2021 Goals?

roy238
Edited Date/Time 1/7/2021 10:25am
I like to set goals, it was very valuable to me when I was shooting competitive archery. It helped me accomplish what I felt was a lot in a short period of time.
So being a couple years back into riding and racing I'm ready to start setting short term goals.
The past few seasons were really just take what I can get, enjoy it and see what I can do after 11 years off.
This method was fun, easy going but didn't pan out when I came to actually trying to race again. I fall apart mentally on race day so for 2021 I'm going back to what I know works.

Goals
Short term and long term. Set them, write them down, come up with a plan and start working towards accomplishing them.

This year is really simple goals, get in better shape and club race more.
Fitness is bad, I know where I need and want to be.
Club racing, I need this because the only races I've done are area qualifiers, regionals and the Baja Brawl. All "big" events, no getting used to racing again on a weekly basis, getting used to gate drops, riding under pressure etc. Can't really expect to do well or even mediocre if I'm lining up with guys that race all year long opposed to my 3 races a year.

So fitness and race more club events. Short term goals.
Long term is to be in shape and actually make it through area and regional qualifiers to LL 40+ 🤙

What are your goals?
|
xrmark
1/4/2021 2:12pm
Better diet and more water so I can ride longer motos on the weekends. Frustrating as all hell to get 10 minutes and can’t hold on anymore.
Mixer up
1/4/2021 2:25pm
xrmark wrote:
Better diet and more water so I can ride longer motos on the weekends. Frustrating as all hell to get 10 minutes and can’t hold on...
Better diet and more water so I can ride longer motos on the weekends. Frustrating as all hell to get 10 minutes and can’t hold on anymore.
This ^

The Shop

Ryan625
1/4/2021 2:34pm
avidchimp wrote:
Less hookers and blow.
Hmmm. Mine was more hookers and blow 🤷🏻‍♂️
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
1/4/2021 3:25pm
avidchimp wrote:
Less hookers and blow.
Ryan625 wrote:
We all have to tap out at some point.
roy238
1/4/2021 3:26pm
Aight y'all, we can rule out hookers and blow. Lol

Let's stick to moto goals 😁
1/4/2021 4:11pm
21 mostly work, build race budget, so I don,t have to work full time in 22. Just race and work part time. 11-18 turn 55. 1 st race top 3 50 and 40 plus. Next race win 50 plus or lead laps, lead a lap in 40 plus. 3rd race win 50 plus and 40, top 3 vet b. Next race win all 3 classes. Do the same the next 2 weeks. Then move up to expert. These are the riders, I really want to race. Hit only sand tracks, except for a couple tracks in the Racer X vet series. In expert classes try to lead a lap, in the 1st race. On a 125 of course.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
1/4/2021 4:14pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2021 4:16pm
avidchimp wrote:
Less hookers and blow.
Ryan625 wrote:
I gave both y'all's posts a thumbs up, I don't know what that says about me
Meister
1/4/2021 4:33pm
Mine is very similar Roy. I started diet on dec 9 and have dropped 22.4# thus far. I've been off the bike for nearly two years again but in 16 I got 10th at baja regional in +30 on a bike with sub par suspension. I'm not necessarily chasing Loretta's as I think all the vet regionals are lacking, but I am racing Daytona in March as my first race back, but only for fun. Not banking on position, but rather just enjoy my time riding a bucket list venue. Then I'll do some vet races (high point, redbud), along with the local gate drops here and there..
Ryan625
1/4/2021 4:48pm
avidchimp wrote:
Less hookers and blow.
Ryan625 wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
I gave both y'all's posts a thumbs up, I don't know what that says about me
Probably that we should party together sometime 😂😂
mxwilly
1/4/2021 5:41pm
Meister wrote:
Mine is very similar Roy. I started diet on dec 9 and have dropped 22.4# thus far. I've been off the bike for nearly two years...
Mine is very similar Roy. I started diet on dec 9 and have dropped 22.4# thus far. I've been off the bike for nearly two years again but in 16 I got 10th at baja regional in +30 on a bike with sub par suspension. I'm not necessarily chasing Loretta's as I think all the vet regionals are lacking, but I am racing Daytona in March as my first race back, but only for fun. Not banking on position, but rather just enjoy my time riding a bucket list venue. Then I'll do some vet races (high point, redbud), along with the local gate drops here and there..
Man, congrats on being down 22lbs already. What’s your secret? I’m needing to loose 45lbs to feel better on and off the bike. Going to be a struggle but I’m tired of being sore and tired. Keep up the good work! 💪
1/4/2021 5:59pm
Meister wrote:
Mine is very similar Roy. I started diet on dec 9 and have dropped 22.4# thus far. I've been off the bike for nearly two years...
Daytona race would be surreal. The Red Bud vet race is huge, not a easy 1 to win. A lot of full gates. I took 2 weeks off b4 starting this job, I needed it. I weighed myself , thought I put a few on, never did b4. Yup 178 regular is 172. I was in a pool and whirlpool 7 days a week, trying to get rid of muscle knots and just get everything feeling normal. I got down to 173, wasn,t really trying to loose weight. Doing like a bicycle with your legs to gain strength, just 5 minutes, break then more. Run in water, I think water exercise is great. Keeps a even balance. Leg weight machine seems like 1 leg is stronger, more sore after. Does Indiana have a deep sand track ? If so that would make it 5 states to race in the Midwest. 2 Michigan,s makes it 6.
roy238
1/4/2021 6:12pm
Meister wrote:
Daytona race would be surreal. The Red Bud vet race is huge, not a easy 1 to win. A lot of full gates. I took 2...
Daytona race would be surreal. The Red Bud vet race is huge, not a easy 1 to win. A lot of full gates. I took 2 weeks off b4 starting this job, I needed it. I weighed myself , thought I put a few on, never did b4. Yup 178 regular is 172. I was in a pool and whirlpool 7 days a week, trying to get rid of muscle knots and just get everything feeling normal. I got down to 173, wasn,t really trying to loose weight. Doing like a bicycle with your legs to gain strength, just 5 minutes, break then more. Run in water, I think water exercise is great. Keeps a even balance. Leg weight machine seems like 1 leg is stronger, more sore after. Does Indiana have a deep sand track ? If so that would make it 5 states to race in the Midwest. 2 Michigan,s makes it 6.
Indiana has some sandtracks, they are my preference. Leisure Time MX, known as ltmx in Medarysville and Motoland in Kingsbury.
Growing up in Michigan, Baja and Bulldogs were my local tracks along with Sandbox and Morelands known as Valley now.
Hardpack is common in Indiana and I've been learning to ride and starting to enjoy it.
Forty
1/4/2021 6:21pm
Now that I’m back on a 2-stroke I’m trying to learn to brake tap in the air of the front end goes high. Lotta people make it look easy but I’m having trouble.

