2021 GasGas Test Reviews?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/29/2020 11:08 AM

Any word on when we'll hear first thoughts on the new line of GasGas MX bikes?

|

10/29/2020 11:15 AM

We already did when they tested the 2021 KTM's lol

|

10/29/2020 1:55 PM

not in the hands of testers until November, so goes the rumor...

|

10/29/2020 7:24 PM

It's not a Gas Gas.
It's a red KTM
Just as a New(er) Husqvarna is a white KTM

|

@ Teamflanneloutdoors
Instagram
Youtube

10/29/2020 7:33 PM

TeamFlannel wrote:

It's not a Gas Gas.
It's a red KTM
Just as a New(er) Husqvarna is a white KTM

Wow, thanks for the info. Nobody here was aware of that.

|

10/29/2020 7:52 PM

TeamFlannel wrote:

It's not a Gas Gas.
It's a red KTM
Just as a New(er) Husqvarna is a white KTM

yz133rider wrote:

Wow, thanks for the info. Nobody here was aware of that.

WHY would first thoughts on the new Gas Gas matter then Einstein? I’ll give you somewhat of a pass as your not the thread starter, just a smart ass.

|

@ Teamflanneloutdoors
Instagram
Youtube

10/29/2020 8:00 PM

TeamFlannel wrote:

It's not a Gas Gas.
It's a red KTM
Just as a New(er) Husqvarna is a white KTM

yz133rider wrote:

Wow, thanks for the info. Nobody here was aware of that.

TeamFlannel wrote:

WHY would first thoughts on the new Gas Gas matter then Einstein? I’ll give you somewhat of a pass as your not the thread starter, just a smart ass.

Have you seen the shootouts lately where the ktm and husky are placing at opposite ends of the results? The bikes although share many/nearly all parts and come from the same assembly line - feel and work differently. And suit different styles.

The guy asked a question and you gave a smart ass comment.

|

10/29/2020 8:02 PM

I heard the combustible lasts twice as much

|

10/29/2020 8:06 PM

TeamFlannel wrote:

It's not a Gas Gas.
It's a red KTM
Just as a New(er) Husqvarna is a white KTM

yz133rider wrote:

Wow, thanks for the info. Nobody here was aware of that.

TeamFlannel wrote:

WHY would first thoughts on the new Gas Gas matter then Einstein? I’ll give you somewhat of a pass as your not the thread starter, just a smart ass.

Have you ridden both a husky and a KTM? Back to back? How about multiple models back to back? They are different enough that it matters. I tend to prefer husky

|

10/29/2020 8:08 PM

yz133rider wrote:

Wow, thanks for the info. Nobody here was aware of that.

TeamFlannel wrote:

WHY would first thoughts on the new Gas Gas matter then Einstein? I’ll give you somewhat of a pass as your not the thread starter, just a smart ass.

yz133rider wrote:

Have you seen the shootouts lately where the ktm and husky are placing at opposite ends of the results? The bikes although share many/nearly all parts and come from the same assembly line - feel and work differently. And suit different styles.

The guy asked a question and you gave a smart ass comment.

NOW your singing a different tune EH? MAYBE when your balls drop you will realize that bike test, and "shootouts" are bought and paid for @ #advertising
Carry on

|

@ Teamflanneloutdoors
Instagram
Youtube

10/29/2020 8:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/29/2020 8:17 PM

I don't know a thing about the Gas Gas, but I got the opportunity to ride a stock 2021 Husky FC450 this past Tuesday for a couple laps, and both the motor and the suspension feel completely different from my 2021 KTM 450 SXF.

The Husky owner and I swapped bikes, and he said the same thing.

They really are quite different bikes now IMO, so who knows what they are going to do with the GasGas.

|

10/29/2020 8:57 PM

Brent wrote:

I don't know a thing about the Gas Gas, but I got the opportunity to ride a stock 2021 Husky FC450 this past Tuesday for a couple laps, and both the motor and the suspension feel completely different from my 2021 KTM 450 SXF.

The Husky owner and I swapped bikes, and he said the same thing.

They really are quite different bikes now IMO, so who knows what they are going to do with the GasGas.

According to mr.flannel you were paid to say that.

|

10/29/2020 9:01 PM

yz133rider wrote:

Wow, thanks for the info. Nobody here was aware of that.

