2020 Honda crf250r reviews

NoMuff2Tuff
I pick up a 2020 and the bike has a lot of good points about it. The motor is pretty strong mid and top, like the test report it does lack some low end torque but its so low in the curve you don't even notice it unless your riding that low in the curve. After riding a 18 it obvious Honda made a big improvement in low end, The handling is pretty sweet on the bike and it turns like a dream, it follows a rut much better then my 14. It might be one of the heavier 250's but it feels so light in the air. My biggest gripe with the bike is it doesn't shift well at all, at times you have to let off the gas a bit to get it to shift and i can see this could be a issue racing it. With 4 hours of run time I think the tranny should have loosened up by now. It's kind of frustrating because Honda's are know for there smooth shifting. Report back your thoughts on the bike.
|
zlowery
11/18/2019 7:09pm
Like my 2019 450 honda, im guessing it has the judder spring. Order a new fiber plate and ditch the small-plate and judder spring. My crf450 was hard to shift without letting off the gas and fully pulling the clutch - until i removed the judder spring. I still dont understand why they put that in.
NoMuff2Tuff
11/19/2019 7:06am
Thanks, I had talked to someone about the clutch possibly being a issue with it not shifting well at WOT and yes it does have the judder spring. Same here, don't know why they use a judder spring. My 14 had the judder spring and wasn't this hard to shift but hopefully removing it helps the 20
Moto520
11/19/2019 8:46am
my honda 250F's have always been hard to shift into 5th gear with a heavy load.
ryanxmx31
11/21/2019 1:51pm Edited Date/Time 11/21/2019 1:54pm
Mine started shifting alot better with 5 hours on I have a 2019, I am curious how different they are from the 2020s

The Shop

afk66
11/21/2019 2:23pm
I’m on a 2020 now and I haven’t had the same issue. I did change to a arc r8 perch and lever as I had an extra one right away. I feel like it shifts pretty smooth. I’m 6 hrs in now without any issues, bike feels faster the more I’ve rode it. Maybe play with your shift lever to see if you an adjustment? My boots are bike so I usually have to adjust both the shift lever and brake pedal.
afk66
11/21/2019 2:25pm
Thanks, I had talked to someone about the clutch possibly being a issue with it not shifting well at WOT and yes it does have the...
Thanks, I had talked to someone about the clutch possibly being a issue with it not shifting well at WOT and yes it does have the judder spring. Same here, don't know why they use a judder spring. My 14 had the judder spring and wasn't this hard to shift but hopefully removing it helps the 20
Maybe the clutch cable needs an adjustment as well?
NoMuff2Tuff
11/21/2019 2:44pm
Thanks, I had talked to someone about the clutch possibly being a issue with it not shifting well at WOT and yes it does have the...
afk66 wrote:
Maybe the clutch cable needs an adjustment as well?
Everything adjusted correct and after the first time I rode it I installed the longer Hammer Head shifter which helped a lot to give your foot some more room. I think it helped a little bit in shifting but still not smooth as it should be I feel. I’m only at 3.8 hours and I’m waiting on a new fiber so I can remove the judder spring and see what happens with this set up and some more break in time. Im running the aggressive map with backfire screen removed and so far no complaints on power being all stock. Has really good stock suspension.

Post a reply to: 2020 Honda crf250r reviews

The Latest