM has a much better stock exhaust. and better wheels, if they are producing the pre production model they showed in their intro video. Also...
The KTM has a much better stock exhaust. and better wheels, if they are producing the pre production model they showed in their intro video. Also I don't think the GasGas has the handlebar map switch, traction control, or start mode, but Im not certain - they don't have the map switch on the pre production bike photos anyway.

On the pipe: isn't just the header different in that it doesn't have a chamber?

Also, the Map/TC switch is an option on the GasGas and simply plugs in. Oh, and, the GasGas triple clamps are the same as on some of the KTM enduro models.

Here in the US they're $800 less (MC450F: $9,399 v. 450 SX-F: $10,199).
Brent
10/19/2020 6:49pm
Brent wrote:
The KTM has a much better stock exhaust. and better wheels, if they are producing the pre production model they showed in their intro video. Also...

TeamGreen wrote:
On the pipe: isn't just the header different in that it doesn't have a chamber? Also, the Map/TC switch is an option on the GasGas and...

Also, the Map/TC switch is an option on the GasGas and simply plugs in. Oh, and, the GasGas triple clamps are the same as on some of the KTM enduro models.

I guess you can add all the KTM stuff to the GasGas if it is available.

I'm just basing this off of the intro video from last month, who knows if the production bikes will have the same things as the pre production units they show. Like most people I've never seen one up close and in person, although they are probably out there somewhere or else the team won't have anything to practice on.

Maybe Barcia will show up on one tomorrow at Pala, its factory practice day Tuesdays.

The big question for me is does it feel the same as a KTM, or a Husqvarna, or a mix of both? Husky has gone it's own way this year with the different suspension and all.

... not ever sure who the Gas Gas dealer is around SoCal ? I guess we will see around November ...
CCicero
10/20/2020 8:43am
Brent wrote:
I guess you can add all the KTM stuff to the GasGas if it is available. I'm just basing this off of the intro video from...

I'm just basing this off of the intro video from last month, who knows if the production bikes will have the same things as the pre production units they show. Like most people I've never seen one up close and in person, although they are probably out there somewhere or else the team won't have anything to practice on.

Maybe Barcia will show up on one tomorrow at Pala, its factory practice day Tuesdays.

The big question for me is does it feel the same as a KTM, or a Husqvarna, or a mix of both? Husky has gone it's own way this year with the different suspension and all.

... not ever sure who the Gas Gas dealer is around SoCal ? I guess we will see around November ...
There are multiple GasGas dealers in socal already up and running with TXT models on the floor.
AEO, GP Motorcycles, 3 Brothers, and Thousand Oaks.
TeamGreen
10/20/2020 9:53am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2020 9:54am
Brent wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
On the pipe: isn't just the header different in that it doesn't have a chamber? Also, the Map/TC switch is an option on the GasGas and...

Brent wrote:
I guess you can add all the KTM stuff to the GasGas if it is available. I'm just basing this off of the intro video from...

Didn't someone say their rims were different or implied that they're "cheaper"?

The map-switch is listed on their site as an accessory along with plenty of other goodies like Akro pipes and such.
dcg141
10/20/2020 11:08am
They are supposed to be DID rims with no name on them.

Post a reply to: 2021 ktm or gasgas 450?

The Latest