TeamFlannel wrote:

WHY would first thoughts on the new Gas Gas matter then Einstein? I’ll give you somewhat of a pass as your not the thread starter, just a smart ass.

Ryan625 wrote:

Have you ridden both a husky and a KTM? Back to back? How about multiple models back to back? They are different enough that it matters. I tend to prefer husky

Its crazey. A crf50 handles way better in the corners than a crf450l. And the Husky 125 pulls twice as hard as the 65. Trust me if you ride the back to back youd know

|

10/29/2020 10:06 PM

TeamFlannel wrote:

WHY would first thoughts on the new Gas Gas matter then Einstein? I’ll give you somewhat of a pass as your not the thread starter, just a smart ass.

Ryan625 wrote:

Have you ridden both a husky and a KTM? Back to back? How about multiple models back to back? They are different enough that it matters. I tend to prefer husky

numbers wrote:

Its crazey. A crf50 handles way better in the corners than a crf450l. And the Husky 125 pulls twice as hard as the 65. Trust me if you ride the back to back youd know

Don’t be an idiot. The “back to back” I was referring to was my TC250 to a 250sx, a TE300i to a XCW300i, and a 150sx to a TC125. All models 2017+ and within two model years of one another. I forgot this was vital and you needed me to hold your hand through that.

|

10/29/2020 11:56 PM

Ryan625 wrote:

Have you ridden both a husky and a KTM? Back to back? How about multiple models back to back? They are different enough that it matters. I tend to prefer husky

numbers wrote:

Its crazey. A crf50 handles way better in the corners than a crf450l. And the Husky 125 pulls twice as hard as the 65. Trust me if you ride the back to back youd know

Ryan625 wrote:

Don’t be an idiot. The “back to back” I was referring to was my TC250 to a 250sx, a TE300i to a XCW300i, and a 150sx to a TC125. All models 2017+ and within two model years of one another. I forgot this was vital and you needed me to hold your hand through that.

Photo
|

10/30/2020 4:33 AM

I just came here to hear a bunch of old guys arguing about shootouts.

|

10/30/2020 5:30 AM

The reason Austrian bike owners get so mad when you say the bikes are the same is because deep down they know it’s true

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

10/30/2020 6:35 AM

TeamFlannel wrote:

WHY would first thoughts on the new Gas Gas matter then Einstein? I’ll give you somewhat of a pass as your not the thread starter, just a smart ass.

yz133rider wrote:

Have you seen the shootouts lately where the ktm and husky are placing at opposite ends of the results? The bikes although share many/nearly all parts and come from the same assembly line - feel and work differently. And suit different styles.

The guy asked a question and you gave a smart ass comment.

TeamFlannel wrote:

NOW your singing a different tune EH? MAYBE when your balls drop you will realize that bike test, and "shootouts" are bought and paid for @ #advertising
Carry on

Oh boy, here come the TIN FOIL hats...............

|

10/30/2020 6:39 AM

I tried the GasGas 125 MC 2021. Pretty much the same as a KTM. Triple clamps, handlebar and plastics are the only differences, so the bike feels exactly like a KTM, no big deal.

|

10/30/2020 7:13 AM

I heard from a fairly reliable source that they use slightly less tire pressure in the Gas Gas than the KTM/Husky siblings. 😬

|

10/30/2020 7:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2020 7:28 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

The reason Austrian bike owners get so mad when you say the bikes are the same is because deep down they know it’s true

Gas Gas will be basically a red KTM without some nicer features/parts in the beginning, pretty obvious. But the difference between the KTM and Husqvarnas is quite big at the moment.

If you don't believe that you are either:
1. A troll trying to stir things up.
2. Never ridden the bikes but just assuming that the Husky is a white KTM.
3. You have ridden the bikes but you're not a good rider at all because you couldn't feel any difference.

The "Husky is just a white KTM" is just not true anymore. Based of the same platform but they ride and feel different on the track.

|

10/30/2020 7:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2020 7:34 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

The reason Austrian bike owners get so mad when you say the bikes are the same is because deep down they know it’s true

Motofinne wrote:

Gas Gas will be basically a red KTM without some nicer features/parts in the beginning, pretty obvious. But the difference between the KTM and Husqvarnas is quite big at the moment.

