2020 Ktm 125 hgs jetting

We have a 2020 Ktm 125 and have just got a full hgs system for it , what jetting will need to be changed? What will I need to change for the pipe to run well?
|
mag23
9/25/2019 5:02am
Ride and see how it runs before changing the jetting. There's too many variables to predict what you need.

Also, if you have trouble and can't seem to get the stock carb just right, many use a stock 2016 125sx carb, which is a Keihin 38mm.

HGS should run great, good choice!
Tracktor
9/25/2019 12:03pm
mag23 wrote:
Ride and see how it runs before changing the jetting. There's too many variables to predict what you need. Also, if you have trouble and can't...
Ride and see how it runs before changing the jetting. There's too many variables to predict what you need.

Also, if you have trouble and can't seem to get the stock carb just right, many use a stock 2016 125sx carb, which is a Keihin 38mm.

Add an STIC insert to that Keihin carb and prepare to be blown away. (BTW, any 38mm Airstryker short body carb will work doesn't need to be off the KTM)............
Bruce372
9/25/2019 5:21pm
HGS pipe is a top end screamer, so focus on the main and be prepared to hold it wide open.
mag23
9/26/2019 5:21am
mag23 wrote:
Ride and see how it runs before changing the jetting. There's too many variables to predict what you need. Also, if you have trouble and can't...

Tracktor wrote:
Add an STIC insert to that Keihin carb and prepare to be blown away. (BTW, any 38mm Airstryker short body carb will work doesn't need to...
Add an STIC insert to that Keihin carb and prepare to be blown away. (BTW, any 38mm Airstryker short body carb will work doesn't need to be off the KTM)............
This looks really cool, I haven't seen before. Have you tried on a 16-20 125sx?

The Shop

Bruce372
9/26/2019 5:40am
mag23 wrote:

Tracktor wrote:
Add an STIC insert to that Keihin carb and prepare to be blown away. (BTW, any 38mm Airstryker short body carb will work doesn't need to...
mag23 wrote:
Lots of people have, including those with dyno access.

It's a very good mod, it makes a big difference on my 150 2018 sx and I am currently doing the same job on our tc125
garagedog
Fantasy
687th
9/26/2019 6:39am
Tracktor wrote:
mag23 wrote:
Bruce372 wrote:
Lots of people have, including those with dyno access. It's a very good mod, it makes a big difference on my 150 2018 sx and I...
Lots of people have, including those with dyno access.

It's a very good mod, it makes a big difference on my 150 2018 sx and I am currently doing the same job on our tc125
What jetting changes are needed for STIC? Ive heard it has to be richened up quite a bit.
Tracktor
9/26/2019 10:29am
mag23 wrote:

Tracktor wrote:
mag23 wrote:
In both our TC125's and one i my 96 CR125. All with just amazing results. My oldest boy is only wanting to ride 125's now we are selling his 250f. Which he was originally selling to get a 450, lol.

They come pre-jetted. They use much different(richer) jetting due to their design..............
Bruce372
9/27/2019 6:26am
What i found interesting, when pitbits did a thing on the 125 class supporting the GP series, all the KTM and Husky bikes were running the Mikuni. Including the factory supported bikes.
Tracktor
9/27/2019 9:56am
Bruce372 wrote:
What i found interesting, when pitbits did a thing on the 125 class supporting the GP series, all the KTM and Husky bikes were running the...
What i found interesting, when pitbits did a thing on the 125 class supporting the GP series, all the KTM and Husky bikes were running the Mikuni. Including the factory supported bikes.
I have a stack of Mikunis in a box all brand new lol. Even without the STIC I would run Keihin.

Did the STIC change the exhaust note on your bike? Both of ours sound completely different. The one I just went through (modded) and put the newest version sounds like a 250. You can pick it out on the track by the exhaust sound.......
Bruce372
9/27/2019 4:46pm
Bruce372 wrote:
What i found interesting, when pitbits did a thing on the 125 class supporting the GP series, all the KTM and Husky bikes were running the...
Tracktor wrote:
I have a stack of Mikunis in a box all brand new lol. Even without the STIC I would run Keihin. Did the STIC change the...
I have a stack of Mikunis in a box all brand new lol. Even without the STIC I would run Keihin.

Did the STIC change the exhaust note on your bike? Both of ours sound completely different. The one I just went through (modded) and put the newest version sounds like a 250. You can pick it out on the track by the exhaust sound.......
Yeah, ive got two stic on bike also.... but none of us are running factory anything, so you never know....
9/28/2019 12:30am
Keihin with a STIC is better than Mikuni
Any dyno ?
Lectron vs STIC ?
Bruce372
9/28/2019 4:27pm
on thje 2019, STIC beats mikuni on the dyno.

i have 2018, riding test, the STIC beats the electron that came on my bike.

Post a reply to: 2020 Ktm 125 hgs jetting

The Latest