2020 450 Shootouts

TeamGreen
8/12/2019 8:13pm
Mr. Info wrote:
Chaparral does not sell Husqvarna’s so how did you buy a bike they don’t sell. And Yamaha has not done the 450 intro yet. You have...
Chaparral does not sell Husqvarna’s so how did you buy a bike they don’t sell. And Yamaha has not done the 450 intro yet. You have pissed a lot of the magazines making them angry trying to one up them instead of playing by industry practice. Seems like you have a hidden agenda ML.
What else in this shootout is also not true. You don’t have credibility with several mags their words not mine. And I have no credibility with anybody and that’s ok but your burning bridges you might one day need to cross. Your only hurting yourself.
I am 100% convinced now that this is a Feldkamp family burner account by this point.
That is hilarious!

You almost made me spill my beer
JM485
8/12/2019 8:28pm
ML breaking protocol and buying all the bikes himself to get a jump on the other magazines, and in doing so pissing off MXA and a stiff from Glen Helen. That, ladies and gentlemen, is punk rock!Laughing

I normally don't pay a whole lot of attention to shootouts but that was a great video. The bottom line is ML can break a bike down better than pretty much any magazine could ever hope to and the writing is on the wall, people are going to put a lot more stock in an unbiased shootout like this and recognize how well he can convey info. The industry might not be super stoked on it but in the end the consumer decides who sinks or swims, and if I was going to place some bets I'd be putting a lot down on what ML has going right now.
Titan1
8/12/2019 8:28pm
Do the magazines that are ticked not know about 100’s of other guys that do bike reviews with bikes they buy on their own? ML might be the most popular but it’s not a new concept.

Anyone of us could buy all six bikes and put together a review on them...

Or are the magazines just pissed that he did his before the OEM’s gave them their free bikes to test?
zehn
8/12/2019 8:33pm
You sound like just another industry incumbent whose “industry practices” are being threatened by ML changing the game.

Evolve or die. Paper mags are dying

The Shop

zehn
8/12/2019 8:36pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2019 8:38pm
Btw, by all accounts the Suzuki hasn’t changed demonstrably in years so what is the actual difference between a ‘19 and ‘20? Nothing?

Further confirmation that you and your ilk are shivering in your boots. We consumers are benefiting while people like you are seeing their traditional business model dissolve
TeamGreen
8/12/2019 8:49pm
There.
You've done it.
You just jumped the shark.
Shit the bed.
Ya even "went all political and shit".

Dude, just stop.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/12/2019 9:09pm
Ok Hillary, let’s see you go drop a shit load of money to buy all 6 bikes for an unbiased shootout, make a video explaining everything 1/2 as well as Michael did, then and only then will I even think about considering listening to your opinion.

We all know the big issue is with MXA. Having friends that work for them I really really want to like MXA, but the shit they put out and lack or proofreading just completely ruins it.

Let it go bro. The majority of average dudes are going to love Michael's shootout and guess what, not every bit of it was done at your track! If I rode Glen Helen all the time and nowhere else, I’d probably listen to MXA. But their claim of “best bike and setup” in the shootouts is absolutely stupid. Riding and “racing” at the same track over and over doesn’t mean shit to me.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
8/12/2019 9:17pm
All I know is mr.info is getting ML a whole bunch of views with his ridiculous comments.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/12/2019 9:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2019 6:09am
Let's address these one by one.

We had a typo, that didn't effect anything, oh well. I think it's funny more than anything, mostly because now I get to tease Joe about it and we got a good reply/photo meme from it.

I stated in my pre-Shootout and Shootout video I was using a 2019 RM-Z450 due to there only being cosmetic changes and a lack of 20 availability when I wanted to start.

I never said anything about MXA, I actually heard Jody told the KTM crew that participating in the last day of my shootout was probably a good idea (where I invited OEMs out to pass on technical info or suggestions, but not allowed to prep or change unauthorized things on my bikes). I know most media outlets had something to say about my shootout to the OEMs, because each rep mentioned that. I went through a political shit storm this last week due to this feature, amazing how so many people could freak out over it. The magazine I hinted to is another.

