2020 450 Shootouts

holyroller1
Fantasy
282nd
9/9/2019 5:59pm
ML512 wrote:
Hey my name got removed from the title of this thread Laughing
FYI, I just put it back to original.

Why would it get changed and who would do it??
Johnny Depp
9/9/2019 6:07pm
ML512 wrote:

You don't really have to ask do you?
holyroller1
Fantasy
282nd
9/9/2019 6:19pm
ML512 wrote:

You don't really have to ask do you?
Yeah, I really do have to ask. I really don't know. I understand GuyB is the main man here but make no assumptions as to whether or not it was him or someone else on the mod team.

I am very new around here and may be a little naive as to the way things work around here. I am just an old dude hangin with the online dirt bike community. I saw this review and thought it was awesome. Someone is finally doing reviews in a different way, a way in which I have always envisioned they be accomplished.

I meant no harm by posting this link to a review. I do think it stands on its own as a very different review. I don't see this thread as a general 450 review by a publication.

So everyone knows, I have no association with ML512. I have never even had as much as a text conversation with him. I have no ulterior motives posting this thread.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/9/2019 6:40pm
ML512 wrote:
Well I started this thread and I didn't do it.

Just sayin....
I changed it, since it now includes multiple shootouts.
holyroller1
Fantasy
282nd
9/9/2019 7:14pm
ML512 wrote:
Well I started this thread and I didn't do it.

Just sayin....
GuyB wrote:
So is this the thread for all 450 shootouts then? Just curious as I think changing thread titles diminishes the value of individual shootouts.

If someone posts a Dirt Rider 450 shootout thread and a contributor mentions another shootout does it automatically fall within the framework of a generic "450 shootout" topic?

I am all for shootouts. I read all of them. I believe each shootout has merits and should be given its own space to breath, so to speak.

All that said, it is your site. I will not change the title again as it appears it is not your will to distinguish between them. I respect that.
yz133rider
9/9/2019 9:39pm
GuyB wrote:
Yeah thats poor taste. But ok.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/9/2019 9:40pm
yz133rider wrote:
Explain to me how it's poor?
holyroller1
Fantasy
282nd
9/9/2019 9:48pm
yz133rider wrote:
GuyB wrote:
See my reply. I think that suns it up for most.
yz133rider
9/9/2019 9:52pm
yz133rider wrote:
GuyB wrote:
If it said VITALS 450 shootout which then naturally discussed several other shootouts would the title have been changed?
Broseph
9/9/2019 9:53pm
yz133rider wrote:
GuyB wrote:
The entire thread has been about how ML shook things up with a different take on a 450 shootout. Why change the title?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/9/2019 9:54pm
Michael added ours and Dirt Rider's in there himself.

I actually had a rep from one of the manufacturers ask me why we would allow his shootout to be posted in here at all.

I look at the forum as a central hub for a lot of motocross fans. I left it as-is as a courtesy to an old co-worker...until he added the others in.

To be honest, I'm not sure I see the problem. For folks reading the first ten pages or so, it's all about his shootout.
holyroller1
Fantasy
282nd
9/9/2019 10:00pm
GuyB wrote:
Michael added ours and Dirt Rider's in there himself. I actually had a rep from one of the manufacturers ask me why we would allow his...

I actually had a rep from one of the manufacturers ask me why we would allow his shootout to be posted in here at all.

I look at the forum as a central hub for a lot of motocross fans. I left it as-is as a courtesy to an old co-worker...until he added the others in.

To be honest, I'm not sure I see the problem. For folks reading the first ten pages or so, it's all about his shootout.
This thread has taken a life of its own. However, to change it to a generic 450 thread title just seems petty to me. I just don't get changing a title of a shootout thread. Anyway, I digest(ha,) I don't have to get it.

9/9/2019 11:00pm
Suzuki earns the best bike in both shootouts because they scored the most points.

Apps and Top End for show, corner for dough....

fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
9/10/2019 1:34am
No problem with the title change. Let’s keep this going. Great shootouts & thread. I still can not believe the YZ450 is the winner these days. Was the turd in the punch bowl not too many years ago.
HenryA
9/10/2019 2:06am
GuyB wrote:
Michael added ours and Dirt Rider's in there himself. I actually had a rep from one of the manufacturers ask me why we would allow his...

