2020 kx250 mapping

js451
Bought a 2020 kx 250 last week and loving the bike, dropped back to a 250 as I wanted the feeling of riding a bike to its full potential .

Just wondering if anybody on here has played around with tuning/mapping or adding a vortex ecu on this bike?
I ordered a pro circuit t6 exhaust and it arrived today, has anyone added an exhaust and just used the stock couplings?
|
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
6/25/2020 4:33pm
Pingree and Keefer both did builds and I'm not positive but I'd bet they had a vortex in them. Vids should be on here or Keefer's site
js451
6/25/2020 5:35pm
soggy wrote:
Pingree and Keefer both did builds and I'm not positive but I'd bet they had a vortex in them. Vids should be on here or Keefer's...
Pingree and Keefer both did builds and I'm not positive but I'd bet they had a vortex in them. Vids should be on here or Keefer's site
I did read a build I think from motocross action mag that used the Kawasaki scan tool, but think I would rather buy a vortex than buy the scan tool
MXBen711
6/26/2020 12:55am
I have the vortex and T-6 on mine, it’s an awesome combo. Adds more torque and revs further, kind of fills in all of the gaps. I went up a tooth on the rear too, the bike revs so far it doesn’t really affect top end but there is a noticeable gap between 2nd and 3rd gear I noticed when using stock gearing.

Get some PC clutch springs too, stock ones are soft. I also run a no toil super flo kit, this is probably the best bike I’ve ever had
js451
6/26/2020 1:35am
MXBen711 wrote:
I have the vortex and T-6 on mine, it’s an awesome combo. Adds more torque and revs further, kind of fills in all of the gaps...
I have the vortex and T-6 on mine, it’s an awesome combo. Adds more torque and revs further, kind of fills in all of the gaps. I went up a tooth on the rear too, the bike revs so far it doesn’t really affect top end but there is a noticeable gap between 2nd and 3rd gear I noticed when using stock gearing.

Get some PC clutch springs too, stock ones are soft. I also run a no toil super flo kit, this is probably the best bike I’ve ever had
Nice man yes so so far I am loving the kx250. I’m installing the t6 now, did you remove the spark arrestor from the muffler end?

Surprised you went up a tooth in the rear I was considering going down one from what I’ve read.

The Shop

js451
6/26/2020 1:42am
MXBen711 wrote:
I have the vortex and T-6 on mine, it’s an awesome combo. Adds more torque and revs further, kind of fills in all of the gaps...

Also can you tell me more about the vortex, did you have it tuned? Or does it come with bike specific maps? Never used one. Cheers
Titan777
6/26/2020 9:51am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2020 9:53am
MXBen711 wrote:

How many springs did you replace and in which order (if it matters).

I use stock gearing and I like it. I think also keefer said to leave it as is.
I have a full FMF Ti system.
js451
6/26/2020 7:07pm
Just took it for a ride with the t6 and the white coupling, this things a rocket! Don’t think I’ll bother with vortex

Post a reply to: 2020 kx250 mapping

The Latest