You are right on one thing, it's likely each media outlet will have different results on their 450 Shootouts. None of us every end up with identical results because we all approach them differently. Does that mean I'm wrong? Nope. Does it mean MXA's wrong? Nope. Does it mean Keefer or Swap is wrong? Nope.

For most shootouts, I'm one of the only that very openly explains what the criteria was and the results to reach there. Been like that since I started at Vital because I wanted to do it my way.

Ultimately, I could care less what other media outlets or the industry guard thinks. I'm not here to be another old school media outlet. Going about my work in the same way as the existing is just asking for myself to never succeed. Beyond that, I want to do things my way and let my work stand out from the crowd. Not because I think it's better, it's not, it's just my work...and I want it to be recognized as my work.

I'm not a media outlet, I'm just a dude that makes content and likes to ride dirt bikes.

And actually, that's what I think is so funny about this whole situation I dealt with in setting this up. All the industry backlash, the political mess, the red tape...WE AREN'T CURING CANCER HERE, we're riding dirt bikes. I test dirt bikes and share my opinion on them, it's not rocket science. I mean, I wish it was, maybe I'd feel better about dedicating my life to it but for now, I'm good with it.

At the end of the day, I spent a lot of money out of my pocket, A LOT...to create a piece of content that's free to view, entertain people and hopefully educate them a bit along the way. While I'm extremely stoked to be gaining an audience and a great amount of support from viewers, this isn't a money maker. I'm stressed out of my mind and hussling everything I can on the side to pay my bills and keep food in my mouth. Just keeping the dream alive and enjoying each minute I get to do this. I realized a bit ago that just going about this the same way as everyone else wasn't going to guarantee me much of a future so it's time to risk it for the biscuit and see how long I can keep the boat sailing.

It's more than just the bikes, it's the photographers, video guys, graphics, fuel to the tracks, track fees, feeding all my riders each day (I actually invited the orange helmet brigade to have some of our tacos at GH during our final test day. Poor Mosiman looked like he was bout to pass out so I made sure he got a little something to get through the day)

I'm hoping in the end I can use my platform to share my love of dirtbikes with people and spread some support onto those who deserve it. Other than helping Jeff Walker this year and a few other privateers I pull favors for all the time, I've got some plans to do something a bit bigger next year and keep giving back to the audience and other riders that have given me the ability to live my dream by watching or reading my content over the few years I've been doing this.

Mark, I've never really cared for how you talk to or treat people on here and watching you somehow try to discredit what I consider my life and existence cracks me up. I really don't know how you sleep at night, if I was in your shoes I'd be wide awake, I couldn't live that.

Edit: One last thing, I'm here basically all day to listen to, chat, and reply to a supporter, reader, disgruntled viewer or someone with an agenda. I don't care who it is, if they send me a message, reply to me, start a topic etc...I'm here. I'm not typing up some magazine, I'm here for anyone who wants a tech opinion, some industry rumors or if they just want to yell at me. Whatever it is, I'm here! You can reach me on Vital, Instagram, FaceBook, by multiple emails, YouTube comment section, Twitter, people walking up at the track...heck many members here have my cell number now. Sometimes I'm a little slow to respond, but I get around to it. I have to sleep eventually.
mxjef
8/12/2019 9:58pm
Good work, Michael!!!!....
nch209
8/12/2019 9:58pm
I like what ML is doing. Shrug...
8/12/2019 10:09pm
I love everything about this shootout video. Keep doing you ML. Great content! I'm a fan and appreciate the work you do.

PS: To me, MXA lost all credibility with this post. Sure, i'm an Alta owner myself, but a major media outlet in the industry laughing at an american made dirtbike.... pretty un-american if you ask me....

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0el0x7pp5l/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
holyroller1
Fantasy
282nd
8/12/2019 10:09pm
Just sayin, I think that number comparison you're looking for is 30=35. At least that's what my calculator says 5x6 equals...
Dust601
8/12/2019 10:11pm
Really enjoyed the video, as well as your previous stuff. Keep doing what your doing man, and know that the work you do is definitely appreciated.
PJRAUS
8/12/2019 10:13pm
ML512 wrote:
Let's address these one by one. We had a typo, that didn't effect anything, oh well. I think it's funny more than anything, mostly because now...

