2019 works edition Honda’s

Related:
Create New Tag

8/15/2018 7:41 PM

All the talk lately about how the sport is too expensive, our local dealer here in Oregon got 3 of the works edition crf’s, all sold in the first day at $12000 each

|

8/15/2018 8:51 PM

mxer613 wrote:

All the talk lately about how the sport is too expensive, our local dealer here in Oregon got 3 of the works edition crf’s, all sold in the first day at $12000 each

Gee they are going quick! (no, my dealer hasnt offered me one)

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

8/15/2018 9:46 PM

Thats a really good deal i wonder what the availability is like here in Canada. we are usually the last to get all the cool new toys.

for12k i feel like your getting a lot of bike for the money considering most KTMs are up there ( nice bikes also)

|

8/15/2018 9:53 PM

Old2stroker08 wrote:

Thats a really good deal i wonder what the availability is like here in Canada. we are usually the last to get all the cool new toys.

for12k i feel like your getting a lot of bike for the money considering most KTMs are up there ( nice bikes also)

I don't live in the US but 12 freaking k for a KTM?!

|

8/15/2018 9:57 PM

Just in case anyone has any hopes, they are all gone. They have been all gone for about 2 weeks. I work at a dealership. We had a customer come in to get one. We tried to locate one and there are none left. 441 of them were sold before they even left Japan.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

8/15/2018 10:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2018 10:08 PM

Old2stroker08 wrote:

Lynch wrote:

I don't live in the US but 12 freaking k for a KTM?!

In Ontario Canada at the majority of dealerships in Canadian funds. I know, F'in Crazy right,

somewhere in the ballpark of 8500-9k if you convert to US dollars.

on the plus side we have free health care and many nice people smilesmile just in case you crash ur 12000dollar ktm we will pick you up and take you to the ER> the kicker. in the states you get seen ASAP. we will wait 5-6 hours minimum even if your bleeding out. DONT GET ME STARTED

|

8/15/2018 10:06 PM

Has anyone taken delivery? I have one spoken for from my local dealer but haven’t heard when it will show etc..

|

8/16/2018 1:07 AM

The first one showed up at my dealer yesterday. Next few days they will be showing up for everyone.

Crazy that everyone complains about cost yet factory edition, rockstar edition and works edition sell quite well. Kawi would be crazy not to jump in with a legit monster edition.

|

8/16/2018 1:16 AM

nascarnate326 wrote:

The first one showed up at my dealer yesterday. Next few days they will be showing up for everyone.

Crazy that everyone complains about cost yet factory edition, rockstar edition and works edition sell quite well. Kawi would be crazy not to jump in with a legit monster edition.

They do sell well, I think the others will follow now that Honda has

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

8/16/2018 2:16 AM

Old2stroker08 wrote:

In Ontario Canada at the majority of dealerships in Canadian funds. I know, F'in Crazy right,

somewhere in the ballpark of 8500-9k if you convert to US dollars.

on the plus side we have free health care and many nice people smilesmile just in case you crash ur 12000dollar ktm we will pick you up and take you to the ER> the kicker. in the states you get seen ASAP. we will wait 5-6 hours minimum even if your bleeding out. DONT GET ME STARTED

mxer613 is talking about 12.000 american dollars, that's why I asked the question. Big difference between buying a Honda WE for $12.000 and a KTM for $9-10.000 sideways

|

8/16/2018 3:55 AM

kiwifan wrote:

Gee they are going quick! (no, my dealer hasnt offered me one)

laughing
|

8/16/2018 3:55 AM

I’m not sure what to think about Honda’s business model of releasing a works edition at the same time as the regular model. Makes their regular model seem second class to me. With KTM having them at different times of year the FE offers some goodies but much of the value is you get the new year’s bike earlier. It doesn’t seem to take away from the regular model the way the Honda does, to me anyway.

|

8/16/2018 5:49 AM

mxer613 wrote:

Photo
Photo
|

8/16/2018 5:55 AM

They sell loaded trucks or normal ones. Surprised this hasnt been the norm for yrs. if the juice is worth the squeeze they will sell. They have to remain trick enough to justify it

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

8/16/2018 5:56 AM

Now make a 350 Japan whistling

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

8/16/2018 6:00 AM

mxer613 wrote:

Just because there's enough rich people to buy three $12,000 dirt bikes doesn't mean shit. It is getting more expensive. If I had to pay $12,000 for a new 450, I'm hanging up the boots and I'll buy a $4000 mountain bike,

|

8/16/2018 6:48 AM

mxer613 wrote:

Squirrelings wrote:

Just because there's enough rich people to buy three $12,000 dirt bikes doesn't mean shit. It is getting more expensive. If I had to pay $12,000 for a new 450, I'm hanging up the boots and I'll buy a $4000 mountain bike,

For 4k you will get a nice but not spectacular mtb. You want the best, something like a Santa Cruz Nomad, try 7k.

