2021 Honda - Roczen

Related:
Create New Tag

1/17/2021 7:11 PM

One thing I noticed that STUCK out in Ken's riding is just how well that 2021 Honda hooked up out of flat turns. It was clearly dialed. And Ken, IMO, looked like he was on it. He could have stuffed Barcia but decided 2nd is smart position.

Anyone else notice this? The "hookup"?

|

1/17/2021 7:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/18/2021 12:14 AM

He also had a good break to let his body recover, who knows how much pain and weakness he suffered these past years after those crashes, all the drugs, surgery's and anti biotics takes a absolute huge toll on your body.

I hope he stays healthy because those injury's took his prime.

|

1/17/2021 7:43 PM

Anyone else think it's funny that Kenny and JB had to buy 21's for practice bikes in the fall. You would think the race team would be the first to get some, but it was actually the dealerships.

|

I work to provide for my family, I ride to keep my sanity.

1/17/2021 7:54 PM

Awesome, thankyou.

|

1/18/2021 12:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/18/2021 12:14 AM

Smart ride by Ken.

Barca will likely fade in the series and regress towards his mean. Less drama Barcia has for Ken, the better for Ken. Let Barcia be Barcia to Ken’s competitors.

RC and Dungey were very great at this. They were emotionally intelligent to their competitors and kept drama to a minimal.

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

1/18/2021 12:42 AM

PTshox wrote:

One thing I noticed that STUCK out in Ken's riding is just how well that 2021 Honda hooked up out of flat turns. It was clearly dialed. And Ken, IMO, looked like he was on it. He could have stuffed Barcia but decided 2nd is smart position.

Here is the thing, when you know how to dial in the pre-21's they are very tractable and hook up very well....the issue is that the bike setup changes every track you go to or even after each race!

I believe the 21 is much better in base settings according to people i have spoken to who own one i.e. you can have a base setting and very minor clicks at each track or during the day if the track changes, it was a lot harder to do that on pre-21's

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

1/18/2021 2:03 AM

I also noticed this too,especially the tight rutted 180 turn across the start straight,he gapped a few in this area

|

1/18/2021 2:08 AM

Both looked good - and Ken`s corner speed was amazing :-)

|

1/18/2021 2:31 AM

Ken looks VERY comfy. I like his chances this season!

|

1/18/2021 2:47 AM

Yes! Also how he could turn down at any moment. He looks on the 21 like he didi on his good days on the Suzuki! I hope it's true what they say about the bike being steady and easy to set up for different conditions. And that he stays healthy!

|

1/18/2021 2:52 AM

Gajser said that the new bike was a big step forward from the old one. Always hard to tell how that will carry over to supercross compared to outdoors and the works parts they can use in GP’s, but early signs are very good

|

1/18/2021 2:55 AM

PTshox wrote:

Ken had two ideal opportunities to block pass Barcia in the 180 left bowl turn. If the rolls were reversed Barcia would have pulled the trigger on Ken.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

1/18/2021 3:09 AM

PTshox wrote:

Boomslang wrote:

Ken had two ideal opportunities to block pass Barcia in the 180 left bowl turn. If the rolls were reversed Barcia would have pulled the trigger on Ken.

Without a doubt Barcia would have.
Which decision is better in round 1 of a 17 round championship though?

|

1/18/2021 5:14 AM

I did notice how sharp he looked on that bike. Hard to know if it’s him, the bike, or, more likely, some mix.

But that Honda definitely is not holding him back!

|

1/18/2021 5:47 AM

I tip my hat to Kenny! AND Barcia because after the race it was very cool to see the sportsmanship to one another.

When a bike chassi/bike setup works its a beautiful thing. Trey Canard has alot of hours on the 21 platform and this looks to be paying off very well. Justin Brayton getting 6th I was impressed with.

Cheers Vital !

|

1/18/2021 6:22 AM

any idea why he uses a twinwall vs fatbar?

|

1/18/2021 7:21 AM

Was was cornering like he was back on RCH.

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

1/19/2021 10:58 AM

|

1/19/2021 10:59 AM

Him, tomac, and webb are the very best at corner exit speed... but last weekend Ken's honda was pulling like a freight train after the apex... impressive

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

1/19/2021 11:22 AM

Hej ! Does anyone knows what the hell is that ?
Looks like hydration system, but they not into Dakkar race
Photo

|

1/19/2021 11:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2021 11:25 AM

Hank_Thrill wrote:

Was was cornering like he was back on RCH.

I was gonna say this, the bike looked very old suzuki like, he was cutting down so nice. When I watched the HEP guys thier bikes looked dreadful, especially in the whoops.
I underatand sx has to be super stiff but I think Kenny has found the perfect balance

|

1/19/2021 11:25 AM

Zoer wrote:

Photo

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/19/2021 11:45 AM

Zoer wrote:

Photo

Hats Off device it’s required that everyone has it

|

1/19/2021 11:57 AM

Hank_Thrill wrote:

Smart ride by Ken.

Barca will likely fade in the series and regress towards his mean. Less drama Barcia has for Ken, the better for Ken. Let Barcia be Barcia to Ken’s competitors.

RC and Dungey were very great at this. They were emotionally intelligent to their competitors and kept drama to a minimal.

I'm not a huge barcia fan but I do appreciate his speed and talent. I will say this, I don't think this is the old barcia. To me he looks like a title contender and he can and possibly win the whole shebang.

|

1/19/2021 12:06 PM

Zoer wrote:

Photo

DonM wrote:

Hats Off device it’s required that everyone has it

Thanks Folks! Didnt know that

|

1/19/2021 12:44 PM

MyBobbym wrote:

I'm not a huge barcia fan but I do appreciate his speed and talent. I will say this, I don't think this is the old barcia. To me he looks like a title contender and he can and possibly win the whole shebang.

I think your right, wonder how much input Decoster & Harrison have??

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

1/19/2021 1:00 PM

Hank_Thrill wrote:

Smart ride by Ken.

MyBobbym wrote:

shuggs wrote:

I think your right, wonder how much input Decoster & Harrison have??

If anyone can tame the bucking broncho we aka Bam Bam it would be "The Man".

|

1/19/2021 1:28 PM

kiwifan wrote:

Here is the thing, when you know how to dial in the pre-21's they are very tractable and hook up very well....the issue is that the bike setup changes every track you go to or even after each race!

I believe the 21 is much better in base settings according to people i have spoken to who own one i.e. you can have a base setting and very minor clicks at each track or during the day if the track changes, it was a lot harder to do that on pre-21's

Did you just pull this out of your ass? Even if you have a local pro who had his bike built well, it will not compare to Kenny’s bike.
#keyboardknowitall

|

1/19/2021 1:37 PM

PTshox wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

Zycki11 wrote:

Did you just pull this out of your ass? Even if you have a local pro who had his bike built well, it will not compare to Kenny’s bike.
#keyboardknowitall

Kiwifan is right though.

|

1/19/2021 1:45 PM

kiwifan wrote:

Zycki11 wrote:

#keyboardknowitall

TheGetFresh wrote:

Kiwifan is right though.

I assume his dealer has had him on one since September?

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.