We had a typo, that didn't effect anything, oh well. I think it's funny more than anything, mostly because now I get to tease Joe about it and we got a good reply/photo meme from it.

I stated in my pre-Shootout and Shootout video I was using a 2019 RM-Z450 due to there only being cosmetic changes and a lack of 20 availability when I wanted to start.

I never said anything about MXA, I actually heard Jody told the KTM crew that participating in the last day of my shootout was probably a good idea (where I invited OEMs out to pass on technical info or suggestions, but not allowed to prep or change unauthorized things on my bikes). I know most media outlets had something to say about my shootout to the OEMs, because each rep mentioned that. I went through a political shit storm this last week due to this feature, amazing how so many people could freak out over it. The magazine I hinted to is another.

You are right on one thing, it's likely each media outlet will have different results on their 450 Shootouts. None of us every end up with identical results because we all approach them differently. Does that mean I'm wrong? Nope. Does it mean MXA's wrong? Nope. Does it mean Keefer or Swap is wrong? Nope.

For most shootouts, I'm one of the only that very openly explains what the criteria was and the results to reach there. Been like that since I started at Vital because I wanted to do it my way.

Ultimately, I could care less what other media outlets or the industry guard thinks. I'm not here to be another old school media outlet. Going about my work in the same way as the existing is just asking for myself to never succeed. Beyond that, I want to do things my way and let my work stand out from the crowd. Not because I think it's better, it's not, it's just my work...and I want it to be recognized as my work.

I'm not a media outlet, I'm just a dude that makes content and likes to ride dirt bikes.

And actually, that's what I think is so funny about this whole situation I dealt with in setting this up. All the industry backlash, the political mess, the red tape...WE AREN'T CURING CANCER HERE, we're riding dirt bikes. I test dirt bikes and share my opinion on them, it's not rocket science. I mean, I wish it was, maybe I'd feel better about dedicating my life to it but for now, I'm good with it.

At the end of the day, I spent a lot of money out of my pocket, A LOT...to create a piece of content that's free to view, entertain people and hopefully educate them a bit along the way. While I'm extremely stoked to be gaining an audience and a great amount of support from viewers, this isn't a money maker. I'm stressed out of my mind and hussling everything I can on the side to pay my bills and keep food in my mouth. Just keeping the dream alive and enjoying each minute I get to do this. I realized a bit ago that just going about this the same way as everyone else wasn't going to guarantee me much of a future so it's time to risk it for the biscuit and see how long I can keep the boat sailing.

It's more than just the bikes, it's the photographers, video guys, graphics, fuel to the tracks, track fees, feeding all my riders each day (I actually invited the orange helmet brigade to have some of our tacos at GH during our final test day. Poor Mosiman looked like he was bout to pass out so I made sure he got a little something to get through the day)

I'm hoping in the end I can use my platform to share my love of dirtbikes with people and spread some support onto those who deserve it. Other than helping Jeff Walker this year and a few other privateers I pull favors for all the time, I've got some plans to do something a bit bigger next year and keep giving back to the audience and other riders that have given me the ability to live my dream by watching or reading my content over the few years I've been doing this.

Mark, I've never really cared for how you talk to or treat people on here and watching you somehow try to discredit what I consider my life and existence cracks me up. I really don't know how you sleep at night, if I was in your shoes I'd be wide awake, I couldn't live that.

