2020 YZ250FX - Notoil Superflo kit

PTshox
I just got one of the Notoil cages and filter setup for the YZ250FX. I’m going to suggest you check the fit of the filter cage with the plastic part that replaces the OEM screened unit.
My filter cage didn’t sit flush with the other part once you tighten it down with the star nut. What I suggest is a test fit without the filter on the filter cage to see if the filter cage rests against or very close to the part that replaces the OEM screen unit and screws onto the stock air box. Mine was off a little bit and the filter cage didn’t sit flush or have a consistence small gap all the way around. Part of it was some flashing from the injection mold… but the gap in general is bigger then what I liked. I want the filter pinched tightly between the two parts. I don't see cutting the filter via the cage as an issue.
The fix is simple…. Just sand down the post that extrudes from the part that screws onto the air box and test the fit again by screwing down the filter cage onto it via the “star nut” supplied. It took 10 mins and after a few try’s I got a uniform small gap (if any) between the filter cage and the part I’m describing.

Hope this helps.
|
mx317
3/11/2021 12:43pm
PTshox wrote:
I just got one of the Notoil cages and filter setup for the YZ250FX. I’m going to suggest you check the fit of the filter cage...
I just got one of the Notoil cages and filter setup for the YZ250FX. I’m going to suggest you check the fit of the filter cage with the plastic part that replaces the OEM screened unit.
My filter cage didn’t sit flush with the other part once you tighten it down with the star nut. What I suggest is a test fit without the filter on the filter cage to see if the filter cage rests against or very close to the part that replaces the OEM screen unit and screws onto the stock air box. Mine was off a little bit and the filter cage didn’t sit flush or have a consistence small gap all the way around. Part of it was some flashing from the injection mold… but the gap in general is bigger then what I liked. I want the filter pinched tightly between the two parts. I don't see cutting the filter via the cage as an issue.
The fix is simple…. Just sand down the post that extrudes from the part that screws onto the air box and test the fit again by screwing down the filter cage onto it via the “star nut” supplied. It took 10 mins and after a few try’s I got a uniform small gap (if any) between the filter cage and the part I’m describing.

Hope this helps.
I returned mine and got a Twin Air setup because it looked like it was pinching the filter hard on one corner and could leave a gap. The Twin Air fits much better, but does cost quite a bit more.
PTshox
3/11/2021 1:18pm
Good video.. .but he didn't test fit the parts I'm talking about. He just installed it. It's a great kit and value... just take 10 mins and make sure the filter cage fits snug/ flat on the part he screws onto the OEM air box. Test fit the two parts with out the filter on the filter cage.
AH387
3/11/2021 5:48pm
Thanks for the info. Just got one and will certainly check it over upon installation.

The Shop

mikejones202
Fantasy
3189th
4/22/2021 12:03pm
Does anyone know if the twin air powerflo filter will work with this kit as well?
Leeham
Fantasy
3088th
4/22/2021 12:09pm
Does anyone know if the twin air powerflo filter will work with this kit as well?
I will be trying that here next week when I get the no toil kit. I backordered the twin air kit awhile ago, so the no toil kit is just a place holder. I have the twin air filters for the powerflow setup. I will try the twin air on the no toil. I remember seeing somewhere that someone said it does fit fine
mikejones202
Fantasy
3189th
4/22/2021 12:24pm
Leeham wrote:
I will be trying that here next week when I get the no toil kit. I backordered the twin air kit awhile ago, so the no...
I will be trying that here next week when I get the no toil kit. I backordered the twin air kit awhile ago, so the no toil kit is just a place holder. I have the twin air filters for the powerflow setup. I will try the twin air on the no toil. I remember seeing somewhere that someone said it does fit fine
Thanks man! Im going to order the no toil kit today....just hard pressed to spend $150 more for the twin air one lol
Leeham
Fantasy
3088th
4/22/2021 12:40pm
Thanks man! Im going to order the no toil kit today....just hard pressed to spend $150 more for the twin air one lol
Haha no doubt! Ill just put the no toil one on my brothers 19 250 once I get my twin air one! Its always something I can take off and sell to someone on here since its not a wear item.

Post a reply to: 2020 YZ250FX - Notoil Superflo kit

The Latest