Now that is some crazy money for a bicycle. Don't even get me started on road bike prices.

What it all comes down to is massive money printing over the last 10 years, but never mind, no inflation here!

|

8/16/2018 6:51 AM

I’d honestly like to see more of this, I think it’s a cool idea. Like someone said, it’s like buying a loaded truck vs the base model. Even for 250f’s, I’d have a hard time saying no to a 250f with a mildly built motor, pipe, and kit suspension off the floor.

|

RPM Performance
CT

8/16/2018 6:53 AM

stone881 wrote:

For 4k you will get a nice but not spectacular mtb. You want the best, something like a Santa Cruz Nomad, try 7k.

Now that is some crazy money for a bicycle. Don't even get me started on road bike prices.

What it all comes down to is massive money printing over the last 10 years, but never mind, no inflation here!

Yeah, i said $4000 because I'd never waste money like that for something that won't make me any faster, just like a CRF450 WE.

|

8/16/2018 7:36 AM

PRM31 wrote:

I’m not sure what to think about Honda’s business model of releasing a works edition at the same time as the regular model. Makes their regular model seem second class to me. With KTM having them at different times of year the FE offers some goodies but much of the value is you get the new year’s bike earlier. It doesn’t seem to take away from the regular model the way the Honda does, to me anyway.

I have a different perspective on it. It's like a car that is a coupe or you can buy the same model with upgrades. For example a Camaro coupe or upgrade to an RS, SS or Z28. It really depends on what the consumer is looking for.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

8/16/2018 7:44 AM

you think only "rich" guys can afford a $12K bike? You obviously don't know what rich is.

|

8/16/2018 7:49 AM

PRM31 wrote:

H4L wrote:

I have a different perspective on it. It's like a car that is a coupe or you can buy the same model with upgrades. For example a Camaro coupe or upgrade to an RS, SS or Z28. It really depends on what the consumer is looking for.

I think we're really saying the same thing. Before the WE the CRF450R was a Z28. i.e. the top of the line in performance. Now its relegated to a lower lever coupe, RS or whatever. If I'm buying a $9-10k bike I want to at least think I've bought the top of the line. Just a perception thing.

|

8/16/2018 7:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2018 7:55 AM

Squirrelings wrote:

stone881 wrote:

Squirrelings wrote:

Yeah, i said $4000 because I'd never waste money like that for something that won't make me any faster, just like a CRF450 WE.

You could definitely get a top of the line mtb for $4000, if not less. Just get a used one in good shape that was high end brand new. Both mtb bikes i have had last were 8-9 grand msrp and got them both for just under 3 grand, both looked basically new besides normal wear and tear you'll get either way.

|

8/16/2018 7:54 AM

PRM31 wrote:

H4L wrote:

PRM31 wrote:

I think we're really saying the same thing. Before the WE the CRF450R was a Z28. i.e. the top of the line in performance. Now its relegated to a lower lever coupe, RS or whatever. If I'm buying a $9-10k bike I want to at least think I've bought the top of the line. Just a perception thing.

Buy the std "R" & negotiate a really good deal on it.
Get the Yosh slip-ons.
Have your suspension done and even splurge on the cool coatings.
Get your favorite or "KR style" graphics and seat-cover.
Put the wheels of your choice on it...

Voila...

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

8/16/2018 8:00 AM

H4L wrote:

PRM31 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Get the Yosh slip-ons.

Voila...

And have Ron Hamp do some Work on it. Sleeper.

|

8/16/2018 8:01 AM

Bell curve of what ppl can afford is shifting left, doesnt mean there wont always be a top end. Im sure theyd sell a few in brazil too...

|

8/16/2018 8:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2018 8:21 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

Get the Yosh slip-ons.

Voila...

You forgot the cyl. head port work & CDI mapping from HRC. That seems to be a good feature the standard R doesn't have. Kind of like the Z-28 having a little better engine performance vs. the coupe camaro.

|

8/16/2018 8:03 AM

H4L wrote:

PRM31 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Get the Yosh slip-ons.

Voila...

Buy the WE then,. Dropping $$ in a stock bike to make it a WE,. The WE is cheaper actually if you plan on doing the stuff you mentioned.

|

8/16/2018 8:06 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Buy the WE then,. Dropping $$ in a stock bike to make it a WE,. The WE is cheaper actually if you plan on doing the stuff you mentioned.

Yep. Been there done that. It adds up quick..

|

8/16/2018 8:43 AM

I feel a financial seminar coming on for those riders who aren't willing to speak with their wallet. lol

|