2019 ktm factory edition

mxmike42
Edited Date/Time 11/20/2018 4:59am
Strange no talking about anything on this bike . Last year so much was leaked out . Will there be one ?
|
flatout111
11/18/2018 12:51pm
It is usually announced in December. It is not all behind schedule. It's just not time yet.
tek14
11/18/2018 2:26pm
It seems this year not so much new things.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
11/18/2018 5:12pm
tek14 wrote:
The 2019 KTM 450 SX-F Factory Edition will come with more powerparts/aftermarket parts than any prior FE they've done.

The Shop

Pirate421
11/18/2018 5:24pm Edited Date/Time 11/18/2018 5:25pm
ML512 wrote:
The 2019 KTM 450 SX-F Factory Edition will come with more powerparts/aftermarket parts than any prior FE they've done.
Hmm cone valves possibly? That would be the biggest separator I could see and would for sure one up the Honda edition suspension upgrades.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
11/18/2018 5:27pm
Pirate421 wrote:
Hmm cone valves possibly? That would be the biggest separator I could see and would for sure one up the Honda edition suspension upgrades.
Not Cone Valve spring forks...But based on the new XACT logos, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Cone Valve inside the AER (air) forks that they will come with.
MX915
11/18/2018 5:31pm
ML512 wrote:
That sounds interesting. Also gotta wonder if it will come with that extra frame brace on the engine cradle that the factory bikes are running.
blaze 57
11/18/2018 6:37pm
Previous factory editions were just added bling. I hope KTM takes a look at what Honda did quit the all bling non sense (some is good) and give the public cone valve forks, some factory motor internals or parts that really set it apart from the following yr full production bike like Honda did.
tk2stroke
11/18/2018 7:10pm
blaze 57 wrote:
Previous factory editions were just added bling. I hope KTM takes a look at what Honda did quit the all bling non sense (some is good)...
Previous factory editions were just added bling. I hope KTM takes a look at what Honda did quit the all bling non sense (some is good) and give the public cone valve forks, some factory motor internals or parts that really set it apart from the following yr full production bike like Honda did.
No chance, KTMs concept is a much smarter model from a business and R&D standpoint. They get an opportunity to real world test their production model to work out any bugs while offering early adopters some extra bling all while having extra profit margin.

Honda on the other hand seemingly offers some performance upgrades for a high premium, but serious racers have little use for those upgrades as they will bolt on preferred suspension and exhaust systems. The Honda WE caters to wealthy vets or average Joe's who like to pretend they are getting a clone of KRocs factory machine.
Paul333
11/18/2018 8:21pm
blaze 57 wrote:
Previous factory editions were just added bling. I hope KTM takes a look at what Honda did quit the all bling non sense (some is good)...
You lost me.

The Honda Works Edition has what? Some engine work & ECU. Other than that it’s a standard model year bike with slip on exhaust, graphics, seat cover, and fork anodizing.

The KTM FE’s are actual pre-production models w/bling.

Hardly a comparison.
RCMXracing
11/18/2018 10:08pm
blaze 57 wrote:
Paul333 wrote:
You lost me. The Honda Works Edition has what? Some engine work & ECU. Other than that it’s a standard model year bike with slip on...
You lost me.

The Honda Works Edition has what? Some engine work & ECU. Other than that it’s a standard model year bike with slip on exhaust, graphics, seat cover, and fork anodizing.

The KTM FE’s are actual pre-production models w/bling.

Hardly a comparison.
Y’all need a mediator. I agree and disagree with both of you. Good luck.
yz133rider
11/18/2018 10:53pm
Regardless they are appealing to the same crowd, whatever that is lol.