So a sales rep of one of the manufacturers reached out to you and questioned what the users of VitalMx posts in the forum? That’s interesting, one would almost think that he would like you to remove some content.
Good thing that you decided to keep it up, I can’t speak for everyone here but I think it’s safe to say that the majority of the users here appreciates the shootouts done by ML.
Indy mxer
9/10/2019 5:10am
I appreciate the Vital shootouts. Very well done imo.
crispytoast
9/10/2019 6:26am
I heard the Jody mobile is loaded with KTM reps and they are driving around looking for you.
Idp57
Fantasy
2612th
9/10/2019 6:32am
#freedom
Johnny Depp
9/10/2019 6:59am
Wow vitards always deliver. By far the best forum anywhere and very well run.
Mr. Afterbar
9/10/2019 7:40am
Should be interesting when MXA picks the KTM as the winner when the Yamaha is the clear favorite of almost every test rider.
RCMXracing
9/10/2019 8:31am
If you buy a bike before you ride it you’re a fool.
- multi time fool
Moto520
9/10/2019 8:41am
I love Motocross Action mag and am an avid reader and have been for years. I, however, want my bike to win the shootout in order to help justify my purchase. Petty? Absolutely! Because of this flaw in my thinking, i noticed that one of the helmet reports was for a KTM Bell Moto 9. Why would it be for a KTM Bell Moto 9 and not just a Moto 9? I do think MXA likes KTM because they listen to their feedback and make changes (as well as the bikes being good). MXA is a staple to the older motocross community and I hope they never go away. It's nice to get an old school magazine every once in awhile! I just noticed this helmet review and thought it was weird. Comments?
kiwifan
9/10/2019 12:50pm
Moto520 wrote:
I love Motocross Action mag and am an avid reader and have been for years. I, however, want my bike to win the shootout in order...
I love Motocross Action mag and am an avid reader and have been for years. I, however, want my bike to win the shootout in order to help justify my purchase. Petty? Absolutely! Because of this flaw in my thinking, i noticed that one of the helmet reports was for a KTM Bell Moto 9. Why would it be for a KTM Bell Moto 9 and not just a Moto 9? I do think MXA likes KTM because they listen to their feedback and make changes (as well as the bikes being good). MXA is a staple to the older motocross community and I hope they never go away. It's nice to get an old school magazine every once in awhile! I just noticed this helmet review and thought it was weird. Comments?
I personally do not think KTM make changes based on MXA's feedback, but happy to be proven wrong.

Lets face it we probably know which brands will do well and which ones wont in any MXA test or shootout, is that right that we would know, probably not. However, it is great for those who are the buyers/followers/fanatics of the brands that MXA always promote heavily.
Dgirt
9/24/2019 7:53pm
I bought a new 2020 YZ450. love it! had a 18 KX450. I liked it also. At age 54 and a unchiseled 235 I watched all the 450 shoot outs I could fine about the motors and suspension. Yes the Yami is way more comfy stock or modified. I liked ML512's info and Keefer's insight. I read MXA and Dirt Bike no issues with them. What I have read and what bikes I have raced and rode I don't think the average racer/rider will experience the issues they talk about. Somethings Yes others No.

My Sponsor had the Honda, Yamaha and Kawi in stock. Picked the YZ450 because these (Keefer and Michael) guys had little to no issues on setup and talked about how the non stock maps affected the bike. Like the KTM (air fork) my buddy let me race a couple weeks ago I only needed a rear spring for the YZ.

I really wished they would use washed up old Vet riders for testing, It neat to see what my stock bikes is capable of doing, but I would to see what to do to them by guy's my age and weight to dial them in.
CivBars
9/24/2019 8:02pm
Dgirt wrote:
I bought a new 2020 YZ450. love it! had a 18 KX450. I liked it also. At age 54 and a unchiseled 235 I watched all...
I bought a new 2020 YZ450. love it! had a 18 KX450. I liked it also. At age 54 and a unchiseled 235 I watched all the 450 shoot outs I could fine about the motors and suspension. Yes the Yami is way more comfy stock or modified. I liked ML512's info and Keefer's insight. I read MXA and Dirt Bike no issues with them. What I have read and what bikes I have raced and rode I don't think the average racer/rider will experience the issues they talk about. Somethings Yes others No.

My Sponsor had the Honda, Yamaha and Kawi in stock. Picked the YZ450 because these (Keefer and Michael) guys had little to no issues on setup and talked about how the non stock maps affected the bike. Like the KTM (air fork) my buddy let me race a couple weeks ago I only needed a rear spring for the YZ.

I really wished they would use washed up old Vet riders for testing, It neat to see what my stock bikes is capable of doing, but I would to see what to do to them by guy's my age and weight to dial them in.
There's this! Smile

rpm.15
9/25/2019 7:51am
Dgirt wrote:
I bought a new 2020 YZ450. love it! had a 18 KX450. I liked it also. At age 54 and a unchiseled 235 I watched all...

Dgrit, did the same thing. Retired the 2019 CRF 450R WE for the 2020 YZ 450F. In my humble opinion the YZ is a much better bike for the 50+ vet rider. Stable, smooth power delivery and compliant. Rode it back to back on rough track with the WE. No comparison. YZ super plush stable and that's with stock suspension! WE suspension has been set up for my ability and my weight. The Honda is a great bike for PRO/FAST guys. At 52 the YZ suites me better. Look forward to racing it in my OTMX series next year.
PRM31
9/25/2019 8:24am
Comments like that are what I miss this year. I don’t really care what a 150lb pro thinks, but I do listen to a 50+ vet rider as his comments are much more likely to relate to what I would experience.

Post a reply to: 2020 450 Shootouts

The Latest