2019 rmz450 worth it?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/14/2020 11:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2020 11:55 AM

Looking into buying a leftover 19 suzuki 450 for a really good price such as 5700 and i was wondering if it was worth it or if i should spend another 1200 on a yamaha or honda. Was wondering if they are really as bad as the reveiws on youtube say they are? And was gonna used the money i saved to get aftermarket pipe and suspension done anyways.

|

1/14/2020 11:56 AM

All reviews state that there are no bad bikes, don't forget that.

|

1/14/2020 11:59 AM

As long as you don't mind kicking it.

|

1/14/2020 12:00 PM

Jay_Hampton wrote:

Looking into buying a leftover 19 suzuki 450 for a really good price such as 5700 and i was wondering if it was worth it or if i should spend another 1200 on a yamaha or honda. Was wondering if they are really as bad as the reveiws on youtube say they are? And was gonna used the money i saved to get aftermarket pipe and suspension done anyways.

Yes

|

1/14/2020 12:01 PM

Jay_Hampton wrote:

I think a high comp piston and exhaust are all the RMZ450 needs to close the engine performance "gap" if there even is one. $5700 is a really good deal I'd by an RMZ450 at that price if I was in the market for a new bike.
Suspension work alone will cost you close to $1000 once springs are factored in....I said close to 1k not exactly but close.

|

1/14/2020 12:03 PM

Better question would be why do people keep asking this same question. It’s a good bike that can be an awesome bike with some basic mods. Just doesn’t have electric start.

|

1/14/2020 12:11 PM

Yes it is worth it. Rode my dad's 2020 on New Year's and it was fun and easy to ride.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

1/14/2020 12:21 PM

How long do you plan to ride it?

|

1/14/2020 12:27 PM

A few things to consider, if it were me...If you are also considering a Honda or Yamaha, what would your plans be for that? If you would be happy with the Yamaha suspension as-is, then that right there would be a big reason for me to go with that bike. If you aren't a Yamaha guy, then I guess that is a different story. Also, RMZ motor does have a little more old-school feel to it , as far as not a free-revvy and a bit of braking feel. Also, resale on RMZs seems to be on the low-end compared to Honda, Yam KTM. So keep that in mind. If you are a Suzuki guy and already know you'll like the bike, then by all means. But to me, I'd shop for the 450 that best fits what you want in a bike, rather than try to save a little bit of money, just to turn around and spend on mods. Seems silly to me, but everyone is different.

|

1/14/2020 12:47 PM

I had one last year and its a great bike. If id do it again id get a husky or a kawi.

Husky you spend more up front but holds its value so well you end up losing less overall.

Id say kawi as an alternative because i think its a better overall package than the suzuki but still offered at prices close to the Suzuki much cheaper than the others.

|

1/14/2020 12:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2020 12:53 PM

Forty wrote:

How long do you plan to ride it?

at least 4 years

|

1/14/2020 12:53 PM

One thing about hopping up the engine on the rmz450, consider you might need to drop the coin on a vortex ecu. No one has the software to map the stock black box and once you start swapping pistons and all that, it might need mapping to yet it running right, let along making big power.

The rmz engine is good, probably doesnt need anything other than a slip on silencer

|

1/14/2020 1:00 PM

So why is nobody asking what is your primary use of the bike going to be? Racer weekend warrior professional practice rider?

|

1/14/2020 1:02 PM

mb60 wrote:

As long as you don't mind kicking it.

That's it. It's impossible to beat that price and the bike is fine (for us mortals) but kicking? I kill my bike two or three times in an hour WORCS race. I would dread having to kick it back to life.

|

Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous. Checkout; ABetterStockMarket.com

1/14/2020 1:02 PM

Jay_Hampton wrote:

i guess if you're ready to break the news to your parents then what better time than now

|

1/14/2020 1:04 PM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

So why is nobody asking what is your primary use of the bike going to be? Racer weekend warrior professional practice rider?

Race on saturdays or little bit of trail riding with buddys and race practice occasionally through the week. But weekend warrior type guy

|

1/14/2020 1:10 PM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

Jay_Hampton wrote:

Race on saturdays or little bit of trail riding with buddys and race practice occasionally through the week. But weekend warrior type guy

Short answer is just buy a Yam or KTM and leave it as-is. If you were looking to buy a cheap, new 450 and leave it alone, not worrying about upgrading, then I'd say get the Suzuki. But if you still are going to race, to me, I think you could buy a YZF leave the suspension untouched, have the ability to change the maps with ease, have a better bike that needs nothing. I just see no benefit of buying a Suzuki at a cheaper OTD price and then dropping a grand or 2 into exhaust and suspension.

|

1/14/2020 1:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2020 1:17 PM

It isn't a bad bike but i would absolutely get the Yamaha or Honda for 1200 bucks more if it fits your budget. I actually can't find any reason to buy the Suzuki over those two bikes unless 5700 is your limit.

|

1/14/2020 1:34 PM

Unless it's a Honda, it isn't even worth riding. Buying a 2020 Suzuki is like buying a 2015 Suzuki. Might as well buy a good low hour used Zook for $2k.

|

1/14/2020 1:45 PM

MOTO1313 wrote:

Unless it's a Honda, it isn't even worth riding. Buying a 2020 Suzuki is like buying a 2015 Suzuki. Might as well buy a good low hour used Zook for $2k.

