2021 Cancellations Have Started

cmotodad
1/7/2021 8:09pm
Agree with Green, everyone has an opinion and we don't want to hear about here. This is a place to get away from all the crap we are forced to deal with daily.
kkawboy14
1/7/2021 8:11pm
Grovesy98 wrote:
We've been hit hard again in the UK by a new strain of the virus and are in our 3rd national lockdown. No racing for a...
We've been hit hard again in the UK by a new strain of the virus and are in our 3rd national lockdown. No racing for a minimum of 6 weeks now. I really hope this doesn't make its way over to you guys in the US as it will likely have an effect on the sx and mx seasons ahead. Can't wait for this nightmare to be over and get back to riding again
kkawboy14 wrote:
Apparently all those lock downs didn’t help much
Grovesy98 wrote:
They are aimed at slowing things down so the hospitals can cope, not to get rid of the virus. Our only way out now is to...
They are aimed at slowing things down so the hospitals can cope, not to get rid of the virus. Our only way out now is to slow it down and roll out the vaccine as fast as possible. At some point enough people will be immune and the spread will slow down. I'm on the fence about all of it, I just wanna ride my bike Whistling
We get to ride here, so far the tracks were never shut down.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
1/7/2021 9:15pm
GuyB wrote:
Lots of epidummyologists in here...
Yeah, but I'm still willing to wade through the mess to get the nuggets of real information on the openings or cancellations by region. I feel like I get more real information on this forum sometimes on the pandemic than the right and left wing media.
Grovesy98
1/8/2021 12:39am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Apparently all those lock downs didn’t help much
Grovesy98 wrote:
They are aimed at slowing things down so the hospitals can cope, not to get rid of the virus. Our only way out now is to...
They are aimed at slowing things down so the hospitals can cope, not to get rid of the virus. Our only way out now is to slow it down and roll out the vaccine as fast as possible. At some point enough people will be immune and the spread will slow down. I'm on the fence about all of it, I just wanna ride my bike Whistling
kkawboy14 wrote:
Whereabouts are you?

In the UK we haven't had any real racing for a year now, just the odd few meetings went ahead last year with no spectators. Practice tracks were open. Each lockdown all our tracks are closed though. Most clubs have put out a schedule for this year, but with a new lockdown in force until at least late February it's likely dates will be pushed back or cancelled

The Shop

Johnny Ringo
1/8/2021 6:34am
Stump Jumper’s Desert 100 cancelled again for 21. Race isn’t until April so I was surprised they pulled the plug this early
LungButter
1/8/2021 6:40am
Stump Jumper’s Desert 100 cancelled again for 21. Race isn’t until April so I was surprised they pulled the plug this early
They couldn't get Insurance or the Medical Coverage they need on site.
Johnny Ringo
1/8/2021 6:44am
LungButter wrote:
No kidding? I guess that would make sense. Here’s to 2022
hamncheeze
1/8/2021 11:35pm
GuyB wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Yup But, I notice we stil have statisticians, virus experts and folks running on about masks & what-not. No worries. It's just that I thought this...
Yup

But, I notice we stil have statisticians, virus experts and folks running on about masks & what-not.

No worries. It's just that I thought this side of the forum was "Moto"...not a place for arguing about this stuff nor concern ourselves with each-other's opinions or positions about anything other than...

Moto.

Carry on.

At-least I know that this thread ain't for or about anything worth worrying about. Grinning
Apologies from me for getting carried away. Working in healthcare, you can only imagine how much of my brain is devoted to pandemic shit. It is overwhelmingly dominant at times. But you're right, this is where we should just get away from it. I'll be better.
TeamGreen
1/9/2021 10:28am
GuyB wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Yup But, I notice we stil have statisticians, virus experts and folks running on about masks & what-not. No worries. It's just that I thought this...
Yup

But, I notice we stil have statisticians, virus experts and folks running on about masks & what-not.

No worries. It's just that I thought this side of the forum was "Moto"...not a place for arguing about this stuff nor concern ourselves with each-other's opinions or positions about anything other than...

Moto.

Carry on.

At-least I know that this thread ain't for or about anything worth worrying about. Grinning
hamncheeze wrote:
Apologies from me for getting carried away. Working in healthcare, you can only imagine how much of my brain is devoted to pandemic shit. It is...
Apologies from me for getting carried away. Working in healthcare, you can only imagine how much of my brain is devoted to pandemic shit. It is overwhelmingly dominant at times. But you're right, this is where we should just get away from it. I'll be better.
Dude, no worries! I appreciate what you must be going thru.

