2021 Cancellations Have Started

EngIceDave
Edited Date/Time 2/1/2021 7:11pm

Hawkstone International MX
2 hours ago
Bad news sadly....

It is with much sadness and disappointment that Salop Motor Club have to announce the cancellation of the International Motocross scheduled for March 14th at Hawkstone.

The new national lockdown which will run well into February and maybe beyond makes it impossible for us to put the event on, even if restrictions were eased slightly we would still not be allowed the spectators and this event is all about letting them see and meet the top GP stars.

On top of that we have riders travelling from all over Europe and the World, logistically this would be a problem as a lot of countries are in the same situation as us and travelling should be avoided.

For sure we will be back with a bang in 2022 and put a really big event on probably returning to the normal date in February.

As a club all of us are absolutely gutted to have to make this decision but we know it is the right one in the current situation, for now it is essential that we all follow the government guidelines, stay safe and look forward to getting back to some normality in the near future.

Gary Ford
Event Secretary Salop Motor Club
|
DC
1/5/2021 4:43am
EngIceDave wrote:
Hawkstone International MX 2 hours ago Bad news sadly.... It is with much sadness and disappointment that Salop Motor Club have to announce the cancellation of...

Hawkstone International MX
2 hours ago
Bad news sadly....

It is with much sadness and disappointment that Salop Motor Club have to announce the cancellation of the International Motocross scheduled for March 14th at Hawkstone.

The new national lockdown which will run well into February and maybe beyond makes it impossible for us to put the event on, even if restrictions were eased slightly we would still not be allowed the spectators and this event is all about letting them see and meet the top GP stars.

On top of that we have riders travelling from all over Europe and the World, logistically this would be a problem as a lot of countries are in the same situation as us and travelling should be avoided.

For sure we will be back with a bang in 2022 and put a really big event on probably returning to the normal date in February.

As a club all of us are absolutely gutted to have to make this decision but we know it is the right one in the current situation, for now it is essential that we all follow the government guidelines, stay safe and look forward to getting back to some normality in the near future.

Gary Ford
Event Secretary Salop Motor Club
Ugh.

DC
Racer X
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
1/5/2021 4:50am
Sadly this is only the start of the cancellations. Europe is getting hit hard by the new strain of the Virus. 21 ain't looking good.

The Shop

Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
1/5/2021 5:02am
EngIceDave wrote:
I figure NYE should peak right about H1
Man, I hope we get a SX season. Here in SA things are getting worse and I can forsee heavier lockdowns on the horizon.

musrat88
1/5/2021 6:09am
Boomslang wrote:
Sadly this is only the start of the cancellations. Europe is getting hit hard by the new strain of the Virus. 21 ain't looking good.

Calm down man its only Jan. 5 still have time to get things under control. Other sports are able to have successful seasons why can't supercross? I know some people like this doom and gloom crap but if we could start having a positive attitude toward things then maybe 2021 will start looking good.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
1/5/2021 6:21am
Boomslang wrote:

musrat88 wrote:
Calm down man its only Jan. 5 still have time to get things under control. Other sports are able to have successful seasons why can't supercross...
Calm down man its only Jan. 5 still have time to get things under control. Other sports are able to have successful seasons why can't supercross? I know some people like this doom and gloom crap but if we could start having a positive attitude toward things then maybe 2021 will start looking good.
I am calm bru....
EngIceDave
1/5/2021 7:00am
The other sports are tightly controlling traffic and player contact.

That doesn't happen here and not saying they should.

Only saying not comparable.

SLC was total lock down, that worked. Now they're not doing lockdowns. Who knows if it'll work OR if the state or local government will allow it to go on
DonM
1/5/2021 7:10am
EngIceDave wrote:
The other sports are tightly controlling traffic and player contact. That doesn't happen here and not saying they should. Only saying not comparable. SLC was total...

