2020 450 Shootouts

Hammer 663s
8/14/2019 2:58pm
Mr. Info wrote:
☠️
You are an embarrassment to the Socal OTMX organization. The board there should take steps to remove you from your position.

Since you're OTMX, I'll assume you are old, like me. As such, you should have by this point developed some wisdom and control, but it is apparent you have not. You should shut down your keyboard until you develop some, in addition to learning how to type a coherent, properly spelled and punctuated, sentence.

Hammer 663s
kiwifan
8/14/2019 4:35pm
loftyair wrote:
Heres another thing. Unfortunately, exact bikes sitting next to each other at a dealer, are not exact. A lemon, and a lime, sitting there together. Which...
Heres another thing. Unfortunately, exact bikes sitting next to each other at a dealer, are not exact. A lemon, and a lime, sitting there together. Which one did you test? Is the 'good' one still at dealer? I think its awesome what you did Mike. Also, just a tire or bar bend, correct oil and height in forks, new shock oil, correctly lubed chassis, also makes potentially huge differences.
yeah but that is what the consumer might get too...whereas bikes provided by OEM's to media outlets are likely to NOT be a lemon....for all we know the Yamaha he got (that won) was a lemon, and the one that came last was a 'good' one
dean122
8/14/2019 5:24pm
Mr. Info wrote:
☠️
You are an embarrassment to the Socal OTMX organization. The board there should take steps to remove you from your position. Since you're OTMX, I'll assume...
You are an embarrassment to the Socal OTMX organization. The board there should take steps to remove you from your position.

Since you're OTMX, I'll assume you are old, like me. As such, you should have by this point developed some wisdom and control, but it is apparent you have not. You should shut down your keyboard until you develop some, in addition to learning how to type a coherent, properly spelled and punctuated, sentence.

Hammer 663s
I've rubbed elbows in the Vet class with Mr. Info at REM in years past. The couple times I've been in common conversation with he and other riding buddies he seemed like an all around good dude. It's too bad his internet persona makes him out to be a complete asshole.
slipdog
8/14/2019 5:28pm
Mr. Info wrote:
☠️
You are an embarrassment to the Socal OTMX organization. The board there should take steps to remove you from your position. Since you're OTMX, I'll assume...

Hammer 663s
dean122 wrote:
I've rubbed elbows in the Vet class with Mr. Info at REM in years past. The couple times I've been in common conversation with he and...
I've rubbed elbows in the Vet class with Mr. Info at REM in years past. The couple times I've been in common conversation with he and other riding buddies he seemed like an all around good dude. It's too bad his internet persona makes him out to be a complete asshole.
I've known Mr. Info for 25+yrs, he's as solid of a moto dude as they come!

The Shop

mxb2
8/14/2019 5:34pm
Mr. Info wrote:
☠️

Hammer 663s
dean122 wrote:
I've rubbed elbows in the Vet class with Mr. Info at REM in years past. The couple times I've been in common conversation with he and...
Thats weird , be the same person all the time. Dont use the internet excuse.
8/14/2019 5:59pm

Hammer 663s
dean122 wrote:
slipdog wrote:
Mr. Info, the word of Slip holds a great deal of weight with me. From that perspective, I apologise for anything you might have taken as insulting. I don't agree with your perspective, but Slip has given me pause to step back and forgive and forget.
Hammer 663s
8/14/2019 6:33pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2019 6:35pm
slipdog wrote:
Hmm, interesting. His comments here would never lead me to that conclusion. While it’s ok to disagree with someone, it’s better to be seen online as reasonable and somewhat educated rather than a loose cannon. Every board I’ve been on since the 80s has had clown like this too. Considering he clearly states his role at SoCal OTMX he should be more concerned with how he represents them.
motoman617
8/14/2019 6:43pm
Like I have said before I do not ride anymore but I enjoy Michaels videos and think he does a really good job breaking things down. Whatever the circumstances were for him acquiring the bikes is just petty to bring up on here. Bottom line is he bought the bikes at great expense to himself and provided everybody a breakdown of the bikes off the showroom floor. Something we have not seen before. I applaud him for his efforts and hope he is successful going forward.
FARANG
8/14/2019 7:39pm
Another good review from ML512.

If he pissed off some of the big mags by doing this then I have no issue with that, they will need to up their game to match the quality of his work.
TogaSet
Fantasy
3894th
8/14/2019 7:55pm
ML 512 paid for his own 2020 bikes. 6 bikes at maybe 8 grand apiece is 48K. Let’s just call it 50K. How many of you have $50,000 grand laying around in the bank. Bet Yamaha has 50K.
8/14/2019 8:13pm
Mr. Info wrote:
Let’s leave it here. I didn’t lie, no miss information. Only agenda is telling the truth by anybody to the public is a reflection on their...
Let’s leave it here. I didn’t lie, no miss information. Only agenda is telling the truth by anybody to the public is a reflection on their work and credibility that’s it. If you tell the truth from the beginning you don’t need to go back and change your story. I only saw the introduction but knew the behind the scenes because of it.
I don’t buy my bike because of any magazine or pod test. I ride each one first because I ask friends to ride their bike. Last post on this but knowing the Industry there will be others for other reasons. Just be honest and tell the truth.
Oh just so you know I am not an employee of Glen Helen but I do work for them from time to time. I act as current President of the SoCal OTMX Club and have a regular job outside the industry and have called out others for misunderstandings. Is it that hard to just tell the truth. That’s all everyone asks I think. No one can just lie or misrepresent it’s not fair to anyone.
Have a great week. And God Bless you all.
Bud says to quit posting and get to work - says the first turn looks like a real abortion this morning.
Jesus that was funny!
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
8/14/2019 10:45pm
TogaSet wrote:
ML 512 paid for his own 2020 bikes. 6 bikes at maybe 8 grand apiece is 48K. Let’s just call it 50K. How many of you...
ML 512 paid for his own 2020 bikes. 6 bikes at maybe 8 grand apiece is 48K. Let’s just call it 50K. How many of you have $50,000 grand laying around in the bank. Bet Yamaha has 50K.
Did you ever consider that they could be financed with zero down? That’s how I would do it, if you can sell the bikes before 30 days and pay off the loan it cost you nothing. Cool
TeamGreen
8/15/2019 8:51am
For Mr. Info...since it comes from “his peeps”...

