2019 rmz450 worth it?

Bud224
1/14/2020 3:32pm
Forty wrote:
They don’t suck. They’re great bikes but they do not re sell very well. So plan on riding it awhile, put 250 hours on it and...
They don’t suck. They’re great bikes but they do not re sell very well. So plan on riding it awhile, put 250 hours on it and enjoy it. If you try to sell it after a year you’ll lose your ass.
Well said....love them but damn hard to sell. Put the lowering link on and ignore everything you hear. Best kept secret in moto how good that thing is.
Goon126
1/14/2020 4:12pm
Everyone I have ever talked to that saved money on a bike that didn't have electric start regretted it. So that plus getting the better bike (Yamaha) just spend a bit more
O&GDriller
1/14/2020 4:15pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2020 4:18pm
MOTO1313 wrote:
Unless it's a Honda, it isn't even worth riding. Buying a 2020 Suzuki is like buying a 2015 Suzuki. Might as well buy a good low...
Unless it's a Honda, it isn't even worth riding. Buying a 2020 Suzuki is like buying a 2015 Suzuki. Might as well buy a good low hour used Zook for $2k.
zehn wrote:
Care to elaborate?
MOTO1313 wrote:
Sure. Honda's are the best built bike on the planet. This is no secret. Anytime anyone looks for a used bike, everyone knows that Honda's hold...
Sure. Honda's are the best built bike on the planet. This is no secret. Anytime anyone looks for a used bike, everyone knows that Honda's hold up better than any other brand, As far as new bikes, Honda's look better, they have no stink bug feel, people can get on a CRF and feel comfy almost immediately. Some of the other 450s are like riding a tank or take time to adapt. Simply put...Honda's are better than every other brand out there. Now that we have that settled, go buy a Honda.
Amusing how Vitards make global statements like, "everyone knows that Honda's hold up better than any other brand". I consider myself part of the "everyone" crowd and I STRONGLY disagree with you. I've been racing/riding for 49 years and bought and rode Honda's from 1993 thru 2010 at which time I switched to KTM. I was on Husky prior to Honda.

I got tired of fixing the latter model Honda's after they switched to the aluminum frame bikes in 1997. The engineering and quality of components on the KTM is significantly better than the Honda or any other brand BASED UPON MY USAGE as a vet weekend rider who rides over 100 hours/yr.

I got tired of putting top ends in my 4T Honda's every 45 to 50 hours and don't even get me going on the shit Honda valves and heads and the money I spent on them. I've owned a 2010, 13, 15, 17 and now a 19 KTM 450 and EVERY one of them has gotten over 200 hours on the top and bottom end at which point I sell them and get a new one. I've not had to open up the engine on a single one of the KTM's. Hell, who ever heard of getting 200 hours out of a top end AND 200 hours out of the original OEM clutch.

So FWIW, my Honda's weren't in the same league as my KTM's. If KTM drops the ball on their product I can easily see myself going back to red or any other color for that matter. I'll always buy the best product for my needs. I don't give a shit what color it is.
1/14/2020 4:19pm
You can get a left over ‘19 KX450 for nearly the same price, and it comes with that highly valued button that is all the rage these days.