SLC was total lock down, that worked. Now they're not doing lockdowns. Who knows if it'll work OR if the state or local government will allow it to go on
And a few riders have already tested positive...that trend will probably continue
STLSharky
1/5/2021 7:16am
Boomslang wrote:

musrat88 wrote:
Calm down man its only Jan. 5 still have time to get things under control. Other sports are able to have successful seasons why can't supercross...
Boomslang wrote:
I am calm bru....
Got to adapt to this B.S and all shoulda been ready for this already.
Sucks big time
1/5/2021 7:16am
You can not stop a virus!! It is going to have to run its course. We did not cancel life with the flu, and we can not with this either.

I am attending the Daytona 500 and the Daytona SX/RCSX. It is going to be interesting to see the restrictions for the 500. I know they are limiting the number of people in the stands. Not sure about infield camping for the 500.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
1/5/2021 7:20am
You can not stop a virus!! It is going to have to run its course. We did not cancel life with the flu, and we can...
You can not stop a virus!! It is going to have to run its course. We did not cancel life with the flu, and we can not with this either.

I am attending the Daytona 500 and the Daytona SX/RCSX. It is going to be interesting to see the restrictions for the 500. I know they are limiting the number of people in the stands. Not sure about infield camping for the 500.
I don't think any rational person has the idea to stop it. The idea is to slow the spread so those who need hospitalization can get it.

It'll be interesting to see how this year plays out. Wish I could hit the fast forward button for just a brief moment.
DC
1/5/2021 7:29am
Did anyone see where the entire NCAA Basketball Tournament (or March Madness) will be played within the state of Indiana? They are doing a sort of "expanded bubble" like the NBA did in Orlando in order to try to thread the needle for a month of games in the Hoosier States, with all of the teams staying in the hotels attached to the Indianapolis Convention Center, which was where all of us motorcycle industry folks stayed every year for the old Indy Trade Show...

DC
Racer X
JustMX
1/5/2021 7:45am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2021 7:50am
EngIceDave wrote:
The other sports are tightly controlling traffic and player contact. That doesn't happen here and not saying they should. Only saying not comparable. SLC was total...

It looks like some of the other sports could learn something from supercross.

If you are going to do a bubble, do it in an area with no strip clubs.

Just kidding

They do have strip clubs in slc.
TeamGreen
1/5/2021 9:16am
EngIceDave wrote:

JustMX wrote:
It looks like some of the other sports could learn something from supercross. If you are going to do a bubble, do it in an area...
It looks like some of the other sports could learn something from supercross.

If you are going to do a bubble, do it in an area with no strip clubs.

Just kidding

They do have strip clubs in slc.
What? Are you CRAZY?!

Coming in here with a sense of humor?

Grinning
MPJC
Fantasy
592nd
1/5/2021 9:20am
You can not stop a virus!! It is going to have to run its course. We did not cancel life with the flu, and we can...

You can not stop a virus? Really? Did smallpox and polio “run their course” or did we stop them with a vaccine? This isn’t a flu, and we may be able to reduce the number of deaths until the vaccine can be widely administered. I’m not saying I know which restrictions should or shouldn’t be in place but it seems to me that those who are most confident they have the answers haven’t understood the questions.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
1/5/2021 9:36am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2021 9:37am
Times are bit different nowdays with the current world population around the 7.8 billion mark....a tad more difficult to deal with than back in the day.

The smallpox vaccine was introduced by Edward Jenner in 1796.

The first polio vaccine was available in the United States in 1955. Thanks to widespread use of polio vaccine, the United States has been polio-free since 1979.

South Africa for example is trying to find funding for the vaccine whilst most of Africa is destitute.

Going to be a while before this mess is fixed up.

