2021 Supercross Champion - who will it be?

ATKpilot99
1/12/2021 8:20am
Falcon wrote:
I have a feeling this is Roczen's last opportunity for a SX title. If it doesn't happen in '21, it will be too late. If he...
I have a feeling this is Roczen's last opportunity for a SX title. If it doesn't happen in '21, it will be too late. If he feels the same and rides the way he'll need to, I think he can do it.

The old guard is just about done. Tomac, Roczen, Musquin, Anderson and Barcia are all on the backside of their career peaks, and the slow decline to retirement has begun. I'm not saying they can't win, or even that they can't take a title, but the window is closing fast. In '22 I think Supercross will be the Webb, Osborne and Cianciarulo show, with a dash of Ferrandis. We might even see that in '21.
Osborne is older than those guys as has been racing for a long time . Granted he seems to have found a resurgence but in 2022 ? We'll see . Father time is undefeated.
Teej317
Fantasy
2060th
1/12/2021 8:27am
Unbelievably stacked field. No more privateer journeymen in these main events anymore. Normal podium guys are going to settle for top 5s...top 5 guys will have to settle for top 10s...so on and so on. I like Webb for the championship, he knows how to play the long game. My notes are showing that Malcolm is going to win 2 main events this year. Also, Max Anstie is going to surprise with multiple top 10s.
luke11
Fantasy
2263rd
1/12/2021 8:29am
I couldn’t even answer the question who do I WANT to win let alone who do I think will actually win.
Stacked field with loads of great riders and personalities.
Should be a good season.
Chadcha139
Fantasy
2092nd
1/12/2021 8:43am
Coop. Highest race IQ I’ve seen. He’s playing chess when the others are playing checkers. Also, name me someone other than him that you genuinely believe hates to lose.

The Shop

1/12/2021 9:20am
Chadcha139 wrote:
Coop. Highest race IQ I’ve seen. He’s playing chess when the others are playing checkers. Also, name me someone other than him that you genuinely believe...
Coop. Highest race IQ I’ve seen. He’s playing chess when the others are playing checkers. Also, name me someone other than him that you genuinely believe hates to lose.
I think they all hate losing..
1/12/2021 9:45am
Chadcha139 wrote:
Coop. Highest race IQ I’ve seen. He’s playing chess when the others are playing checkers. Also, name me someone other than him that you genuinely believe...
Plus, Cooper does not get intimidated.
Forty
1/12/2021 9:49am
On paper Coop looks like a solid choice.

I do like the way Chase Sexton is managing his approach. I look for him to be right in the mix.
Chadcha139
Fantasy
2092nd
1/12/2021 9:52am
Chadcha139 wrote:
If they say, “happy to be up on the box”, I’m not sure they hate losing. It’s a rare red ass who is pissed finishing behind anyone. #hurricane
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
1/12/2021 10:04am
str8line wrote:
It's AC's time.
Yup, AC is also very consistent at getting good starts which will equate to podiums and I believe he will make less mistakes this time round.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/12/2021 10:05am
Chadcha139 wrote:
Ferrandis hates to lose. It'll be his rookie season and he's coming off an injury, so it'll be interesting where he fits in.

2022 should be great.
1/12/2021 10:37am
Chadcha139 wrote:
Chadcha139 wrote:
If they say, “happy to be up on the box”, I’m not sure they hate losing. It’s a rare red ass who is pissed finishing behind...
If they say, “happy to be up on the box”, I’m not sure they hate losing. It’s a rare red ass who is pissed finishing behind anyone. #hurricane
Webb’s biggest asset the year he won the title was his ability to put it on the box nearly every week while his competition couldn’t.
Johnny Depp
1/12/2021 10:45am
MX Culture wrote:
Can't believe nobody has said Zacho yet. Won the last SX of the year and then killed it outdoors. Looks like he had a good off...
Can't believe nobody has said Zacho yet.
Won the last SX of the year and then killed it outdoors.
Looks like he had a good off season too.
As many of you know, I'm a Yam guy and I'm rooting for them (c'mon Mookie, Dylan, AP!) but Zacho has to be considered a top dawg now, no?
DD
Yep, ZO x2

It would be hard to bet against him.
1/12/2021 10:58am
cappelmans wrote:
I expect a breakout year from Musquin. He had time to heal up and prepare. The hype is on all the other heavy hitters. Musquin could...
I expect a breakout year from Musquin. He had time to heal up and prepare. The hype is on all the other heavy hitters. Musquin could be sneaky good this year.
Im with you on this one.
ocscottie
1/12/2021 12:49pm
Heart says Kenny, head says Tomac repeat.