The Shop

kiwifan
1/14/2020 4:20pm
Good deal, I would go for it....a lot of advice in this thread about what other bikes you should (or shouldnt) buy, but personally since you asked the question about the 19 RMZ not any other bike then I would get the RMZ.
DKmxFAN
1/14/2020 4:22pm
Looking into buying a leftover 19 suzuki 450 for a really good price such as 5700 and i was wondering if it was worth it or...
Looking into buying a leftover 19 suzuki 450 for a really good price such as 5700 and i was wondering if it was worth it or if i should spend another 1200 on a yamaha or honda. Was wondering if they are really as bad as the reveiws on youtube say they are? And was gonna used the money i saved to get aftermarket pipe and suspension done anyways.
For the price heck ya
Goon126
1/14/2020 4:26pm
kiwifan wrote:
Good deal, I would go for it....a lot of advice in this thread about what other bikes you should (or shouldnt) buy, but personally since you...
Good deal, I would go for it....a lot of advice in this thread about what other bikes you should (or shouldnt) buy, but personally since you asked the question about the 19 RMZ not any other bike then I would get the RMZ.
"Since you asked the question about the 19 RMZ not any other bike"? He asked if he should spend a bit more for a Yamaha or Honda
kiwifan
1/14/2020 4:30pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2020 4:30pm
kiwifan wrote:
Good deal, I would go for it....a lot of advice in this thread about what other bikes you should (or shouldnt) buy, but personally since you...
Goon126 wrote:
"Since you asked the question about the 19 RMZ not any other bike"? He asked if he should spend a bit more for a Yamaha or...
"Since you asked the question about the 19 RMZ not any other bike"? He asked if he should spend a bit more for a Yamaha or Honda
I stand corrected...still a good deal for a RMZ
1/14/2020 4:36pm
Pick a colour. I had a 97 rm125 for 10 years. Then a crf250 now a kx450f. Same quality different characteristics
1/14/2020 4:44pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2020 4:46pm
I rode one for contingency in 2019, they have the best contingency out of any of the bikes if that is a factor in your bike buying. It was nice getting paid to race for once... I like the bike, it definitely feels heavy but once I put the racetech gold valves in the forks it was a totally different machine. Fun to ride and bullet proof! Very reliable bike. I’m 6’8” 220 pounds and the bike pulled me around a track just fine. It’s for sale by the way 😂
1/14/2020 4:53pm
If you are a weekend basher, dune rider, whatever. Get a low cost suzuki. They are bullet proof. If you are sensitive to bike setup and need better. Pay more for the other brands
plowboy
1/14/2020 5:28pm
Rider A: Understands suspension set up, mapping, ergos, and knows which machine suits his style the best. Probably expert level racer. Cost is secondary to performance and results on the track.

Rider B: Buys dirt bike and twists throttle till things get scary or requires medical attention. If smart, finds skills are far below bikes capabilities and has a shit ton of fun anyways.

A or B?

lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
1/14/2020 5:45pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2020 10:44pm
I love how Suzukis handle. I think that they make a great bike
SwingHard
1/14/2020 6:01pm
Looking into buying a leftover 19 suzuki 450 for a really good price such as 5700 and i was wondering if it was worth it or...
Looking into buying a leftover 19 suzuki 450 for a really good price such as 5700 and i was wondering if it was worth it or if i should spend another 1200 on a yamaha or honda. Was wondering if they are really as bad as the reveiws on youtube say they are? And was gonna used the money i saved to get aftermarket pipe and suspension done anyways.
I went into my local shop today looking for a UTV cover,not looking for a new bike, saw a 19' RMZ-450 with a very good price tag on it. Long story short, I walked out with a 2020 RMZ-450 for waaayy less than I would've for one of the other Big4-450's. Even after suspension and exhaust if I decide ,I'm still way under the OTD price on any other 450! If you decide on the RMZ ask your dealer about RM Army, it's a simple process and it dropped the price very close to the 2019. I currently have a Honda, Kawai and a 08' RM-250 in the garage.
Forty
1/14/2020 6:06pm
SwingHard wrote:
I went into my local shop today looking for a UTV cover,not looking for a new bike, saw a 19' RMZ-450 with a very good price...
I went into my local shop today looking for a UTV cover,not looking for a new bike, saw a 19' RMZ-450 with a very good price tag on it. Long story short, I walked out with a 2020 RMZ-450 for waaayy less than I would've for one of the other Big4-450's. Even after suspension and exhaust if I decide ,I'm still way under the OTD price on any other 450! If you decide on the RMZ ask your dealer about RM Army, it's a simple process and it dropped the price very close to the 2019. I currently have a Honda, Kawai and a 08' RM-250 in the garage.
Nice
Racer111
1/14/2020 6:21pm
MOTO1313 wrote:
Unless it's a Honda, it isn't even worth riding. Buying a 2020 Suzuki is like buying a 2015 Suzuki. Might as well buy a good low...
Unless it's a Honda, it isn't even worth riding. Buying a 2020 Suzuki is like buying a 2015 Suzuki. Might as well buy a good low hour used Zook for $2k.
zehn wrote:
Care to elaborate?
Please god no. Don’t ask him to do that. We’ve already seen his idiocy. No need to put it on display twice.
AH387
1/14/2020 6:46pm
kiwifan wrote:
To be fair, he straight up asked if he should spend more and just a Honda or Yamaha, which I would say yes.