8tensolutions
1/5/2021 9:42am

MPJC wrote:
You can not stop a virus? Really? Did smallpox and polio “run their course” or did we stop them with a vaccine? This isn’t a flu...
You can not stop a virus? Really? Did smallpox and polio “run their course” or did we stop them with a vaccine? This isn’t a flu, and we may be able to reduce the number of deaths until the vaccine can be widely administered. I’m not saying I know which restrictions should or shouldn’t be in place but it seems to me that those who are most confident they have the answers haven’t understood the questions.
With the polio and smallpox vaccine, they actually prevent you from getting it. This "vaccine" only helps your body fight it supposedly and you can still get it and transmit it. Still have to wear masks etc, so help me understand how this is a vaccine?

kNewc
1/5/2021 9:45am

My wife is an ER Nurse and patients are dying so often from COVID that they have a reefer truck out right now for bodies. South Bend Indiana. Please do NOT compare this to the flu. My friends Mom died, she was 55. My Aunt died, she was 57 and decently healthy before (she was a bit overweight). I'll be going to Indy SX, but lets not play this down.
kNewc
1/5/2021 9:47am

MPJC wrote:
You can not stop a virus? Really? Did smallpox and polio “run their course” or did we stop them with a vaccine? This isn’t a flu...
With the polio and smallpox vaccine, they actually prevent you from getting it. This "vaccine" only helps your body fight it supposedly and you can still...
With the polio and smallpox vaccine, they actually prevent you from getting it. This "vaccine" only helps your body fight it supposedly and you can still get it and transmit it. Still have to wear masks etc, so help me understand how this is a vaccine?

The vaccine injects the proteins that make up COVID so your body fights those (instead of the harder hitting virus) and your body becomes immune. So how is that different from the flu? Well, the flu shot covers wide variates of the flu (and covid strains of flu) but this newest vaccine for COVID only has the single COVID19 strain. It is fighting a single strain instead of many strains, so it's much more effective.
MPJC
Fantasy
592nd
1/5/2021 9:48am

MPJC wrote:
With the polio and smallpox vaccine, they actually prevent you from getting it. This "vaccine" only helps your body fight it supposedly and you can still...

That's a fair point - "vaccine" might not be the best term for it. I take it what we are ultimately concerned with is illness, so if it prevents that, that's a step in the right direction. They haven't actually said that it doesn't prevent transmission, only that it hasn't been proven that it doesn't. I take it that the effects on transmission are yet to be determined.
MPJC
Fantasy
592nd
1/5/2021 9:54am

kNewc wrote:
My wife is an ER Nurse and patients are dying so often from COVID that they have a reefer truck out right now for bodies. South...
My wife is an ER Nurse and patients are dying so often from COVID that they have a reefer truck out right now for bodies. South Bend Indiana. Please do NOT compare this to the flu. My friends Mom died, she was 55. My Aunt died, she was 57 and decently healthy before (she was a bit overweight). I'll be going to Indy SX, but lets not play this down.
I'm sorry for your loss. I'm constantly taken aback by the idiotic insensitivity from those who flippantly downplay or joke about Covid when they know (or should know, if not for willful ignorance) that some of the people reading what they say will have lost someone to the disease. If people did that about any other disease, the extreme bad taste of their comments would be obvious.
LungButter
1/5/2021 10:04am
All this corona cancellation talk stresses me out, I'm headed to the dealer to buy some tires, oil and spare parts so I can keep riding for awhile after the supply chain shuts down again.
Zaugg
1/5/2021 10:40am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2021 10:41am
It's a bummer about the cancellations. Last I checked, SX/MX were not super-spreader events and as such, if they stick to some sort of health protocol, they'll be fine.

That being said, not sure if any of you are an Epidemiologist or Scientist that have actually studied SARS-CoV-2/ Covid-19 but unless you're speaking from an actual position of expertise, (Sorry - medical professionals don't count because even they can't agree on treatments and their personal opinions tend to cloud their judgement) please stop spreading unconfirmed localized information or theories.

You're just making things worse and adding to the mass hysteria.

Do your research and stop using social media and forums to get your facts. The reason nobody knows what's going on is because everyone thinks they're an expert, they spread what they think is helpful, albeit not true information, and then BAMMM!!! you have an information shit-storm.

