2021 Kawasaki rebates?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/8/2020 11:44 AM

If and when will they be rebating the new bikes? Last year the 2020’s were on sale here in Oregon for $6999 otd, in October.

|

10/8/2020 11:53 AM

I just saw an ad today saying theyre taking off like $750 on new bikes

|

10/8/2020 2:09 PM

kb228 wrote:

I just saw an ad today saying theyre taking off like $750 on new bikes

That’s on the 2020s. No rebates on any 2021s at this point. With the way dirt bikes are selling right now, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

|

10/8/2020 2:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/8/2020 2:11 PM

I don’t think we gonna see rebates. Right at the beginning of corona manufacturers panicked and offered huge financing and customer cash. All the units flew off the showroom so they clearly were like whoa we can scale that back! Used 2 stroke market is super high at the moment too.

|

GP740
Since 1987

10/8/2020 2:31 PM

2021 will be the worst year ever to buy a bike, if you're buying on price................

|

10/8/2020 2:50 PM

My son works at the local dealer after school and they told him no rebates on any kawi's in 21. This came straight from Kawasaki at the dealer show. We were looking to possibly buy a 21 Yamaha 250F and was told $10,200 OTD. Even the big moto dealers like Rock River are not offering discounts.

Bikes are scarce and the dealers are getting limited supply and need to make profits.

On the flip side the value of your used bike just went up. My friend just sold a 19 YZ 250f for $7K.

|

10/8/2020 4:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/8/2020 4:58 PM

brocsdad wrote:

My son works at the local dealer after school and they told him no rebates on any kawi's in 21. This came straight from Kawasaki at the dealer show. We were looking to possibly buy a 21 Yamaha 250F and was told $10,200 OTD. Even the big moto dealers like Rock River are not offering discounts.

Bikes are scarce and the dealers are getting limited supply and need to make profits.

On the flip side the value of your used bike just went up. My friend just sold a 19 YZ 250f for $7K.

Your son is making stuff up. There was no Kawasaki (or any other OEM) dealer meeting/show this year due to COVID.

|

10/8/2020 6:21 PM

I just got a 20 for 8400 otd last week. No rebates on the 21 it was 9600 otd

|

10/8/2020 6:36 PM

brocsdad wrote:

The Team Green KX Racer Support Program offers rebates of $1,500 on 2021 model year KX250 and KX450, as well as $1,000 on KX85 and KX100. Qualified Team Green dealers will have the applications which are then submitted to Team Green for approval.

|

10/8/2020 6:56 PM

My brother is Kawasaki Team green dealer.
So far he's got these 2021's:
1 KX 450xc, sold the next day. 1 KX 450, sold to my buddy in a week and 1 KX 250, came in Monday and I bought it today. (Sold my 19 KX 450 today so I could go back to a 250.)

He has 2 KX 250xc's sold as soon as he can get them. He also sells Polaris and TM.

He's selling SxS's as fast as he can get them. He has deposits on Polaris and Kawi SxS's he won't get for a month.

They're like most dealers, busy as hell and begging for units. He took on SSR a month ago and sold out of them in a week. He's waiting on more, but they can't keep up with demand either.

Sorry for the long answer, but don't expect rebates as long as the market stays hot.

I'm glad more people are enjoying dirtbike again!

|

10/8/2020 7:05 PM

Indy mxer wrote:

1 KX 450xc, sold the next day. 1 KX 450, sold to my buddy in a week and 1 KX 250, came in Monday and I bought it today. (Sold my 19 KX 450 today so I could go back to a 250.)

He has 2 KX 250xc's sold as soon as he can get them. He also sells Polaris and TM.

He's selling SxS's as fast as he can get them. He has deposits on Polaris and Kawi SxS's he won't get for a month.

They're like most dealers, busy as hell and begging for units. He took on SSR a month ago and sold out of them in a week. He's waiting on more, but they can't keep up with demand either.

Sorry for the long answer, but don't expect rebates as long as the market stays hot.

Where you riding that new 250 this weekend?

|

10/8/2020 7:50 PM

brocsdad wrote:

quadzrulebro wrote:

Your son is making stuff up. There was no Kawasaki (or any other OEM) dealer meeting/show this year due to COVID.

You are correct there was no formal dealer meeting due to Civid but there was formal notification and a zoom with the managers saying they would not be rebating the 21 Kawi’s.

|

10/8/2020 7:52 PM

brocsdad wrote:

holeshot74 wrote:

The Team Green KX Racer Support Program offers rebates of $1,500 on 2021 model year KX250 and KX450, as well as $1,000 on KX85 and KX100. Qualified Team Green dealers will have the applications which are then submitted to Team Green for approval.

We had Team Green Deals in the past and its not the same as factory rebates to consumers. You must submit a resume and qualify for the Team Green program.

|

10/9/2020 6:02 AM

Indy mxer wrote:

How much did you get for your KX450?

|

10/9/2020 6:52 AM

brocsdad wrote:

quadzrulebro wrote:

brocsdad wrote:

You are correct there was no formal dealer meeting due to Civid but there was formal notification and a zoom with the managers saying they would not be rebating the 21 Kawi’s.

