2020 Endurocross

Mr. Info
Edited Date/Time 10/30/2020 7:49am
Guys and girls Endurocross starts back up tomorrow and Saturday at Glensdyland(Glen Helen Raceway). On the web site and tickets are 20 for 1 day and 35 for 2 days. And again the following weekend before the final 2 rounds in Idaho. If you have never watched one live now is your chance.
Watch the time trials and the heat races and the mains. It’s even open to those who want to give it a try with Vet and Women’s and Pro. Classes.
|
LungButter
10/22/2020 10:30pm
Hell yes.

Anthony Johnson. He’s from far North Idaho. Kid has skills, been riding with Haaker a little. Hoping he can turn some heads.
chuckie108
10/23/2020 8:28am
Endurocross Friday and Saturday, Burner's vintage classic Saturday, And SRA Sunday- going to be a great weekend at GH!!
LungButter
10/23/2020 1:43pm
Bump.

Anybody at GH? Can we get some updates?
hubbardmx50
10/23/2020 2:31pm
Might cruise out there tomorrow. Are tickets on Endurocross’s website or GH?

The Shop

10/23/2020 8:02pm
The first round turned out to be quite exciting with 3 riders tied going into the 3rd and final race. Here are some pics. Round 2 is tomorrow, Sat. Oct. 24th. Qualifying starts at 10am and racing begins at approximately 3:30pm. Tickets online at glenhelen.com. Our instagram page has the IGTV of the 3rd and final race. See who won.

JM485
10/23/2020 8:50pm
Here’s a couple pictures from my day. I ended up 3rd in the amateur class which I’m stoked on, made a stupid mistake leading on the first lap and dumped the bike over but was able to ride smart and work my way back up. This was my first time every seeing Glen Helen in person and it was an awesome facility, and the endurocross guys made a heck of a course with extremely limited resources and time. Thanks to everyone involved for an awesome event!

Johnny Depp
10/23/2020 10:45pm
Thanks for the photos, great ride. Good luck tomorrow.
Ted722
10/24/2020 12:44pm
Congrats Josh (JM485)^^👍, Endrurocross is unique and very very entertaining. Combination of off-road, moto, and trials.

I’m thinking Dick Mann would have done Ok in this sport. Always had the utmost respect for riders that have success across disciplines.
LungButter
10/26/2020 8:49am
Seems like some good racing at Round 1 and 2.

Cool to see Cooper Abbott get a Moto win!

I'm not shocked at all to see Haaker rise to the top or to see Hart keep knocking on the door of the Haaker/Webb dominance. I suspect he's gonna keep steadily getting better now that he has a full KTM factory ride.

Idaho boy Anthony Johnson had a solid showing, sitting 9th in points. Not bad for a 17 year old kid riding an 8 year old bike!

Roostermx58
10/26/2020 9:34am
LungButter wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/10/26/456154/s1200_IMG_0618.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/10/26/456155/s1200_IMG_0619.jpg[/img]

Skid plate helps?
LungButter
10/26/2020 10:03am
Skid plate helps?
He runs one, that's just what happens when you ride endurocross 5 to 7 days a week on an 8 year old bike I suppose.

racerxx276
10/26/2020 10:37am
Too many jumps.. racing happens on the ground. Espeically in hard enduro.

Even Cody was complaining about the excess of jumps...
LungButter
10/26/2020 10:43am
racerxx276 wrote:

Cody seems to have a complaint every time he doesn't win any event. He needs to realize these races are for everyone to compete, not to be tailored to what he feels they should be.

*That said, I can agree that it should be more technical based than what it is, but they all have to race the same course so it is what it is.
JM485
10/26/2020 12:32pm
racerxx276 wrote:

LungButter wrote:
Cody seems to have a complaint every time he doesn't win any event. He needs to realize these races are for everyone to compete, not to...
Cody seems to have a complaint every time he doesn't win any event. He needs to realize these races are for everyone to compete, not to be tailored to what he feels they should be.

*That said, I can agree that it should be more technical based than what it is, but they all have to race the same course so it is what it is.
The problem is every jump in the track has a landing with a log on top of it, so if you case it you’re either going over the bars or your frame is going to look like Anthony’s. I won’t do most of the jumps for that reason, they aren’t big but the consequences for going tiny bit short or a tiny bit long are even worse than SX. I’m all for having some jumps out there but I get where Cody is coming from, the risk on a lot of them is extremely high.
LungButter
10/26/2020 1:02pm
JM485 wrote:
The problem is every jump in the track has a landing with a log on top of it, so if you case it you’re either going...
The problem is every jump in the track has a landing with a log on top of it, so if you case it you’re either going over the bars or your frame is going to look like Anthony’s. I won’t do most of the jumps for that reason, they aren’t big but the consequences for going tiny bit short or a tiny bit long are even worse than SX. I’m all for having some jumps out there but I get where Cody is coming from, the risk on a lot of them is extremely high.
Makes sense.
racerxx276
10/26/2020 1:35pm
You have internet service in Yellow Pine? When endurocross first started out it was pretty much pure manmade hard enduro, one jump at the finish line.