Care to elaborate?

|

1/14/2020 1:49 PM

Since you said your keeping it for about 4 years id seriously look at another bike. 4 years is a long time to recoup 500-1200 difference in purchase price as far as use and fun goes.

Look for a good deal on a leftover honda or kawi. I saw 18 crf450s for 5999 just a couple months ago and left over kawis for like 6800.

|

1/14/2020 2:10 PM

They are not bad, they are literally splitting hairs in shootouts, Comparing all the bikes, they are bullet proof as well. Depending on skill level or weight you may not even need it done. I’m going down one spring rate in the rear.

|

1/14/2020 2:23 PM

MOTO1313 wrote:

zehn wrote:

Care to elaborate?

Sure. Honda's are the best built bike on the planet. This is no secret. Anytime anyone looks for a used bike, everyone knows that Honda's hold up better than any other brand, As far as new bikes, Honda's look better, they have no stink bug feel, people can get on a CRF and feel comfy almost immediately. Some of the other 450s are like riding a tank or take time to adapt. Simply put...Honda's are better than every other brand out there. Now that we have that settled, go buy a Honda.

|

1/14/2020 2:34 PM

MOTO1313 wrote:

zehn wrote:

Care to elaborate?

MOTO1313 wrote:

Sure. Honda's are the best built bike on the planet. This is no secret. Anytime anyone looks for a used bike, everyone knows that Honda's hold up better than any other brand, As far as new bikes, Honda's look better, they have no stink bug feel, people can get on a CRF and feel comfy almost immediately. Some of the other 450s are like riding a tank or take time to adapt. Simply put...Honda's are better than every other brand out there. Now that we have that settled, go buy a Honda.

Do you stick your pee pee into your hondas exhaust? Do you caress its curves? Brand loyalists kill me.

|

1/14/2020 2:39 PM

Brand loyalty? Until they build a better bike, I'll buy Honda's. That's like saying...gee, I'm too fucking stupid to by this bike just because it's obviously better... because...I am not a brand loyalist. Nope. Give me that other turd because...well, I don't know why. Magazines said so I suppose.

|

1/14/2020 2:48 PM

Buy it and get the suspension setup for your weight/ riding ability and you will have an awesome 450 for $6500 all in.

|

1/14/2020 2:50 PM

zehn wrote:

Care to elaborate?

MOTO1313 wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

Do you stick your pee pee into your hondas exhaust? Do you caress its curves? Brand loyalists kill me.

You made me laugh ! I went to buy a Honda last year for all the reasons you said....I bought the 2019 KX 450 and don’t regret it!

|

1/14/2020 2:52 PM

MOTO1313 wrote:

Brand loyalty? Until they build a better bike, I'll buy Honda's. That's like saying...gee, I'm too fucking stupid to by this bike just because it's obviously better... because...I am not a brand loyalist. Nope. Give me that other turd because...well, I don't know why. Magazines said so I suppose.

What did you buy from 2010 to 2016? The underpowered, wierdly balanced, shit clutch, air forked crf offerings? The 250 and 450 were both underpowered. The ktm 350s made more power than the crf450 in 16 and were lighter. Let alone the ktm 450...

How great was the 04-07 crf250? It ate valves pretty well. But wait i thought honda built the best most dependable bikes ever.

How great was the late model cr125s being down massively on power to all the other 125s?

Insane to write the things you're writing.

|

1/14/2020 3:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2020 3:10 PM

MOTO1313 wrote:

They do. It's called a Husqvarna. I dumped my CRF for an FC. Haven't regretted it for a second.

OP, I debated the same thing. I liked my 2010 RMZ and the 18/19 RMZs are pretty cheap. But the light weight, superior component set, and quality build sold me on the FC350. At $6988 OTD I bought one.

Hammer

|

1/14/2020 3:09 PM

Don’t listen to these morons, spend little more $ and get what u really want. And yea , I did ride one those Suzuki’s and sucked.

|

Born in Prague,living in LA,so if you don't like my spelling,blow me!

18 YZ450F
16 Yamaha YXZ 1000R
17 Yamaha MT-10 FZ-10 165 Hp RWP
06 CRF450X street legal supermoto
06 RM250 smoker
1992 CR250R basket case
2006 CRF50