Working on it tomorrow night. Indoor riding in northern WI. Whoohoo.
mxrider641
1/4/2021 6:22pm
Jumping back in with both feet after 10 years without a bike - working to drop 15 lbs before spring and re-arrange a few more to make riding a bit more fun!
cwel11
1/4/2021 6:28pm
Forty wrote:
Now that I’m back on a 2-stroke I’m trying to learn to brake tap in the air of the front end goes high. Lotta people make...
Now that I’m back on a 2-stroke I’m trying to learn to brake tap in the air of the front end goes high. Lotta people make it look easy but I’m having trouble.

You’ll get it. I did the same thing when I got my two stroke. You’ll have to think about it a bit at first, then it’ll be automatic.
Forty
1/4/2021 6:33pm
Forty wrote:
Now that I’m back on a 2-stroke I’m trying to learn to brake tap in the air of the front end goes high. Lotta people make...

cwel11 wrote:
You’ll get it. I did the same thing when I got my two stroke. You’ll have to think about it a bit at first, then it’ll...
You’ll get it. I did the same thing when I got my two stroke. You’ll have to think about it a bit at first, then it’ll be automatic.
Thanks. It’s like I had to re learn how to jump.
Meister
1/4/2021 6:47pm
Meister wrote:
mxwilly wrote:
Man, congrats on being down 22lbs already. What’s your secret? I’m needing to loose 45lbs to feel better on and off the bike. Going to be...
Man, congrats on being down 22lbs already. What’s your secret? I’m needing to loose 45lbs to feel better on and off the bike. Going to be a struggle but I’m tired of being sore and tired. Keep up the good work! 💪
Find yourself a good wellness center/chiro. I do a program called ReShape Reclaimed. Basically, VERY clean, monitored eating. Nothing processed, no sugar. I use stevia as a sweetener for my coffee. It's super rough when you're a good junkie like me. I've never been small, even at my fittest. This is my second time proving this diet (lifestyle change) is effective. it's pretty low cal but built to give your body what it NEEDS to properly function.