If you don't believe that you are either:
1. A troll trying to stir things up.
2. Never ridden the bikes but just assuming that the Husky is a white KTM.
3. You have ridden the bikes but you're not a good rider at all because you couldn't feel any difference.

The "Husky is just a white KTM" is just not true anymore. Based of the same platform but they ride and feel different on the track.

I’ve ridden both a white KTM 350 and an orange one. They were identical.

The only people that say they feel different are the ones that want hyphen to feel different

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

10/30/2020 7:42 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

The reason Austrian bike owners get so mad when you say the bikes are the same is because deep down they know it’s true

Motofinne wrote:

Gas Gas will be basically a red KTM without some nicer features/parts in the beginning, pretty obvious. But the difference between the KTM and Husqvarnas is quite big at the moment.

If you don't believe that you are either:
1. A troll trying to stir things up.
2. Never ridden the bikes but just assuming that the Husky is a white KTM.
3. You have ridden the bikes but you're not a good rider at all because you couldn't feel any difference.

The "Husky is just a white KTM" is just not true anymore. Based of the same platform but they ride and feel different on the track.

Johnny Ringo wrote:

I’ve ridden both a white KTM 350 and an orange one. They were identical.

The only people that say they feel different are the ones that want hyphen to feel different

What year bikes?

|

10/30/2020 8:39 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

The reason Austrian bike owners get so mad when you say the bikes are the same is because deep down they know it’s true


The 4 Japanese bikes also share quite some key components/suppliers wink
|

10/30/2020 9:10 AM

Shootouts are Bought and Paid for? Really?
There's NO DIFFERENCE between KTM, Husky and GasGas?
If a certain set of models seem to be identical (125s)...that means the same result is what you'll get from the 450s?
The 300s?
The 350s?

Oh, ok. Guess I'll just not concern myself with participating in anymore shootouts where those sitautions certainly WERE NOT TRUE.

Here's the thing: I have had access to more Husky & KTM bikes than any other bike over the last 7 years. If you look at their ratings in the various shoutouts I've done over the last 5 years....? Well, they haven't received my highest rating too many times. In-fact, as of late, I've been rating the Yamahas pretty darn high. Oh, and, the Husky and KTM get rated differently for power, handling and "feel".

In 2019 I rated the KTM 5th! And, just like the Suzuki the year before, I chose one of my lowest rated bikes to ride and race and find out what it took to make it better...I got a '19 KTM and worked on making it better: that was as simple as getting a Vortex from Twisted Development and working on my fork settings.

As to the GasGas question and the OPs post:

Plenty of people are gonna want to know what a "Bare Bones" Austrian 450 runs and feels like.
Does the map switch matter?(Pssst. it's available as an option and plugs in. VOILA! Maps AND TC are "in there"!)
Do you "really" need it?
Do the forged silver clamps make a difference? (Eventhough they've been on EXCs FOREVER)
That straight header...? How does it work (Again, it's been on the Enduro models FOREVER)
What rims are on it...really? (Someone's gonna have to get the production bike and look on the inside of the rim)
The Suspension Settings: Are they different? Are they any good?
Does the bike "feel" different? Does it handle Different?
(This is where some in here sound silly: go read/watch the latest 450 shootouts...listen to Sleete-Dawgs comments on Husky v. KTM...then many of the shit-talkers will need to step back from the key-board...they ARE different.)

Anyhoo...after seeing Michael Mosiman shred his new red 250F, yesterday...? I, too, would like to see some tests and shootouts giving us the run-down on the GasGas bikes.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

10/30/2020 9:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2020 9:45 AM

for example white uses magura brakes, orange uses brembo.. , going to make the performance of stopping different.. one brake system modulates more.. so my opinion is testing will still be different for gasgas.. OP valid question vitaltard. .. LOL

|

10/30/2020 9:46 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Wow, thanks for the info. Nobody here was aware of that.

TeamFlannel wrote:

WHY would first thoughts on the new Gas Gas matter then Einstein? I’ll give you somewhat of a pass as your not the thread starter, just a smart ass.

yz133rider wrote:

Have you seen the shootouts lately where the ktm and husky are placing at opposite ends of the results? The bikes although share many/nearly all parts and come from the same assembly line - feel and work differently. And suit different styles.

The guy asked a question and you gave a smart ass comment.

Photo
|