Edit: One last thing, I'm here basically all day to listen to, chat, and reply to a supporter, reader, disgruntled viewer or someone with an agenda. I don't care who it is, if they send me a message, reply to me, start a topic etc...I'm here. I'm not typing up some magazine, I'm here for anyone who wants a tech opinion, some industry rumors or if they just want to yell at me. Whatever it is, I'm here! You can reach me on Vital, Instagram, FaceBook, by multiple emails, YouTube comment section, Twitter, people walking up at the track...heck many members here have my cell number now. Sometimes I'm a little slow to respond, but I get around to it. I have to sleep eventually.
Well worded explanation of what you are doing and why...look foward to viewing the shootout video tonight...
Oh and you really should be wearing proper shoulder protection!!
😀😀
holyroller1
Fantasy
282nd
8/12/2019 10:15pm
I have to say I am feeling pretty blessed right now,HA!! One of the very few posts I have ever made may go to a 10 pager!
TeamGreen
8/12/2019 10:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2019 10:23pm
Is it just me...or has Mr. Info been OWNED?!

And...since it's better than actually posting "Bwahahahahahahahaaahaaa"...here's the dude that ordered the pizza or maybe took a nap...or whatever...again...

holyroller1
Fantasy
282nd
8/12/2019 10:28pm
ML512 wrote:
Let's address these one by one. We had a typo, that didn't effect anything, oh well. I think it's funny more than anything, mostly because now...

Michael,

Do you have a Patreon account?. I have never done the patreon thing but would be happy to create an account and donate to your effort.
8/12/2019 10:34pm
for people saying MXA is one of the mags, why would they give a shit? they didnt release there last years results until print months after everyone else. Yet they will still get the most attention for good or bad
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
8/12/2019 10:49pm
Michael, Do you have a Patreon account?. I have never done the patreon thing but would be happy to create an account and donate to your...
Michael,

Do you have a Patreon account?. I have never done the patreon thing but would be happy to create an account and donate to your effort.
He does, check his youtube videos I believe theres a link in the descriptions.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
8/12/2019 10:53pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2019 10:54pm
In fact, here's the link to ML's patreon. $5 a month gets you entered into giveaways and he currently only has 13 patreon supporters. Make it 14 after I get my computer hooked back up Grinning

https://www.patreon.com/ML512
kiwifan
8/12/2019 10:59pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2019 11:05pm
colintrax wrote:
In fact, here's the link to ML's patreon. $5 a month gets you entered into giveaways and he currently only has 13 patreon supporters. Make it...
In fact, here's the link to ML's patreon. $5 a month gets you entered into giveaways and he currently only has 13 patreon supporters. Make it 14 after I get my computer hooked back up Grinning

nice one Colin, I am going to do the same Smile ...now 15
holyroller1
Fantasy
282nd
8/12/2019 11:01pm
colintrax wrote:
In fact, here's the link to ML's patreon. $5 a month gets you entered into giveaways and he currently only has 13 patreon supporters. Make it...

Thanks. I didn't see it in the shootout video description. Make it 15 after your computer is setup.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
8/12/2019 11:57pm
if you pissing off the competition, then you must be doing something right,

and if the mouth piece of Glen Helen is pissed with you too, you must be doing it really well,
Lasse
Fantasy
2966th
8/13/2019 1:33am
I throughly enjoy all the videos. What I would like to know is the definition of some of the terms, as it can get technical.
Lastander
8/13/2019 2:09am
As an outsider, can anyone explain why it would piss of a bunch of people, when ML used his own money to buy a shitload of bikes and test HIS bikes, in HIS own way?
Francis377
8/13/2019 2:09am
Good Job. Any magazine who receives bikes prepped by the OEM should regard their testing as meaningless as these bikes are not quite the same as are available to the public for sale. The difference isn't much but when an OEM has a marketing fleet to be used for Magazines/VIPs of course they will have a dedicated staff to look after that fleet and make sure to go through the bike after it has come off the production line. Just some additional TLC by well qualified staff that the bikes which are shipped to dealers will not get.
I do think it is important to have a part of the test with an OEM representative on hand, because a lot of complaints about bikes from all brands are purely due to user error and can easily be corrected by someone who knows the particulars about a certain bike.
mxmaniac
8/13/2019 4:17am
This type of test process is exactly what I wanted to see. Off the shelf item... Just as I would be buying. Keep up the good work ML, don't let the muppets drag you down.
Cheers from Australia

Post a reply to: 2020 450 Shootouts

The Latest