2021 450 MX Shootout.......good listen

chasetwo79
9/29/2020 2:47pm
walleyeguy wrote:
It amazes me that nobody can come up with suspension that is as good as say...Race Tech. Besides maybe Yamaha of course. Why can't they figure...
It amazes me that nobody can come up with suspension that is as good as say...Race Tech. Besides maybe Yamaha of course. Why can't they figure out what Race Tech (or any other suspension company) does and just do that? Most of them finally figured out what FMF, Pro Circuit, etc. did and produced a pipe that was good stock.
LKHill wrote:
There is a good reason for that. Race Tech only tunes the bike to 1 rider. Production bikes are tuned for every rider.
The KTM/Husky shock is about as good as any aftermarket company stock. It literally just needs tuning for sag, clickers, etc.

Honda forks tend to be pretty great stock, need very little work.

Of course if you’re on the faster side, you need aftermarket work, but that’s because faster people are the minority of the average dirt bike buyers. The suspensions have never been built with B or A class riders in mind.

I do think we are a lot closer than we were 10 or 20 years ago, that’s for sure.

The Shop

Post a reply to: 2021 450 MX Shootout.......good listen

The Latest