For some reason promoters seem to think there has to be a lot of jumps, just like sx and now mx.

Just like MX , the jumps are killing the amateur turnout...

LungButter
10/26/2020 1:57pm
racerxx276 wrote:
You have internet service in Yellow Pine? When endurocross first started out it was pretty much pure manmade hard enduro, one jump at the finish line...
You have internet service in Yellow Pine? When endurocross first started out it was pretty much pure manmade hard enduro, one jump at the finish line.

For some reason promoters seem to think there has to be a lot of jumps, just like sx and now mx.

Just like MX , the jumps are killing the amateur turnout...

What's ironic about that is that originally the tracks were tamed down so they were easier for the Amateurs. That turned in to the Pros jumping everything which has evolved in to the ESX (EnduroSuperCross) that we have now.

Either way, it's usually still the most exiting form of 2 wheel racing to watch in my opinion so I'll take what I can get!
Johnny Depp
10/26/2020 3:55pm
Let's hope they change the track to more technical next week. Endurocross used to be crazy, unpredictable, different leaders due to tip overs every lap, a perfect storm for spectators. Trials bikes used to be competitive. Now it's like SX, jump, jump, jump. I'm one of the biggest fans and I'm sorry to see them killing the sport this way, no one in the stands, no live timing or video, no race threads etc. They killed the goose.
JM485
10/26/2020 4:49pm
I highly disagree that the jumps are killing the amateur scene, if anything it’s making it more inviting for most of us because we actually have a chance of getting around the track without getting stuck 3 times. It’s a tough call, if the track is too technical then it’s pretty much impossible for the amateur classes to actually race since it turns into pure survival, but then it becomes too easy for the pros.

I think the biggest problem, and why it seems like the tracks are too basic, is that the top pros are just so damn good! Seriously, these guys can go through sections at speeds I can’t comprehend and be in full control, it’s more mind blowing to me than supercross and I’ve done both at the amateur level. The difference in speed between an amateur like myself who doesn’t have a track to practice on vs a pro who’s training on this stuff for months leading up to the event is huge. It’s a tough balance but I think overall they do a pretty good job of finding it, no matter what they do one side isn’t going to be happy.

I do find the larger finish line jump to be pretty fun though. Wink
Johnny Depp
10/26/2020 5:05pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2020 5:12pm
JM485 wrote:
I highly disagree that the jumps are killing the amateur scene, if anything it’s making it more inviting for most of us because we actually have...
I highly disagree that the jumps are killing the amateur scene, if anything it’s making it more inviting for most of us because we actually have a chance of getting around the track without getting stuck 3 times. It’s a tough call, if the track is too technical then it’s pretty much impossible for the amateur classes to actually race since it turns into pure survival, but then it becomes too easy for the pros.

I think the biggest problem, and why it seems like the tracks are too basic, is that the top pros are just so damn good! Seriously, these guys can go through sections at speeds I can’t comprehend and be in full control, it’s more mind blowing to me than supercross and I’ve done both at the amateur level. The difference in speed between an amateur like myself who doesn’t have a track to practice on vs a pro who’s training on this stuff for months leading up to the event is huge. It’s a tough balance but I think overall they do a pretty good job of finding it, no matter what they do one side isn’t going to be happy.

I do find the larger finish line jump to be pretty fun though. Wink
Yes, I realize amateur is a different deal. They need to be creative. That's what the joker lane concept is, it could be optional as a shortcut. There's nothing stopping amateurs from riding water pits, riding over cars, big logs that high center people etc. You should expect to get stuck and fall over a few times. Disagree about the multiple jumps adding what people expect from EX. No problem with one for the finish line, but tractor tires used to be obstacles not launching pads. Lots more odd matrix and bigger rocks in the piles. Slippery hill right after a water tank, sand pits. If stuff isn't hard enough spray some water on it. Not out to tear up bikes and hurt people, but I expect the pro's to be challenged with multiple lead changes as a result. Most of these guys have a Trials background and those skills need to be needed for something.
ccullins
10/26/2020 5:20pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2020 5:29pm
Instead of saying too much I’ll just go back to this.

2013 Vegas Final was the best track ever IMO. One small jump.

There where over 60 amateurs trying to qualify for 12 spots, it was really hard just to make the main!

The stands where packed and the crowd loved the action! Not to mention the great live stream coverage

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eLgDDCUG4z4

Crisp
10/26/2020 5:57pm
Any video's of the latest rounds?
LungButter
10/27/2020 8:51am
CCullins, was your boy the only 2 stroke in the mains?
ccullins
10/27/2020 1:37pm
LungButter wrote:
CCullins, was your boy the only 2 stroke in the mains?
No, the Beta guys where also on 2 strokes.

He’s Definitely wishing he had gone with the TM 300 4t after the first couple rounds.

Post a reply to: 2020 Endurocross

The Latest