As you mentioned, I'm just hoping to get us all into a subject or a discussion where we can all just let go...indeed... Where we try to forget...just for a moment...about all the crazy crap that is in every other part of our lives.

That's all.

As I said, I appreciate that you're making things happen in your professional life. Stay safe out there.

Manny
Bruce372
1/9/2021 10:43am
GuyB wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Yup

Moto.

Carry on.

hamncheeze wrote:
Apologies from me for getting carried away. Working in healthcare, you can only imagine how much of my brain is devoted to pandemic shit. It is...
No need to apologize dude. Many people get where you are coming from.

We've been in this for nearly a year now, if people still think its a hoax, just the flu, masks are bs, vaccines contain tracking chips, then you are wasting your time trying to convince them otherwise.
Ozy
1/9/2021 11:35am
Locking down society would be an easier pill for most to swallow if there were a consensus of science and medical opinion to support it.

It's too easy for conspiracy theories when the powers that control the media, and State Governors of mostly the same political party, do not fairly present both sides of the debate, or even acknowledge that there is very little empirical evidence to support the lockdowns.

I do acknowledge the virus is real and that many people have lost loved ones. very sorry for their losses

I hate how many small businesses have been lost and how the Corporations have increased the bottom line by over a trillion dollars

But chin up everybody - you have a 99.7% chance of surviving if you catch the virus
kkawboy14
1/9/2021 1:00pm
Grovesy98 wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
Grovesy98 wrote:
Whereabouts are you? In the UK we haven't had any real racing for a year now, just the odd few meetings went ahead last year with...
Whereabouts are you?

In the UK we haven't had any real racing for a year now, just the odd few meetings went ahead last year with no spectators. Practice tracks were open. Each lockdown all our tracks are closed though. Most clubs have put out a schedule for this year, but with a new lockdown in force until at least late February it's likely dates will be pushed back or cancelled
Austin Texas
TeamGreen
1/9/2021 1:45pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Grovesy98 wrote:
Whereabouts are you? In the UK we haven't had any real racing for a year now, just the odd few meetings went ahead last year with...
Whereabouts are you?

kkawboy14 wrote:
Austin Texas
In the voice of Cartmann...

Damn Hippies!

Grinning
LungButter
1/13/2021 9:31am
Not a cancellation but EnduroGP is planning a late start for the year.

Ted722
1/15/2021 8:55pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2021 9:10pm
NHRA and track promoter cancelling the Arizona round scheduled for April 23-25. "...due to many circumstances beyond our control, including current COVID-19 restrictions, unfortunately, the event is not feasible for the 2021 season.” The track is on an Indian Reservation.

https://www.nhra.com/news/2021/nhra-exploring-addition-new-event-follow…
lumpy790
1/28/2021 6:27am
The world can return to normal after vaccine turns this around. As a high risk I cant wait to get my vaccine!
GPrider
1/28/2021 8:40am
having just now recovering from it, its no joke. Got it New Years at the desert, yes, outside. Our camp all got it. Anyway, I'm 55, good shape, healthy and it kicked my ass!. Been a month now and still sickly every day. Going to ride for the first time this weekend. Should be interesting as far as breathing. Anyway, cant wait to race again, but in the meantime bring me that vaccine! No fucking way I'm going through that shit again. Thought I was not going to make it at one point. It's not just the flue guys. Thanks healthcare workers!
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
1/28/2021 9:18am
GPrider wrote:
having just now recovering from it, its no joke. Got it New Years at the desert, yes, outside. Our camp all got it. Anyway, I'm 55...
having just now recovering from it, its no joke. Got it New Years at the desert, yes, outside. Our camp all got it. Anyway, I'm 55, good shape, healthy and it kicked my ass!. Been a month now and still sickly every day. Going to ride for the first time this weekend. Should be interesting as far as breathing. Anyway, cant wait to race again, but in the meantime bring me that vaccine! No fucking way I'm going through that shit again. Thought I was not going to make it at one point. It's not just the flue guys. Thanks healthcare workers!
I tested positive a month ago and still running intermittent fevers, debilitating headaches and have zero energy. At least the body aches and cough are pretty much gone. Maybe I didn't die from it but no way do I want to go through this again.
CraigCrashes
Fantasy
1788th
1/28/2021 10:14am
GPrider wrote:
having just now recovering from it, its no joke. Got it New Years at the desert, yes, outside. Our camp all got it. Anyway, I'm 55...
I'm 30 and tested positive a few days before Xmas. Was a week long of the worst flu I've had. I think I'm finally completely over it as far as headaches, appetite, and fatigue go. Still can't smell much but my taste is back to almost normal at least! Definitely an ass kicker and would never want any of my elders to get it.
vet323
1/28/2021 10:27am
I have several friends that got it this fall, they all had fairly normal flu symptoms (except taste/smell loss). I discovered while preparing to donate blood that I also had it in the too distant past. No symptoms at all.
1/28/2021 4:08pm
The severity of Covid illness is related to each persons unique cellular biology. The angiotensin-converting enzyme 2, or ACE2 “receptor,” the protein provides the entry point for the coronavirus to hook into and infect a wide range of human cells. These cellular receptors are like control levers to control various biological systems in your body. The normal purpose of the ACE2 receptors is regulating circulatory system behavior. Some people have more receptors, some have less. ACE2 is present in many cell types and tissues including the lungs, heart, blood vessels, kidneys, liver and gastrointestinal tract.