In 2015/2016 I went through this process the first time. I worked hard. I went from 270 before the holidays to 213 at my june regional at baja. I felt great on the bike, hitting all the biggins at high point and baja. I was also battling horrendous carpal tunnel all while trying to get 16 ktm 4cs suspension to work. I ended up 10th and didn't make it. I was pretty mentally beat. Before I hit the interstate after the regional at baja, I had cheeseburgers and fries in the truck. Lol. Slowly spiraled out of control like a drug addict would do in a relapse. I don't really drink any more, I don't do any drugs, food is my problem. In reality, I should have kept at it then, switched bikes, and carried on to vet races and mini o's. However, here I am again giving it a go. Had double carpal tunnel surgery on oct 21. Picked up a 21 WE over the weekend and am in the process of getting it set up the way I want it. It's difficult to choose spring rates when you're dropping weight. I'm not trying to go for wins at big races, I just want to feel good and have fun. I did have a 17 honda that I bought off here in January of 18, but I think I rode it like 6 times. Once was the regional again at baja. Felt like a goon after only riding the bike 3 times before the race, way out of shape. I had fun though. I was happy with a 14th in moto 1. Downhill from there.

Blah blah blah, just another washed up fat vet 30 guy lol..
1/4/2021 6:48pm
Meister wrote:
Daytona race would be surreal. The Red Bud vet race is huge, not a easy 1 to win. A lot of full gates. I took 2...
roy238 wrote:
Indiana has some sandtracks, they are my preference. Leisure Time MX, known as ltmx in Medarysville and Motoland in Kingsbury. Growing up in Michigan, Baja and...
Indiana has some sandtracks, they are my preference. Leisure Time MX, known as ltmx in Medarysville and Motoland in Kingsbury.
Growing up in Michigan, Baja and Bulldogs were my local tracks along with Sandbox and Morelands known as Valley now.
Hardpack is common in Indiana and I've been learning to ride and starting to enjoy it.
Cool ya have a couple, MotoLand has a sx type layout, if I remember right. I would hit the other one. Sand is my favorite for many reasons. I,ve been on call in since 12-22 in south Bend, on short runs. Today is the last day, quite a few days it snowed, only 1 day was bad. Freezing rain 10 am till night was bad. Wisconsin has a quite a few sand tracks, Wisconsin Rapids- middle of the state is old school deep wet, hilly. Trail loop and another track. They have a hill climb too. Cheap 10 or 20 bucks.
1/4/2021 7:10pm
Meister wrote:
mxwilly wrote:
Man, congrats on being down 22lbs already. What’s your secret? I’m needing to loose 45lbs to feel better on and off the bike. Going to be...
Meister wrote:
Find yourself a good wellness center/chiro. I do a program called ReShape Reclaimed. Basically, VERY clean, monitored eating. Nothing processed, no sugar. I use stevia as...
Find yourself a good wellness center/chiro. I do a program called ReShape Reclaimed. Basically, VERY clean, monitored eating. Nothing processed, no sugar. I use stevia as a sweetener for my coffee. It's super rough when you're a good junkie like me. I've never been small, even at my fittest. This is my second time proving this diet (lifestyle change) is effective. it's pretty low cal but built to give your body what it NEEDS to properly function.

In 2015/2016 I went through this process the first time. I worked hard. I went from 270 before the holidays to 213 at my june regional at baja. I felt great on the bike, hitting all the biggins at high point and baja. I was also battling horrendous carpal tunnel all while trying to get 16 ktm 4cs suspension to work. I ended up 10th and didn't make it. I was pretty mentally beat. Before I hit the interstate after the regional at baja, I had cheeseburgers and fries in the truck. Lol. Slowly spiraled out of control like a drug addict would do in a relapse. I don't really drink any more, I don't do any drugs, food is my problem. In reality, I should have kept at it then, switched bikes, and carried on to vet races and mini o's. However, here I am again giving it a go. Had double carpal tunnel surgery on oct 21. Picked up a 21 WE over the weekend and am in the process of getting it set up the way I want it. It's difficult to choose spring rates when you're dropping weight. I'm not trying to go for wins at big races, I just want to feel good and have fun. I did have a 17 honda that I bought off here in January of 18, but I think I rode it like 6 times. Once was the regional again at baja. Felt like a goon after only riding the bike 3 times before the race, way out of shape. I had fun though. I was happy with a 14th in moto 1. Downhill from there.