And just because someone suggests another bike, doesn't mean they are implying Suzuki sucks. Again, if you are considering buying a bike for less, knowing you will put money into suspension and exhaust (to get it where you want it), then why not just get a bike that likely needs nothing? If you are considering a Yamaha, I'd get that and be done.
MX690
1/14/2020 7:42pm
Unless you're a pro or running up the front in A grade, a Suzuki will be just fine, very few people get everything out of a 450 anyway. Just go watch at your local track or ride park and check out the guys on their YZ's and CRF's and watch them ride around at half throttle on their shootout winning bikes. If you like the Suzuki get the Suzuki. And unless you're captain crasher you should only need to kick it once every ride.
AH387
1/14/2020 8:20pm
MX690 wrote:
Unless you're a pro or running up the front in A grade, a Suzuki will be just fine, very few people get everything out of a...
Unless you're a pro or running up the front in A grade, a Suzuki will be just fine, very few people get everything out of a 450 anyway. Just go watch at your local track or ride park and check out the guys on their YZ's and CRF's and watch them ride around at half throttle on their shootout winning bikes. If you like the Suzuki get the Suzuki. And unless you're captain crasher you should only need to kick it once every ride.
I would agree 100% if he said he was getting the RMZ and leaving it alone. But if he is already buying it with intent to spend money to improve it, that whole point goes out the window.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2511th
1/14/2020 10:38pm
is it worth it?

in a nutshell the bike is a very refined 2008 model. Its not bad, its just not been updated with an electric starter or less weight.

but you can add a muffler and revalve the shock and be on your way and love the bike.

I've had a couple RMZ 450's and loved all of them

when i can do all the same things on the RMZ but its 6k while Huskys/ktms are 9k plus.... its hard justify not getting the RMZ

1/15/2020 12:06am
OP I would try and find a 19 KXF. Nothing wrong with the RMZ but you can do better for almost 6 grand.
austin_bo
Fantasy
160th
1/15/2020 4:06am
MOTO1313 wrote:
Brand loyalty? Until they build a better bike, I'll buy Honda's. That's like saying...gee, I'm too fucking stupid to by this bike just because it's obviously...
Brand loyalty? Until they build a better bike, I'll buy Honda's. That's like saying...gee, I'm too fucking stupid to by this bike just because it's obviously better... because...I am not a brand loyalist. Nope. Give me that other turd because...well, I don't know why. Magazines said so I suppose.
They do. It's called a Husqvarna. I dumped my CRF for an FC. Haven't regretted it for a second. OP, I debated the same thing. I...
They do. It's called a Husqvarna. I dumped my CRF for an FC. Haven't regretted it for a second.

OP, I debated the same thing. I liked my 2010 RMZ and the 18/19 RMZs are pretty cheap. But the light weight, superior component set, and quality build sold me on the FC350. At $6988 OTD I bought one.

Hammer
In what state do you live? Asking because that’s a killer deal
oceantrav
1/15/2020 5:59am
MOTO1313 wrote:
Brand loyalty? Until they build a better bike, I'll buy Honda's. That's like saying...gee, I'm too fucking stupid to by this bike just because it's obviously...
Brand loyalty? Until they build a better bike, I'll buy Honda's. That's like saying...gee, I'm too fucking stupid to by this bike just because it's obviously better... because...I am not a brand loyalist. Nope. Give me that other turd because...well, I don't know why. Magazines said so I suppose.
They do. It's called a Husqvarna. I dumped my CRF for an FC. Haven't regretted it for a second. OP, I debated the same thing. I...
They do. It's called a Husqvarna. I dumped my CRF for an FC. Haven't regretted it for a second.

OP, I debated the same thing. I liked my 2010 RMZ and the 18/19 RMZs are pretty cheap. But the light weight, superior component set, and quality build sold me on the FC350. At $6988 OTD I bought one.

