2021 JGR Suzuki Rumors or Updates?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/30/2020 6:56 AM

Has anyone heard any updates or rumors about what is going on with JGR Suzuki for next year? Could we see no factory Suzuki team next year? Could JGR go with another manufacturer? Maybe no JGR team at all? A new Suzuki team with new sponsors?

|

7/30/2020 6:58 AM

In !

|

"We don't rent pigs."

7/30/2020 7:37 AM

JGR will be racing, and more than likely on Suzuki’s.

|

7/30/2020 7:40 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

If they're on Suzuki's, they won't be doing much "racing".....

|

7/30/2020 7:44 AM

I heard a little rumor that JRG may be looking in GasGas North America

|

7/30/2020 7:48 AM

DirtyThirty4 wrote:

I heard a little rumor that JRG may be looking in GasGas North America

That’s an old rumor

|

7/30/2020 8:13 AM

In the 250f class the bike looks strong engine wise. Pulling hole shots. They seemed to have figured out the engine. 450’s I believe Chad said the bike was good, and very capable.

|

7/30/2020 8:14 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

Is it true Suzuki (Japan) has new leadership and they are more open/interested in racing? I hope this is the case.

|

7/30/2020 8:20 AM

LOI with a title sponsor; new Suzuki president is pro-racing. And, ultimately, it's up to Gibbs to decide when spending money is enough. Seems like all 3 of those are pointing in a positive direction.

|

7/30/2020 8:21 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

ga_pike wrote:

Is it true Suzuki (Japan) has new leadership and they are more open/interested in racing? I hope this is the case.

Not unless Mr. Suzuki died or stepped down. Suzuki Motor of America has had a new president since about June of 2019, so maybe that's what's been floating around. I don't know what his interest level is. The previous guy was all about keeping Suzuki profitable while they restructured after dropping automobiles in the US. (He succeeded, by the way.)

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

7/30/2020 8:31 AM

Zycki11 wrote:

In the 250f class the bike looks strong engine wise. Pulling hole shots. They seemed to have figured out the engine. 450’s I believe Chad said the bike was good, and very capable.

A-Mart pulled a holeshot on J-Mart at Millville the other week so the motor is there for sure

|

7/30/2020 8:39 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

ga_pike wrote:

Falcon wrote:

Not unless Mr. Suzuki died or stepped down. Suzuki Motor of America has had a new president since about June of 2019, so maybe that's what's been floating around. I don't know what his interest level is. The previous guy was all about keeping Suzuki profitable while they restructured after dropping automobiles in the US. (He succeeded, by the way.)

There is another new president coming over to replace the person from 2019.

|

7/30/2020 8:42 AM

ga_pike wrote:

Falcon wrote:

motomoto652 wrote:

Are there any articles on this, i've looked it up when I heard of it like a week ago and haven't found anything.

|

7/30/2020 9:16 AM

Zycki11 wrote:

RV holeshotted a full gate of 450's at the MXDN....it ain't the bike.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

7/30/2020 9:33 AM

Why does the gas gas team get so much hype? It’s a ktm

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

7/30/2020 9:38 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Because they will fund an entire additional factory level race team, bringing sponsors and rides into the series.

|

7/30/2020 9:38 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Buckland wrote:

Because they will fund an entire additional factory level race team, bringing sponsors and rides into the series.

Not if it’s the RMATV Team

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

7/30/2020 9:41 AM

Zycki11 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

Yep.. The engine is part of the equation no doubt, but technique & skill play a big role as well.. MA800 is a testament to that as he would get holeshots on different brand bikes he raced..

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

7/30/2020 10:10 AM

BobPA wrote:

He also had the inside gate pick on a gate that grossly favored the inside.

|

7/30/2020 10:11 AM

Zycki11 wrote:

fatpurplepanda wrote:

A-Mart pulled a holeshot on J-Mart at Millville the other week so the motor is there for sure

I thought it was 2 of 8 motos and JMart got the other 6?

Not that it matters but I felt like the context was needed.

|

7/30/2020 10:48 AM

Zycki11 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

You mean when he had the primo gate pick? Yeah I know. The bike has to be competitive in that class. It’s not 450’s

|

fatpurplepanda wrote:

And at last years Red Bud national I beleive.

|

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Buckland wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

^^ this. I expect it'll work just like it did in mxgp.

|

7/30/2020 10:49 AM

Zycki11 wrote:

fatpurplepanda wrote:

AH387 wrote:

I thought it was 2 of 8 motos and JMart got the other 6?

Not that it matters but I felt like the context was needed.

He has also holeshotted a full gate at nationals with deep loam. IE Red Bud 2019

|

7/30/2020 10:54 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Buckland wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

True. At least if that's the case, it's cool that the money is no longer coming out of the team owner's pocket (I'm under the impression RMATV has had to pay for factory parts?). I wouldn't expect KTM to step down the support of that name, in order to add Gasgas (I understand that's how Standing Construct was handled). They seem to be on the "more bikes" line of thinking, to dominate the entire sport.

If it's an orange to red switch like it was in MXGP I agree it's not much of a change, beyond those red bikes with silver rims looking hot!

|

7/30/2020 10:58 AM

ga_pike wrote:

Falcon wrote:

motomoto652 wrote:

Oh wow, I had not heard that. I expected another executive for a different reason, but I expected the Motorcycle guy to stay.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

7/30/2020 11:03 AM

Falcon wrote:

motomoto652 wrote:

Falcon wrote:

Oh wow, I had not heard that. I expected another executive for a different reason, but I expected the Motorcycle guy to stay.

The new guy is fully behind a team. Word is the new guy wants to race and wants to go to the next level with it. Fingers crossed!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

7/30/2020 3:17 PM

They are done!

|

7/30/2020 3:56 PM

How much more can it cost to put a e start on a already pretty decent bike ?

|

7/30/2020 4:02 PM

Zycki11 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

LungButter wrote:

He also had the inside gate pick on a gate that grossly favored the inside.

If RV would have gotten gobbled up by a bunch of angry 450s during the course of his two motos after said holeshots...oh wait, that didn’t happen did it?

|