2020 Daytona Start

Related:
Create New Tag

10/8/2019 11:21 AM

Big ol loop!
|

10/8/2019 11:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/8/2019 11:23 AM

Track looks fast. Not many jumps this year compared to previous years.

|

10/8/2019 11:23 AM

What the that’s gonna be interesting

|

10/8/2019 11:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/8/2019 11:30 AM

....and what happens if/when a bunch of riders go down on the start leading into the corner? Not enough time to clear the carnage...Red flag? Has the potential to change the outcome of the race.

|

10/8/2019 11:29 AM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

I'd guess they'll have a starting line flagger that will have to decide if red flag needs to be thrown for if (when) there is a pileup? I wouldn't want that job; what do you have, a second at the most to make the call?

|

Well, not sure what what else you're going to do with a space like that. Definitely using every inch

|

wsmille2 wrote:

The track does look pretty basic in the picture. It may make for close racing.

|

10/8/2019 11:46 AM

MXofN needs to happen at Daytona. The only negative is no elevation changes.

|

10/8/2019 11:50 AM

VERY different design for what we've seen for almost 2 decades. using almost the entirety of avail space + 1/4 the normal jumps as well. grass sections.

2019 for comparison:

|

10/8/2019 11:52 AM

Categorizing that track as supercross is a stretch.

|

10/8/2019 11:53 AM

LOVE the grass sections, throwing a little old school moto in there.

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2008 KTM 525XC
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R

10/8/2019 12:07 PM

SWOHIO GUY wrote:

MXofN needs to happen at Daytona. The only negative is no elevation changes.

Almost like Assen 🧐.

|

10/8/2019 12:08 PM

Boomslang wrote:

....and what happens if/when a bunch of riders go down on the start leading into the corner? Not enough time to clear the carnage...Red flag? Has the potential to change the outcome of the race.

The closest scenario in my memory is the Montreal Supercross this year.
In Montreal they had a lane in each direction, then crossed back through the first turn...

I tried to find some footage, all I could find with the start are the quads racing it.

|

10/8/2019 12:12 PM

I think you mean 2020 Daytona start. A holeshot is something one rider gets.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

10/8/2019 1:28 PM

While the track does look relatively simple I think it will make for some great racing. Looks like an insanely different track to last years so it'll be interesting to see how it races

|

10/8/2019 1:31 PM

wsmille2 wrote:

Well yeah haven't you heard? Supercross isn't supposed to have jumps. It's supposed to be 2 wheels on the ground as much as possible

|

10/8/2019 2:07 PM

lol Remember this? 1:09:38

|

10/8/2019 2:16 PM

Other than the loop start thingy.... looks to me like a throwback type track. Back to the simple track designs of yesteryear.......

|

10/8/2019 3:54 PM

I dig the old school, outdoors-ish style Daytona tracks. I think the start will be one of those obstacles/sections that they end up changing. We'll see, but I don't see how this will work out myself.

|

Corbin Lenaway | Host on the Wide Open MX Show

10/8/2019 5:12 PM

dadofagun wrote:

Other than the loop start thingy.... looks to me like a throwback type track. Back to the simple track designs of yesteryear.......

Pretty much what I was thinking. Just needs some telephone poles laid across one of those grass sections...

|

10/8/2019 5:21 PM

olds cool wrote:

Pretty much what I was thinking. Just needs some telephone poles laid across one of those grass sections...

I rode the Amateur day in 1982 or 1983 ,I remember those whoops made from telephone poles covered with dirt, once the dirt wore away they sucked, bone jarring every lap through them.

|

My photo gallery: www.pbase.com/thomasef

10/8/2019 5:30 PM

I think this layout is much closer to a "SX/MX hybrid" that Daytona has always claimed to be. Long, fast sections that will get beat up and some sections with your typical SX obstacles. I like it, the past few Daytonas have been weird and drifted away from what it was claimed to be, IMO.

|

10/9/2019 8:19 AM

Carmichael on the track design:

“It was really important to bring back some of these old-school elements to the 50th annual DAYTONA Supercross”

“Think of all the years and talent that has come through Daytona and the DAYTONA Supercross, we had to bring something back that was going to be special.”

Carmichael calls it “an honor” to design the grueling and challenging course for the DAYTONA Supercross.

“Being a fourth generation Floridian, it’s so special to me to be a part of DAYTONA Supercross,” Carmichael said. “[This event] it’s always held close to my heart. I love going there. The fans are epic. The event is epic. It’s where the strong survive and I can’t wait to watch these guys battle it out.”

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/9/2019 8:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/9/2019 8:33 AM

Looks like the Speedway asked them to not put any dirt on the pit lane pavement. Some will flame me for this I suppose but why don't they just go straight after the start? I think it would be better than the silly loop de loop

|

10/9/2019 9:34 AM

Don't understand why it doesn't do a left then right then run the course in reverse, doesn't seem like the jumps would be an issue in doing this.

|

10/9/2019 9:55 AM

SWOHIO GUY wrote:

Don't understand why it doesn't do a left then right then run the course in reverse, doesn't seem like the jumps would be an issue in doing this.

Not a bad idea considering the track has still yet to be built.

The chances of a balls up on the start is pretty good, better to sort it out now than to leave it to chance. I'm sure it will be changed...really can't see it staying the way it is.

|

10/9/2019 4:07 PM

Idk. I like the start (for a Daytona race) if it plays out the way it’s designed. Another side of me says this could be a very bad idea...

|

10/9/2019 5:41 PM

From one of the maddest craziest tracks of the year in 2019 to well I don’t even know what this is. But if it’s like this please make it a 30 minute final

|

10/9/2019 7:24 PM

It’s cool to see the double infield tunnel replica jump make a comeback. Those grass sections should get pretty chopped up. If RC don’t bring the telephone poles back, he should at least bring the gator pit back.

|