Blah blah blah, just another washed up fat vet 30 guy lol..
That,s amazing how fast you dropped the weight. I may look into it. Everyone is different, for last 20 yrs 172 was my weight. Before that 18 to 34 168 lbs, 2 class hot days down to 162. Too light felt weak. I just want a lot of gate drops, and rip sand tracks. Millville and Red Bud, maybe a 125 all star race would be the big races.
dow516
1/5/2021 8:33am
roy238 wrote:
I like to set goals, it was very valuable to me when I was shooting competitive archery. It helped me accomplish what I felt was a...
I like to set goals, it was very valuable to me when I was shooting competitive archery. It helped me accomplish what I felt was a lot in a short period of time.
So being a couple years back into riding and racing I'm ready to start setting short term goals.
The past few seasons were really just take what I can get, enjoy it and see what I can do after 11 years off.
This method was fun, easy going but didn't pan out when I came to actually trying to race again. I fall apart mentally on race day so for 2021 I'm going back to what I know works.

Goals
Short term and long term. Set them, write them down, come up with a plan and start working towards accomplishing them.

Club racing, I need this because the only races I've done are area qualifiers, regionals and the Baja Brawl. All "big" events, no getting used to racing again on a weekly basis, getting used to gate drops, riding under pressure etc. Can't really expect to do well or even mediocre if I'm lining up with guys that race all year long opposed to my 3 races a year.

Long term is to be in shape and actually make it through area and regional qualifiers to LL 40+ 🤙

What are your goals?
Funny thing is, I’m trying to get back into shooting competitive archery! But it’s sort of hard to stay motivated when everything is canceled. Sold my target bow to buy a pair of SG-12s last year, but I’d sold my previous sg-12s to build a target bow. Goes round and around I guess.

My goals are to drop 40lbs and ride twice a month. Nothing crazy, just easing back into it.
roy238
1/5/2021 9:02am
roy238 wrote:
I like to set goals, it was very valuable to me when I was shooting competitive archery. It helped me accomplish what I felt was a...

Goals

What are your goals?
dow516 wrote:
Funny thing is, I’m trying to get back into shooting competitive archery! But it’s sort of hard to stay motivated when everything is canceled. Sold my...
Funny thing is, I’m trying to get back into shooting competitive archery! But it’s sort of hard to stay motivated when everything is canceled. Sold my target bow to buy a pair of SG-12s last year, but I’d sold my previous sg-12s to build a target bow. Goes round and around I guess.

My goals are to drop 40lbs and ride twice a month. Nothing crazy, just easing back into it.
I'm with you on this, bought all new 2020 target gear last winter and haven't used it, wasted a lot of coin. Collects dust in the basement. 😐🎯
BobPA
1/5/2021 9:16am
Sell my last remaining bike and quit moto for good. Shit plan, but it is the way she goes.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
1/5/2021 11:27am
So Ryan gets Avidchimp's hookers and blow. There's a net zero change to the supply.

My 2021 goals are:

-Avoid Coronavirus.
-Coach my daughter's racing career
-Race a few myself. Mammoth?
-Improve my credit score so I can finally buy a house when the market corrects.
-Vote Gavin Newsom out of office when the recall hits.
Meister
1/5/2021 11:43am
For record, so far I've sold my CBE stabilizer kit and I have my new HHA Tetra for sale. Lol.. trying to fund xtrigs.. I only hunt tho, but have my no cam pretty rigged. I have some other stabilizers and a regular hha on the bow now so I really didn't need the fancy stuff to kill deer.. Already have my mount back from an opening day kill.
ElliotB16
1/5/2021 12:27pm
Moto is a never ending grind. Always trying to improve fitness/speed/results.

My personal goals are race as much as I can (local and bigger races) and try to qualify for LL in 30+.
sticecube
1/5/2021 12:39pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2021 12:43pm
Going to try my hand at LL again in the 250B and 450 B classes this year. Basically doing a couch to LL program this year Laughing but I'm excited about it! I thought about making a thread or youtube series about it just so I have a forum post or videos to look back on when i get older.

Otherwise I'm just going to keep working all year to move up to A class by the end of the year. Speed is there, fitness definitely isn't but thats all part of the fun, excited to see what I can do with a good year of training and dieting.

I also wanna give one of the 125 All Star races a try if i can. I'll never qualify for a national but fuck that would be a cool event to do!
Teejay
Fantasy
890th
1/5/2021 1:03pm
Hoping to actually get some races in this year, only got 2 rounds last year due to all the cancellations. Everything’s shut down again here for a few months so using the time to get my RM sorted out ready for when the tracks re open.

Post a reply to: 2021 Goals?

The Latest