Both bad ass bikes. If my situation was different (different tax bracket entirely maybe lol) id had a works edition honda. Instead ive got the left over kia (18 rmz450)
tek14
11/19/2018 12:35am
tek14 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
So more bling/orange and less new desing right?
11/19/2018 12:46am
tek14 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
Hmm, wheels, slip-on, xtrig-copy-clamps, start device and BNG. Did I miss something?
Motofinne
11/19/2018 12:54am
ML512 wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
#434 wrote:
Hmm, wheels, slip-on, xtrig-copy-clamps, start device and BNG. Did I miss something?
That is what i see also, we might add the brake rotors (Moto-Master Flame).
.kyle
11/19/2018 1:10am
blaze 57 wrote:
They did it before honda in the form of the sxs and sxs-f bikes from the early to mid 00's. That's what they should do again. Would be more factory edition that the stuff they've been churning out.
kiwifan
11/19/2018 1:19am
blaze 57 wrote:
tk2stroke wrote:
No chance, KTMs concept is a much smarter model from a business and R&D standpoint. They get an opportunity to real world test their production model...
No chance, KTMs concept is a much smarter model from a business and R&D standpoint. They get an opportunity to real world test their production model to work out any bugs while offering early adopters some extra bling all while having extra profit margin.

Honda on the other hand seemingly offers some performance upgrades for a high premium, but serious racers have little use for those upgrades as they will bolt on preferred suspension and exhaust systems. The Honda WE caters to wealthy vets or average Joe's who like to pretend they are getting a clone of KRocs factory machine.
Huh?....judging by the link above the KTM FE has new wheels, slip-on, xtrig-copy-clamps, start device and BNG.

The WE has wheels, BNG, HRC ECU changes, HRC 2 stage start device, coated forks, new exhaust system, different HRC type head, slight weight savings, different handblebars and still is not charged the price that you would pay for all that additional stuff, so great value for money
H4L
11/19/2018 5:45am
kiwifan wrote:
Huh?....judging by the link above the KTM FE has new wheels, slip-on, xtrig-copy-clamps, start device and BNG. The WE has wheels, BNG, HRC ECU changes, HRC...
Huh?....judging by the link above the KTM FE has new wheels, slip-on, xtrig-copy-clamps, start device and BNG.

The WE has wheels, BNG, HRC ECU changes, HRC 2 stage start device, coated forks, new exhaust system, different HRC type head, slight weight savings, different handblebars and still is not charged the price that you would pay for all that additional stuff, so great value for money
Agree. The Honda has a great value for the money on the WE model. All the added performance upgrades would easily surpass the extra $ on the retail price over the R model. Unless of course you have some inside connections in the industry. Just an added Yosh RS-9 Ti system on an 18 was around $1,400.00 for example on an R model.
yz133rider
11/19/2018 5:47am
kiwifan wrote:
Huh?....judging by the link above the KTM FE has new wheels, slip-on, xtrig-copy-clamps, start device and BNG. The WE has wheels, BNG, HRC ECU changes, HRC...

H4L wrote:
Agree. The Honda has a great value for the money on the WE model. All the added performance upgrades would easily surpass the extra $ on...
Agree. The Honda has a great value for the money on the WE model. All the added performance upgrades would easily surpass the extra $ on the retail price over the R model. Unless of course you have some inside connections in the industry. Just an added Yosh RS-9 Ti system on an 18 was around $1,400.00 for example on an R model.
1400 for just a slip on?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
11/19/2018 5:56am Edited Date/Time 11/19/2018 5:58am
blaze 57 wrote:
tk2stroke wrote:
No chance, KTMs concept is a much smarter model from a business and R&D standpoint. They get an opportunity to real world test their production model...

kiwifan wrote:

The WE has different rims (not full wheels), a slip on exhaust, production head that's hand some hand porting, lower and upper leg coatings, black clamps instead of silver, graphics, and a seat cover. Handlesbars are the same as the standard bike and so is the launch control. The price is also higher than prior KTM FEs I believe.

The KTM we will see will likely have a slip-on exhaust or maybe a full system, complete wheels (billet hubs and rims), new triple clamps, ECU changes, graphics kit, seat cover, some suspension updates...and possibly that frame update.