yak651
Fantasy
214th
8/15/2019 9:33am
TeamGreen wrote:
For Mr. Info...since it comes from “his peeps”... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/08/15/366591/s1200_1F0D05AB_99AC_4ABB_B0F6_BB60EE863C36.jpg[/img]

Fake News!!
Dimblewambie
8/15/2019 9:48am
TeamGreen wrote:
For Mr. Info...since it comes from “his peeps”... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/08/15/366591/s1200_1F0D05AB_99AC_4ABB_B0F6_BB60EE863C36.jpg[/img]

Michael really should have tested that blue stripe, heard it offers way better corner entry feel than the red.
danman
8/15/2019 1:20pm
yak651 wrote:
Michael, if you want to load up a trailer of bikes and bring to WI I think we can line you up with tracks and riders...
Michael, if you want to load up a trailer of bikes and bring to WI I think we can line you up with tracks and riders to provide additional test input, just saying!!!
I'm in! I'm pretty sure I could line up one track for sure over in the SW side.
seventeen
8/15/2019 7:44pm
Hey ML...considering you purchased all the bikes yourself you have great leeway to do things other media outlets cannot.
I think it'll be a cool idea to take the last place 18/19/20 RMZ and modify it as you see fit; but only to the cost of the winning bike...then see how it does then. You could dial the shock, add a slip on doa re-map, maybe a higher compression piston and see how it does then.
I think that'll be super interesting.
8/16/2019 3:29am
seventeen wrote:
Hey ML...considering you purchased all the bikes yourself you have great leeway to do things other media outlets cannot. I think it'll be a cool idea...
Hey ML...considering you purchased all the bikes yourself you have great leeway to do things other media outlets cannot.
I think it'll be a cool idea to take the last place 18/19/20 RMZ and modify it as you see fit; but only to the cost of the winning bike...then see how it does then. You could dial the shock, add a slip on doa re-map, maybe a higher compression piston and see how it does then.
Difference in MSRP is $400 I believe.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
8/16/2019 7:31am
seventeen wrote:
Hey ML...considering you purchased all the bikes yourself you have great leeway to do things other media outlets cannot. I think it'll be a cool idea...
I think Manny modded the 2019 RMZ Vital shootout bike and has a thread in the build section. He’s a believer in the RMZ.
Talisker
8/16/2019 7:54am
Liked the shootout Michael Lindsay!!!!
When you piss people off, 99% of the time your doing something right!!!!!

D Cool
MelonFan123
8/16/2019 8:05am
seventeen wrote:
Asselstine wrote:
Real world cost and MSRP are two different things.

Anyone who has shopped for a new bike lately knows that MSRP is a starting point. Suzuki's routinely sell for much less than some of the other 450s.
seventeen
8/16/2019 8:37am
seventeen wrote:
Asselstine wrote:
Real world cost and MSRP are two different things. Anyone who has shopped for a new bike lately knows that MSRP is a starting point. Suzuki's...
Real world cost and MSRP are two different things.

Anyone who has shopped for a new bike lately knows that MSRP is a starting point. Suzuki's routinely sell for much less than some of the other 450s.
This was my thought...I routinely hear of people purchasing NOS 18/19 RMZ 450's for around the 6K mark...that leaves roughly 3K in mods versus the winning YZ. That could be a one heck of an eye opening shootout...
I ride Yamaha by the way...
8/16/2019 10:20am
Michael, when do you expect to do the 250 shootout? sorry if I missed it
danman
8/16/2019 10:50am
seventeen wrote:
Keifer did a podcast that was sort of like this, but he bolted on the JGR kit.
Basically, he said you could purchase a leftover RMZ and the JGR engine kit for close to the same amount you'd spend on most of the other bikes. The podcast focused solely on the engine, not suspension, ergo, or anything else.
Give it a listen.
seventeen
8/16/2019 12:16pm
seventeen wrote:
danman wrote:
Keifer did a podcast that was sort of like this, but he bolted on the JGR kit. Basically, he said you could purchase a leftover RMZ...
Keifer did a podcast that was sort of like this, but he bolted on the JGR kit.
Basically, he said you could purchase a leftover RMZ and the JGR engine kit for close to the same amount you'd spend on most of the other bikes. The podcast focused solely on the engine, not suspension, ergo, or anything else.
Give it a listen.
Got it...If I were modding an RMZ the engine would last on my list however...
8/16/2019 1:30pm
Wow, 10 pager....ML must be doing something right. I'm glad the blue pig finally won something, it desperately needed that.

Here's my 450 shootout winner, with bold new graphics and all. The yellow slug:

bultokid
8/16/2019 2:24pm
Really good job, anyone that is po'd about it has ulterior motives

Post a reply to: 2020 450 Shootouts

The Latest