There is growing evidence that LOW levels of ACE2 cellular receptors are correlated to very severe Covid infections. This is perhaps why you see entire families (who likely share similar cellular biology) wiped out, while most people do not get super sick. If you are one of the unlucky ones, you are going to get really sick, and may die.

It is not really feasible to find out what your cellular receptor characteristics are either...so no one really knows. But if your brother or sister, or both of your parents got really sick quickly or died quickly, THEN YOU SHOULD BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL ABOUT HOW YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE. You should also get vaccinated ASAP. You may be at extreme risk to get very sick.
1/28/2021 4:23pm
Following up on my post is an example from my former boss's family. His mother, grandmother (on mom's side) and father were all infected in April. His grandmother was 90...and she barely got sick. His mom barely got sick. His father was in the ICU for almost a week before he pulled through. For 3 days it was a coin flip as to whether he would live. He still has lingering weakness, lung damage, etc. He was the youngest (62) and fittest of all of them, with no risk factors other than age.
ZOBITO
1/28/2021 5:23pm
EngIceDave wrote:
French Season seems done [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/01/28/475497/s1200_142787432_4005707129439646_8764773068854625639_o.jpg[/img]
French Season seems done

"Only" the two beach races that were left, for now...
Dry
tobias56
1/28/2021 7:16pm
vet323 wrote:
I have several friends that got it this fall, they all had fairly normal flu symptoms (except taste/smell loss). I discovered while preparing to donate blood...
I have several friends that got it this fall, they all had fairly normal flu symptoms (except taste/smell loss). I discovered while preparing to donate blood that I also had it in the too distant past. No symptoms at all.
Lucky for most people who have a strong immune system. My personal fear is me infecting the vulnerable ones at home, especially the kids.
EngIceDave
1/28/2021 8:15pm
My brother was sick for like 2 weeks, lost 18 pounds, It still drags him a bit
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
1/28/2021 8:20pm
GPrider wrote:
I'm 30 and tested positive a few days before Xmas. Was a week long of the worst flu I've had. I think I'm finally completely over...
I'm 30 and tested positive a few days before Xmas. Was a week long of the worst flu I've had. I think I'm finally completely over it as far as headaches, appetite, and fatigue go. Still can't smell much but my taste is back to almost normal at least! Definitely an ass kicker and would never want any of my elders to get it.
We had it run through our house last November. I had it, my wife, son, dad, and mom. Mom and dad are both in their mid 70s with comorbidities. I'm 50 and healthy (except for exercise induced asthma) as is my wife who is probably the most healthy of anyone in our family. Our son is a healthy teenager except for exercise induced asthma. Everyone got through it with no issues, BUT I had medications ready to go from one of our doctors that he put us all on the Zinc/Quercetin/Vitamin D/Vitamins C and Doxycycline protocol from the moment one of us tested positive. All in all, no big deal for any of us - just mild colds. Mine was like a mild sinus infection with mild back aches. I was back to normal within 36 hours. The issue I see is, most people don't get any treatment early on. The sooner you get a treatment protocol going, the lesser the complications will be. Everyone was fine in our house, even those with comorbidities. Get treatment ASAP folks. If your doctor won't give you anything, find a different doctor.
DanDunes818
1/28/2021 11:51pm Edited Date/Time 1/28/2021 11:53pm
lumpy790 wrote:
The world can return to normal after vaccine turns this around. As a high risk I cant wait to get my vaccine!
I'm with you Lumpy. My wife and 1 of my kids are both high risk (one extremely high), so I've literally had to put everything on hold until a shot in the arm. Unfortunately, including traveling to any races. I just wish I was on a Highway in Oregon yesterday. Hahaha

I'm just super happy we have a promoters like FELD and MXSports to keep this sport going.
Chance1216
1/29/2021 2:18am
LungButter wrote:
The one thing I was looking forward to dammit!

Post a reply to: 2021 Cancellations Have Started

The Latest