2020 Loretta Lynn's Amateur bench racing

Related:
Create New Tag

8/4/2020 7:23 AM

Didn't see a thread yet. Track looks really good this morning!

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

8/4/2020 7:26 AM

85 and supermini racing is the best.

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

8/4/2020 7:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2020 7:29 AM

mini Sr 2 up. See if Deegan can lay down the gap

|

8/4/2020 7:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2020 7:41 AM

Cochran's RM looks so good. He's on the move!

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

8/4/2020 7:43 AM

There is a whole lot of orange in the 85's.

|

8/4/2020 7:51 AM

Would Deegan dominate like that in supermini class ? Seems to me he is on his own in the Mini Sr class

|

8/4/2020 8:00 AM

I will say it once more....the whole "drawing spoons for gate picks" has to go. I know it's tradition but there's no way a guy who wins his regional should get last gate pick. Titles are lost each year because of this. /rant

On a more positive note....Best week of the year!

|

8/4/2020 8:09 AM

Good race in 50+!

|

8/4/2020 8:10 AM

So cool to see these two older gents going at it!

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

8/4/2020 8:20 AM

Is there a link to live timing and results?
Thanks in Advance.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

8/4/2020 8:22 AM

Baton Rouge wrote:

Would Deegan dominate like that in supermini class ? Seems to me he is on his own in the Mini Sr class

Short answer, No.

One thing you have to remember about Amateur MX in America (versus literally every other country), is our love for having 153 classes available for you to race. If we had just ONE 85 / Supermini / Big Wheel / Whatever you would want to call it - he would be consistently around the Top 5. In having ~ 6 / 7 85 classes, we offer a distorted perception of who stands where. It's kinda messed up honestly. We literally just did a video with LeBig (lebigusa.com) at Red Bud about just that haha

It is worth noting, that the Moto before - Fauser & Adams had lap times on par with Deegan - even Landen Gordon (on a dinosaur) had a faster last lap (as both of whom were going through traffic - and that was the 10-12 class). Cochran probably had a bad gate pick - forcing him to start from the outside - he should be up with Deegan. I wouldn't base your theory off of one, morning Moto at LL haha When the Supermini classes are off later - it would be safe to assume: Mark Finies, Ryder D, Towers, etc. will all be faster than him.

In being from France, I'll give you a comparison. Quentin Prunieres & Maxime Grau (last year) would run away from Deegan haha

|

8/4/2020 8:22 AM

Boomslang wrote:

Is there a link to live timing and results?
Thanks in Advance.

https://resultsmx.com/lorettas/liveresults.asp

|

8/4/2020 8:22 AM

|

8/4/2020 8:29 AM

Nic Hayes put on a clinic in Vet30+ huge gap

|

8/4/2020 8:32 AM

Jack Chambers is putting on the heat!

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

8/4/2020 8:33 AM

Wow Dax Bennick is racing 250's already? It felt like he was riding 65's yesterday. Kid looks really good.

|

8/4/2020 8:35 AM

Kitchen is flying.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

8/4/2020 8:37 AM

dirtworldmx wrote:

I will say it once more....the whole "drawing spoons for gate picks" has to go. I know it's tradition but there's no way a guy who wins his regional should get last gate pick. Titles are lost each year because of this. /rant

On a more positive note....Best week of the year!

the people that voted this down, have NO idea what you are talking about haha

I've seen a handful of titles lost in the first Moto (picking a 30+ gate pick, having to start from WAAAYYYY outside and work through the field). It is definitely archaic haha

Not to beat a dead horse, but one would assume this would be an opportune occasion to implement some sort of "Timed Qualifying" Sessions (on Monday). It would absolutely be advantageous for Amateur's to start getting used to that. Seems to work in every other Amateur / Development Motorsport Series (i.e. CEV Repsol Moto2 / Moto3, F3, F4, EMX 65, 85, 125, etc.). I want the record to show, I'm not telling anyone how to do their job - just saying - from the other motorsport industries I work in, it just seems to work and aid in the development of these amateurs.

|

8/4/2020 8:38 AM

Holy crap, Kitchen is on another level. Wheeling through ruts! Amazing.

|

8/4/2020 8:38 AM

Boomslang wrote:

Is there a link to live timing and results?
Thanks in Advance.

