2020 Daytona Start

10/9/2019 7:54pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
MXofN needs to happen at Daytona. The only negative is no elevation changes.
Banking has elevation. I'm honestly surprised they've never used it. It would be Pontiac without having to go up in the stands.
10/9/2019 8:05pm
It’s not a holeshot. It’s a start. Only the guy in the lead exiting the first turn gets a holeshot, everyone else just did a start.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
10/9/2019 8:08pm
Its at a NASCAR track so maybe they are just following the motto .. go fast turn left

The Shop

SWOHIO GUY
10/9/2019 8:24pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
Banking has elevation. I'm honestly surprised they've never used it. It would be Pontiac without having to go up in the stands.
The banking would take away the fans or some at the least. It would be 10x better than Assen, and Daytona is actually rooted deeply in US motocross tradition. Looking at the track this year, I think Herlings and Gajser should show up. I think they could compete on this track and it would be interesting to see them stack up.
JMX82
10/10/2019 12:25am
The track looks great! Finally something different from regular jump turn jump turn.... track layout
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
10/10/2019 12:49am
JMX82 wrote:
The track looks great! Finally something different from regular jump turn jump turn.... track layout
Yup, the layout is basic and everyone in the main will be fast on the track. Looking forward to the outcome.
BrianMnMoto
10/10/2019 6:54am
Jordan421 wrote:
Didnt someone get hurt in 09 during practice or maybe the sight lap? Thatvysar also had a 360 right after the start.
Yeah, Wil Hahn got T-boned by Wharton on that one. I was Wil's mechanic that year. We straightened the bike out and he rode, but his hip and thigh were pretty beat up.
10/10/2019 7:50am
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
The banking would take away the fans or some at the least. It would be 10x better than Assen, and Daytona is actually rooted deeply in...
The banking would take away the fans or some at the least. It would be 10x better than Assen, and Daytona is actually rooted deeply in US motocross tradition. Looking at the track this year, I think Herlings and Gajser should show up. I think they could compete on this track and it would be interesting to see them stack up.
Fans being on the banking is a relatively new thing IIRC. It don't think it would keep people from showing up.
motomike137
10/10/2019 7:57am
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
The banking would take away the fans or some at the least. It would be 10x better than Assen, and Daytona is actually rooted deeply in...
Id love to see the top MXGP guys at this race!
Lightning78
10/10/2019 11:08am
What I see here in a track being this basic it's the same thing we always have a problem with all top 20 guys on the same second with each other and the start is going to be the most critical part whoever gets the start will win it'll be one lined and no passing….. there I just gave you the outcome of the race insert three riders for the podium.

Personally I think the start is kind of cool and unique but the rest of the track leads me to believe this is going to be one of those races that doesn't deliver and I may end up with egg on my face but history says otherwise based on the current layout, design and complete lack of technicality.

Post a reply to: 2020 Daytona Start

The Latest