2019 vs 2018 fly f2 carbon mips helmet

Related:
Create New Tag

8/3/2018 9:48 PM

hi guys i was looking for a new helmet to replace my older f2 carbón mips. as i browsed the new helmets i could notice the 2019 helmets are cheaper than the 2018. how come? are they made cheaper? not as safe? lesser quality materials?

thanks for your help. i really love my older f2 carbón and i want to get a new one.

|

8/3/2018 10:38 PM

A podcast dropped this week where Jason Thomas talked about this. He basically said it’s the same helmet (with a redesigned chin guard) that they are able to sell cheaper.

It’s the Steve Matthew Show “2019 Fly Racing gear pod”.

|

8/4/2018 1:58 AM

I would also guess that Fly will release an all new high-end helmet soon. JT hinted about something in a thread earlier.

Dropping the price of the F2 makes sense if they have a brand new model planned for the future.

|

8/4/2018 7:15 AM

Motofinne wrote:

I would also guess that Fly will release an all new high-end helmet soon. JT hinted about something in a thread earlier.

Dropping the price of the F2 makes sense if they have a brand new model planned for the future.

They are reintroducing the Formula helmet.

|

8/4/2018 8:12 AM

Motofinne wrote:

woodsryder wrote:

GuyB photo...

|

8/4/2018 8:47 AM

Fly is on it...good protection for a good price. They're good for our sport.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

8/4/2018 9:31 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

Fly is on it...good protection for a good price. They're good for our sport.

Absolutely. Crag Shoemaker, the CEO of WPS, legitimately eats, breathes and sleeps motorcycles. You won't find a nicer person who will make time to have a conversation with you.

|

8/4/2018 11:33 AM

Motofinne wrote:

woodsryder wrote:

ML512 wrote:

GuyB photo...

Wasn’t the Formula pretty much the same helmet as the F2?

The F2 Carbon and the Formula were the same carbon fiber shell. The price difference came from the addition of titanium fasteners, an extra visor and a helmet bag with the Formula.

Wonder what will actually be different this time.

|

8/4/2018 11:41 AM

woodsryder wrote:

ML512 wrote:

GuyB photo...

mxbrian15 wrote:

Wasn’t the Formula pretty much the same helmet as the F2?

The F2 Carbon and the Formula were the same carbon fiber shell. The price difference came from the addition of titanium fasteners, an extra visor and a helmet bag with the Formula.

Wonder what will actually be different this time.

I heard the new one will have their own rotational force protection system and not MIPS.

|

8/4/2018 12:16 PM

ratonmacias wrote:

hi guys i was looking for a new helmet to replace my older f2 carbón mips. as i browsed the new helmets i could notice the 2019 helmets are cheaper than the 2018. how come? are they made cheaper? not as safe? lesser quality materials?

thanks for your help. i really love my older f2 carbón and i want to get a new one.

To answer your question on price, the main difference I notice is the fact that they’re now ordering ECE spec shells/liners for all markets, instead of splitting orders between Snell and ECE...meaning their end price is probably a little better and they’re passing it onto customers. Also, with a new high-end entry coming in, they might be tying to create a little more gap between the two products on price.

|

8/5/2018 6:10 AM

Thanks for the info. Does anybody know the ETA of the new helmet?

|

8/5/2018 7:58 AM

The new F2 is 1/3 pound lighter, has a fully integrated mouthpiece now (older F2 was detachable), and is $299.95 for carbon shell with MIPS. Pretty tough deal to beat.

As for any new helmet,

|

8/5/2018 9:57 AM

Dave Chapelle, Classic!

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

8/5/2018 11:17 AM

Loved The Chapelle show !!

|

8/5/2018 11:19 AM

|

8/5/2018 11:20 AM

SKIDLID wrote:

Love my Fly gear also.

|