Hammer
austin_bo wrote:
Right, over the last 10 years when ever I see people post these OTD prices, I end up calling around and prices I get are over $2k more (and I’m in the south). Then end up buying almost new used bike
MOTO1313
1/15/2020 6:14am
I have owned probably 25 Hondas and countless bikes in general. The 2015 CRF250 was the only one I can say I didn't like. It was underpowered and the forks blew chunks. Still rode and raced it, but it was not as fast as other bikes. I have owned and raced Suzukis, Kawis...never a Yamaha. Ridden buddies yammis, but never liked them at all. They always looked odd sitting on the bike, turned like a turd, looked beat after 2 months and the quality of components just wasn't there. Honda's on the other hand never disappointed me once (2015 exception). I blew up Suzuki clutches, broke trannys always had nagging problems. Kawis were decent. Loved my 2007 KXF250. That was the last one I liked however. At the end of the day...Honda was the ONE brand I knew I could trust.
austin_bo
Fantasy
160th
1/15/2020 6:20am

Hammer
austin_bo wrote:
oceantrav wrote:
Right, over the last 10 years when ever I see people post these OTD prices, I end up calling around and prices I get are over...
Right, over the last 10 years when ever I see people post these OTD prices, I end up calling around and prices I get are over $2k more (and I’m in the south). Then end up buying almost new used bike
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Every time someone post an OTD price like that, I feel like I've been ripped off. I'm near 3 KTM/Husky dealers in NJ... couldn't get any of them to go lower than $9,200 OTD for a leftover 350 last year. I've talked to local riders and it seems to be a fair deal, but then I see $6,988 for the same bike and I want to take a walk off a short pier.

Bromley686
1/15/2020 7:01am
Maybe I’m just poor at reading but I have been wondering this whole time if $5700 is an otd price or advertised price before all the fees dealers charge? I didn’t see anywhere stating which it is. OTD it seems like a great price, but if it’s without fees? Well, I called on one that was advertised less than that and they added $2000 in fees to it. F that, $7000 OTD for a bike that will be hard to sell for $3700 within a year (I know he said he plans on keeping it 4 years) isn’t something I’d want to buy. And this is coming from someone who owns a Suzuki. So otd good, advertises plus fees stay away.
SwingHard
1/15/2020 7:06am
austin_bo wrote:
oceantrav wrote:
Right, over the last 10 years when ever I see people post these OTD prices, I end up calling around and prices I get are over...
austin_bo wrote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Every time someone post an OTD price like that, I feel like I've been ripped off. I'm near 3...
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Every time someone post an OTD price like that, I feel like I've been ripped off. I'm near 3 KTM/Husky dealers in NJ... couldn't get any of them to go lower than $9,200 OTD for a leftover 350 last year. I've talked to local riders and it seems to be a fair deal, but then I see $6,988 for the same bike and I want to take a walk off a short pier.

I was in the same boat three years ago,I bought a Husky 350,called around only to find Dealers are not dealing on that bike! Paid close to asking price.When I see some of you guys listing OTD prices on bikes,it makes me feel like I've been getting ripped off ever since I started buying my own bikes at 17 yrs.old! This 20' RMZ I just bought may be the first bike I feel like I got a great deal on!
oceantrav
1/15/2020 7:09am
Bromley686 wrote:
Maybe I’m just poor at reading but I have been wondering this whole time if $5700 is an otd price or advertised price before all the...
Maybe I’m just poor at reading but I have been wondering this whole time if $5700 is an otd price or advertised price before all the fees dealers charge? I didn’t see anywhere stating which it is. OTD it seems like a great price, but if it’s without fees? Well, I called on one that was advertised less than that and they added $2000 in fees to it. F that, $7000 OTD for a bike that will be hard to sell for $3700 within a year (I know he said he plans on keeping it 4 years) isn’t something I’d want to buy. And this is coming from someone who owns a Suzuki. So otd good, advertises plus fees stay away.
$5700 OTD would be good for sure. Just sold a 18 rmz450 for $4000. Could have got $4500 I’m sure but had no title and hard to sell one without a title in Florida

Now I’m looking for a newer 19 or so low hour bike, the prices scare me lol
petef930
1/15/2020 7:18am
I bought a 17 at the end of 17 for $4700. I love it. I use it for the woods. I’ve raised the bars. Lowered the chassis. Use the recommended setting for the air shocks. And I don’t regret it at all. I love the bike. At times it wears me out but it’s fun. I do with I had that magical button to start it up when I’m in a single track rut up to the pegs but it is what it is. The bikes rip. Looks great and sound mean.

Post a reply to: 2019 rmz450 worth it?

The Latest