And how about we talk about the millions of people that HAVE NOT DIED from Covid-19 instead of discussing the very very small percentage of people who have.

-Rant over...Zaugg OUT!!!

(Disclaimer - I won't be responding to any reply to this post. I've said my piece...like it, hate it, or leave it. Your call.)
MPJC
Fantasy
592nd
1/5/2021 10:45am
Zaugg wrote:
It's a bummer about the cancellations. Last I checked, SX/MX were not super-spreader events and as such, if they stick to some sort of health protocol...
It's a bummer about the cancellations. Last I checked, SX/MX were not super-spreader events and as such, if they stick to some sort of health protocol, they'll be fine.

That being said, not sure if any of you are an Epidemiologist or Scientist that have actually studied SARS-CoV-2/ Covid-19 but unless you're speaking from an actual position of expertise, (Sorry - medical professionals don't count because even they can't agree on treatments and their personal opinions tend to cloud their judgement) please stop spreading unconfirmed localized information or theories.

You're just making things worse and adding to the mass hysteria.

Do your research and stop using social media and forums to get your facts. The reason nobody knows what's going on is because everyone thinks they're an expert, they spread what they think is helpful, albeit not true information, and then BAMMM!!! you have an information shit-storm.

And how about we talk about the millions of people that HAVE NOT DIED from Covid-19 instead of discussing the very very small percentage of people who have.

-Rant over...Zaugg OUT!!!

(Disclaimer - I won't be responding to any reply to this post. I've said my piece...like it, hate it, or leave it. Your call.)
Yes Your Honor, my client committed this murder, but why aren’t we talking about THE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE HE HASN’T KILLED?
LungButter
1/5/2021 12:43pm
LungButter wrote:
All this corona cancellation talk stresses me out, I'm headed to the dealer to buy some tires, oil and spare parts so I can keep riding...
All this corona cancellation talk stresses me out, I'm headed to the dealer to buy some tires, oil and spare parts so I can keep riding for awhile after the supply chain shuts down again.
I'm back, I got:

1 Front Tire
2 Rear Tires
O-Ring Chain
2 Spare Masterlinks
Air Filter Oil
Engine Ice *Seemed right since EID essentially inspired this panic run
2 Oil Filters
New Rim Locks F&R
Front Brake Pads

I'm sure nobody cares but it's about as relevant as some of the other posts in this thread Tongue

Grovesy98
1/5/2021 12:57pm
We've been hit hard again in the UK by a new strain of the virus and are in our 3rd national lockdown. No racing for a minimum of 6 weeks now. I really hope this doesn't make its way over to you guys in the US as it will likely have an effect on the sx and mx seasons ahead. Can't wait for this nightmare to be over and get back to riding again
EngIceDave
1/5/2021 12:58pm
LungButter wrote:
All this corona cancellation talk stresses me out, I'm headed to the dealer to buy some tires, oil and spare parts so I can keep riding...
LungButter wrote:
I'm back, I got: 1 Front Tire 2 Rear Tires O-Ring Chain 2 Spare Masterlinks Air Filter Oil Engine Ice *Seemed right since EID essentially inspired...
I'm back, I got:

1 Front Tire
2 Rear Tires
O-Ring Chain
2 Spare Masterlinks
Air Filter Oil
Engine Ice *Seemed right since EID essentially inspired this panic run
2 Oil Filters
New Rim Locks F&R
Front Brake Pads

I'm sure nobody cares but it's about as relevant as some of the other posts in this thread Tongue

I know how to inspire panic buying.

You get TP and Lysol too?
Chance1216
1/5/2021 1:20pm
EngIceDave wrote:
I know how to inspire panic buying.

You get TP and Lysol too?
LungButter wrote:
Duh [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/01/05/470310/s1200_Screenshot_at_Jan_05_14_01_15.jpg[/img]
Duh

That’s not enough. 😉

Post a reply to: 2021 Cancellations Have Started

The Latest