Have you seen that IG vid of ET man handling that beast? It was shocking how fast he was going.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
1/12/2021 3:29pm
Falcon wrote:
I have a feeling this is Roczen's last opportunity for a SX title. If it doesn't happen in '21, it will be too late. If he...
I have a feeling this is Roczen's last opportunity for a SX title. If it doesn't happen in '21, it will be too late. If he feels the same and rides the way he'll need to, I think he can do it.

The old guard is just about done. Tomac, Roczen, Musquin, Anderson and Barcia are all on the backside of their career peaks, and the slow decline to retirement has begun. I'm not saying they can't win, or even that they can't take a title, but the window is closing fast. In '22 I think Supercross will be the Webb, Osborne and Cianciarulo show, with a dash of Ferrandis. We might even see that in '21.
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Osborne is older than those guys as has been racing for a long time . Granted he seems to have found a resurgence but in 2022...
Osborne is older than those guys as has been racing for a long time . Granted he seems to have found a resurgence but in 2022 ? We'll see . Father time is undefeated.
You know what? I totally forgot Zacho is as old as he is. He rides with the fire of a 21 year-old.
You're right, though, Father Time is a sonofabitch. Put #16 on my list of "do it now, or forever hold your peace."
BS12
1/12/2021 4:11pm
Tomac v Webb at the top all said and done
Marv v Kenny v AC for 3rd.

Webb is incredibly consistent, but let's not forget that Tomac also found consistency last year, and while he & Webb went mano e mano miles ahead of everyone else at one round in SLC in the mud, there was another where Tomac reeled him in from a dead last start (round 16). Tomac's Daytona ride is also not to be forgotten so easily.
Consistency beats raw speed when raw speed isn't consistent... except that Eli turned that tide last season.

Marv is yet to show championship level consistency (always a split hair off, unforced errors when it counted by pushing too hard), still clouds over Kenny's health for the long haul, and AC's results could go both ways.

Can. Not. Wait!
shortcourse
1/12/2021 4:24pm
Webb’s biggest asset the year he won the title was his ability to put it on the box nearly every week while his competition couldn’t.

Winning seven races had a lot to do with that.
1/12/2021 4:36pm
Falcon wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
Osborne is older than those guys as has been racing for a long time . Granted he seems to have found a resurgence but in 2022...
Despite his 2020 450 outdoor title, I don’t see Zach as a threat for the sx title.
ShawdowGlen
1/12/2021 4:39pm
Don't know who it's going to be. Just looking forward to a good year of solid/close competition in a stacked field.

Who I'd like to see.... in no particular order.

Zacho
Marv
Roczen
Webb
Barcia
Ferrandis - big fan of him and it would be fun to see this place melt down over him winning it.
SpriteRep419
1/12/2021 5:07pm
Barring injuries, I can’t see anybody but Tomac or Webb taking this. They’re on another level indoors
AE448
1/13/2021 6:24am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2021 6:24am
Honestly the way the past 12 months have gone it could be anyone. These guys can't afford to catch Covid and miss a round, which is very possible! I expect to see the usuals all up there, ET, KR, AC, CW, JA, MM. My money is going on ET though.
neysbo
1/13/2021 7:05am
AE448 wrote:
Honestly the way the past 12 months have gone it could be anyone. These guys can't afford to catch Covid and miss a round, which is...
Honestly the way the past 12 months have gone it could be anyone. These guys can't afford to catch Covid and miss a round, which is very possible! I expect to see the usuals all up there, ET, KR, AC, CW, JA, MM. My money is going on ET though.
This , I think COVID will have a major impact on who makes all 16 rounds, those that have already had it should be good to go for the series.
1/25/2021 12:13pm
After three rounds it's still anyone's championship but I have a feeling Webb is about to get really dialed in after having missed his bike setup for the first couple rounds. Barcia is another one who looks really really good...then of course Kenny, Tomac, and AC. It's so hard to pick a winner.

What will the Indy track be like? It's got to be less tacky than Houston so I think we'll see more rider separation than we had in Houston.
Spudnut
1/25/2021 2:57pm Edited Date/Time 1/25/2021 2:58pm
I don’t know who will be champ but I do firmly believe the top 3 will be within 10 points when it’s all said and done. I think it will come down to Webb Tomac AC and Osborne By round ten and then it will be a dog fight from there on.

Barcia Roczen Anderson and Marv will be the guys that shake it up but aren’t quite consistently good enough

I also think Ferrandis Brayton Or even Mookie will be the guy that wins one that’s “not supposed to win”
Turbojez
1/25/2021 3:11pm
I want to see Deano take the championship home, so ya'll can move on and love him again.

Seriously, I think it's gonna be Kenny or Barcia, but It wouldn't surprise me to see Webb take it.
Really hard to predict the winner this season.
Hopefully everyone stays healthy so we can see some good battles, plenty of top dogs couldn't make it through SX the last couple of years which was a huge bummer.

Post a reply to: 2021 Supercross Champion - who will it be?

The Latest