KTM's prior version of this bike have had a different approach. Once every three years you're getting their new bike around 5 months early while the other two you're getting the ECU and suspension updates for the new model 5 months early, along with some small bling and a slip on.
lumpy790
11/19/2018 5:59am
KTM 2015 250 & 450 factory editions have products were only on that year FE and did not go into the 16 production.

The FE is basically a works bike then parts of it go to the next years production.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
11/19/2018 6:00am
yz133rider wrote:
1400 for just a slip on?
H4L wrote:
The second link you posted is for a full system, an aluminum/stainless version. The WE actually comes with a titanium slip-on system, which they don't even sell.
Motofinne
11/19/2018 6:01am Edited Date/Time 11/19/2018 7:43am
Wait, you can't ignore the fact that the FE/RE is basically the upcoming generation bike every 3 years in the FE/RE vs Honda WE discussion. You literally are able to get the next gen bike a minimum of 6 months early.

2012, 2015, 2018 (first RE bike). We don't know what Honda has planned for the WE yet. Maybe it's "only" a beefed up normal CRF with a few fancy stickers and aftermarket parts like the FE bikes have been between those 12, 15, 18 years.

Don't get me wrong, the Honda WE is a great purchase if you plan on modding your Honda. Just like the FE/RE is every year. The difference at the moment is that the KTM/Husky will actually be "the next years bike and all new" every 3 years.
H4L
11/19/2018 6:06am
ML512 wrote:
The second link you posted is for a full system, an aluminum/stainless version. The WE actually comes with a titanium slip-on system, which they don't even...
The second link you posted is for a full system, an aluminum/stainless version. The WE actually comes with a titanium slip-on system, which they don't even sell.
I was just using it as an example for reference on an R model.

I'm aware that the WE has it's own header & slip ons that are designed for that model.

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/product/honda-crf450rwe-works-edition-titan…
GPrider
11/19/2018 6:40am
Motofinne wrote:
Wait, you can't ignore the fact that the FE/RE is basically the upcoming generation bike every 3 years in the FE/RE vs Honda WE discussion. You...
Wait, you can't ignore the fact that the FE/RE is basically the upcoming generation bike every 3 years in the FE/RE vs Honda WE discussion. You literally are able to get the next gen bike a minimum of 6 months early.

2012, 2015, 2018 (first RE bike). We don't know what Honda has planned for the WE yet. Maybe it's "only" a beefed up normal CRF with a few fancy stickers and aftermarket parts like the FE bikes have been between those 12, 15, 18 years.

Don't get me wrong, the Honda WE is a great purchase if you plan on modding your Honda. Just like the FE/RE is every year. The difference at the moment is that the KTM/Husky will actually be "the next years bike and all new" every 3 years.
ya, and how did that "all new" ktm work out this year? haha. Not always a good thing
BobPA
11/19/2018 7:06am
Motofinne wrote:
Wait, you can't ignore the fact that the FE/RE is basically the upcoming generation bike every 3 years in the FE/RE vs Honda WE discussion. You...

GPrider wrote:
ya, and how did that "all new" ktm work out this year? haha. Not always a good thing
Well it won an SX championship. Dominated MX1 and MX2 overseas. Dominated GNCC and Endurocross. Not to shabby.

Did not do well in the shootouts though...aside from KTMAction magazine.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
11/19/2018 7:24am
Motofinne wrote:

GPrider wrote:
Why did you revalve the suspension on your Kawi if it's not an inferior KTM? WhistlingGrinning
ob
11/19/2018 7:36am
Getting the new bike with all of next years changes, frame, motor, suspension etc months early is what's bad ass about the ktm FEs. Of course some years the changes are bigger than others. The Hondas sure look good but not much else. Not sure how they really compare.

Post a reply to: 2019 ktm factory edition

The Latest