Incentives are a reaction to market demand. If units start sitting on the floor for months on end, the incentives will come. Even though the OEMs dropped rebates on most off road product, the incentives are still in place on street bikes because Covid didn’t cause the same increase in demand for street bikes that it did for dirt bikes.

|

10/9/2020 7:25 AM

brocsdad wrote:

I am helped by a local dealer and basically they don't argue price, I buy 1 to 2 bikes a year and they sell them to me at $100 over cost and I have a 30 yr history with them. They make their money off me at the end of the year with they get their selling incentive from Yamaha

With that being said, Yamaha is offering no rebates and the dealership has all the major brands of bikes and says that none of them are offering any rebates on the 21s.

So, if you can get a couple hundred off of retail, this year that will be a good deal.

Prepare your wallet.

|

10/9/2020 7:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/9/2020 8:05 AM

LeMay_848 wrote:

Got my '21 KX250 for $8300 otd. Mom and Pop owned dealership (no sales team). But yea prices are crazy

|

10/9/2020 11:22 AM

three9zero wrote:

2021 will be the worst year ever to buy a bike, if you're buying on price................

IDK man.... people are running out of money... the bad economic part of Covid is in full swing now... I've had a pair of bikes listed on FB and CL and neither has sold....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

10/9/2020 4:01 PM

three9zero wrote:

gt80rider wrote:

IDK man.... people are running out of money... the bad economic part of Covid is in full swing now... I've had a pair of bikes listed on FB and CL and neither has sold....

Not here. Sold my 450 in 2 weeks. Dealers are slammed and begging for product!

|

10/9/2020 5:03 PM

brocsdad wrote:

FB marketplace is flush with motocross bikes...plenty of deals.

Bikes are not “scarce”....Rock River Motosports has 2019s, 2020s and 2021s 250s and 450s.

Lots of bullshit in this thread...

|

10/10/2020 8:23 AM

brocsdad wrote:

Brad460 wrote:

Bikes are not “scarce”....Rock River Motosports has 2019s, 2020s and 2021s 250s and 450s.

Just because they have bikes doesn't mean a thing here and in many other areas.

I just picked up my new 21 KX 250 from my brothers dealership (only one hes gotten). He's one of the biggest Polaris dealers in Indiana as well.
They have no SxS's in stock for sale. All sold, and many more sold that are over a month out from delivery.
Right now he has 1 KLX 140 in stock, 1 SSR 125 and a Kawasaki quad. That's it. They even sold the 2 TM's he had.
Place is empty.

They're desparate for for bikes and SxS's. Btw, he's a team green dealer and still can't get enough KX's.

|

10/10/2020 5:45 PM

If you’re current or former military, that will always save you $250 on any new Kaw.

|

10/11/2020 4:02 PM

brocsdad wrote:

Brad460 wrote:

Well Brad I was referring to a 21 model’s. Also FB marketplace in my area is full of old bikes that are mostly ragged out. As far as Rock River the owner told me straight up they would not be cutting deals on the 21’s due to the scarcity. He said they normally get around 150 250F’s and they would he getting just a few and they already had deposits. The local dealer here is getting 2. So if you know where there’s a magic number of 21 YZF’s that are not accounted for and over $10k otd please let me know. Otherwise we know who is full of BS😊

|

10/11/2020 4:06 PM

brocsdad wrote:

Brad460 wrote:

Well Brad I was referring to a 21 model’s. Also FB marketplace in my area is full of old bikes that are mostly ragged out. As far as Rock River the owner told me straight up they would not be cutting deals on the 21’s due to the scarcity. He said they normally get around 150 250F’s and they would he getting just a few and they already had deposits. The local dealer here is getting 2. So if you know where there’s a magic number of 21 YZF’s that are not accounted for and over $10k otd please let me know. Otherwise we know who is full of BS😊

|

10/13/2020 10:58 PM

You cant be a pussy this year

|

10/14/2020 3:31 AM

motoarmageddon wrote:

You cant be a pussy this year

Rational*

|

10/15/2020 6:04 AM

three9zero wrote:

gt80rider wrote:

Nope, sales are off the chart and dealerships cant keep stock. People are buying like crazy, people just think their used stuff is worth way more then it is so people just pony up and buy new. Plus it can be financed.

I've seen local bikes being advertised as such... 2017 YZ 250 for 7k, bone stock. Who in their right mind would buy that.

|

10/15/2020 7:07 PM

three9zero wrote:

gt80rider wrote:

MotoX85 wrote:

Nope, sales are off the chart and dealerships cant keep stock. People are buying like crazy, people just think their used stuff is worth way more then it is so people just pony up and buy new. Plus it can be financed.

I've seen local bikes being advertised as such... 2017 YZ 250 for 7k, bone stock. Who in their right mind would buy that.

Yeah it's crazy. One dealer in SW Indiana is trying to get $9999. out of a 21 KX 250.
Seems insane to me, but who knows.

|

10/15/2020 7:59 PM

LeMay_848 wrote:

Is that a 450 or 250?

|