Thank you.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

8/4/2020 8:40 AM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

Holy crap, Kitchen is on another level. Wheeling through ruts! Amazing.

Dude is putting on a clinic

|

8/4/2020 8:45 AM

Same thing can be said about Kitchen that is being said about Deegan. Why not ride in the real 250B class? I agree with there being too many classes. I think once you get on big bikes especially you should ride with who your true competition is. Not who signs up for the least stacked class or less prestigious title.
It did work out pretty good for Justin Cooper and Brandon Hartranft though.

Kitchen is hauling ass. Would like to see him mix it up with the other big names of the B class.

|

8/4/2020 8:46 AM

Anyone got the race order?

|

8/4/2020 8:50 AM

brycepdh wrote:

Anyone got the race order?

Photo
|

8/4/2020 9:08 AM

We'll see how he stacks up against the other 250B and 250 Pro Sport riders in lap times over the week, but Kitchens was very impressive. Love his riding style.

But yeah, WAY too many classes. The problem is these kids don't race locally anymore, so the only time they can be seen is at the big nationals. So if you have a big sponsored rider in the 85 class, you need a class for him to be top-dog in each year as he adjusts to the bigger bikes before moving to 250A.

It's stupid.

|

8/4/2020 9:09 AM

Baton Rouge wrote:

Would Deegan dominate like that in supermini class ? Seems to me he is on his own in the Mini Sr class

CEMX182 wrote:

Short answer, No.

One thing you have to remember about Amateur MX in America (versus literally every other country), is our love for having 153 classes available for you to race. If we had just ONE 85 / Supermini / Big Wheel / Whatever you would want to call it - he would be consistently around the Top 5. In having ~ 6 / 7 85 classes, we offer a distorted perception of who stands where. It's kinda messed up honestly. We literally just did a video with LeBig (lebigusa.com) at Red Bud about just that haha

It is worth noting, that the Moto before - Fauser & Adams had lap times on par with Deegan - even Landen Gordon (on a dinosaur) had a faster last lap (as both of whom were going through traffic - and that was the 10-12 class). Cochran probably had a bad gate pick - forcing him to start from the outside - he should be up with Deegan. I wouldn't base your theory off of one, morning Moto at LL haha When the Supermini classes are off later - it would be safe to assume: Mark Finies, Ryder D, Towers, etc. will all be faster than him.

In being from France, I'll give you a comparison. Quentin Prunieres & Maxime Grau (last year) would run away from Deegan haha

link to the video?

|

8/4/2020 9:20 AM

TriRacer27 wrote:

We'll see how he stacks up against the other 250B and 250 Pro Sport riders in lap times over the week, but Kitchens was very impressive. Love his riding style.

But yeah, WAY too many classes. The problem is these kids don't race locally anymore, so the only time they can be seen is at the big nationals. So if you have a big sponsored rider in the 85 class, you need a class for him to be top-dog in each year as he adjusts to the bigger bikes before moving to 250A.

It's stupid.

I’m sure in some cases it’s not the riders decision completely which class they ride in.

|

8/4/2020 9:21 AM

So If Bennick makes top 10 he’s forced to the A class at 15 years old?

|

8/4/2020 9:31 AM

ElliotB16 wrote:

So If Bennick makes top 10 he’s forced to the A class at 15 years old?

No, there is an age exception rule...I think Pierce Brown was in the same situation a couple of years ago...

|

8/4/2020 9:34 AM

Anyone have info on Luca Marsalisi from Yonkers NY? not exactly a MX hot spot...He rode from 6th to 1st in 450B and backed it up, going to the line just 90 minutes later for 250B limited and rode from 27th on lap one to 4th. Pretty impressive! I cant even imagine how difficult two motos in two hours there is.

|